Mar 5, 2021
Oh, I didn't realize shattering was changed (I never actually used it)
... so what does shatter do now?
It does exactly the same thing, they are the same scenes but with a few different dialogues, it seems that in the recent updates they are differentiating it A LITTLE, but I already have 0 expectations about that

Reactions: vilewe7570

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I asked the question bro. When you asked the girls out they will ask you to bring thier kid.
Ah, I see. Sorry about that. I think I must have asked them out before they had a kid and then never bothered to ask them out again, not realising that anything would be different.

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
Honestly I don't hate ACT3, I'm just disappointed by it. It kinda half assed the change, it was different enough that die hard fans of ACT 1 and 2 hated it but it didn't go far enough for people to really get into it. If it kept the same style as ACT 1 and 2 but had a kind of war themed story going on around it that would have been fine because you could focus on the personal stories of the people in that war, instead it just seems like their stories are done for and they just hang around the house until you want to lewd them. Having the MC be the only real fighting force you have when going up against armies of people also doesn't really make sense. Like the MC was never a warrior in the first place yet now he has to shoulder all the fighting? Why exactly have I been making friends with all these powerful people and races yet MC is the only one doing anything except logistics?

When I first saw this was going into war time I thought awesome this could be like Sengoku Rance (without the SA every 5 minutes) but it stopped so far short it felt like what's the point then? I thought the war was going to be about using the allies you spent so much time befriending to expand and defend your territories. I mean there were so many warriors and fighters and yet none of them were used, instead you, the not warrior, get into a 1v1 pvp with the boss of the area and then that's it. Nobody contests your territory, you don't gain resources to upgrade land or expand your forces or allies that can be used to further expand your territory. Like let me recruit my allies as generals and use money to expand their armies, let me build weapons factories to make units stronger, let me build walls to help defend exposed areas and create choke points my enemies have to go through to fight me.

This could be as simple as assigning every leader some stats (ATK DEF and Support) then every turn have a nearby enemy roll for attack, if they win they attack a tile, compare the ATK stat to the DEF stat, add modifiers and boom they either win and take your territory or you defend and they loose troops and get weakened. Support characters could be used on production sites to increase profits. Most enemies would be generics that nobody cares about but some of them are cute girls that you can capture and recruit to your army. The point wouldn't be about you the MC winning a single fight, it would be about managing your troops, moving them to where they are needed and slowly chipping away at your enemies until you get to a point where you could properly defend an area so that you can either build up for a big push or focus in the other direction because this is a 2 front war.

Heck you could even have a kind of resource, call it magic crystals, that allow you to summon troops from the nexus. Need to attack? Summon some minataurs and add them to your army. Need support? Summon some bunny girls. Want to weaken an enemy? Summon the fire spirit to launch an attack that kills a number of enemy troops to make it easier to attack or defend from before she either goes on cooldown or you mine enough crystals to summon her again. Even using the MC like this would make sense because he isn't PVPing every leader, he's leading an army and he can then use his abilities to buff his troops.

This would also feel like rescuing your people had more of a point. Not only do you get more story but you also get a powerful new unit, maybe places like the bar and school could give you some kind of bonus for owning it. Also by making the battles automatic stat checks you can streamline the process without making it feel like you aren't doing anything. Occasionally a story element would happen that affects the territories and you would have to go deal with it, maybe throw in some random events to keep you on your toes, and boom goes the dynamite.

As it is the best way I can describe the combat right now is like ramen without the seasoning packet or any toppings, just a bowl of noodles in water. I mean sure it gets the job done but you aren't going to be happy about it. Either go all in on the war aspect and make it at least interesting, or ignore it as a mechanic and just make it part of the story so you can focus on the parts people really enjoyed. I want to DL the latest version to see some of the new story content added, but the thought of having to go through THAT battle system to see them is like walking through a desert just to get a few drops of water.

Slub

Oct 9, 2020
Honestly I don't hate ACT3, I'm just disappointed by it. It kinda half assed the change, it was different enough that die hard fans of ACT 1 and 2 hated it but it didn't go far enough for people to really get into it. If it kept the same style as ACT 1 and 2 but had a kind of war themed story going on around it that would have been fine because you could focus on the personal stories of the people in that war, instead it just seems like their stories are done for and they just hang around the house until you want to lewd them. Having the MC be the only real fighting force you have when going up against armies of people also doesn't really make sense. Like the MC was never a warrior in the first place yet now he has to shoulder all the fighting? Why exactly have I been making friends with all these powerful people and races yet MC is the only one doing anything except logistics?

When I first saw this was going into war time I thought awesome this could be like Sengoku Rance (without the SA every 5 minutes) but it stopped so far short it felt like what's the point then? I thought the war was going to be about using the allies you spent so much time befriending to expand and defend your territories. I mean there were so many warriors and fighters and yet none of them were used, instead you, the not warrior, get into a 1v1 pvp with the boss of the area and then that's it. Nobody contests your territory, you don't gain resources to upgrade land or expand your forces or allies that can be used to further expand your territory. Like let me recruit my allies as generals and use money to expand their armies, let me build weapons factories to make units stronger, let me build walls to help defend exposed areas and create choke points my enemies have to go through to fight me.

This could be as simple as assigning every leader some stats (ATK DEF and Support) then every turn have a nearby enemy roll for attack, if they win they attack a tile, compare the ATK stat to the DEF stat, add modifiers and boom they either win and take your territory or you defend and they loose troops and get weakened. Support characters could be used on production sites to increase profits. Most enemies would be generics that nobody cares about but some of them are cute girls that you can capture and recruit to your army. The point wouldn't be about you the MC winning a single fight, it would be about managing your troops, moving them to where they are needed and slowly chipping away at your enemies until you get to a point where you could properly defend an area so that you can either build up for a big push or focus in the other direction because this is a 2 front war.

Heck you could even have a kind of resource, call it magic crystals, that allow you to summon troops from the nexus. Need to attack? Summon some minataurs and add them to your army. Need support? Summon some bunny girls. Want to weaken an enemy? Summon the fire spirit to launch an attack that kills a number of enemy troops to make it easier to attack or defend from before she either goes on cooldown or you mine enough crystals to summon her again. Even using the MC like this would make sense because he isn't PVPing every leader, he's leading an army and he can then use his abilities to buff his troops.

This would also feel like rescuing your people had more of a point. Not only do you get more story but you also get a powerful new unit, maybe places like the bar and school could give you some kind of bonus for owning it. Also by making the battles automatic stat checks you can streamline the process without making it feel like you aren't doing anything. Occasionally a story element would happen that affects the territories and you would have to go deal with it, maybe throw in some random events to keep you on your toes, and boom goes the dynamite.

As it is the best way I can describe the combat right now is like ramen without the seasoning packet or any toppings, just a bowl of noodles in water. I mean sure it gets the job done but you aren't going to be happy about it. Either go all in on the war aspect and make it at least interesting, or ignore it as a mechanic and just make it part of the story so you can focus on the parts people really enjoyed. I want to DL the latest version to see some of the new story content added, but the thought of having to go through THAT battle system to see them is like walking through a desert just to get a few drops of water.
This has been the case for pretty much every feature he introduced, so why would you still be surprised? He seems to constantly get new ideas for complex mechanics that take plenty of time to integrate, makes use of them a few times and then it just gets ignored instead of building upon any of the existing ones.

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
This has been the case for pretty much every feature he introduced, so why would you still be surprised? He seems to constantly get new ideas for complex mechanics that take plenty of time to integrate, makes use of them a few times and then it just gets ignored instead of building upon any of the existing ones.
Oh I'm not expecting a change. I wouldn't even ask him too now or ever. He has a vision for his game and every right to make the game he wants. I'm just giving feedback that happens to resemble venting because it partially is, because at one point I did truly love this game. If there is anything I hope to achieve with my essay length post is to let the dev know how I feel about the game so that perhaps he can integrate his own ideas into future content in a way that doesn't divide the fanbase.

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
So I have a question. I checked every update log for it, so I'm not just blindly asking, lol. Does Qarinah's domain only still have 1 Dreaming(Pixie)? I'm asking because I encountered it the first time today, and the dialogue made it seem like MC had been in Gwen's dreams. Change Log only mentions Pixie's dreaming, so I'm asking if there are more, or just the one?

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Oh I'm not expecting a change. I wouldn't even ask him too now or ever. He has a vision for his game and every right to make the game he wants. I'm just giving feedback that happens to resemble venting because it partially is, because at one point I did truly love this game. If there is anything I hope to achieve with my essay length post is to let the dev know how I feel about the game so that perhaps he can integrate his own ideas into future content in a way that doesn't divide the fanbase.
Yeah you are not alone. I discovered this game at what was perhaps in retrospect, its peak. I joined the party late enough that I missed the apparent swapping of LI models that apparently happened early on and divided the fan base. When I first played this, it was overall amazing, and there was no Act III yet.

Since then, it has been a case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back pretty much every update. And I feel like the dev is starting to lose the overall cohesion of the game. I recently started a new playthrough, and I was disappointed at how... disjointed? it all feels now. There are numerous places now where the pacing/ordering are all jacked up, likely from constantly making changes, and shuffling things around - little mistakes get made here and there so dialogue in certain places doesn't make sense, or is happening in an order that was clearly not intended, and progressing certain storylines, side aspects of the game etc., can be done in ways that leads to a very underwhelming experience.

Act 3 has been such a shit show, that topic has just severely dominated the conversation about the game for so long now, it has pushed everything else to the sidelines. Instead of talking about things like character models, which sex scenes were great and what we would like to see more of, storylines and routes that should be progressed, people reporting the issues with dialogue order and triggers not happening at the right time, etc. (which is what we SHOULD all be talking about and would ideally lead to the dev fixing these things) - instead it's just been 90% posts about how stupid act 3 is, for way, way, too fucking long.

I hate to say it but I think it's probably time to drop this one off my recommended list of games. Sucks, it had a lot of promise, but I can honestly say the version I played first is 10x superior to the many updates that came since, even despite the additional content those updates introduced.

And regarding the whole shuffling things around leading to ordering issues, dialogue not always making sense, and pacing problems - I can't say this enough - this is a sign of a fucked development process. This should NOT be happening. If you design and build your game right, you should mainly just be adding additional content that happens later in the story, and then people won't run into this when they do fresh playthroughs. If you are having to go back and fuck around with things earlier in the game constantly, you didn't do it right the first time.

Reactions: vilewe7570

joganisabel

Nov 21, 2023

so no more sex scene for the girls? just gonna save them?

4.40 star(s) 231 Votes