CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Why I have this error when I want to visit Morgana ? Someone can help me ?

Exception: Could not load image u'emma/emma love event 1 1.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Corrupted Kingdoms 0.9.1
Sun Mar 7 21:03:46 2021
Arc's already looking into it.
Apparently it has something to do with the new version of Ren'Py.

YES, ANOTHER DEV THAT HAS PROBLEMS WITH THE ENGINE UPDATE.

If I was in that situation I'd treat engine updates like Windows updates. Don't install them until all the bugs are (allegedly) ironed out.

A patch might be coming this Wednesday. Coinciding with the public release.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If I was in that situation I'd treat engine updates like Windows updates. Don't install them until all the bugs are (allegedly) ironed out.
I agree, especially when it come to game development in renpy. There is no real incentive to update half way through the process. I don't know if that's what happened here or not but if it not broke...

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Does anyone know what's up with all these 'WEBP' code errors? There are so many of them all the way back to the start of the game and I remember there wasn't any back in the good old 0.4 updates.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Why I have this error when I want to visit Morgana ? Someone can help me ?

Exception: Could not load image u'emma/emma love event 1 1.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Corrupted Kingdoms 0.9.1
Sun Mar 7 21:03:46 2021
It would be nice if Arc offered an Uncompressed version... As I've seen a few images get lost in compression and really don't think these are unrpa issues like he claimed on Patreon. Though he was all for putting everything in rpa as drm.

If you have a copy of the old version v0.9.0 you could just use the update patch.

I'm not sure if just replacing the Ren'Py engine with 7.3.5 would work even if the underlining game files are the same.

Though if you wanted to try that then
  1. Backup the game's Ren'Py engine. Pretty much everything in the Main Game Directory besides the "game" folder.
  2. Delete those files
  3. Extract these files to the Main Game Directory.
  4. Play

Edit: Funny enough the last time I see that loading correctly was from 0.6.9
Eh I'll Include it in the event it helps

Last edited:

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
So that's why the game is so small. I see no point in only providing a compressed version. I mean, who benefits from that aside from android users?
Kinda the same types that benefit from a Gallery Unlocker :p

Poor people with either not enough storage space, hardware horsepower, or bandwidth caps/slow speed from isps. Those that want to try the game quickly and if they decide they like it then get the graphically superior version. Others that don't care so much about high fidelity graphics but would like to play the game faster.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Kinda the same types that benefit from a Gallery Unlocker :p

Poor people with either not enough storage space, hardware horsepower, or bandwidth caps/slow speed from isps. Those that want to try the game quickly and if they decide they like it then get the graphically superior version. Others that don't care so much about high fidelity graphics but would like to play the game faster.
Fair enough, but that's no reason to to not provide the original for people outside of those circumstances.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Hope they get it fixed soon. Game is now completely unplayable because of all the errors. Can't wait!

thx

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It turns out I was just a retard and the reason why Pixie and Lily couldn't get pregnant was because I didn't unlock the Nexus yet. Aside from that there can only ever be one girl pregnant at a time so there's that too.
I'm guessing Lily can't get pregnant yet? At the bar it said something was preventing it, unless she's on the pill or something.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I'm guessing Lily can't get pregnant yet? At the bar it said something was preventing it, unless she's on the pill or something.
Lily can get pregnant but only when no other girl is pregnant already, she is at 4 hearts and you are able to access the Nexus from Morgana's room.

Reactions: Skeltom

Oct 22, 2019
what does this new version do since when I check under the hint menu for the girls it said there is no more for this version

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It would be nice if Arc offered an Uncompressed version... As I've seen a few images get lost in compression and really don't think these are unrpa issues like he claimed on Patreon. Though he was all for putting everything in rpa as drm.

If you have a copy of the old version v0.9.0 you could just use the update patch.

I'm not sure if just replacing the Ren'Py engine with 7.3.5 would work even if the underlining game files are the same.

Though if you wanted to try that then
  1. Backup the game's Ren'Py engine. Pretty much everything in the Main Game Directory besides the "game" folder.
  2. Delete those files
  3. Extract these files to the Main Game Directory.
  4. Play
Mega

Edit: Funny enough the last time I see that loading correctly was from 0.6.9
Eh I'll Include it in the event it helps
There is an error with that, I think ill try to repack the whole thing with an earlier version to see if that does anything because this update is pretty broken. I can't even have breakfast anymore.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
There is an error with that, I think ill try to repack the whole thing with an earlier version to see if that does anything because this update is pretty broken. I can't even have breakfast anymore.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That would probably work. Alternatively the unofficial update patch does include all the scripts already compiled in Ren'Py 7.3.5 since I found those have a higher compatibility.

You might also be interested in the files between 0.6.9 to 0.7.0
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-1-arcgames.31912/post-4194552

And Old audio quality patch
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-1-arcgames.31912/post-4644180

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
That would probably work. Alternatively the unofficial update patch does include all the scripts already compiled in Ren'Py 7.3.5 since I found those have a higher compatibility.

You might also be interested in the files between 0.6.9 to 0.7.0
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-1-arcgames.31912/post-4194552

And Old audio quality patch
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-9-1-arcgames.31912/post-4644180
So the images in the original folder are uncompressed? They aren't different character models or anything?

Edit: never mind. I was going to replace the images and videos but I see they are different.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterdragonson
4.40 star(s) 232 Votes