playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

Corrupted Kingdoms [v0.2.4] [ArcGames] - Original Size: 799 MB

Download Win (119 MB): - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
is there a specific time for jessica's events?
Which events?
Have you looked at the hint section of her character card?
If it those in the manor...
I can't quite remember but I believe her sunbathing is afternoon saturday, I'll have to check that I think it's wrong.
Talking to her in the kitchen is morning in the kitchen
And the newest one is in mc bedroom afternoon

Reactions: ArcGames

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

Wevy

Jun 2, 2019
So will the villain part of your character development be in the finished product or are you steering clear of it altogether now? I've really not seen so many options of being a villain, and he seems regretful of most of his actions. I mean if i'm a going the villain route, why would I care what I do to these girls?

Reactions: AlisaB

AlisaB

Jun 19, 2018
So will the villain part of your character development be in the finished product or are you steering clear of it altogether now? I've really not seen so many options of being a villain, and he seems regretful of most of his actions. I mean if i'm a going the villain route, why would I care what I do to these girls?
Exactly! False advertising. Dev doesnt give us options to be evil despite claims how we will be able to choose our path. Why the fuck would i care about Chloe's sister or whatever when im trying to be a villain.

ArcGames

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2019
Because I'm just one person working on the game, I can't have branching plotlines (it would more than double my workload whilst at the same time halving the amount of content each player got each week, assuming that they would only be interested in one route). So the branching "moral" decisions will take place at the end of each individual character's storyline.

For example, there is one storyline currently in progress which, when you reach the climax, will ask you to decide the fate of a particular character. Your choices will be A) Imprisonment, B) Exile (If you picked "Justice" at the start of the game) or C) Execution (If you picked "Revenge" at the start of the game). This choice will then have an effect on future dialogue and quest options as well as help shape the ultimate outcome of your game.

Also, it's worth noting that the MC will never become a full-blown evil psychopath. You won't be Shattering Alice, you won't be mind-controlling people into ripping out their loved one's intestines and eating them, you won't be burning down orphanages and cackling over the flames. The MC has a particular goal in mind, and the "moral deviance" lies in exactly how far he's willing to go, and how ruthless he's willing to be, to achieve it.

That being said, in my spare time I am going back over old interactions to add in more dialogue branches. This Sunday's update, for example, includes a change that allows the MC to be a lot more callous about Alice (you know, for all you monsters out there ;) )

Sorry for the long response, but this question - or variations of it - have been asked and answered quite a few times so I wanted to make this post so I could point future queries back to it :)

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Because I'm just one person working on the game, I can't have branching plotlines (it would more than double my workload whilst at the same time halving the amount of content each player got each week, assuming that they would only be interested in one route). So the branching "moral" decisions will take place at the end of each individual character's storyline.

For example, there is one storyline currently in progress which, when you reach the climax, will ask you to decide the fate of a particular character. Your choices will be A) Imprisonment, B) Exile (If you picked "Justice" at the start of the game) or C) Execution (If you picked "Revenge" at the start of the game). This choice will then have an effect on future dialogue and quest options as well as help shape the ultimate outcome of your game.

Also, it's worth noting that the MC will never become a full-blown evil psychopath. You won't be Shattering Alice, you won't be mind-controlling people into ripping out their loved one's intestines and eating them, you won't be burning down orphanages and cackling over the flames. The MC has a particular goal in mind, and the "moral deviance" lies in exactly how far he's willing to go, and how ruthless he's willing to be, to achieve it.

That being said, in my spare time I am going back over old interactions to add in more dialogue branches. This Sunday's update, for example, includes a change that allows the MC to be a lot more callous about Alice (you know, for all you monsters out there ;) )

Sorry for the long response, but this question - or variations of it - have been asked and answered quite a few times so I wanted to make this post so I could point future queries back to it :)
I'm fine with this. I don't see it as "false advertising" as, as far I can recall, nowhere was it said you could have a huge branching path. It's more like there's some misleading harsher choices that could hint at a more villainous mc if you look too deep into them. Which is fine to do.

I prefer playing a good guy anyway so I like how the game's going so far. I realize this may not be what everyone wants but I can only speak for myself.

Reactions: JayBlitz123

AlisaB

Jun 19, 2018
I dont think anyone is asking for this type of stuff :LOL: Just the option to be more harsh especially towards those characters who were assholes, enemies or potential threats.
Thats great! Adding more dialogue options or the ability to choose what MC thinks of certain situation/characters will be amazing!
Like choice A: "Oh noes! What has i done?! Am i the baddie?!"(pretty much the current version of MC)
and
choice B: "Whatever, this doesnt concern me. She/they brought it upon herself/themselves!"

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 232 Votes