VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

Mattee

Sep 5, 2017
Am I missing something? Why is this so highly rated? The story based in corporate setting is hard enough to make compelling by itself, so it's even more surprising that everything is told in a super dry manner. It's almost as fun as reading a newspaper.
MC is literally going psycho, talking to voices in his head, and the whole premise is based on some silly crush. Isn't he supposed to be like 30 or something? I don't know, maybe it's too early to judge, but I barely finished it.

Vechernyaya

Sep 12, 2018
My unofficial Android port of Corporate culture 0.3 Compressed with IAmAB 's Walkthrough Mod and Cheats, also gestures enabled.

Mega

From now on , All my ports will have 2nd Persistent Save storage location which means saves won't get deleted when you uninstall them. Select "Allow" permissions at the beginning of the game, to grant the permission to read and write save data on external storage.

2nd save storage location - android/data/RenPy

My ports now also contain textbox opacity slider and Text size sliders. Go to preferences to change them as per your wish.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Join my discord server for giving me feedback and for other ports.

Note: if it says Unknown developer or not safe/harm the device - click install anyways
It's sad to see that more and more android port consistently come with mods lately...

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
God, I love this so much, but I feel so conflicted about Elsa. I mean, I like her, and I do think the two of you are genuinely friends, but her perspective on human interaction is just so rrrgh! Like, sure, you need to be realistic about it to some degree, and her attitude makes all the sense in a capitalistic or political setting (like at a corporation), but the way she doesn't seem to turn it off ever is just so frustrating to me for some reason, and the way she MC started doing that shit too is just... I don't even know. Annoying? If he had at least slowly been eased into this attitude-shift by Elsa I would totally get it, but as is, it feels more like he is lashing out and Elsa is just supportive of it? I mean, sure, she'd probably say lashing out is fine, or even good, if you can do it productively... But man, I can't help but feel he is still being a man-child.

It's weird though, usually the [Corruption] tag doesn't phase me (not that this game has it). I mean, some people exploring their sexuality somehow being corrupt is such a weird perspective to take. But this? This shit Elsa is doing? Fuck, man. I realize that to Elsa it's at least partially about self-improvement (though I'm still not convinced she doesn't get a huge kick out of doing all this), but there's an undercurrent to all this that is just so fucking sinister. Definitely feels like corruption, even though Elsa would probably frame it as toughening up (and she wouldn't exactly be wrong).

That being said, I love it, this stuff is all really compelling. But it does bother me that pretty much everyone seems to be a terrible person in one way or another, and I would really like someone just being completely normal to sort of ease the tension a little between all the scheming.

... And no, I don't mean Zoe. I mentioned it last time too, but from the narrative's perspective Zoe is framed as too nice and it's only a matter of time before it bites her in the ass; you bet your ass Elsa's "she's sweet" comment was meant as ominous. Anyways, usually the role of tension-reliever is assigned to the best bro, but in this case he seems to view all women as pussies on legs, and seeing as women seem to be all he thinks about, that's more of a distraction than anything, whereas I'm saying I would like to see some moments that are completely neutral.

I'll even make an actual suggestion, if I may be so presumptuous. Introduce a new character: the janitor, or Rob from accounting, or whatever; doesn't really matter, don't even need to know his name, point is to have a recurring character in the break room to ease up some of the tension - something I really feel the flow of the story could really use, as even in your more wholesome moments with Elsa you quickly get right back to some rather diabolical lines of thinking. Hell, you could even spin this into a running gag: always use the same render with both of you sipping coffee, always have an interaction of only a few sentences on the most mundane stuff. Zero emotion, zero tension, zero politics, no Ego, no being wracked with self-doubt and obsession, none of that. Just two guys sitting down, telling one another 'good afternoon', and then barely talking over a cup of coffee. Imagine this moment with . Hell, better writers than I could probably even turn it into commentary of previous events and/or foreshadowing of future ones, if that floats your boat.

Right, I'm going to stop now, this is turning into mental masturbation.

Space Cat

May 9, 2020
Maybe I missed something, but did you guys feel the update was short?
I did! It felt very nice but too short. I mean, when I first played it, weeks ago, it had much more content in comparison. So I thought I'd get to see more. Sad, I wanted to see more of Elsa, Alice and Lucy (she was killing it with that red dress). I liked how the MC basically mocks some family games when

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
I did! It felt very nice but too short. I mean, when I first played it, weeks ago, it had much more content in comparison. So I thought I'd get to see more. Sad, I wanted to see more of Elsa, Alice and Lucy (she was killing it with that red dress). I liked how the MC basically mocks some family games when
the flashback was lengthy.

Reactions: Space Cat

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
God, I love this so much, but I feel so conflicted about Elsa. I mean, I like her, and I do think the two of you are genuinely friends, but her perspective on human interaction is just so rrrgh! Like, sure, you need to be realistic about it to some degree, and her attitude makes all the sense in a capitalistic or political setting (like at a corporation), but the way she doesn't seem to turn it off ever is just so frustrating to me for some reason, and the way she MC started doing that shit too is just... I don't even know. Annoying? If he had at least slowly been eased into this attitude-shift by Elsa I would totally get it, but as is, it feels more like he is lashing out and Elsa is just supportive of it? I mean, sure, she'd probably say lashing out is fine, or even good, if you can do it productively... But man, I can't help but feel he is still being a man-child.

It's weird though, usually the [Corruption] tag doesn't phase me (not that this game has it). I mean, some people exploring their sexuality somehow being corrupt is such a weird perspective to take. But this? This shit Elsa is doing? Fuck, man. I realize that to Elsa it's at least partially about self-improvement (though I'm still not convinced she doesn't get a huge kick out of doing all this), but there's an undercurrent to all this that is just so fucking sinister. Definitely feels like corruption, even though Elsa would probably frame it as toughening up (and she wouldn't exactly be wrong).

That being said, I love it, this stuff is all really compelling. But it does bother me that pretty much everyone seems to be a terrible person in one way or another, and I would really like someone just being completely normal to sort of ease the tension a little between all the scheming.

... And no, I don't mean Zoe. I mentioned it last time too, but from the narrative's perspective Zoe is framed as too nice and it's only a matter of time before it bites her in the ass; you bet your ass Elsa's "she's sweet" comment was meant as ominous. Anyways, usually the role of tension-reliever is assigned to the best bro, but in this case he seems to view all women as pussies on legs, and seeing as women seem to be all he thinks about, that's more of a distraction than anything, whereas I'm saying I would like to see some moments that are completely neutral.

I'll even make an actual suggestion, if I may be so presumptuous. Introduce a new character: the janitor, or Rob from accounting, or whatever; doesn't really matter, don't even need to know his name, point is to have a recurring character in the break room to ease up some of the tension - something I really feel the flow of the story could really use, as even in your more wholesome moments with Elsa you quickly get right back to some rather diabolical lines of thinking. Hell, you could even spin this into a running gag: always use the same render with both of you sipping coffee, always have an interaction of only a few sentences on the most mundane stuff. Zero emotion, zero tension, zero politics, no Ego, no being wracked with self-doubt and obsession, none of that. Just two guys sitting down, telling one another 'good afternoon', and then barely talking over a cup of coffee. Imagine this moment with . Hell, better writers than I could probably even turn it into commentary of previous events and/or foreshadowing of future ones, if that floats your boat.

I don't think there needs to be a tension release character, but maybe that's just me. I feel the humor injected sporadically like when he's mentally singing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" are all of the tension release that's needed.

Reactions: Space Cat

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The interactions are the norm of competing colegues eying the top spot.
Elsa is the new shiny toy for peeps upstairs. She has to compensate 4 your constant drive to improve.
So she has her philosophy of taking your edge away from you and not be the underdog.
Remember she is new, like months new, you are years into this, but she somehow smug to be your equal.
That is the human perspective of this - she is aware you could steal her edge that beauty gives her.
She will not have it. She is constantly putting you down to keep you in check.
She tells you point blank you are her slave 4 doing everything she says.

So yeah, you need to fight with this monster of inferiority complex she has towards you,
the same complex that compells her, coupled with the steal from someone else your gain,
to treat you like dirt and keep pummeling the insults, keeping you under her heel.

I don't think there needs to be a tension release character, but maybe that's just me. I feel the humor injected sporadically like when he's mentally singing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" are all of the tension release that's needed.

About the tension release ... that is your neighbor, she eases up your tensions that Elsa keeps piling up on you.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Well, I don't think so. There are a few hints that tells you that she comes from a very healthy and important family and that she's acquainted with Alice's family. Elsa had something on her mind since the very beginning.

So, genuinely? I don't think so. Just think about how she reacted when he touched her. Think about how she reacted when her boss touched her: poor Ed is taking for granted that she's got a boyfriend (she's beautiful, she's so classy and smart...), but I bet she doesn't. I daresay she's an iron lady, maybe a lesbian.

Anyway, I think she's a very intriguing character and I really like her.

Reactions: StJesuz

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Bet you she did .. the same drive to pick on the lower servants for help your boss has - you are the help.
For her entitled, beautiful, twist your head and bleed you dry demeanor, you are told by her you are her slave.
You talk extensively when getting out of jail and when sitting 4 coffee - she is nothing but entitled.
And about the clothes ... what she cannot get by wits alone, she buys - your servitude.
Remember, she is your junior, yet she is highr up by looks alone, so she does what your boss does to you to get ahead.
Well, I don't think so. There are a few hints that tells you that she comes from a very healthy and important family and that she's acquainted with Alice's family. Elsa had something on her mind since the very beginning.

So, genuinely? I don't think so. Just think about how she reacted when he touched her. Think about how she reacted when her boss touched her: poor Ed is taking for granted that she's got a boyfriend (she's beautiful, she's so classy and smart...), but I bet she doesn't. I daresay she's an iron lady, maybe a lesbian.

Anyway, I think she's a very intriguing character and I really like her.
In her mind, she twists men”s heads so she thinks men will do the same to her.
She tells you point blank you are a nobody who is beneath her friends and beneath her,
right after you did her the huge favor in the middle of the night to bail her outta prison and be a slave,
You could have had her then and there, you useless tool, if only you had been on par with her asshole friends
who mean more to her than you, the idiot who keeps his mouth shut on something that would get her fired on the spot.
Not to metion disowned by her uptight high society family.

You do not, like a useless tool, so yeah, you are under her heel.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
The interactions are the norm of competing colegues eying the top spot.
Elsa is the new shiny toy for peeps upstairs. She has to compensate 4 your constant drive to improve.
So she has her philosophy of taking your edge away from you and not be the underdog.
Remember she is new, like months new, you are years into this, but she somehow smug to be your equal.
That is the human perspective of this - she is aware you could steal her edge that beauty gives her.
She will not have it. She is constantly putting you down to keep you in check.
I think you didn't realize that Elsa's working in a totally different corporate division that has nothing to do with Ed's.

Zoe is Ed's colleague. Fleur and Elsa aren't. That's why Elsa's asking him about Zoe and Fleur.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yet they team up, peeps working on your level come to get her drunk and rape her,
at which point you man up and save her.
But you get no points 4 that, because you are, as you said, the help, the slave, the worm from below.
That is ony in your head and MCs head. SAme company, same boss, same prospects.
If only MC was Will Smith in pursuit of happiness and had goten straight to the owner with his innovation.
He is so beta, so embarasingly down on his self esteem that he gives up his diamond for nothing.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Remember, she is your junior, yet she is highr up by looks alone, so she does what your boss does to you to get ahead.
She's not your junior.

The game is not set in a Japanese Zaibatsu. This is a Western environment: the fastest you realize it the fastest you'll understand what's happening.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Stop blabbering about corruption, children. This is not a fucking hentai. This is not a fucking honey select shit.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Stop blabbering about corruption, children. This is not a fucking hentai. This is not a fucking honey select shit.
Well, we don't know what this is because the dev doesn't want to say much about kinks, but so far you can turn Lucy into your play thing, so there is that.

Update feels short althought the writing is really good. I think faster updates would be better to get more attention/patrons.

Reactions: Esp``

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I love elsa. I hope eventually you will get the option to break her , removing her high horse and bringing her down to size. This will probably happen with the MC meteroic rise in the company.

Reactions: Cernunnos.
4.30 star(s) 151 Votes