VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
I noticed weird "bug" in new update.
That scene from older updates where the MC enters a fight together with his friend Tommy against 2 dudes. The song that played during bar scene is missing in new update.
Probably not a bug. Many devs have had to remove songs because of changes to "terms of service" in the licenses against adult material.

Reactions: DrDerpington

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Probably not a bug. Many devs have had to remove songs because of changes to "terms of service" in the licenses against adult material.
Dev didn't talk about it though
I checked it and it looks it is script incompatibility.
When I loaded the game from older save it didnt play the song. But new game will load the song correctly.
There are probably more things that are broken when you load older saves in new version.

Reactions: 6pak2go

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I checked it and it looks it is script incompatibility.
When I loaded the game from older save it didnt play the song. But new game will load the song correctly.
There are probably more things that are broken when you load older saves in new version.
I replayed from the start and it played the song.

Honestly, the story's so good and it's been almost a year since 0.45, therefore I can't understand why people shouldn't replay the whole game from scratch.

I recommend everybody to replay it from the beginning.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Because there is all the heartache, the girls dissing MC, his roomie stealing his GF,
then when things are suppposed to look up, MC studying all the self improvement books,
we get the Elsa shit talk about how he is a nobody, he never asks and never gets anything for his efforts,
he is the idiot incel who cannot get a girl to save his live while she has him under her stilettos.
Then we get the bar fight where we see MC and his friend are knuckleheads in the dating scene.
I can't understand why people shouldn't replay the whole game from scratch
Basically a nothing burger that sweeps all the character development outta this game.
MC is hella competent in his job, runs circles around Elsa and a lot of anyone else,
but socially and with any and all girls, really, he is a nobody again.

Shovonahmed

Oct 30, 2020
there is some problem with file saving when ever trying to save file error happens
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 383, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4258, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1175, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1175, in event
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 743, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1399, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1399, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1073, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1008, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "G:\New folder (2)\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\CorporateCulture-0.5_Dhaka-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 329, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 383, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC made it. Elsa made it also. They worked together to make somethings of themselves, they succeeded.
it just ended
game ends here
MC is now Alpha - battling other alphas for females in bars, having a GF at home,
being a top professional and dragging the newbie Elsa up there with him.
What did you think the scope of this game was, really?

Reactions: Kassandara

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC and Elsa have to constantly ping pong till they get a stable connection because they are a team,
there is no eye in team, there is foresight, there is building, there is spirit.
MC can have a work buddy with whom he can share his successes in Elsa and a GF at home in Lucy.
Remember, Elsa is justa piece of ass for everyone at the office,
anyone knew she was the daughter of the CEO from THE rival business, she”d get XXX”d in a heart beat.

All the problems get solved this way in this update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acardia02

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
MC and Elsa have to constantly ping pong till they get a stable connection because they are a team,
there is no eye in team, there is foresight, there is building, there is spirit.
MC can have a work buddy with whom he can share his successes in Elsa and a GF at home in Lucy.
Remember, Elsa is justa piece of ass for everyone at the office,
anyone knew she was the daughter of the CEO from THE rival business, she”d get XXX”d in a heart beat.

All the problems get solved this way in this update.

The story hasn't developed much yet, but I think the ending might be different from what you expect. In german we have a saying: "was sich neckt, das liebt sich". It's the same entanglement that has driven entire hollywood films like "The Shop Around the Corner". I thought it was clear at the latest when Elsa fixes the MC's hair. It will be interesting to see if and how the characters will develop. The story has a lot of potential. For Lucy as a GF at home, a lot of things would have to happen, which would also influence her character.

Reactions: norm7777

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The story hasn't developed much yet, but I think the ending might be different from what you expect. In german we have a saying: "was sich neckt, das liebt sich". It's the same entanglement that has driven entire hollywood films like "The Shop Around the Corner". I thought it was clear at the latest when Elsa fixes the MC's hair. It will be interesting to see if and how the characters will develop. The story has a lot of potential. For Lucy as a GF at home, a lot of things would have to happen, which would also influence her character.
Honestly, I think everybody expect this. :sneaky:

(p.s.: who cares about Lucy)

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes