ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
Hold on a moment. As was pointed out, you always see the scenes on day 15 and day 30 no matter what. How exactly did you beat the game before day 15?
Then that just means I saw the scenes and they were so unremarkable I don't even remember them.

His wording of '' How you do these things matter, if you want to have any hope of ruining the interview on Day 15 or vacation on Day 30 '' suggests you get an alternate scene if you do well enough early on or something.
If its just a matter of GETTING to those regardless, I literally don't think its remotely possible to fail, at all. The game doesn't actually have any loss state I've noticed.
My furthest save in terms of days is on day 44. I also have a few around day 30 from trying dif girl combos to see if it makes much of a difference.
Also what do you mean ''beat the game''. Far as I'm aware, the ending isn't in yet. Its impossible to lose or win. There's a point where it goes ''ayyo you can cheat now'' but the game doens't end or anything. You don't win.
And hell thinking on it, he probably means the scenes where the interviewer is like ''Hello booby lady, how r u'' and booby lady is like ''fuck everyone and everything'' and then they cut. Something like that. It interviews each girl one after the other.
Not sure what the vacation is, only thing like that I can remember is them clothes shopping, but it spams that all the time, not just on day 30. Same scene with little to no difference with corruption.

But my point is that you're focusing on something that is, in my opinion, secondary to the core appeal.
I'm talking about the writing. The only aspect of this game I would actually consider good and the core reason I have this thread checked. The writing is really fucking good.

As for commanders a decent one costs like 59 or so at end game. That is absolutely trivial to recoup.
In a quick 5 min round just now I regained 150.
I spawned in, grabbed the first chick with commander.
Passed turns.
Examine once she was free, clicked the thing with the biggest bar (pain in this case)
Grabbed her when the second chick arrived, clicked her biggest bar
Grabbed her
Repeated
Sodomize, duel inseminate for 29 turns, spend all my commander charges on the third chick just for her to escape almost instantly and fly on the same turn she escapes

I could have easily got more EE by saving commander for when the other two were free in hopes grabbing her would break one of the others for more free grabs. But I have no reason to. I've seen all the text before. Once they start flying, I can't even see the actual really hot scenes (the + stuff) without letting them win and starting a new round anyways, since only commanders can grab them out of the air and they don't fuck more than one chick at a time. I don't see the round end scenes unless they win either, which is where the hotter corruption that isn't just repeating the same strip tease line every other turn are found.

I don't get how you would ever struggle with EE with commanders or be at a loss with them except when you literally just unlocked it, in which case you are close to upgrading it anyways.

Early on you just do the same thing but less extreme and maybe having to hit multiple big bars instead of one, because the matches end really quick and sometimes girls can take until its almost over to end if you don't restrain the first one early.
And then you get commanders.
And its super easy going from that point on.

The corruption IS in the writing. And it is lacking. Not in quality, but in quanity. Something which should be remedied once this gets the 'final battle' the blog mentions and isn't an endless game where you scale into infinite and can't really lose ever.
As I said in my review, I give its poor mechanics a largely free pass; its not what I'm here for. With exception to the new 'just let the girls striptease until a bar reaches 1k' awful commander mechanics. I haven't gone back and adapted the review for those, because they were literally just added and may be tweaked to be less bad.

As for breaking vulns, you literally just examine and start spamming X thing rather than Y, I got those all done like I was going through a checklist. The only one that took any actual time, effort or real thought was one

My girls on day 44 are completely broken in every aspect, pregant, drained, parasited and... whatever the other one was. And each of these had a different text for all 3 of my girls. Which was good. But most of the time its just like
>Floppy mgbig tits doesn't like people but BAM RAPE
v
>Tiny tiddies likes people but BAM RAPE
Same scene, with the x's changed for y's.
Not much of it actually changes in a meaningful way based on the girls personality, and the girls are also very lacking in personality variance, I have 5 saves and they largely all have the same 3 girls under different names.
You get the nice one, the bitchy one, the cold one.

Huh I guess you can't add comments on reviews so this is kind of on-topic.
Still doesn't feel like so much of the thread should be about my review though.

Last edited:
Reactions: quiboune

Jan 10, 2018
And hell thinking on it, he probably means the scenes where the interviewer is like ''Hello booby lady, how r u'' and booby lady is like ''fuck everyone and everything'' and then they cut. Something like that. It interviews each girl one after the other.
Not sure what the vacation is, only thing like that I can remember is them clothes shopping, but it spams that all the time, not just on day 30. Same scene with little to no difference with corruption.
"She" instead of "he", but yes, that is indeed the scene I'm referring to, though I don't think you're characterizing it well. I think the scene is frankly hilarious if you make it enough of a trainwreck, but more importantly, I think it's a pretty good barometer for how well you're doing - it's an independent reference for your pace, and the requirements for the corrupt variants are low enough that it's not hard to hit for the categories you care about on a given run. If you see them, you should feel reassured that you're doing well even if you feel like you're going slow, while if you miss them, you should probably reload and reconsider your strategy - at least, in my opinion.

The vacation on Day 30 is when they get a break courtesy of another team, and a heckler harrasses them for taking a break; depending on how corrupt they are, they either rebuke him or end up beaten down. Then, in the pool, millionaires try to use them as government-purchased prostitutes; again, they either go along with it or not. Then they end the night either relaxed or a borderline wreck fantasizing about what the demons have done to them. Each of these scenes also have variants based on the relationships between specific Chosen.

These kinds of thing are what I consider the essence of the corruption genre when compared to other games - significant differences in reaction to the same scene depending on how far they've sunk, with the player being able to enjoy how much they've changed the character in question.

I'm talking about the writing. The only aspect of this game I would actually consider good and the core reason I have this thread checked. The writing is really fucking good.

As for commanders a decent one costs like 59 or so at end game. That is absolutely trivial to recoup.
In a quick 5 min round just now I regained 150.
I spawned in, grabbed the first chick with commander.
Passed turns.
Examine once she was free, clicked the thing with the biggest bar (pain in this case)
Grabbed her when the second chick arrived, clicked her biggest bar
Grabbed her
Repeated
Sodomize, duel inseminate for 29 turns, spend all my commander charges on the third chick just for her to escape almost instantly and fly on the same turn she escapes

I could have easily got more EE by saving commander for when the other two were free in hopes grabbing her would break one of the others for more free grabs. But I have no reason to. I've seen all the text before. Once they start flying, I can't even see the actual really hot scenes (the + stuff) without letting them win and starting a new round anyways, since only commanders can grab them out of the air and they don't fuck more than one chick at a time. I don't see the round end scenes unless they win either, which is where the hotter corruption that isn't just repeating the same strip tease line every other turn are found.

I don't get how you would ever struggle with EE with commanders or be at a loss with them except when you literally just unlocked it, in which case you are close to upgrading it anyways.
I mean, at the end of the game, you get 150 EE for free every day regardless of what you do, sure; one ten-round orgy is enough to permanently drive their trauma high enough to force their most sinful form of leisure. But at that point in the game, you're not trying to inflict trauma on them anymore - you're trying to break their final Vulnerability, which means getting as many surrounds as possible while leaving someone free so that they can finish corrupting themselves. And also at that point, they're so ridiculously weak to damage in general from their broken Vulnerabilities that it doesn't much matter what you do.

The late game is so different from the early game that there's not much use in comparing them - you have completely different aims, completely different resources, and completely different situations.

Early on you just do the same thing but less extreme and maybe having to hit multiple big bars instead of one, because the matches end really quick and sometimes girls can take until its almost over to end if you don't restrain the first one early.
And then you get commanders.
And its super easy going from that point on.
Except that early on in the game, the 20 EE feels like a fortune, and a decent commander costs 6 EE on their own, while the player struggles to decide between buying the commander or extending the round length. If they decide to splurge on an 11 EE commander and fail to break a Vulnerability at that point, it really does hurt, and they might even find themselves unable to afford trying again - recall that early on, you're only making 6EE a day, with all the rest being bonus EE from breaking Vulnerabilities.

It's easy if you do the right things, but you really can find yourself in a quagmire if you're struggling to figure out what to do. That multiple people have written about how they feel lost testifies to this fact.

The corruption IS in the writing. And it is lacking. Not in quality, but in quanity. Something which should be remedied once this gets the 'final battle' the blog mentions and isn't an endless game where you scale into infinite and can't really lose ever.
As I said in my review, I give its poor mechanics a largely free pass; its not what I'm here for. With exception to the new 'just let the girls striptease until a bar reaches 1k' awful commander mechanics. I haven't gone back and adapted the review for those, because they were literally just added and may be tweaked to be less bad.
I... Honestly feel the exact opposite way about the final Vulnerability Break. I love the way that it's about the Chosen finally embracing their corruption on their own, rather than something you inflict on them, and I love the way that it changes combat so that you have to put a bit more thought into things rather than just lock them all down. I realize that wasn't the main point of what you said here, but I think we're approaching the game from very different perspectives.

My girls on day 44 are completely broken in every aspect, pregant, drained, parasited and... whatever the other one was. And each of these had a different text for all 3 of my girls. Which was good. But most of the time its just like
>Floppy mgbig tits doesn't like people but BAM RAPE
v
>Tiny tiddies likes people but BAM RAPE
Same scene, with the x's changed for y's.
Not much of it actually changes in a meaningful way based on the girls personality, and the girls are also very lacking in personality variance, I have 5 saves and they largely all have the same 3 girls under different names.
You get the nice one, the bitchy one, the cold one.
You mean you don't get a laugh whenever you see Moral Girl yell "Stop screaming, you're making me feel terrible!" whenever she's killing a bunch of civilians? Huh.

Well, that aside, I do think the game would benefit from a fourth Chosen to help make their personalities feel a bit less rigid, but there's honestly some pretty big differences between shy characters vs assertive characters, and clever characters vs brash characters. This can be seen most clearly in the different relationship scenes, I feel, but it also leads to some pretty big differences in their profiles and leisure activities.

But I suppose it's ultimately a matter of taste whether you find the differences interesting or not.

Huh I guess you can't add comments on reviews so this is kind of on-topic.
Still doesn't feel like so much of the thread should be about my review though.
It's only been about five comments total, and we're discussing the game itself, so I don't really see a problem myself... But I guess it depends on whether it annoys other people in the thread, rather than what I feel.

number361

Dec 2, 2018
05841035411 gave some good general advice, but I figure I can offer specific advice about that battle as well. I noticed that after that initial Surround, you had a few turns where you couldn't do anything useful, and then by the time you spent your Capture, it was too late in the battle to turn things around. I'd try starting with (1) Slime (2) Surround (3) Pummel (4) Capture (5) Grind (6) Caress (7) either Pummel or Humiliate. The goal here is to make it so that she has at least 5 damage levels between FEAR, DISG, and PAIN so that you can grab her for a long time after doing a quick Slime/Attack -> Surround combo on one of her allies. It looks like you might be able to manage it before extermination is complete, which would let you then grab her again afterward.
This is tad counter-intuitive.... Like..in simple RPG terms the weakness you actually present...has no meaning since you have to to use a different skill anyway...which the Chosen might be immune to, or it "feels" she might be immune to since the UI tells you so.

In Simple RPG terms like fighting a "Fire Elemental with a Core". First thing you think of is to have Ice magic against it, then you can smash it's core. This follows an easy logical step. Disable enemy - > use attack that it's weak against.

In here it seems you have to force Pummel into the logic path which really feels counter-intuitive. Like...the Chosen is strong against physical damage but really weak against Expo! So...you hit her ...to increase the multiplier on Expo? ...Huh? It just does not follow.

Also the UI \ text does not help this in any way.

Anyway, interesting concept, but terrible UI that offers little to no actual information and just confuses the player.

UI clarity problems that I found odd:
  1. Talent description are cool for flavour, but here they are used to convey actual skill information. There should be a simple short text which details what the skill is going to ad, like "Gives Lust attack to Commander".
  2. Core\Significant\Minor elements. At first time I thought that I have to always aim at the Core...because that's her main weakness...turns out not. Again, counter-intuitive and does not follow a logical path. (display weakness - > target weakness , here you display their weakness "core"..but you don't target it..)
  3. No indicator which is Trauma or Circumstances damage, if you read the Tips this becomes obvious...but once again this should be obvious to the player at first glance. If you need to read a wall of text to figure this out that's already a lost case from a gameplay perspective.
  4. No indicator on which attack will have any multiplications effects (like Pummel). Again...you have to read the walloftext to get a hint for this...which should not be the case. Improve tooltip?
  5. No overall talent tree view of the purchased talents
  6. No overall report on the Chosens changed stats, you have to remember them. Example: after Surround you break a point, like PLEA...but this is not displayed anywhere after that.. Make a summary after each round with each Chosen on their current status?

I wish you the best of luck on developing this game, I'll watch it's progress and give it another go.

Jan 10, 2018
This is tad counter-intuitive.... Like..in simple RPG terms the weakness you actually present...has no meaning since you have to to use a different skill anyway...which the Chosen might be immune to, or it "feels" she might be immune to since the UI tells you so.

In Simple RPG terms like fighting a "Fire Elemental with a Core". First thing you think of is to have Ice magic against it, then you can smash it's core. This follows an easy logical step. Disable enemy - > use attack that it's weak against.

In here it seems you have to force Pummel into the logic path which really feels counter-intuitive. Like...the Chosen is strong against physical damage but really weak against Expo! So...you hit her ...to increase the multiplier on Expo? ...Huh? It just does not follow.
Maybe thinking of it in different terms might help it feel a bit more natural to you - let's say you were fighting a giant robot instead. You're told that it's head is it's weak point and it has strong legs, but it's still ten stories tall; it'd be a waste of time to break its legs completely, but at least cracking a knee will help you knock it off balance to take advantage of its head.

It's the same with the Chosen - their weak points are legitimately weak and will progress much faster once you can hit them, but... For some, that means knocking their shield out of the way first, while for others, that means they have a paper-thin shield but stronger core.

Does that help it seem more intuitive to you?

Reactions: Seamonkey

number361

Dec 2, 2018
Maybe thinking of it in different terms might help it feel a bit more natural to you - let's say you were fighting a giant robot instead. You're told that it's head is it's weak point and it has strong legs, but it's still ten stories tall; it'd be a waste of time to break its legs completely, but at least cracking a knee will help you knock it off balance to take advantage of its head.

It's the same with the Chosen - their weak points are legitimately weak and will progress much faster once you can hit them, but... For some, that means knocking their shield out of the way first, while for others, that means they have a paper-thin shield but stronger core.

Does that help it seem more intuitive to you?
Yeah, this explains it better. Problem is - for me - that this thinking is not presented in the gameflow nor the ui. Hmn, I'll give it now another go.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017

Anyway, interesting concept, but terrible UI that offers little to no actual information and just confuses the player.

1. Talent description are cool for flavour, but here they are used to convey actual skill information. There should be a simple short text which details what the skill is going to ad, like "Gives Lust attack to Commander".
  2. Core\Significant\Minor elements. At first time I thought that I have to always aim at the Core...because that's her main weakness...turns out not. Again, counter-intuitive and does not follow a logical path. (display weakness - > target weakness , here you display their weakness "core"..but you don't target it..)
  3. No indicator which is Trauma or Circumstances damage, if you read the Tips this becomes obvious...but once again this should be obvious to the player at first glance. If you need to read a wall of text to figure this out that's already a lost case from a gameplay perspective.
  4. No indicator on which attack will have any multiplications effects (like Pummel). Again...you have to read the walloftext to get a hint for this...which should not be the case. Improve tooltip?
  6. No overall report on the Chosens changed stats, you have to remember them. Example: after Surround you break a point, like PLEA...but this is not displayed anywhere after that.. Make a summary after each round with each Chosen on their current status?

I wish you the best of luck on developing this game, I'll watch it's progress and give it another go.
Yeah, I will confess that figuring out how to balance the chosen's individual weaknesses against what those effects have on the rest of the fight can be quite confusing at times. I can't speak how to make things obvious to those playing but I find keeping the following things in mind helpful:
1) Core vulnerabilities means its a core aspect of the chosen's personality not what they are most weak to. While the value of trauma damage increases very quickly in the core vulnerability, the gain of the associated circumstance is much slower given that increasing the circumstance is crucial to breaking vulnerabilities this is important to keep in mind.
2) While it isn't necessarily clear at first why you would target other Circumstances than the one you are trying to raise it can be very important to do so. On the chosen you are not primarily targeting raising exposure can be very helpful, the highest level of exposure amongst the chosen adds a multiplier to the rests gains in all stats which can help snowball. As you noted in your comment pummel can give a similar modifier but does it to the circumstances damage to the same chosen so raising injury of the chosen you are targeting even if you are not going for that circumstance can still be very helpful.

EDIT* Oops didn't notice 05841035411 had already already replied with advice since I had started typing, will just leave this up in case it proves helpful to someone else.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of it now. After not using a commander for 18 days and just getting passive buffs, I managed to break a vulnerability for the first time. It's crazy how things snowball in this game, but I appreciate that there's (practically?) no RNG involved. I do have some questions:

- The guide says you should break core vulnerabilities before minor ones to drive the Chosen apart, but I've seen the opposite. E.g. Badass green-text girl has a dignity break and agrees to nude photoshoots with goth red-text girl, who is already her rival and has EXPO as a minor vulnerability. It seems to be based on their personalities rather than whether the vulnerability is core, significant or minor. Possibly their already-broken vulnerabilities too. Am I right?

- Is it generally better to focus on 1 girl at a time for vulnerability breaks and just keep the others on the backburner? Any reason to start on another one? I don't mean in individual battles, but overall.

- I noticed something sometimes keeps Chosen from flying away after they get released with extermination progress complete. What is it?

- When that happens, should I grab her immediately? Do they only fly off after they escape a commander/surround, or is it checked every turn?

- Does friendship/rivalry affect combat actions? Like, will a Chosen not try to create a distraction for a rival?

Last edited:

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
They don't run until extermination, evac are both done and none are currently being grabbed. There's also an ability that delays escape by a turn or two but you can't seem to reread skills you already bought so I'm unsure on the details.

Grabbing them out of the air is mostly kind of meh as is since it only downs 1 of 3 chicks, who will simply instantly fly again on the turn she gets up, doesn't really matter much. If someone else is still down then grab her just so the other chick may break from it.

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2018
- The guide says you should break core vulnerabilities before minor ones to drive the Chosen apart, but I've seen the opposite. E.g. Badass green-text girl has a dignity break and agrees to nude photoshoots with goth red-text girl, who is already her rival and has EXPO as a minor vulnerability. It seems to be based on their personalities rather than whether the vulnerability is core, significant or minor. Possibly their already-broken vulnerabilities too. Am I right?
It may be that red-text girl came with Dignity pre-broken; that can happen with minor vulnerabilities.

Otherwise, breaking Cores before Minors does indeed drive them towards rivalry, while breaking Minors before Cores pushes them towards friendship.

- Is it generally better to focus on 1 girl at a time for vulnerability breaks and just keep the others on the backburner? Any reason to start on another one? I don't mean in individual battles, but overall.
It's better to spread them out, in my opinion. The third-level breaks involve building up a large amount of trauma, and the fourth-level breaks require them to use certain moves a lot - it's for the best if you can work on them all at once. Plus, once you have three captures for your Commander, it's not really a problem to tackle all three in a battle.

Also, it makes things a bit easier - dealing with three characters who take relatively higher damage is easier to manage than one character who takes massive damage and two who take normal damage, at least in my opinion.

- I noticed something sometimes keeps Chosen from flying away after they get released with extermination progress complete. What is it?
So long as you Surround them before the extermination is complete, they'll stay on the ground, even if the extermination is complete when they're let go. Though the fight will still end unless someone else is surrounded, or you have Vengeful Reconsitution.

- When that happens, should I grab her immediately? Do they only fly off after they escape a commander/surround, or is it checked every turn?
They'll only fly off after an escape, or if everyone is free; you can Surround her at your leisure until then.

- Does friendship/rivalry affect combat actions? Like, will a Chosen not try to create a distraction for a rival?
It does; friends show up earlier to help each other, while rivals will dawdle. As for how it affects their actions in-combat, I believe it does, but I'm not clear enough on the logic behind their actions to say for certain - I don't think it makes a dramatic difference either way, though.

Oh, though it does also affect the damage modifiers for group actions - x1.2 for highest friendship, x2 for bitter enemies.

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
I am disappointed now I finaly managed to get the chosen to hate each other, then broke their core weakness, only for the much hated rival to still come and rescue them. I was so hoping there was a bonus scene if the chosen was friendless. :(

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Got a few more:

- Can I avoid violent rape if I break other vulnerabilities first, make Morality and Confidence break scenes more consensual? I mean the first time around, including defloration.

- Do friendships/rivalries only occur from breaks, or are they affected by the activities between battles? Should I try and make Chosen do different activities?

- Are the Suppressor commanders better for avoiding unwanted breaks than using the manual commander?

- What are these Defiler commanders, are they straight-up better than Suppressors?

- Should I be using the ambush option to try and strip someone for the ally expo multiplier, or what's the typical optimal opening?

Jan 10, 2018
Got a few more:

- Can I avoid violent rape if I break other vulnerabilities first, make Morality and Confidence break scenes more consensual? I mean the first time around, including defloration.
No, but if you raise her Pleasure high enough, she immediately enjoys it (for Morality) or gets an exhibitionist thrill from it (for Confidence). It's still not consensual, but it might help?

- Do friendships/rivalries only occur from breaks, or are they affected by the activities between battles? Should I try and make Chosen do different activities?
Breaks are the only thing that affect friendships and rivalries. Feel free to enjoy their leisure time as you wish.

(Properly speaking, I think they get more trauma relief from doing things with friends, but... You're already well outpacing them on trauma generation by that point, so it doesn't really matter.)

- Are the Suppressor commanders better for avoiding unwanted breaks than using the manual commander?
If you want to go the entire game without inflicting a first-tier break, then yes, but otherwise you have enough control that using the basic commander should never lead to an undesired break.

- What are these Defiler commanders, are they straight-up better than Suppressors?
It's my understanding that it functionally lets you skip straight to Inseminate, Force Orgasm, Sodomize, or Broadcast, but I haven't actually used them myself; it never really seemed worth them extra EE, especially since they didn't do my desired damage combination.

On paper, they should be stronger though, especially if you combine them with a Suppressor with the upgrade. But by the time you stop fretting about the price tag for that combination, you're also finishing off the last of the trauma-related breaks, at least in my experience.

- Should I be using the ambush option to try and strip someone for the ally expo multiplier, or what's the typical optimal opening?
My preference is generally to open the fight by going after Exposure Girl, and use a second Capture for my real target; since I typically Pummel and Grind to set her up for more Exposure later on in the fight, I generally need the extra rounds that going after her from the start affords.

I don't generally bother with ambushes since Circumstance is heavily penalized by levels of Trauma, which Commanders avoid the initial need for with their guaranteed duration, and I focus my initial actions on those who will need more time to get a third round of Surrounds on.

I hope that helps!

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks a lot for the answers, I'll use them.

If you want to go the entire game without inflicting a first-tier break, then yes, but otherwise you have enough control that using the basic commander should never lead to an undesired break.
Well, the idea is to just delay first-tier minor and significant breaks in order to deter friendships. The problem with that is that different circumstance actions can affect multiple circumstances, not just the one they're supposed to, and are further affected by actions like violence or hiding.

Jan 10, 2018
Well, the idea is to just delay first-tier minor and significant breaks in order to deter friendships. The problem with that is that different circumstance actions can affect multiple circumstances, not just the one they're supposed to, and are further affected by actions like violence or hiding.
Just to be clear, Suppressors will accomplish this without any problems, so feel free to do it that way.

That said, for the first level of breaks, I usually choose the order of Chosen to target based on whether I want friendships or rivalries this game, so that I don't have to worry about accidents; in the very early game, it's easier to focus on two Chosen anyway. Or if that's too inconvenient, then I just let the first level go, since there's enough time later in the game to get to the highest level of friendship or rivalry regardless.

For the next level of breaks, I hold off on using the special attacks on whichever Chosen would cause issues until I get the other Chosen to enough trauma for the third-level break.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, I just realized that first-tier minor and significant breaks happen between 5K-10K and is based on an Chosen action, while tier-2 requires 10K and a thrall action. Might be better to just let it go and take the hit for the sake of tactical flexibility, though it irks me that there might be different scenes/interactions based on completely unbroken vulnerabilities matched with heavily-broken ones later in the game. I take it that tier-2 breaks don't happen unless you use the associated action, no matter how high Trauma gets (edit: eventually the requirement changed to 1G unresolved trauma. I don't know if that broke the vulnerability or just moved the goalpost).

One important question I have: I know Chosen build relationships based on the order you break vulnerabilites, but do tiers factor into it? Like, if you break a significant (or minor) vulnerability at tier 2 that someone else has as a minor vulnerability at tier 1, will there be a positive interaction or not?

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, I just realized that first-tier minor and significant breaks happen between 5K-10K and is based on an Chosen action, while tier-2 requires 10K and a thrall action. Might be better to just let it go and take the hit for the sake of tactical flexibility, though it irks me that there might be different scenes/interactions based on completely unbroken vulnerabilities matched with heavily-broken ones later in the game. I take it that tier-2 breaks don't happen unless you use the associated action, no matter how high Trauma gets (edit: eventually the requirement changed to 1G unresolved trauma. I don't know if that broke the vulnerability or just moved the goalpost).

One important question I have: I know Chosen build relationships based on the order you break vulnerabilites, but do tiers factor into it? Like, if you break a significant (or minor) vulnerability at tier 2 that someone else has as a minor vulnerability at tier 1, will there be a positive interaction or not?
I wasn't certain if it was important to you or not to explore this on your own, so I spoilered it just in case...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As regards the second-level breaks, they won't happen on their own, but... Weirdly, the third-level break can still happen anyway at the moment. I'm not certain if that's a bug or not.

That said, the amount of Trauma required means it won't generally happen by accident unless you use Orgy for a prolonged period of time, so you'll probably have already gotten the breaks in order already - it's only really an issue if you're trying to avoid the break entirely.

Ah, and as for why the requirement changed, their third-level breaks get an order of magnitude more expensive with each third-level break inflicted on a Chosen.

Significant Vulnerabilities do not have any interaction with the relationship system. You can break or ignore them as you please without concern for how it will affect the team. And there will only ever be one Minor Vulnerability of the same type; if you meant of different types, then they're unrelated to relationships, though I believe there can be some minor flavor text differences for certain scenes.

guest1

May 31, 2018
*Love the game

Game values could all be made x5 faster and nothing would be lost except grind. Vulnerabilities are x5 stronger, debuffs and grab last x5 longer, enemy damage does x5 more, x5 more corruption

No need to simplify, just condense everything

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020

Thanks for the feedback. I figure I should respond directly to the elemental matchup comparison, because it's related to one of the core design goals of the game. I strongly dislike it when games use elemental systems that just amount to certain attacks getting a damage multiplier against certain enemies. This is because it reduces the depth of the gameplay - picking the attack with the best elemental matchup tends to outweigh all other factors, and in the absence of an elemental matchup, the attack's element has no other significance. I much prefer systems which challenge the player to figure out which effects are strongest in which situations (e.g. enemies made of fire have really high evasion, ice attacks numb the target and reduce evasion).

That said, I'll try to improve the UI issues you bring up. The summarized talent descriptions should already be in, though - hover over the button to buy it and it'll display a tooltip which concisely says what it does in gameplay terms.
This seems to be a case of the minor vulnerability starting out broken. Showing more clearly which vulnerabilities are already broken (without overwhelming the player with tons of information on the profile screen) is another place where I'm trying to figure out how to improve the UI.
It does; friends show up earlier to help each other, while rivals will dawdle. As for how it affects their actions in-combat, I believe it does, but I'm not clear enough on the logic behind their actions to say for certain - I don't think it makes a dramatic difference either way, though.

Oh, though it does also affect the damage modifiers for group actions - x1.2 for highest friendship, x2 for bitter enemies.
Aside from determining when they show up, the relationships don't affect how they choose which in-battle action to take (both because they're choosing their actions based on expected effectiveness, and because their true reasons for using the sinful actions are all ultimately selfish).
I am disappointed now I finaly managed to get the chosen to hate each other, then broke their core weakness, only for the much hated rival to still come and rescue them. I was so hoping there was a bonus scene if the chosen was friendless. :(
They'll still help each other out in routine battle because even if they hate each other, they still want to win. Scenarios where they abandon each other should come up in the endings once the final battle is implemented, though.
As regards the second-level breaks, they won't happen on their own, but... Weirdly, the third-level break can still happen anyway at the moment. I'm not certain if that's a bug or not.
To clarify, it isn't a bug. Some third-tier breaks might seem like they should always break the lower vulnerabilities, but some definitely don't, and for the sake of consistency I just made it so that the only possible chain reaction breakages are the third-tier cores (where they're broken in the associated post-battle scene) and all of the fourth tier breaks (which are explicitly "total").

3.80 star(s) 51 Votes