VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.7] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 160 Votes

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
There better be a payoff to Edwards progression(regression?) because in earlier chapters I wanted to punch his face in, but with this I think I need a wrecking ball to achieve satisfaction.

The biggest mystery of this series is why Elsa still gives him the time of the day.
She is a mephistopheles to Ed/faust, a project,
You can love your pet, make them loyal.
Or maybe a
neurodivergent chick that masks her quirks and found amusing being Ed devil advocate .

You can theorycraft, but this is the real secret from C.C .

I just hope that not turn into fight club.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
  1. Leaking this so quickly is a dick move. SQWL is not a big dev, and posting this instead of giving it another week when he's planning a public release takes money out of his pocket. That's too bad because if nothing else:
  2. This VN is different. I don't mean that in a positive or a negative way, just that I enjoy the game because I don't feel like there's another VN out there like it. When so many of the new VNs are cookie cutters of the same story reskinned and slightly redialoged, it's nice to have something else.
  3. This release felt really short and like the ball didn't move that much since the prior release. That's disappointing.
  4. Edward is not very likeable, but he may be relatable. Many people discover they don't like who they are and where they're going at some point in their life. It could be at 18 or it could be at 30. I can tell you from experience though, it's tough to make that change, and the progress out of being a loser isn't a straight line. There's a lot of hard lessons and regressions before you make yourself better, if you succeed at all. Edward is going to continue tantruming occasionally, even if he's being given step by step instructions from a variety of sources on how to be something better.
  5. Regarding the lack of sex scenes, I think there's an interesting parallel to the story here. If you want sex, you can just focus your attention on Lucy. She's clearly not a great person for a variety of reasons (cheating on her bf, gold digging, reading Ed's texts, trying to insert herself in his work life, trying to get him to knock her up and trap him, etc). Just like Edward, you can get sex quickly if that's what you want. Or you can delay that quick shot of gratification and experience something else. Does deferring immediate pleasure lead to better rewards? Who knows, but like Edward, you're gonna have to walk down that road to find out.

Even though games are leaking, they are taking a while to appear in the updates section, which means that few people are aware of the leak.

Most users tend to stop following the main thread and only monitor the updates tab on the site. This is evident, as many comment on the games only when they show up in that section.

This is one of the factors that currently make F95 a less effective channel for promotion, due to the large number of games released and updated daily, causing new titles to remain on the front page for only a short time.

Reactions: Hungover00

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Even though games are leaking, they are taking a while to appear in the updates section, which means that few people are aware of the leak.

Most users tend to stop following the main thread and only monitor the updates tab on the site. This is evident, as many comment on the games only when they show up in that section.

This is one of the factors that currently make F95 a less effective channel for promotion, due to the large number of games released and updated daily, causing new titles to remain on the front page for only a short time.
That's why making regular updates helps promotion. If you take 1 year to make an update, you better have a good supporter base if you want to make good money. Or it's just a hobby and money helps mitigate cost of buying assets and hardware. But most hobbies cost money without making any

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
That's why making regular updates helps promotion. If you take 1 year to make an update, you better have a good supporter base if you want to make good money. Or it's just a hobby and money helps mitigate cost of buying assets and hardware. But most hobbies cost money without making any
I would also prefer small but frequent updates. After all, a player can decide on their own whether to save the updates until there are enough content for a hour of continous play, or to swallow them in small portions as they are released.

I think developers don't like this approach because it requires much more careful planning of each small episode and a more complex story composition so that the small episode doesn't feel like a piece of story torn out of context with no beginning or end. Many fail at this, and these small updates are almost impossible to play on their own, as the flow and coherence of the story is lost.

Add to this a lot of complaints like "is that all?", "I wish they had developed it longer and released a proper update". In several games I've followed, when developers asked supporters which updates they liked better, they usually chose longer development times but larger content sizes.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I love this VN, but 4 years of development and it feels like we're not nearly halfway through the story.

I'm aware that it takes time and I'm not prescribing the dev' does any compromise to the story and how he tells it...

I'm just scarred that I'll have grey hair and then no hair before seeing the conclusion :Kappa:

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
it seems that iamab is busy with his own game can one of the other mod makers please make one for this update? thanks a bunch

caravaggio

May 8, 2017
This game is great, the story it's one of the most interesting, and especially the dialogues are wel written, giving life to memorable characters which is very rare, only Matt and Vicky are caricature, but at least Vicky has some good traits. But the pace has slowed down to a crawl, this entire "new team" arc is being stretched outside of its usefulness.. we've already seen all we need to know about them more than once, we were more than ready to see the next step of "now you found a way to make them shine" or "you almost fixed it but now you get backstabbed" or whatever the author has planned. Sex scene was ok but we need to step up.. Elsa :love:

Tony_Soprano

Feb 1, 2022
Need go go through this game from start since save aint working...oh well, let it be

Guys, anyone knows if mod 0.6 will work just fine on 0.7 supporting hints till new update content or it will brake the game?

Jan 26, 2024
She is a mephistopheles to Ed/faust, a project,
You can love your pet, make them loyal.
Or maybe a
neurodivergent chick that masks her quirks and found amusing being Ed devil advocate .

You can theorycraft, but this is the real secret from C.C .

I just hope that not turn into fight club.

I am sure Eliza already interacted with the other girl (The Cece clone than I forgot the name)

• Angry
Reactions: MaxRichard
4.30 star(s) 160 Votes