VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.7] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 160 Votes

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Honest question. Do people like Matt actually exist? Chauvinistic office bros certainly exist, but one that is borderline retarded? How the fuck did he get hired lol. And how is he not shitcanned immediately?

I just think his character woulda been more believable if he at least had basic competence at his job but was hamstrung by his sleazy nature. Vicky is also suffering from a case of mentally challenged person that the game doesn't acknowledge as being mentally challenged. But at least her job is a secretary and an air-headed blonde could possibly land that job.

Most characters are very believable, interesting, and have layers. Matt just stands out as a complete caricature in an otherwise grounded story.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Elsa is explaining everything in great detail in this game if you read and process her life story:
Nepo baby who decided to live off her family trust fund she gained control over at maturity, instead of working on herself or starting a business with the huge money bag. The fact that she decides to work entry level jobs at competing corporations to that of her parents and outright tells MC she sucks dick unceremoniously and as a habbit to get whatever she wants out of male management - it shows you that women in the company she works at - MC works there also - like the premise of blowjobs for bonuses or bennefits, while wallowing in their places with no intention to go anywhere.
How the fuck did he get hired lol. And how is he not shitcanned immediately?
Vicky is also suffering from a case of mentally challenged person that the game doesn't acknowledge as being mentally challenged. But at least her job is a secretary and an air-headed blonde could possibly land that job.
In such a firm, where bros know they are sleazy and they like it and women wallow in their power fantasy of getting out of any trouble by blowjobs - where do you think your own morals fit with this corpo culture?

DEI hires are destroying the game making corporation - Ubisoft turned all female by 2023 in some branches and any criticism is a cancel culture offense that would get you fired on the spot in these corpos.

The DEI hiring culture is also looney: The guy who is supposed to do the hiring trains 10 to 20 oddballs with no experience - because he literally gives them the training as part of the hiring process - to then run tests on them and sellect one to hire - who is absolutely a newbie, because they just learnt the skill a month ago in the training.

With such little standards from the management on all the levels,highly deviant behaviors can thrive, utterly unsupervised, because any criticism might get you in serious trouble.
- DEI pushes inclusion with no relation to competence or experience or even any training whatsoever - this is how employees or managers thrive these days by simply coasting the DEI positive representation waves while doing disastrous work.

MC joined the jerk squad by literaLLY LEAVING THE ONLY HAIL MARY sweetheart who was even looking in his direction for running after Elsa - basically becoming the sleazy incel idiot with no brains going for the young hapless intern who, in turn, plays him like a fiddle, because she does not need any job or any man - she just enjoys pushing their buttons and using blowjobs to get out of every trouble.

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Honest question. Do people like Matt actually exist? Chauvinistic office bros certainly exist, but one that is borderline retarded? How the fuck did he get hired lol. And how is he not shitcanned immediately?

I just think his character woulda been more believable if he at least had basic competence at his job but was hamstrung by his sleazy nature. Vicky is also suffering from a case of mentally challenged person that the game doesn't acknowledge as being mentally challenged. But at least her job is a secretary and an air-headed blonde could possibly land that job.

Most characters are very believable, interesting, and have layers. Matt just stands out as a complete caricature in an otherwise grounded story.
I don't think Vicky is stupid.

She's a secretary. I think she 1) is very capable of doing her job; 2) she's aware of her place and she's aware of the fact that she needs to help/be kind with every manager (she's NOT the CEO/president's secretary!) 3) she honestly is a nice person; 4) they hired her because she is nice.

caravaggio

May 8, 2017

Totally agree

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Yep. When the next lunatic "I'm gonna throw away my furniture" episode happens. The dude needs a therapist.
when he gets rid of the table and burns it you mean? 'cause he does throw away a card, but it's not the number...

screenshot0001.png

Can't really find anything else, but maybe I just missed it... but either way, it doesn't really matter, if the dev wants it to happen, they can just meet again randomly or whatever... and I hope she comes back for at least a good fucking =P

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
This game is great, the story it's one of the most interesting, and especially the dialogues are wel written, giving life to memorable characters which is very rare, only Matt and Vicky are caricature, but at least Vicky has some good traits. But the pace has slowed down to a crawl, this entire "new team" arc is being stretched outside of its usefulness.. we've already seen all we need to know about them more than once, we were more than ready to see the next step of "now you found a way to make them shine" or "you almost fixed it but now you get backstabbed" or whatever the author has planned. Sex scene was ok but we need to step up.. Elsa :love:
Forgot to reply to this... I somewhat agree on some of that, but like, the game IS called "Corporate Culture", and the whole "new team" arc literally has to do with corporate culture... so it's kinda silly to blame the game for doing what it says on the can :p

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
when he gets rid of the table and burns it you mean? 'cause he does throw away a card, but it's not the number...

View attachment 4124641

Can't really find anything else, but maybe I just missed it... but either way, it doesn't really matter, if the dev wants it to happen, they can just meet again randomly or whatever... and I hope she comes back for at least a good fucking =P
Yeah, you missed it. He sees the note with her number on the floor, then he picks it up and throws it away.

No, man, she won't come back: the story is definitely going somewhere else and it doesn't need pointless diversions since the story is moving forward at snail's pace. I'd be surprised if we see Edward's friend ever again as well.

Again, the story is moving forward at snail's pace and it doesn't need pointless diversions.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I don't think Vicky is stupid.

She's a secretary. I think she 1) is very capable of doing her job; 2) she's aware of her place and she's aware of the fact that she needs to help/be kind with every manager (she's NOT the CEO/president's secretary!) 3) she honestly is a nice person; 4) they hired her because she is nice.
She behaves like an innocent child, yes? She is definitely a nice person. She is kind and caring. And I assume she is at least capable in the capacity of a secretary. But her utter naivete, innocence, and general lack of worldly knowledge might suggest some developmental delays. It does kind of lean heavily into blonde airhead caricature kind of heavily, although in a non-vapid way. But honestly, even Vicky comes off as having more braincells than Matt.

KiRA (Nahid)

Jun 4, 2018
Need go go through this game from start since save aint working...oh well, let it be

Guys, anyone knows if mod 0.6 will work just fine on 0.7 supporting hints till new update content or it will brake the game?
Need go go through this game from start since save aint working...oh well, let it be

Guys, anyone knows if mod 0.6 will work just fine on 0.7 supporting hints till new update content or it will brake the game?
Thanks, man. I was pretty bumped because of the save.

jufot

May 15, 2021
In 0.6 I had the feeling that Charles is working for Emma and on Emma's behalf in order to tank Edward's project. I think Ed is aware of it but he simply doesn't know how to respond accordingly.
That could very well be, but I still think it's more likely that Charles wants to screw over Emma as well. He mentions calling Emma "Ladybug" and getting rebuffed. He seemed a bit pissed off about that, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Just started playing and to be honest if I can't read what's written because you're using white lettering on light backgrounds I probably won't be staying much long, this game definitely needs a chat box.

4.30 star(s) 160 Votes