CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
CursedFlame91 I figured something out that worked

I set the following:
define gramps_training_intro = 0 ; to reset training with gramps.
define stats_martial = 1 ; to start martial training over
then
jump gramps_training_dojo_intro

This let me start over with training. So far it's working fine. Dunno what went wrong.

EDIT: It did not continue working. The menu still doesn't show at Gramps dojo in the morning.
It is supposed to say: "Let's get started!" according to the script.
I can go through the different levels by jumping to them, but not having the menu point at gramps is annoying.
Your save might be fucked. Did you use someone else's or try to cheat your stats?

This kinda fuckery shouldn't happen normally, and if it does I'd have to report it.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Your save might be fucked. Did you use someone else's or try to cheat your stats?

This kinda fuckery shouldn't happen normally, and if it does I'd have to report it.
I did alter stats at the very beginning. I put them back again, I just wanted to explore the console a bit. Thought it'd had no ramifications, but this is on me. I've gotten around it now since I jumped to the relevant scenes until I unlocked the hot springs and I'll keep an eye on gramps updates in coming patches.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
It's been awhile since I played this. Can we do more in the school? Last I checked it was just a bit with the principal.
After progressing with her story can buy the college.
Although you can't really do much with it for now.

I did alter stats at the very beginning. I put them back again, I just wanted to explore the console a bit. Thought it'd had no ramifications, but this is on me. I've gotten around it now since I jumped to the relevant scenes until I unlocked the hot springs and I'll keep an eye on gramps updates in coming patches.
Yeah, editing stats or the love meter will fuck things up since they're tied to progression.

But even if Arc put a big warning on bright yellow letters that told you to not edit the variables, some people would do so anyway.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I'm not sure it's a bug, but when you do the Eldritch lead in the church you talk to the 'nun' and you're wondering what her name is.
As soon as you're finished you have the option to talk to 'Lilith', but you were never told her name(it says 'Unknown' at the very end of the conversation)

CursedFlame91 Yea, I'm not complaining about it. If I thought the gramps thing was a bug I would've asked about it that way.
Had a feeling it would be because the stats had been altered. There are several things that could've gone wrong though. I apparently missed something in the martial part of the script before messing the save up.

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
After progressing with her story can buy the college.
Although you can't really do much with it for now.

Yeah, editing stats or the love meter will fuck things up since they're tied to progression.

But even if Arc put a big warning on bright yellow letters that told you to not edit the variables, some people would do so anyway.
It would still be nice to see that at a glance :p
Any love above 5 = Cheated/Glitched
Any stats above 10 = Cheated/Glitched

Really helps to see what the real score is too.
Could have been like Harem Hotel were if the game detects it they pop up a warning saying the player messed up.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I'm not sure it's a bug, but when you do the Eldritch lead in the church you talk to the 'nun' and you're wondering what her name is.
As soon as you're finished you have the option to talk to 'Lilith', but you were never told her name(it says 'Unknown' at the very end of the conversation)

CursedFlame91 Yea, I'm not complaining about it. If I thought the gramps thing was a bug I would've asked about it that way.
Had a feeling it would be because the stats had been altered. There are several things that could've gone wrong though. I apparently missed something in the martial part of the script before messing the save up.
I'm curious, care to upload this save of yours?

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I'm curious, care to upload this save of yours?
I just got into bed xD but sure, gimme a few mins.

EDIT:
masterdragonson
24-3 is before I tried to fix it with console.
25-5 is after.

BTW, I repeat this is 100% my fault. I can't find the line in the script that activates the training option in gramps menu... and since I can't I didn't think there was a problem.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018

Yeah good ol' Arc forgot that we haven't learned her name yet. Not gamebreaking so it will be fixed on the next version.
So much for not wanting to give us her name :KEK:
I also revealed her name a while back.

It would still be nice to see that at a glance :p
Any love above 5 = Cheated/Glitched
Any stats above 10 = Cheated/Glitched

Really helps to see what the real score is too.
Could have been like Harem Hotel were if the game detects it they pop up a warning saying the player messed up.
You've suggested it before but I didn't forward it to Arc, what makes you think I will this time?
The overflow protection doesn't do crap against the other ways editing stuff would make progression.

Good thing I'm not a game dev because I'd probably put some spaghetti that checks if the player used cheats, give them an and then crash the game.

I said it before, if I spawn half a million wheels of cheese in Skyrim and make the game crash it's my fucking fault, not the dev's.
As much of a buggy mess Skyrim (or any bethesda game) might be.

Sheesh, only thing we need is for some wanker to leave a bad review because they couldn't cheat.

• Thinking Face

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I said it before, if I spawn half a million wheels of cheese in Skyrim and make the game crash it's my fucking fault, not the dev's.
As much of a buggy mess Skyrim (or any bethesda game) might be.
Devs use all sorts of arbitrary stats for story progression.
There's an RPG MZ game called Star Knightess Aura. In that game
XP = global relationship level with ppl you know
HP, MP, AGI, STR are modifiers for events.
If you cheated with xp you'd break it.
EDIT: Typo

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CursedFlame91

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
You've suggested it before but I didn't forward it to Arc, what makes you think I will this time?
The overflow protection doesn't do crap against the other ways editing stuff would make progression.
I'm old, don't remember shit, and will likely bring it up again imgbin-emoji-wink-sticker-smiley-emoticon-hand-emoji-emoji-Wv38ufwqYyZaxizGMSEeF40et.png
Besides you're the chosen Daco_2160554.png hero of the
dicksword server
:KEK:
It's also an easy way to identify things since the stat bars can overflow and shows the user nothing is wrong for stats and outright crashes for love. But really for as long as players think it's a bug with the game this conversation will repeat every couple months cheers.png You'll forget, I'll forget, then after humming a few bars it will start coming back and we'll sing shanties again. 29436031_170x100.gif

Good thing I'm not a game dev because I'd probably put some spaghetti that checks if the player used cheats, give them an and then crash the game.
I've seen that happen then the dev gets depressed when people call the game crap :KEK:

That's why I like fan made mods... You usually can't trust the devs of triple AAA games but the fans, those are some decent folks. Might cuss like a sailor but at least they care :giggle:

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
{...}
It's also an easy way to identify things since the stat bars can overflow and shows the user nothing is wrong for stats and outright crashes for love. But really for as long as players think it's a bug with the game this conversation will repeat every couple months View attachment 1257400 You'll forget, I'll forget, then after humming a few bars it will start coming back and we'll sing shanties again. View attachment 1257417
I might relay it, but with a slight change...

I've seen that happen then the dev gets depressed when people call the game crap :KEK:
Guess that's the reason why that many devs are so gutless.
Well, being an asshole doesn't pay the bills. Not in this line of work at least.

• Yay, new update!

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Guess that's the reason why that many devs are so gutless.
Well, being an asshole doesn't pay the bills. Not in this line of work at least.
One of the Persona games had the girls call the MC "Cheater" every 5 minutes... Oh, Earthbound really messes with the player and deletes their save if they make it to the end.

• Wow
Reactions: CursedFlame91

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Anyone else having an issue with the Jessica event in 10.4? I had a full save from 10.3, loaded the update patch, and when I run through her event .. after the two dudes show up - game crashes. Done it three times now. I did all the other stuff in 10.4, got a save of that, and tried it again - same thing.

I don't see any logs or traceback.txt which has it, just crashes game.

4.40 star(s) 233 Votes