Yog'Sothoth

Jul 3, 2022
Um, I think you misunderstand me. No one talked about actually creating a different game. What Ravager has done for ages (thus proving that it is feasible, because Ravager has done it for ages with no issue AFAIK) is simply cut out all the scenes involving any of the things Patreon objects to. As I understand it Ravager's version on Patreon isn't actually meant to be a full version that his patreon's subscribers should play, as a lot is cut from it. It is just a way for his supporters on Patreon to choose to continue their support there, while actually being provided the full game elsewhere. I am sure Ravager's developer can explain the details far better and more accurately than me, which is why I suggested he contact him. It has been working well for Ravager.

Also, why does he hate this thread? I recall him being very active here in the early days.

Glad to know that the transition has been going well and the game can keep going as is though, that is great news. I am just suggesting an additional method.
Ravager hasn't created a different game, but CK would have to, since there would be a shit ton of events that would make no sense, also wouldn't work because as I said before, Patreon will scour the internet to ban you for ANYTHING, regardless if it's in their platform or not. Idk how Ravager managed to stay under the radar but what doesn't help Arc, and probably why Patreon took notice, is that he was in the top 20s of all Patreon creators, and Patreon, in their infinite wisdom and desire to be puritans, didn't like that.
As for why does he hate the thread still existing: because management here started to suck, and while he did initially provide the public versions here, people started to upload early access versions as well, to which, c'mon, it's just a week difference, can't you wait a week? for the same content nonetheless? it's not like public is 10 versions behind EA or anything. He asked people to stop, he tried shutting down the thread, he even tried DMCA-ing his own thread but mods would just ignore it. And before people go complaining to Arc about it, direct quote: "I'd give out the game for free if I could, and I do, there's zero difference between Patreon/Substar and Itch versions, but I'm still running a business here and thus I feel like those supporting me should get at least SOMETHING for their money, no matter how much they are pledging"

Yog'Sothoth

Jul 3, 2022
Before you get too excited, when he says "wholesome" he's not being sarcastic but means it.
Arc has stated multiple times that there will NEVER be sexualized children in his games, be it CK or any future game, and knowing him, that's serious and I have every reason to believe it. We might have loli characters in CK (like Qarinah, Rinkos and the Minitaurs), and a shortstack in Lyx, there will NEVER be actual kids engaging in sex stuff

Aug 27, 2018
It's a shame what happened between Patreon and the dev, I understand the guidelines BUT they could at least check if the problematic content was in fact being sexualized, if it wasn't then they could give a "green card" for the dev to continue his project ..... unfortunately this did not happen.

:cry::cautious:o_O

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
It's a shame what happened between Patreon and the dev, I understand the guidelines BUT they could at least check if the problematic content was in fact being sexualized, if it wasn't then they could give a "green card" for the dev to continue his project ..... unfortunately this did not happen.

:cry::cautious:o_O
Their policy is no minors in adult games, whatsoever. (unless you're making them a ton of money). Arc already tried to bring up this and other points with them, but they wouldn't budge.

Fortunately, he's had an outpouring of support on SubscribeStar, so game development continues.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
The Dev released a very short (couple of minutes or so) bonus game, basically having the MC defend the family from Patreon. It was interesting lol.

Edit: It is now in the main page here for those who want to check it out :).

Last edited:

Yog'Sothoth

Jul 3, 2022
I suppose that's right, if you completely distort what's actually in the game.
To pull some quotes from a conversation I had with Arc:
" F95 is an incredibly toxic site for devs so I spend as little time as possible on it, and I don't engage. There's a lot of outright lying, barely-concealed glee and deliberately misconstrued situations. The '14 year-old virgins' thing is especially weird and says more about the commenter than anything else [comment from me: because NO ONE engaged in sexual activity is below 18 in the game]. I used to be active on the site and tried to ensure everyone was kept informed, but honestly it was like swimming upriver while people threw rocks so I just don't any more. "
" Trying to stop the flow of misinformation and vitriol on F95 is like the story of the little Dutch Boy and the Dam. Anyone who's getting the game legitimately knows the truth from SubStar and Itch". The rest are just stealing anyway so why bother? And yes, stealing because this thread is no longer, and hasn't been for a long time, updated by him.

And just to end on a more positive note, I gave'im a heads up about the people who actually care about the game, even here, and this was his answer:

" I appreciate that, thank you. There's a lot of good people in F95 - it's a shame they're so often drowned out by the sea of toxicity that surrounds them! I'm flattered and humbled beyond measure that they'd be raising their voices in positive support of CK "

Arc if for whatever reason you read this, you can probably figure out who I am (I'm not potentially leaking my discord tag here), and if you want me to take these quotes down, just let me know

Aug 5, 2017
The '14 year-old virgins' thing is especially weird and says more about the commenter than anything else [comment from me: because NO ONE engaged in sexual activity is below 18 in the game].
I don't care that he has to call it "college" and pretend they're 18 because of stupid rules, but it's written like a highschool, and highschool starts at 14 or 15. Having been to college there were no 20 year olds running around in pigtails sucking on lollypops saying things like "golly gee mister, I don't know, mommy told me...".

If he thinks that's what college-age women are like it says more about him than anything else.

It's a college the way the big-chested woman is my 'landlady' and the girl who lives with us is my 'flatmate'.

Last edited:

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
The '14 year-old virgins' thing is especially weird
Out of all the bullshit in that article, this was the most hilarious. It's expressly stated that the school is a college, but I guess the douche who wrote the article thought it was attended entirely by child prodigies.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Out of all the bullshit in that article, this was the most hilarious. It's expressly stated that the school is a college, but I guess the douche who wrote the article thought it was attended entirely by child prodigies.
Honestly, kinda weird that the college registers at all considering characters like Qarinah exist.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
Honestly, kinda weird that the college registers at all considering characters like Qarinah exist.
Talk about grasping at straws! I know Qarinah's only a few thousand years old, but that doesn't make her a minor.

So what's your beef? Envy at CK's (continued) success?

This reminds me of that Korean game that came out recently, [something]Blade. Everyone started bitchin' that the character looked like a kid, but the girl who was the model for that character is 35 years old. I swear, people just be lookin' for shit to bitch about!

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Talk about grasping at straws! I know Qarinah's only a few thousand years old, but that doesn't make her a minor.
Not a defense for having a character that looks like a child. It doesn't work in anime, and it doesn't work here.
So what's your beef? Envy at CK's (continued) success?
If you want to stop being a blind shill, attacking anyone with a slightly nuanced opinion, see this post for my feelings about Arc. I have nothing but respect for the man. You, however, are proving Arcs point about people on F95.
I should have clarified, I find most of patreons rules horse-shit, I just believe that rules are rules and you shouldn't be surprised at the consequences when you break them (much like our rule 7 here). Even if he's mistaken, him sticking to his guns shows integrity and earned immense respect from me. I've seen many devs cave to far less.

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
Blind shill? I don't even interact with Arc. I iust happen to like his game. And my confrontational nature leads me to come at people who start talkin' shit on things I like. I don't care what he or anyone else says about F95s "toxic" environment. I happen to thrive in places like this. But that's because I come from a time before everyone had to pretend to be nice to each other.

Qarinah doesn't look like a kid, to me. Also, see the example I left at the end of my previous response. I see you had no comeback for that one.

You say you respect the dude, but you got a
funny way of showing it. Wouldn't surprise me if you were the one who reported him to Patreon.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Blind shill? I don't even interact with Arc. I iust happen to like his game. And my confrontational nature leads me to come at people who start talkin' shit on things I like. I don't care what he or anyone else says about F95s "toxic" environment. I happen to thrive in places like this. But that's because I come from a time before everyone had to pretend to be nice to each other.

Qarinah doesn't look like a kid, to me. Also, see the example I left at the end of my previous response. I see you had no comeback for that one.

You say you respect the dude, but you got a
funny way of showing it. Wouldn't surprise me if you were the one who reported him to Patreon.
I am going to put this to rest right now and lay it out as plainly as I can, so maybe you'll actually get it this time. I never once disrespected Arc, or his game. I, frankly, did the exact opposite. It's not even like my opinion is nuanced, I straight up said that I think patreons rules are horseshit. I've given nothing but praise to Arc for showing integrity, and said that I'm glad the game is doing well on substar. Just because I state WHY the game was banned, doesn't mean I'm "talking shit" I'm stating the obvious.

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
You're stating what's obvious, to YOU. Clearly, people have different views on this. And you seriously need to get over yourself, like you're the authority on what's permissable. You ain't put shit to rest, here.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 231 Votes