VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
To be sure, I’d take Elsa over most LIs in the VN universe, but not because she’s the best looking. Lucy‘s body type and appearance is just my thing.
Lucy's the MC's neighbor, right? I can't say that I like her much, being totally honest. But I also believe that there's a very subjective component on what everyone of us sees as beautiful. Elsa, on the other hand... Yeah, I find her very attractive. I mean... Just have a look at my signature. She's very pretty IMHO.

I'm starting to have a creeping suspicion that I am the only one in this thread with any taste, obviously Emma is the correct choice for best girl, there's a hard bitchy exterior with a soft creamy submissive inside, and it's my favorite the best character model.
Oh well, Emma has the looks, that's for sure. Another example of how good looking characters made with as a base usually are. The controversial gal of my profile picture is another character based on that same model.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hey there,
I took two days off, I mentioned before, it worked great. Completed 6th scene a couple of days ago and now in the middle of 7th scene.
It's a small one, I expect to finish it in 2–3 days and then switch to 8th.
The target, adjusted to those two days off, was reached this week. Nothing crazy, but I'm satisfied with renders quality this week and Daz was behaving good too.
A good week all in all.
I have a decent amount of scenes created, and we are some decent portion of the way through the update cycle.
I'd like to share with you my opinion on how we should proceed with this and future updates, but I'm already late with this report.
So let's postpone it until next week, we are in no rush with this.

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Hey there,
I took two days off, I mentioned before, it worked great. Completed 6th scene a couple of days ago and now in the middle of 7th scene.
It's a small one, I expect to finish it in 2–3 days and then switch to 8th.
The target, adjusted to those two days off, was reached this week. Nothing crazy, but I'm satisfied with renders quality this week and Daz was behaving good too.
A good week all in all.
I have a decent amount of scenes created, and we are some decent portion of the way through the update cycle.
I'd like to share with you my opinion on how we should proceed with this and future updates, but I'm already late with this report.
So let's postpone it until next week, we are in no rush with this.
I kinda wish we were in a rush.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hi,
The week was busy. Completed 2 scenes and now working on a 3rd. Every time you switch between scenes you have to set them up or at the very least tweak them, it takes time. And because of that, in early stages of working on some scene I'm almost always lagging behind the schedule. It's not a problem since later you can catch up with it, but it only works if the scene is big enough to work with it for a couple of days at least.
This time I had 2 small and 1 mid-sized scenes, plus 2 environment changes within those scenes. The whole week I was lagging behind, and I wouldn't have met the goal if there wasn't that latest mid-sized scene that helped me to catch up. So I reached this week's target, but it was more challenging than usual.
To the next week
I'll be switching to a new scene in a couple of days, and a new character is supposed to debut in that scene.
That character was planned a long ago, and I was working on them for quite a time, but I'm still not happy with what I have.
I'll keep working on the update, meanwhile trying to figure out what to do with that character until the point where said character should appear.
If I don't succeed by that time, I'll take two days from development to work with that character. And if after that I still unsatisfied I'll proceed with what I have and then correct it in future updates
To my thoughts of how to proceed with development
I think we should stick to more frequent updates, even if it would mean smaller updates that wouldn't end there I want them to end and where it feels logical.
By smaller, I mean something like the last one, around 500-600 images or so. Let's call it SDM (size doesn't matter) concept to refer to it later.
The whole idea of SDM is to reach target number of renders and then end the updated in the closest place possible. That closest place possible wouldn't be the place where I wanted or planned to end it initially.
So the main concern with SDM is that it may feel that an update ends abruptly, somewhere in the middle of a story. I could and would try to pick something to make the ending feel less abrupt, but no miracles.
I know some people didn't like 0.4.5 update, the one before the Dhaka, because it was small and lack of any sense of closure.
I share your concern, I don't want it too. But I don't want the project getting derailed even more, and I think even with all those downsides, more regular updates, while could be damaging some story-flow integrity, will be beneficial for the project.
Those are my thoughts, what do you think?
The next report on Friday 28th will be a paid post. Also there will be preview next week, before the paid post.

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Hi,
The week was busy. Completed 2 scenes and now working on a 3rd. Every time you switch between scenes you have to set them up or at the very least tweak them, it takes time. And because of that, in early stages of working on some scene I'm almost always lagging behind the schedule. It's not a problem since later you can catch up with it, but it only works if the scene is big enough to work with it for a couple of days at least.
This time I had 2 small and 1 mid-sized scenes, plus 2 environment changes within those scenes. The whole week I was lagging behind, and I wouldn't have met the goal if there wasn't that latest mid-sized scene that helped me to catch up. So I reached this week's target, but it was more challenging than usual.
To the next week
I'll be switching to a new scene in a couple of days, and a new character is supposed to debut in that scene.
That character was planned a long ago, and I was working on them for quite a time, but I'm still not happy with what I have.
I'll keep working on the update, meanwhile trying to figure out what to do with that character until the point where said character should appear.
If I don't succeed by that time, I'll take two days from development to work with that character. And if after that I still unsatisfied I'll proceed with what I have and then correct it in future updates
I think we should stick to more frequent updates, even if it would mean smaller updates that wouldn't end there I want them to end and where it feels logical.
By smaller, I mean something like the last one, around 500-600 images or so. Let's call it SDM (size doesn't matter) concept to refer to it later.
The whole idea of SDM is to reach target number of renders and then end the updated in the closest place possible. That closest place possible wouldn't be the place where I wanted or planned to end it initially.
So the main concern with SDM is that it may feel that an update ends abruptly, somewhere in the middle of a story. I could and would try to pick something to make the ending feel less abrupt, but no miracles.
I know some people didn't like 0.4.5 update, the one before the Dhaka, because it was small and lack of any sense of closure.
I share your concern, I don't want it too. But I don't want the project getting derailed even more, and I think even with all those downsides, more regular updates, while could be damaging some story-flow integrity, will be beneficial for the project.
The next report on Friday 28th will be a paid post. Also there will be preview next week, before the paid post.
I like this approach.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

Hi,
To the next week
Longer updates are more enjoyable, but... he released 1 update in 2021 (0.4), 1 update in 2022 (0.4.5), and 1 update in 2023 (0.5), therefore more frequent updates are bloody welcome. So, hell yes, I'd rather have shorter updates.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how many images he still has to make to reach the target.

Reactions: caravaggio

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

Hi,
To the next week

I don't mind whether it's shorter updates with shorter dev times or longer updates with longer dev times. I just hope the dev gets out of the habit of ending each update with "The End". Every time there's an update, there's always a flood of (sometimes angry) complaints from people thinking the whole story ended abruptly without a proper conclusion. It just causes unnecessary confusion.

I feel that just with a simple change to "To be continued..." the word-of-mouth and the patron support for this VN would increase substantially.

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
I don't mind whether it's shorter updates with shorter dev times or longer updates with longer dev times. I just hope the dev gets out of the habit of ending each update with "The End". Every time there's an update, there's always a flood of (sometimes angry) complaints from people thinking the whole story ended abruptly without a proper conclusion. It just causes unnecessary confusion.

I feel that just with a simple change to "To be continued..." the word-of-mouth and the patron support for this VN would increase substantially.
Insert “he’s right you know” GIF

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
I do too. Though it’s unrealistic, I wish we could have both. I wasn’t truly serious in my prior post.
I hope it's as you say and at least it won't take so long this time. Some time ago he said that now he could focus more on the game. During the last updates he barely communicated with us, he took a long time to get an update and they were short for the time he required.
I hope the next one will be better, but lately I have a bad feeling about him. that if he doesn't have enough support he might leave the game soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I'm a between that, but time between updates shouldn't exceed 3 months. Everything over that I always start from beginning. I forget too much. And It should be that way, 25 days story, 25 days renders, 15 days post production and text, 5 days testing and 20 days trying to figure out how to make a convenient cliffhanger at the end of this part...

Reactions: ivan1oov

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hey there,
This week I was working on a character I told you before. I spend two days on that, in the end I am mostly happy with what I've got. It will need some tweaking in the process but nothing major.
After that I completed one more scene, I'm approximately 10% off target numbers this week. That's because I finished a scene earlier today. It was too late to start a new one, and I didn't have any gap to compensate in case of such event.
On a positive side, I've reached target number for the upcoming update. I have a little more scenes/images than in previous update now. Approximately 30% of them are rendered.
I picked a point where the update could be finished, and there are 2 small and 1 mid-sized scenes between now and that point.
Since we are ahead of rendering by a lot, I won't be rushing with those remaining scenes and will rather work on it with more steady pace. Though I tempted to push one more week to get 3 out of 3 months production output being above the target, will see how it plays out.
Due to slow rendering, I'm out of pictures I can show you in previews without spoiling too much. At the moment I only can guarantee you 2 previews (4 pictures) next month, if rendering gets faster I'll be able to give you a little more.
So in the end:
- Target is reached, now I'll be working on finishing remaining scenes and approaching end of production process, I'll let you know when I finish it;
- Rendering is prime concern right now.

Thank you for support.
See you.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hello,
Not a lot of news today.
Despite the previous report, in the end I decided to complete production first and everything else is later.
So this week I was working on that mid-sized scene I told you about, completed it recently and started working on the small one.
The week's target was reached. The monthly target was also reached.
There are two small scenes remaining. I'm working on one of them and expect to finish it in a few days. After that, there will be one more to create. It's really small, but it requires a particular mood to work with it.
I won't rush it (this time for sure) and will complete it somewhere in between while waiting for renders.
Rendering switched to another scene and became a bit faster, although there's still a long way to go.
And there will be a preview next week.
Thank you for your time. See you.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hello,
I was working on one of the two remaining scenes this week. I finished it and then spent the rest of the week remaking the light in one of the early scenes.
I was never happy with the light in that scene, but I never really had time to fix it. Now, after the remake, it looks much better, and since it wasn't rendered yet, I almost didn't waste any time doing it.
At this point, the production of the update has been completed. I congratulate you all and myself on it. Clap. Clap.
By production, I mean that I'm done with creating scenes; they're still to be rendered. Does it sound confusing?
The update happens to be closer to 700 images than 600. You'll meet three new major characters as well as get to know an old one better. That's it. No more spoilers.
Thanks to everyone for funding the development. There are a lot of ways to spend you money but you chose to support the game. Thank you, I hope that, in the end, you will feel that you spent your money well.

To the rendering
Not many news there. After a small scene that gave us some boost in renders the week before, right now there's a heavy one. It takes a considerable amount of time per image. I didn't look too close but right now it's a little above 30% completed. That's because I kept adding scenes up until this point.

I'll take a couple of days off and then work on the script. There are a lot of small corrections required.
The goal is to have it 95% ready. The remaining 5% is an ever-changing part that's never really ready until the game is built. I mean, if you can alter the script right until the very last moment, why wouldn't you do that?
There is an image of Elsa. It's in the same style as the one above the text. I can't find time to render it, but I promise it give it to you before the release.

Thank you for your support.
See you.

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes