COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
ArcGames
Ummm, wow. Just read the note about what Patreon did to CK. As someone who has been with this game since the very beginning (I gave it a 5 star review more than 4 years ago for version 0.4.0), I am astonished and very sad that Patreon did this. That new rule makes no sense, as like you said no young one was portrayed in anyway but the most innocent and wholesome. That is very unfair. Really hope all the best to you and CK.

I do have a suggestion though: a game called "Ravager" had major issues with Patreon in the past. The dev fixed it by basically making two different versions of the game with two different names, the proper one on Subscribestar, and a very stripped down version on Patreon under a different name. He explained that to his fanbase and subscribers through various methods (Here, Discord, etc). That has gone down very well for him, allowing him to have his cake and eat it too. Any chance you can consider something like that?
here is the game's page if you would like to PM the dev any questions about how he did it btw:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ravager-v5-1-6-4minutewarning.26476/

Reactions: JungleNuts

Yog'Sothoth

Jul 3, 2022
ArcGames
Ummm, wow. Just read the note about what Patreon did to CK. As someone who has been with this game since the very beginning (I gave it a 5 star review more than 4 years ago for version 0.4.0), I am astonished and very sad that Patreon did this. That new rule makes no sense, as like you said no young one was portrayed in anyway but the most innocent and wholesome. That is very unfair. Really hope all the best to you and CK.

I do have a suggestion though: a game called "Ravager" had major issues with Patreon in the past. The dev fixed it by basically making two different versions of the game with two different names, the proper one on Subscribestar, and a very stripped down version on Patreon under a different name. He explained that to his fanbase and subscribers through various methods (Here, Discord, etc). That has gone down very well for him, allowing him to have his cake and eat it too. Any chance you can consider something like that?
here is the game's page if you would like to PM the dev any questions about how he did it btw:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ravager-v5-1-6-4minutewarning.26476/
Explained on discord but i think its worth it to send it here even though Arc really hates this thread existing still:
- Not feasible for a single dev, as creating a different game means rerendering thousands of scenes for that (no Arc won't get more people to "help" him, not for this game at least, he started this on his own and intends to finish it so)
- Not feasible for Patreon, because they will hunt you down and take you out for things even not hosted on their platform (cue mention to another dev here that I can't be arsed to look for again who had his page taken down from Patreon due to posts and comments on this site, which he had ZERO control over, since f95 is essentially a pirate site)
- Not feasible as he would have to rewrite a shitton of the story of the game, and that is something he absolutely refuses to do, especially after the game has come so far

Anyway, if you want to support Arc, go to his SubStar, so far the transition has been going well and the game can keep going as is, as another possibility was him taking CK to Steam, which would also requires a complete redo of the game

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Explained on discord but i think its worth it to send it here even though Arc really hates this thread existing still:
- Not feasible for a single dev, as creating a different game means rerendering thousands of scenes for that (no Arc won't get more people to "help" him, not for this game at least, he started this on his own and intends to finish it so)
- Not feasible for Patreon, because they will hunt you down and take you out for things even not hosted on their platform (cue mention to another dev here that I can't be arsed to look for again who had his page taken down from Patreon due to posts and comments on this site, which he had ZERO control over, since f95 is essentially a pirate site)
- Not feasible as he would have to rewrite a shitton of the story of the game, and that is something he absolutely refuses to do, especially after the game has come so far

Anyway, if you want to support Arc, go to his SubStar, so far the transition has been going well and the game can keep going as is, as another possibility was him taking CK to Steam, which would also requires a complete redo of the game
Um, I think you misunderstand me. No one talked about actually creating a different game. What Ravager has done for ages (thus proving that it is feasible, because Ravager has done it for ages with no issue AFAIK) is simply cut out all the scenes involving any of the things Patreon objects to. As I understand it Ravager's version on Patreon isn't actually meant to be a full version that his patreon's subscribers should play, as a lot is cut from it. It is just a way for his supporters on Patreon to choose to continue their support there, while actually being provided the full game elsewhere. I am sure Ravager's developer can explain the details far better and more accurately than me, which is why I suggested he contact him. It has been working well for Ravager.

Also, why does he hate this thread? I recall him being very active here in the early days.

Glad to know that the transition has been going well and the game can keep going as is though, that is great news. I am just suggesting an additional method.

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
I suspect it's set, as if each child could be either male or female it would need a lot more art. From memory, I think all but one of the children are female, the exception being Veronica's son. (Is Veronica the right name? I know it begins with V but I've had a memory lapse.)
the 'Cow'girl on the farm game me a Boy. i have about 20 kids and i think 3 of them are male. but i'm pretty sure it is set. each LI is only capable of reproducing ONE gender. (shorter code work?)
afterall... 'every sperm is sacred' and i Love baking buns.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Question is if he hits the old 10K target on SS will be thus abandon this awful new engine idea to pander to Steam? He is already halfway to the 10k mark.
The 10k target/goal was just for what he was getting previously on Patreon. There was a 4k goal for staying with current setup, that if reached he'd not have to remake the game to attempt to move to Steam. He's obviously broken that target, and has acknowledged it (on Valentines day), so I'd say the whole remake and move to Steam is a no-go now.

kidoman

Aug 23, 2019
Dang, Patreon strikes again :-/ I knew the moment that incest got the axe that they'd keep making more and more strict rules. I wonder if their eventual goal is to eradicate adult content from their platform without 'officially' doing it (by making the rules so nightmarish that it's not worth the effort). Like the scumbag manager who cuts your hours until you quit.

Glad Arc stuck to his guns, that was a huge hit to his monthly paycheck from the sounds of it. Really sucks about how corporations push their puritanical insanity on everything these days, and how sites like Patreon bend the knee to suckle on that sweet, sweet investment dick-milk. Fuck 'em.

Was actually in the middle of making a game myself that was heavy on the pregnancy element, including having the (non-sexualized) kids present in the game. Actually ended up changing focus slightly, but post-pregnancy (non-sexual) child-interactions is still going to be present and I hadbeen contemplating whether I should make go for a Patreon or not once I'd made enough progress. Guess they made the decision for me! The fact that wholesome content is being banned from these games is infuriating. I really hope Subscribestar gets more popular because any adult games hosted on Patreon are going to become increasingly gimped until nothing made through it is worth playing anymore.

Fuck censorship, fuck corporations trying to dictate what we are and aren't allowed to get off to, and fuck Patreon.

Anyways, sounds like a good time to get back into the game, then! I liked it when I tried it ages ago, and now I'm all fired up to give it another go. Fight the good fight, Arc!

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Dang, Patreon strikes again :-/ I knew the moment that incest got the axe that they'd keep making more and more strict rules. I wonder if their eventual goal is to eradicate adult content from their platform without 'officially' doing it (by making the rules so nightmarish that it's not worth the effort). Like the scumbag manager who cuts your hours until you quit.

Glad Arc stuck to his guns, that was a huge hit to his monthly paycheck from the sounds of it. Really sucks about how corporations push their puritanical insanity on everything these days, and how sites like Patreon bend the knee to suckle on that sweet, sweet investment dick-milk. Fuck 'em.

Was actually in the middle of making a game myself that was heavy on the pregnancy element, including having the (non-sexualized) kids present in the game. Actually ended up changing focus slightly, but post-pregnancy (non-sexual) child-interactions is still going to be present and I hadbeen contemplating whether I should make go for a Patreon or not once I'd made enough progress. Guess they made the decision for me! The fact that wholesome content is being banned from these games is infuriating. I really hope Subscribestar gets more popular because any adult games hosted on Patreon are going to become increasingly gimped until nothing made through it is worth playing anymore.
Please read this post. It makes it very obvious why patreon banned this game, and it was NOT because of the non-sexualized minors. We've talked about this very thing a fuck ton on the dev forums, the conclusion we came to is Arc is misinterpreting patreons response. (I don't blame him, it's easy to do with how vague those can be) It's a shame, and I'm glad he's doing well on Substar, but this was only a matter of time with CK. The only part of the TOS it doesn't break is bestiality.

kidoman

Aug 23, 2019
Please read this post. It makes it very obvious why patreon banned this game, and it was NOT because of the non-sexualized minors. We've talked about this very thing a fuck ton on the dev forums, the conclusion we came to is Arc is misinterpreting patreons response. (I don't blame him, it's easy to do with how vague those can be) It's a shame, and I'm glad he's doing well on Substar, but this was only a matter of time with CK. The only part of the TOS it doesn't break is bestiality.
If that's the case, then yeah, sounds like it could definitely be a case of way too many areas where he was breaking the rules and pushing the limits. Still, at least he didn't compromise his vision, I'll give him that. And I stand by my general disdain for Patreon and their stupid guidelines.

Definitely sounds like he either misrepresented the situation or didn't understand it, honestly, if that's the case.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
If that's the case, then yeah, sounds like it could definitely be a case of way too many areas where he was breaking the rules and pushing the limits. Still, at least he didn't compromise his vision, I'll give him that. And I stand by my general disdain for Patreon and their stupid guidelines.

Definitely sounds like he either misrepresented the situation or didn't understand it, honestly, if that's the case.
I should have clarified, I find most of patreons rules horse-shit, I just believe that rules are rules and you shouldn't be surprised at the consequences when you break them (much like our rule 7 here). Even if he's mistaken, him sticking to his guns shows integrity and earned immense respect from me. I've seen many devs cave to far less.

Reactions: Burgh917

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but when you go to quit the game using the 'Quit' button (in others words, when you go to quit the game anywhere else other than the title screen where you have to press 'X') you will get a message to please support the game on Patreon if you enjoy the game.

I'm pointing this out since the developer said in the changelog on this forum that all mentions of Patreon have been removed from the game, so I'm just pointing out this patreon mention just incase it was missed.

Personally I don't find the mention of Patreon to be offensive, but I figured the game developer would want to know so they could remove it.

zalamander

Oct 2, 2017
The thing is, it will be banned from steam too. Remember "The intoxicated flavour"?. Steam rejected it due to the presence of a underage model. (Even if canonically has over 18, the sole appearance of it triggered the Steam ban).

Good Luck with the game tho.

Yeppers34

Aug 11, 2021
The thing is, it will be banned from steam too. Remember "The intoxicated flavour"?. Steam rejected it due to the presence of a underage model. (Even if canonically has over 18, the sole appearance of it triggered the Steam ban).

Good Luck with the game tho.
He moved over to subscribe star and met his goal so I think the game is gonna be fine

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
From what I know, steam is even stricter than patreon. Patreon, usually, gives you a chance to change your game to bring it in line with TOS. With steam, once a game is banned, it's permanently banned. (If I'm wrong, please correct me.)

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Question is if he hits the old 10K target on SS will be thus abandon this awful new engine idea to pander to Steam? He is already halfway to the 10k mark.
My impression was that he'd already abandonned the idea.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but when you go to quit the game using the 'Quit' button (in others words, when you go to quit the game anywhere else other than the title screen where you have to press 'X') you will get a message to please support the game on Patreon if you enjoy the game.

I'm pointing this out since the developer said in the changelog on this forum that all mentions of Patreon have been removed from the game, so I'm just pointing out this patreon mention just incase it was missed.

Personally I don't find the mention of Patreon to be offensive, but I figured the game developer would want to know so they could remove it.
I don't think the dev reads this thread, so you might want to reply to his public post on SubscribeStar to tell him.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
  • DAYCARE KIDS: A new wholesome group event with the kids! Because Patreon can bite me. Go to the daycare and select "Group Play"!
so loli scenes are finally in the game now? :ROFLMAO:
Before you get too excited, when he says "wholesome" he's not being sarcastic but means it.

Reactions: Yog'Sothoth
4.40 star(s) 231 Votes