VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 152 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
A game where every other character is OP ... steps on MC, uses MC, then proceeds to make fun of him.
No wonder gamers simp for the other characters while wanting to murder the MC.
Now .. such a start is used and abused in many movies, but Wanted has a real character progression.

Here tho, Mc is not progressing at all ... his work gets stolen, his coworkers use his work for personal gain,
he does not copywrite or use his work to invest and amount to something, all the other OP characters are.
Not him tho.

MC does not up his work place game .. gets work stolen.
MC does not up his social game, only manages to become FWB with his neighbor.
Here is the thing tho, she lives there, was there before, will be there in the future.
MC just finds out he could actually interact with his neighbor, what a tremendous achievement.

That is all MC manages to achieve in this game: meet the neighbor and they visit one another.

Plot is stolen by the other characters, no wonder gamers keep waiting on those to adventure,
having utterly given up on MC.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
A game where every other character is OP ... steps on MC, uses MC, then proceeds to make fun of him.
Now .. such a start is used and abused in many movies, but Wanted has a real character progression.

Here tho, Mc is not progressing at all ... his work gets stolen, his coworkers use his work for personal gain,
he does not copywrite or use his work to invest and amount to something, all the other OP characters are.
Not him tho.

Here is the thing tho, she lives there, was there before, will be there in the future.
MC just finds out he could actually interact with his neighbor, what a tremendous achievement.

That is all MC manages to achieve in this game: meet the neighbor and they visit one another.

Plot is stolen by the other characters, no wonder gamers keep waiting on those to adventure,
And THIS, is what happens when someone plays one too many power fantasy games were the MC is OP and effortlessly builds a harem of waifus.

Honestly, if you can't see any progress on the MC since the beginning of the game Im afraid that's a you problem because that's definitely not the case, do you think anybody would care to steal his work in the beginning of the game? of course not...he was in a pretty dark spot and wasting his life away doing the bare minimum not to get fired. The fact his job got stolen shows his boss recognized his value and wants to use him to climb the corporate ladder herself, he moved from irrelevant lazy employee to someone who has value and is worth paying attention to. And of course he didn't copywrite his work, because he never though someone would try to steal his work, doesn't have a shark mentality, he is just a regular man who is working his ass off just to impress the girl he likes, he is innocent, naive, he doesn't know how backstabby and competitive the corporate world is, and of course he is going to make mistakes and people will take advantage of him, but those will be lessons he wont forget any time soon, he is entering a new world, a more competitive and ruthless world, he is going to make mistakes and learn from them, and eventually he will climb to the top. This is real character development.

Jushak

Mar 22, 2019

Not him tho.

Couldn't disagree more with you.

I almost quit the game after first 15 minutes because the MC was fucking unbearable. I decided to go on for a little bit and the story thankfully started picking up reasonably soon.

To say the MC doesn't have character progression is... There are no words to describe how far from the truth this is. Like, did you miss 70-90% of the story here or what?

It is also quite telling that even after Elsa literally has several dedicated lines to tell you how fucking stupid idea it would be to throw a tantrum over Emma stealing your work yet you still somehow failed to comprehend how incredibly stupid it would be. The MC literally has zero ways to prove she stole his work and she can get him fired with about the same effort as it taker her to crush an ant.

The story is interesting to me because the MC doesn't just asspull some bullshit for instant gratification there. I like my share of braindead power fantasies, but at least I aknowledge that I'm just reading trash there. Instead the MC here is building a house of cards and taking shortcuts towards his goal.

The other women in the story, while possibly more interesting for the player, are part of the road. If the MC suddenly decided to choose one of them over Alice, there wouldn't really be much of a game here, now would there? Granted, you could always have "early endings" where the MC just abandons his ambitions and chooses one of the "stepping stones" along the way.

It is pretty clear Elsa is using the MC for her own ends, but it's not like the MC doesn't know it. There are several lines along the story where he implies he is aware of it, while also saying aknowleding it (or rather, refusing to cooperate) would be worse for his own ambitions. I wouldn't be too surprised if the game (assuming it ever gets finished, of course) ends up having a choice towards the end where the MC realizes he has grown to love Elsa instead.

The story is interesting to me because it is about the MC taking steps to turn himself into someone who can fulfill his ambitions. Not a good person clearly, but someone who he imagines (or who Elsa makes him think) can accomplish his end goal. It's one of those stories where the road is much more meaningful and eventful than the final goal. I would also say much more interesting. Typical wish-fulfillment stuff would just detract from the story.

Since Alice is the end goal, we haven't seen that much of her so far outside being the MCs obsession. Then again, I feel that in the grand scheme of things she doesn't really matter that much yet - as I said, I find the road much more interesting than the goal here. I fully expect there to be more character building along the way. Whether or not she'll end up being worthy of the MCs obsession remains to be seen.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Yeah... Alice is a bit of a let down. I suspect that by the time it all ends, the MC will realise that he's outgrown Alice and doesn't really need her as much as he thought he did.

Reactions: koplak1d

Warzoo

Jun 10, 2017
And THIS, is what happens when someone plays one too many power fantasy games were the MC is OP and effortlessly builds a harem of waifus.

Honestly, if you can't see any progress on the MC since the beginning of the game Im afraid that's a you problem because that's definitely not the case, do you think anybody would care to steal his work in the beginning of the game? of course not...he was in a pretty dark spot and wasting his life away doing the bare minimum not to get fired. The fact his job got stolen shows his boss recognized his value and wants to use him to climb the corporate ladder herself, he moved from irrelevant lazy employee to someone who has value and is worth paying attention to. And of course he didn't copywrite his work, because he never though someone would try to steal his work, doesn't have a shark mentality, he is just a regular man who is working his ass off just to impress the girl he likes, he is innocent, naive, he doesn't know how backstabby and competitive the corporate world is, and of course he is going to make mistakes and people will take advantage of him, but those will be lessons he wont forget any time soon, he is entering a new world, a more competitive and ruthless world, he is going to make mistakes and learn from them, and eventually he will climb to the top. This is real character development.
Thank you !
100% ok with that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kionashi

Darkz0r

Aug 8, 2020
Exciting game, and damn have I played some VNs.
I see a satisfying end game having Elsa and Alice in a three-way, taking over the company or some other exciting business goal.

I've been working in big pharma most of my life, this game made me want to write a VN with all the cool stuff that happens in this niche. Would be a very expansive corp setting with all that goes on!

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Played the update, I liked the chemistry developing between them, mc and Elsa. Hopefully in next few updates we could get to have some intimacy with her. Alice, mc's dream girl, I'm sensing that she might be easiest of them to crack between her & Elsa.
Also i noticed that point system are bit stereotypical and non flexible. Same person can be loving yet chad or could become one without behaving like an asshole while interacting with others.

Den187

Jun 27, 2017
My pleasure. I finally found the time to get back to her. Here are a couple more poses.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I like all renders, but that one where she sitting on chair is my favorite by combination all details. It looks like beautiful picture from art gallery.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 6pak2go
4.30 star(s) 152 Votes