MessyDress59

Apr 7, 2018
Hi, just wanna confirm with the dev:

Is Sluttiness something that can be increased just by repeating the "Let's be naughty" actions?

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I still Havent tried all the cards yet just annie cus i wonted to see if i could buy the farm going to check all cards 1 by 1 and let you know if error comes up again heres hopeing
Ok just checked all unlocked cards found 4 that i had to use Roleback on before game crash they are as follows Jessica Kana Lily and Pixie if i click on any of those i get script error as before if i try and press ignore game crashes to desktop if i use roleback i can continue to play.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
~350 of these kind of sex games installed so hard to remember if I overwrote or created new and copied old saves in the new
when I get these error I know I often try to do what you said, new folder, and move saves, bt cant be sure and might be easier just to wait for next update and play any of the other games until then

I very rarely use the dev console, I do sometimes use the renpy savegame editor to skip grind, dont know if Ive done it, I might have, I dont remember
I can upload a save so maybe you can tell?
btw why would it crash? why would it not just show the altered numbers if that was the case?

edit::
my PC only been running 24/7 for 20 days, so will be maybe 2-3 weeks before I do a reboot
I would do a reboot at least 1 time every 2 days without a reboot pc memory will drop and will not return till a reboot i know that for a fact

ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
Ok just checked all unlocked cards found 4 that i had to use Roleback on before game crash they are as follows Jessica Kana Lily and Pixie if i click on any of those i get script error as before if i try and press ignore game crashes to desktop if i use roleback i can continue to play.
Bleh... then I have no idea. List index error means that one of their stats is outside of the array range and there's absolutely no way I know of that that can happen without the game or the save file being edited! It's a conundrum!

If you send me the save file I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out what's wrong :)

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
Okay, I took a look at your save file and it's definitely been edited - Jessica's "Love" stat is set to 100, for example (maximum is 5), and there's at least a few other modifications too, so that's what's causing the crashing (the reason for the crash is that the girls' stats are used to call specific fields in certain arrays, so if the stat value is too high you get the index error).

Unfortunately there's not really much you can do at this point apart from starting again... I tried to set all the variables in your savegame to their proper states so I could send it back to you, but you're so far into the game that I can't be certain what each girl's stats are supposed to be for you at this point and I'm not 100% sure how many variables have been edited. Trying to clean up and continue from this point will likely result in broken quests, glitchy storylines, and events happening out of order.

So... sorry! Wish I could be of more help, but unfortunately a new start is the only way to be sure you won't get any future errors.

If you want to edit the game in the future, then "bag_cash" to change your money is safe, but that's about it. Fortunately, earning money is the only thing that can be considered "grindy" in CK so you shouldn't need to edit anything else to speed up the game :)
lol, no need to apologize, if something was done to the save it is I who fucked up not you :p
but thx for trying
will see if I have the patience to restart again another time :p
edit:: there is really no personal choices ? I mean game can only go in one direction so a random save from anyone would work to continue from as well ?
then again I think I remember a choice to fuck the guard or not, hmmm :?
I would do a reboot at least 1 time every 2 days without a reboot pc memory will drop and will not return till a reboot i know that for a fact
never had a problem with memory, win 10 pro, 32k ram and 8 harddrives, I reboot if I install something that need it or if im going away, other than that it runs perfect 24/7
have another with 64k ram, but connected to worse monitor and bad graphic card so use this one instead.
maybe im just from the old school days :p they use to say a pc is better to run 24/7 than turn on and off every day, I guess that saying is something that stuck with me :eek:

ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
lol, no need to apologize, if something was done to the save it is I who fucked up not you :p
but thx for trying
will see if I have the patience to restart again another time :p
edit:: there is really no personal choices ? I mean game can only go in one direction so a random save from anyone would work to continue from as well ?
then again I think I remember a choice to fuck the guard or not, hmmm :?
There are choices you can make in the game that affect dialogue, character motivations, and the end of certain questlines (Justice/Revenge, Like/Dislike Pixie, Rude/Polite to Luna, etc.). If you don't care about that sort of thing then yes - anyone's save file will work fine. Or you can perhaps find someone who made the same choices you did and get their save file :)

Reactions: Belnick

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
should implement then if x > length(scenes) then scenes[-1] meaning you take the last one. better than throwing this error. of course if the previous scenes havent been seen...

ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
should implement then if x > length(scenes) then scenes[-1] meaning you take the last one. better than throwing this error. of course if the previous scenes havent been seen...
The way the system calls the fields means that would require a lot of extra lines of code... and, as you mention, it would still result in skipped scenes and broken questlines... and the error should only occur if people have been cheating, anyway. Adding code to account for people purposefully breaking the game is a slippery slope that I'm really not willing to start sliding down ;)

Reactions: DorcasAurelia
Oct 27, 2018
Just wanted to pop by and say this game is fantastic so far. Judging by other comments here, I have a ways to go to reach the end of the current content, but already I love it. It's a, in my opinion, better version of Long Live the Princess, which is another fav of mine. Great job to the dev and I think I'll start giving money to your patreon because of how much I'm enjoying it so far.

• Love
Reactions: ArcGames

ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
Just a quick FYI to let everyone know that the v0.2.4 update just went live for and Changelog is at the top of the Patreon page.

In this update Jessica's storyline continues to move along (I'm trying to push it through quickly to the point where players can buy the Manor!), we uncover more of the mystery behind Emma, and our Council Member Poll winner gets a new scene (Asteria! Who knew?)

As always, getting the Patron update out on time means the public release will happen first thing Wednesday morning :)

Freakme790

Jul 30, 2018
hey Dev could you please tell me the music in the start menu ive fallen in love with it and would like to listen to it more often and your game is amazing, i also wanna know if will u be adding voices to the characters in the future.

Reactions: ArcGames

ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
hey Dev could you please tell me the music in the start menu ive fallen in love with it and would like to listen to it more often and your game is amazing, i also wanna know if will u be adding voices to the characters in the future.
I see TheBlueKnight already linked the song (thank you!), but to answer your question about adding voices: I don't have any plans to do so currently, but I haven't ruled it out if we hit enough goals on Patreon.

The reason is, it would be a huge undertaking (advertising, auditioning, contracts, having to record new lines for updates, downloading and organising all the voice files, sound-balancing, etc. If I do it, I would want it done to a professional standard.) so it's not something that could feasibly be done by myself.

And thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying the game :)

4.40 star(s) 232 Votes