Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
So I try to follow the in game guide but when I surround, even with upgraded commanders I feel like the battle is over so quickly and that I rarely ever get a break. Should I start battles with an ambush for example? And it feels like I have to constantly have one person surrounded or the battle is over and I can only do mediocre damage because everything seems to weaken the effects of everything else.
Currently it's not good to turn off ambush. The basic trauma attacks (Threaten, Slime, Attack, and Taunt) do very low damage without circumstance multipliers.

I'd honestly recommend downloading Kalloi's setup https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-28-csdev.63932/page-55#post-7265259 and then using their walkthrough and then rerunning it with subli's walkthrough https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-28-csdev.63932/page-62#post-7516149

Kalloi's is more of a standard conservative game opener while subli is more aggressive but both should give you a better idea of how to approach the early game and get your first breaks.

As for what to do once the Chosen start using their tactics and the other Chosen are distracting and all that and you're not doing any damage after you break that first tier of vulnerabilities. That's honestly part of the game that I still struggle with so I don't have a good answer. One thing to remember is that you get a good chunk of EE from that first tier and then you should get another 4-8 on Day 15. If you're getting around 9 as daily income you can always just not use a Commander for a day or two and hopefully pick up another turn of Capture or even Networked Consciousness to help out.

Reactions: vilhelm69

Roseys

Jul 24, 2017
Finally managing to get to loop 3 honestly just by using cheats. I'm really not seeing too much difference in the different loops besides depending on what/who you break.

I spent way too much time on this game and it is very well written! I think it could of been a little more flavored text wise? That's not the correct wording, but yea - keep up the great work!

Reactions: Doctor Shark

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Apologies if it's been answered somewhere in the thread but this is my first play-through where I'm trying to foster rivalries rather than have them all be friends.

My Chosen has Minors on Morality and Innocence and a Core on Dignity and I'm trying to break the Dignity Core without touching the Minors but I don't understand the break mechanics. The guide says they'll break whenever they're in danger of hitting 10k in a Circumstance but this lady is at 9589 in Hate with a 72x bonus and her T1 Morality has not broken. The in game text says "Use Grind and Humiliate until 10k damage" but on earlier attempts (no screenshot sorry) I had Innocence break with Pleasure and Exposure combined at well below 10,000. So is it only counting Trauma damage? That seems super hard to keep track of as a player.

Tier 1 Question.png

Hentai_raider

Aug 25, 2019
1649052924294.png

This value destroys my every damage multiplier in every fight. I did not understand what it is and how to prevent it. Can anyone give me some more specific info?

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
My apologies for not catching this bug before release. Let me know if it's still affecting the current version.
I'm still seeing it in version R28B. If the Chosen has an opening available that's fewer turns than your Commander Capture then Capture will only give you that many turns. Was able to replicate in a new game. Basic two-turn Commander with Ambush toggled off. One turn opening available = Commander only gave one turn. Bought the upgrade to a three-turn Commander and had a two turn opening and the Capture gave two turns.

Hope that helps troubleshoot it.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Maybe it's not in the spirit of the game but now that we can have sex directed by us to our forsaken, maybe allowing us to customize a humanoid form could be good. I don't know how much work it can be. I would even like to see maybe a sort of RPG upgrade and add during the campaign, giving a bonus like a roguelike. All of this is probably very hard to implement, I just writing my thought here.
Being able to customize the body that you bring to the sex scene is planned to come before too much longer. The male/female/futanari choice is just a placeholder until then. The system is built to handle stuff like having more than two hands, other combinations of genitals, and inhuman appendages with their own associated sex acts.
Finally managing to get to loop 3 honestly just by using cheats. I'm really not seeing too much difference in the different loops besides depending on what/who you break.

I spent way too much time on this game and it is very well written! I think it could of been a little more flavored text wise? That's not the correct wording, but yea - keep up the great work!
Right now, the main difference between loops is the difficulty modifiers that get added in later loops, and cheat mode removes those modifiers. Later, there'll be more Chosen species and some boss fights which make things more interesting even in cheat mode. In any case, glad you're enjoying it!
Apologies if it's been answered somewhere in the thread but this is my first play-through where I'm trying to foster rivalries rather than have them all be friends.

My Chosen has Minors on Morality and Innocence and a Core on Dignity and I'm trying to break the Dignity Core without touching the Minors but I don't understand the break mechanics. The guide says they'll break whenever they're in danger of hitting 10k in a Circumstance but this lady is at 9589 in Hate with a 72x bonus and her T1 Morality has not broken. The in game text says "Use Grind and Humiliate until 10k damage" but on earlier attempts (no screenshot sorry) I had Innocence break with Pleasure and Exposure combined at well below 10,000. So is it only counting Trauma damage? That seems super hard to keep track of as a player.

View attachment 1738992
When deciding whether they break, the game first looks at how much damage they expect to take, but also at which moves you're using on them. I suspect that what's happening here is that you aren't using Grind or Pummel, and as long as you aren't using one of those, it won't break no matter how high her HATE gets. (You can actually use this to your advantage when going for Distortion paths, because avoiding the associated moves guarantees that you won't break something you don't want to break.)
View attachment 1739127

This value destroys my every damage multiplier in every fight. I did not understand what it is and how to prevent it. Can anyone give me some more specific info?
The game looks at the highest level among the circumstance damage types (HATE, PLEA, INJU, EXPO) and applies a x1/2 per level for the highest one. HATE and INJU (and EXPO against other targets) apply multipliers to circumstance damage which should outweigh it pretty quickly.
I'm still seeing it in version R28B. If the Chosen has an opening available that's fewer turns than your Commander Capture then Capture will only give you that many turns. Was able to replicate in a new game. Basic two-turn Commander with Ambush toggled off. One turn opening available = Commander only gave one turn. Bought the upgrade to a three-turn Commander and had a two turn opening and the Capture gave two turns.

Hope that helps troubleshoot it.
This made it very clear where the problem was, so thank you! It turns out that this was a completely separate bug related to allowing Commander Captures against targets you could Surround anyway. Because that previously wasn't possible, there was some code that assumed that whenever a Surround was possible, the duration should be based on opening levels. It's fixed in 28c.

Edit: I found another Surround-related bug as well, so I recommend downloading 28d, which has just been uploaded.

Last edited:

dnm13

Dec 2, 2017
hey guys, i think someone had asked this already but i cant find it since there's too much result with such keyword
so i want to ask directly here

what is a forsaken?
how can i get / obtain one?

oh and also, i'm not quite sure whether i'm doing this right or not, but somehow when i want to play campaign mode and decide the Chosen characters, they dont appear and instead the game generate new ones

someone please help this lost lamb

Name36346

Oct 27, 2021
hey guys, i think someone had asked this already but i cant find it since there's too much result with such keyword

what is a forsaken?

oh and also, i'm not quite sure whether i'm doing this right or not, but somehow when i want to play campaign mode and decide the Chosen characters, they dont appear and instead the game generate new ones

Forsaken is a fallen/demonic version of Chosen. Only way to get your first one is to defeat a Chosen in final battle by bringing her resolve to zero. To be eligible for corrupting (to make it possible to bring her resolve down to begin with) a Chosen needs to have at least one "complete" (tier 4) vulnerability break or an active distortion, in first case you also need a corresponding basic attack upgrade. After you get your first (set of) Forsaken, you get an option to generate your own (similar to generating a Chosen) in Forsaken menu.

Forsakens gained during a campaign stay within that campaign until it ends (to prevent abuse of offscreen training). For same reasons "outside" Forsakens cannot be brought to a campaign as well.

Otherwise they are eligible to be deployed as a commander in singular scenarios once you have a Focus upgrade and required amount of evil energy. Forsakens are a customizable type of "special" commander, with unlimited number of in-battle captures against non-flying Chosen. They are also sort of "global" variable, their state is saved independently from saved games.

Can't really answer your second question. Maybe you generated them wrong and they cannot be teamed up with each other because of posessing a duplicate of core/sig/minor vulnerability. Maybe you flagged them as superior and they can only appear later in deeper laps.

Last edited:
Reactions: dnm13

dnm13

Dec 2, 2017
Forsaken is a fallen/demonic version of Chosen. Only way to get your first one is to defeat a Chosen in final battle by bringing her resolve to zero. To be eligible for corrupting (to make it possible to bring her resolve down to begin with) a Chosen needs to have at least one "complete" (tier 4) vulnerability break or an active distortion, in first case you also need a corresponding basic attack upgrade. After you get your first (set of) Forsaken, you get an option to generate your own (similar to generating a Chosen) in Forsaken menu.

Forsakens gained during a campaign stay within that campaign until it ends (to prevent abuse of offscreen training). For same reasons "outside" Forsakens cannot be brought to a campaign as well.

Otherwise they are eligible to be deployed as a commander in singular scenarios once you have a Focus upgrade and required amount of evil energy. Forsakens are a customizable type of "special" commander, with unlimited number of in-battle captures against non-flying Chosen. They are also sort of "global" variable, their state is saved indepently from saved games.

Can't really answer your second question. Maybe you generated them wrong and they cannot be teamed up with each other because of posessing a duplicate of core/sig/minor vulnerability. Maybe you flagged them as superior and they can only appear later in deeper laps.
that helps.

yeah maybe i accidentally marked all of them as superior, will try this later. thx ^^

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019

what is a forsaken?

A valid team will have:
  • One Chosen with two Core vulnerabilities, one Significant, and one Minor;
  • One Chosen with two Significant vulnerabilities, one Core, and one Minor;
  • One Chosen with two Minor vulnerabilities, one Significant, and one Minor; and
  • Each Vulnerability should be Core once, Significant once, and Minor once across all three Chosen.
So for example if you design custom Chosen A, B, and C with the following:
  • Alice has Core Morality and Innocence, Significant Confidence, and Minor Dignity;
  • Bonnie has Core Confidence, Significant Dignity and Morality, and Minor Innocence; and
  • Clara has Core Dignity, Significant Innocence, and Minor Confidence and Morality.
That would be a valid team and you would run into Alice, Bonnie, or Clara on Day 1 (and the others during the first loop if they're the only three custom Chosen in your campaign).

If, on the other hand, your custom Chosen are:
  • Alice has Core Morality and Innocence, Significant Confidence, and Minor Dignity;
  • Donna has Core Confidence and Dignity, Significant Morality, and Minor Innocence;
  • Elizabeth has Core Dignity, Significant Confidence and Innocence, and Minor Morality.
None of these characters can be on the same team (Even though Alice and Donna don't overlap any stats, they both have two Core Vulnerabilities. Alice and Elizabeth share Significant Confidence. Donna and Elizabeth share Core Dignity). In that case you might see Alice, Donna, or Elizabeth on Day 1 or you could see randomly generated Frida or Giselle and see one of your three customs at some point in the first loop, one in the second, and one in the third.

Hope that helps.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

Upeots

Dec 26, 2017
Heio, I think I found a bug in the R28d version of the game.
On the second city in campaign mode(not sure if relevant) when ambushing with a basic commander(2 rounds), it works normally.
But after the first action (like slime) after the capture, somehow a second capture starts where you can only press examine and do nothing.
I tested a bit and found R28c does not have the bug but R28d does have it, when using the same save game from version R28

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
A valid team will have:
  • One Chosen with two Core vulnerabilities, one Significant, and one Minor;
  • One Chosen with two Significant vulnerabilities, one Core, and one Minor;
  • One Chosen with two Minor vulnerabilities, one Significant, and one Minor; and
  • Each Vulnerability should be Core once, Significant once, and Minor once across all three Chosen.
So for example if you design custom Chosen A, B, and C with the following:
  • Bonnie has Core Confidence, Significant Dignity and Morality, and Minor Innocence; and
  • Clara has Core Dignity, Significant Innocence, and Minor Confidence and Morality.
That would be a valid team and you would run into Alice, Bonnie, or Clara on Day 1 (and the others during the first loop if they're the only three custom Chosen in your campaign).

If, on the other hand, your custom Chosen are:
  • Donna has Core Confidence and Dignity, Significant Morality, and Minor Innocence;
  • Elizabeth has Core Dignity, Significant Confidence and Innocence, and Minor Morality.
None of these characters can be on the same team (Even though Alice and Donna don't overlap any stats, they both have two Core Vulnerabilities. Alice and Elizabeth share Significant Confidence. Donna and Elizabeth share Core Dignity). In that case you might see Alice, Donna, or Elizabeth on Day 1 or you could see randomly generated Frida or Giselle and see one of your three customs at some point in the first loop, one in the second, and one in the third.

Hope that helps.
This is a nice writeup! The only thing I'd add is that when making a single custom Chosen for campaign mode, the game will outright tell you whether she can fit on the same team as the other custom Chosen you've made so far, in the "valid custom partners" field.
Heio, I think I found a bug in the R28d version of the game.
On the second city in campaign mode(not sure if relevant) when ambushing with a basic commander(2 rounds), it works normally.
But after the first action (like slime) after the capture, somehow a second capture starts where you can only press examine and do nothing.
I tested a bit and found R28c does not have the bug but R28d does have it, when using the same save game from version R28
Thank you for finding this bug! I've uploaded a quick fix that should resolve it.

RickJencans

Mar 11, 2019
I don't believe that the "Vengeful Reconstitution" is working as it should. I buy it and I still don't get an extra turn after the girls free themselves, I can't attack and then surround another girl to keep the chain going? What is the point of this skill then?

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
This is a nice writeup! The only thing I'd add is that when making a single custom Chosen for campaign mode, the game will outright tell you whether she can fit on the same team as the other custom Chosen you've made so far, in the "valid custom partners" field.

Thank you for finding this bug! I've uploaded a quick fix that should resolve it.
Thank you. I meant to add that you're planning to loosen those restrictions in the future (I think?) but forgot. I didn't notice the little text about valid partners but that's super helpful as well.

Name36346

Oct 27, 2021
I don't believe that the "Vengeful Reconstitution" is working as it should. I buy it and I still don't get an extra turn after the girls free themselves, I can't attack and then surround another girl to keep the chain going? What is the point of this skill then?
When all girls are free and everyone is exterminated, it gives you an exactly one turn to get one of girls in bind again and continue battle instead of it being an instant battle end. Girl, of course, should have her openings present already - it doesn't gives you any time for foreplay.

Reactions: Doctor Shark

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
If a Chosen is surrounded after the Evacuation and Extermination meters fill then, when she breaks free, she will take flight and cannot be surrounded or captured (unless you have the Relentlessness Commander upgrade). Normally a battle ends as soon as both meters fill if no Chosen is surrounded.

Vengeful Reconstitution gives you one extra turn instead of the battle ending immediately but it does not allow you to surround flying Chosen.

I don't find VR very useful just because if none of the Chosen are surrounded then you aren't getting any opening levels from Fear but it's not very expensive and is required for better upgrades.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I keep finding new things sorry. I know it's a pain to keep updating.

Weird edge case I discovered while playing around with Name36346's save from https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-28-csdev.63932/page-66#post-7684336

What I'm seeing is that if you get an Aversion Distortion on one or two Chosen at the same time then it works as expected: the Aversion requirement starts at a 10 turn Orgy and ticks down by 1 turn each successful Aversion. However, if you trigger the Aversion Distortion on all three Chosen at the same time then it immediately drops to a 1 turn Orgy requirement.

I was able to replicate this in a new game using cheats to buy upgrades. I don't know if this is intended as a reward for pulling off such a difficult accomplishment or whether it's a bug.

RickJencans

Mar 11, 2019
Okay I'm trying to learn this game, and it's pretty fun, but the guide says things like "if they're strong against fear, they're weak vs hate. That's useful, but how do you determine what type of damage you're dealing? When I do humiliate, then caress, it works differently than caress then humiliate, for example... and it's not all just about multipliers. Even if no multipliers change, different moves do different damage if you do them in a different order. How does this work?? There is still some residual damage from previous moves, but then it's also doing the next move, and how does this stack together? Is it 50/50 one move and the other? Or 33/33/33 or 25/25/25/25 etc? It doesn't seem so easy as this...

My basic question is this - how to predict what my actions are going to do so I can plan accordingly? I know what I "want" to do, but I can't seem to crack level 2 vulnerabilities for example. Getting 10k of the circumstance and then capturing them seems quite impossible, since by the time I can even get close to 10k the monsters have long since been annihilated and the girl will fly when she is released.

phreno

Nov 16, 2018
Is there something that would cause my girls to instantly break out of the pair Sodomy? I have one in a 13 turn Sodomy, and when I go to one of the others(who has a 10+ turn opening as well) and do the pair action they break out instantly. The <10 turn ones don't. Is there some extra barrier I have to overcome while trying to set up the Distortion?

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes