Bootyman

Apr 7, 2018
It seems pretty good so far, certainly needs some work on the UI but it's overall a pretty good time.

RudyMan

Jun 10, 2017
Damn, really awesome stuff. Hope to see it 10 times bigger and cooler one day. My respect, CS boi.

Secureb

Jun 27, 2019
The guide doesn't do a great job but what I found is try and keep building on their trauma. Exploit their weaknesses to get yourself evil energy and start trying to break their values (Morality, innocence, dignity, and I forget the last one) as you break things down it will start to influence the girls relationships with each other. For instance I drove my prideful personality girl crazy by boosting her hatred and shame till the point she became so consumed with hate she would beat the shit out of her allies and actively hated herself to the point she was looking for ways to die. Ironically this brought the characters relationship closer together(How?) but I think with time bonds can and will become strained and they will turn on each other if you play your cards right.
Yeah, as you play the game the meta changes. At first I thought it was just about breaking them, but the scoring system adds new dimensions. You can break them in a lot of different ways, both individually and as a team. The trauma builds over time and they get closer because of shared empathy, but then you can start going to town on one of them and they'll start resenting the others. You score major bonus points for breaking friendships rather than just setting them on each other before getting them friendly. I like how the scenes change when you've got two of them surrounded/captured simultaneously. If they're friends, they'll offer to take extra punishment so the other doesn't go through it, or will actively service each other to make the ordeal less bad. But as the demon, you know that they're only making it worse for themselves. The corruption writing is fantastic by focusing on stuff like this.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
Always good to have another game where you're the villain violating the heroine, instead of the heroine just sort of not fighting back.

Reactions: ViviX12

Quilue

Sep 4, 2017
I really liked it. It has lots of layers and dynamics of combat. The tutorial should include the information that comes in a text archive, but other than that it is off to a great start.

Reactions: ViviX12

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
One of the biggest problem I have with the game is the skill description. For example, Lust can be summed up in three words, "Commander: Pleasure up". But instead we get an entire paragraph of flavor text that is cool to read, but really hard on the eye especially when the selection gets huge.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
One of the biggest problem I have with the game is the skill description. For example, Lust can be summed up in three words, "Commander: Pleasure up". But instead we get an entire paragraph of flavor text that is cool to read, but really hard on the eye especially when the selection gets huge.
Then why are you playing a text based game? Not even trying to be snippy here, if reading large amounts of text is a strain for you then you maybe shouldn't be playing text heavy games like this.

Katzies

Oct 19, 2017
Any possibilty of running this on Android? Finally a game I can play in public, but I'm not really that much of an IT&C person, and I am ready to throw the towel in. In theory, it's just a bunch of text and 5 buttons. In practice... .jar files cannot be ran without rooting one's phone, or so the internet lead me to believe.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
Then why are you playing a text based game? Not even trying to be snippy here, if reading large amounts of text is a strain for you then you maybe shouldn't be playing text heavy games like this.
Are you stupid? There's a difference between having a skill description+flavor text and your flavor text being your skill description. There's also a difference between reading ten lines to get what ten skills do, and reading TEN PARAGRAPHS.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
Are you stupid? There's a difference between having a skill description+flavor text and your flavor text being your skill description. There's also a difference between reading ten lines to get what ten skills do, and reading TEN PARAGRAPHS.
A text based game is 90% flavor text by necessity, because the text needs to be detailed enough for you to form your own picture of the events. Once again, why are you playing a text based game? Play something illustrated instead.

Dec 18, 2017
Now that I played it, they sure added a lot of scenarios, just not many variants. It's still a good Era equivalent, way better than Tentacle Palace, it needs a lot more flavor text and variants to scenes, it also fails to properly portray high levels of corruption, it's kind of all over the place with that, but I guess this is where the game updates will come in, considering the author is making the "corruption" the "main story", and there's a popup at some point where it says that there's no more new content.

jayan13

Jan 18, 2019
This is pretty goddamn fantastic. I'm on day 100 of my first save playing without cheats, and I think I'm nearly done - I've fully broken one heroine, and am halfway done with the other two members.

I want to make a note of how impressive the variants of conversations are - the current team that I'm corrupting is made of 2 girls and a guy, and there was a conversation between one of the girls who was a slut prior to her corruption and the guy about how it's fine that the guy likes taking it in the ass and how she won't judge him for it given her own experiences. Then, when they went off for her to fuck him with a strap-on, the guy made a joke about how he figured they'd eventually have sex, but he didn't think it would be her fucking him.

Seriously, the conversations are fantastic.

The mechanics are a little hit or miss, though - sometimes I can lock them into a massive chain that lasts for nearly 50 rounds, other times I can barely keep them in combat for 15. RNG is a major factor, but I'm steadily working on controlling it.

Also, it seems like the Chosen are healing their trauma faster than I can inflict it sometimes, especially now that I'm in the range of M, T, and G. Any advice?

ygh

Jan 27, 2018
A text based game is 90% flavor text by necessity, because the text needs to be detailed enough for you to form your own picture of the events. Once again, why are you playing a text based game? Play something illustrated instead.
The problem is that there isn't a clear separation between flavor text and text relevant to the gameplay. This isn't a visual novel (or adult interactive fiction), the gameplay is relatively deep and there are a lot of interactions you need to keep in mind if you want to play optimally. Presenting a wall of text every turn, all in the same font and mostly in the same color, is absolutely an impediment to playing the game. This is both an engine problem (an html game could keep all of the relevant statistics in a sidebar, hyperlink definitions, etc.) and I believe a conscious design choice (emulating era games).

I play a lot of text games, and I think it's a mistake to give up on any UI work just because there are no images.

ShadeDragon

Jul 19, 2017
I get where Memorin is coming from. When I started the game I read all of the skill descriptions which was fun. Then when I went to pick them I had to read through them again, and again, and again. It would be nice if there was a mechanic summary on like the tool tip for skill selection or at the end.

Jan 10, 2018
A pretty good game; the corruption is well-executed, and I appreciate the number of axes on which the characters can become corrupted. It adds a fair amount of depth. The game could use a few more scenes independent of your actions, though, especially since you'll be seeing the same ones a lot once you work out your strategy. The interview on Day 15 is hilarious if you've got a heavily corrupted team (especially "I promise I can save some of you!" and "Um... I'm pretty sure I kill more people than I save, so please don't rely on me...", among other paraphrased lines), and it would be nice if there were more like it.

That said, I do have a quibble with some of the mechanics; stacking multipliers is a key portion of the game, but after a certain point, it just gets... Silly, how high the numbers become. I feel like there should be a cap at some point, just as a sanity check.

This leads directly into my next issue, where fights can become tedious when you're doing well. If you have all three members surrounded for 20+ turns, it really slows everything to a crawl. Even more so if you've already cracked everyone's vulnerabilities, and are just running up the trauma score for Day 30. A "Do nothing for the rest of the battle" button would be nice, or perhaps any free enemies helping release the trapped one if they're already in the air; a sort of lesser, and more restricted, form of the Slaughter ability.

That said, these aren't dire issues, and a bit of tweaking would easily fix them. I look forward to future releases.

t14thforsaken

Jun 21, 2017
I haven't checked if the in-fight stats have this same "cap" (I assume they do), but there's a de facto cap at 2^63 for the score since it reaches the integer overflow limit. I assume CSDev hasn't adjusted that yet, but I did roll over to negative score last time I played through.

• Haha
Reactions: Gavote

NineMoons

Sep 12, 2017
Be careful if you download this. Antivirus flagged it, then when I played it anyways and went to delete it later it said I didn't have permission to delete the exe. lol

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I'm happy that people here seem to be enjoying the game! The feedback has been helpful. I figure I should respond to the suggestions and let people know where development is heading. (And yes, I've already posted a staff ticket to get tagged.)

There's an 'inseminate' option but they never get pregnant?
Their powers make it so that they don't get pregnant easily. The next tier of commanders is going to include one with super-potent semen that can overpower their protections provided that they've turned evil enough.
This feels to me like a EraGirlsversusTentacles more than anything, taken from the tentacle perspective, than any other Era game mentioned.

That aside, this is very impressive. One of a fairly few examples of corruption done right, the way heroines' personalities adapt to sustained trauma, and minor differences between the ways different heroines get corrupted - all that is very well thought out and implemented. Much better than most Era games, actually.

On the side note, in 6 hours of playing I haven't seen a single bug - definitely a solid work that quite a bit of developers on this site could look up to.
You're correct that eraGvT is the main inspiration. I was dissatisfied with the way that lewd stuff in that game would only happen when the player loses. I can't claim that Corrupted Saviors is bug-free, though - as the poster above noted, I missed some overflow errors in the current version, and sometimes those errors can cause a crash. Save frequently.
Futanari was mentioned, now I'm interested. Will there be images in the future?
Images aren't planned. I think one of the main benefits of text-based games is easy customization, so I've gone all-in on that aspect. Adding images at this point would require some sort of paper doll system that's beyond my ability to code and draw.
This game seems interesting in concept, but I personally can't stand the presentation. I'm ok with text based games, but I need at least some UI. I think the dos prompt aesthetic is intentional, which is unfortunate.
It's half-intentional. I leaned into that aesthetic because it was what was within my abilities. Believe it or not, it used to be worse. I'm always looking for ways to improve it (though a lot of the features are so entrenched at this point that they restrict what improvements are possible).
I really liked it. It has lots of layers and dynamics of combat. The tutorial should include the information that comes in a text archive, but other than that it is off to a great start.
My concern here is that the tutorial is already very wordy. I figured it might be better to just give players the bare essentials to get into the game there, and only give them the full details once they care enough to look for themselves.
I get where Memorin is coming from. When I started the game I read all of the skill descriptions which was fun. Then when I went to pick them I had to read through them again, and again, and again. It would be nice if there was a mechanic summary on like the tool tip for skill selection or at the end.
I can see how the current presentation would be a problem for players who have played enough to have read the upgrade descriptions before, but haven't played enough to know them all by heart. Tooltip summaries are a good idea.
A pretty good game; the corruption is well-executed, and I appreciate the number of axes on which the characters can become corrupted. It adds a fair amount of depth. The game could use a few more scenes independent of your actions, though, especially since you'll be seeing the same ones a lot once you work out your strategy. The interview on Day 15 is hilarious if you've got a heavily corrupted team (especially "I promise I can save some of you!" and "Um... I'm pretty sure I kill more people than I save, so please don't rely on me...", among other paraphrased lines), and it would be nice if there were more like it.

That said, I do have a quibble with some of the mechanics; stacking multipliers is a key portion of the game, but after a certain point, it just gets... Silly, how high the numbers become. I feel like there should be a cap at some point, just as a sanity check.

This leads directly into my next issue, where fights can become tedious when you're doing well. If you have all three members surrounded for 20+ turns, it really slows everything to a crawl. Even more so if you've already cracked everyone's vulnerabilities, and are just running up the trauma score for Day 30. A "Do nothing for the rest of the battle" button would be nice, or perhaps any free enemies helping release the trapped one if they're already in the air; a sort of lesser, and more restricted, form of the Slaughter ability.

That said, these aren't dire issues, and a bit of tweaking would easily fix them. I look forward to future releases.
A couple of the mechanics currently in the game were intended to address the second problem you mention - namely, Slaughter (which cuts surround turns directly) and the multi-target defilers (which cut the surround turns of the higher-duration target). I'm aware that it's not enough, but I'm struggling to find a good method to deal with it that doesn't punish the player for being "too successful." Even if the process of playing out all 20+ turns is tedious, I expect that players would still feel unsatisfied with just giving up those turns for no benefit.
Be careful if you download this. Antivirus flagged it, then when I played it anyways and went to delete it later it said I didn't have permission to delete the exe. lol
That's very puzzling. I checked the file uploaded here on my own system and it appears to be clean. Are you sure you weren't trying to delete the file while the game was open in the background?
Something new and interesting. Consider my curiosity piqued.
Senpai noticed me.

Caesarius

Jun 1, 2017
Damn this game seriously rocks, kudos to you for the absurd variety and granularity of scenes and flavor text for each personality type. Did three full playthroughs over the past few days, which has left me with a question/request. Is it possible for the ability to choose the team's initial personalities to be implemented? I got a couple of the same personalities on all 3 of my runs and it just made me kinda sad that there's no way to guarantee that I know I'm seeing all the content (especially because you really need to play a few battles if you wanna reload and try to get different personalities to actually see them all- and even then as far as I can tell there's a number of more granular differences even within certain personality backgrounds?).
Your writing rocks and I sorta just want the ability to experience more of it without be discouraged by going over treaded ground.

But yeah! All in all this game is seriously an incredible showing, one of the best corruption games out there, and separately one of the best text based games already too.

Reactions: quiboune
3.80 star(s) 52 Votes