Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
How good is rampage, I usually avoid it? I'm curious is there a use to them, it seems like it just forces you to use them or you basically get destroyed by motivation. I'm struggling to understand why I should try get them? I would assume they have low deviancy so they have high training value? But why would I not just spam like temptation undead or something. Seems like its hard also to even get multiple of them since u got use them or am i misunderstanding idle?

Also what loop do you guys starting having to swap to forsaken? I'm trying to find a usage for forsaken when tomorrow's newspaper is so busted. I'm on Loop 7 and I usually can proc a temptation on like Turn 9. I usually just build up upgrades till day 7 where I get a 5 ee commander then nuke them for 30+ ee on day 8 and then nuke them again for a temptation. (also correct me if I'm wrong but isnt increasing innocence to higher break points just bad since it correlates with deviancy (exp value)

Last edited:

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
How good is rampage, I usually avoid it? I'm curious is there a use to them, it seems like it just forces you to use them or you basically get destroyed by motivation. I'm struggling to understand why I should try get them? I would assume they have low deviancy so they have high training value? But why would I not just spam like temptation undead or something. Seems like its hard also to even get multiple of them since u got use them or am i misunderstanding idle?
If you put them in a position it stops them from losing motivation, you don't have to field them in battle, so if you only have one make them the trainer. As for their use, as long as you don't raise their Disgrace too much they scale throughout each loop due to how their EE Cost/Rep Strength works. Early in the loop you can cheaply field them and they'll be effective, and later in the loop as long as their Disgrace isn't too high you can spend more EE on deploying them to make them stronger. Meanwhile without one you need two Forsaken, one low cost Forsaken for early breaks and one more expensive Forsaken for later breaks/setting up orgies. Obviously that's a gross over simplification, you'll obviously want a lot of Forsaken for attacking different configurations of vulnerabilities at different points in a loop, and you wont want a lot of Rampancy Forsaken, but as long as you know how to manage them they're very effective in the earlier loops when you don't have don't have so few Forsaken that aren't all that well built.

Also what loop do you guys starting having to swap to forsaken? I'm trying to find a usage for forsaken when tomorrow's newspaper is so busted. I'm on Loop 7 and I usually can proc a temptation on like Turn 9. I usually just build up upgrades till day 7 where I get a 5 ee commander then nuke them for 30+ ee on day 8 and then nuke them again for a temptation. (also correct me if I'm wrong but isnt increasing innocence to higher break points just bad since it correlates with deviancy (exp value)
I try to switch into Forsaken as soon as possible, but that's also just a personal thing to force myself to get better with Forsaken as even after all this time I'm only really passable with them. Though really, as long as you're still making sure to build up your Forsaken throughout the loops (such as using the Forsaken you want to build with positions that increase their damage for T4 breaks to do T4 breaks) so that they're ready for when Commanders stop working, there isn't any issue with just using Commanders until getting to that point.

As for Deviancy, ehh it's more of a judgement call than a hard rule. If you want to use the Chosen as a Forsaken to attack Innocence vulnerabilities then higher breaks for Innocence is fine since you'll want them at 35-50 Deviancy anyways for Defilers/Punishers. Though if you don't want to use them to target Innocence then I probably would avoid going past a T2 Break, but if they aren't an Aversion/Rampancy Distortion (and thus cant get Innocence Breaks anyways) a T3 INN Break isn't the end of the world, and if you're desperate for EE doing the T4 Break isn't really bad either as iirc that only puts them in the 50s or 60s for Deviancy which is manageable.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021

I don't like managing rampages myself so I never use them but they can be useful in early I guess or if you get a really bad undead team. As McHuman said you can put them in a punisher position to deal with them. Trainers don't regen stamina so that's kinda pointless but it will stop rampages.

For me the best use of rampage is to get the bonus 100 energy then use that energy to break their innocence or confidence to remove rampage.This is what I do to chosen I decide to sacrifice usually or to get more punisher achievements from undead/animalistic chosen.
Other than that ramapage is one of the easier ones to trigger(espc with inevitability) so you can use ramapage to defeat chosen on the lower days loop( lowest I have gotten is a~ 20 day undead loop) without t4 breaks.

I have reached upto Victory(Loop 10) without using any forsaken once and then realised the use of forsaken because of her. Though you will probably face Splendor to unlock devil chosen but make sure to ready some forsakens for Victory.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, great explanation (as far as I can tell because I haven't tried it out yet).

Follow up question:
What stats matter for a trainer?
If you mean the one that you use in the "Trainer" position--nothing matters there. Currently all Forsaken are equally good at doing the Trainer job. I just put one there that I don't often or ever use for combat, since the position doesn't regenerate stamina.

I like to make use of exactly 1 Rampant Forsaken. My preference is for her to be Undead so that I recoup 90% energy cost when she is deployed from the "Energy Raider" trait. There's a balance of abilities that I use to make her generally useful at each place in a loop--bonuses to Trauma so that she can deal enough damage to get Forsaken into 2EE downtimes, self-buffing Punisher breaks so that when I have lots of EE at the end of a loop she gets significant buffs, which leads to solid damage in the middle of a loop to 2 different stats.

I've never tried to beat Victory (loop 10 or 15) without Forsaken but I'm pretty sure it's possible, though it could be difficult. You'll want some well-trained Forsaken for that fight especially if you want to get a Distortion on her. You'll also want Forsaken when you start going against Devil Chosen (loop 11 or 16 probably). You can't trigger most of their T3 moves without a Forsaken.

Personally I just like using them. Loop 1 I'll get 1 or 2 Forsaken that give a bonus to a Circumstance damage as their Punisher. Loop 3 (I skip Loop 2) I'll use those Punishers to set up the Superior Chosen. So I'll start using Forsaken in the damage-dealing portions of the loop on Loop 4 or 5 (depending on whether I skip Loop 4 or not; I usually do).

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
I am having a hard time inducing hate to my selected chosen. What would be a good strategy to get to the 100G mark? I can clock 1-2 G per engagement. Also how can I verify the current level of hate? I have no idea how close I am.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
I am having a hard time inducing hate to my selected chosen. What would be a good strategy to get to the 100G mark? I can clock 1-2 G per engagement. Also how can I verify the current level of hate? I have no idea how close I am.
If you have portraits with the stats side bar enabled, it will show the level of all traumas and circumstances on the right side of the window. If not when you click on them to attack them in a battle it'll show the breakdown of the levels and damage taken for each trauma and circumstance.

As for a good strategy to get to 100G HATE, kinda depends on the Chosen but I'll have to ask... why? Circumstance damage is irrelevant beyond the level 3 (10,000 damage) requirement for defilers. If you're asking with regards to the T4 Breaks, that's asking for 100G unresolved trauma, circumstance damage is irrelevant for that, so you're look for FEAR damage not HATE damage, also it's unresolved trauma so it's cumulative, you don't need to get 100G in a single fight. As for a strategy, just do orgies, those generate massive amounts of trauma.

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
If you have portraits with the stats side bar enabled, it will show the level of all traumas and circumstances on the right side of the window. If not when you click on them to attack them in a battle it'll show the breakdown of the levels and damage taken for each trauma and circumstance.

As for a good strategy to get to 100G HATE, kinda depends on the Chosen but I'll have to ask... why? Circumstance damage is irrelevant beyond the level 3 (10,000 damage) requirement for defilers. If you're asking with regards to the T4 Breaks, that's asking for 100G unresolved trauma, circumstance damage is irrelevant for that, so you're look for FEAR damage not HATE damage, also it's unresolved trauma so it's cumulative, you don't need to get 100G in a single fight. As for a strategy, just do orgies, those generate massive amounts of trauma.
I am trying to reach T4 for this chosen to progress in achievement. Orgies are out of the question since I do not want to fully break one of them that I have for Temptation.

I am an idiot, I just realized where the unresolved trauma is reported. I am not making progress despite my best effort.

1706048976808.png

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
I am trying to reach T4 for this chosen to progress in achievement. Orgies are out of the question since I do not want to fully break one of them that I have for Temptation.

I am an idiot, I just realized where the unresolved trauma is reported. I am not making progress despite my best effort.

View attachment 3290226

Question, what distortions do you have for all of your Chosen? Cause you can orgy without ruining distortions, as the orgy defiler does not cause any breaks, the only thing that causes a break is the Defiler and Defiler+ action. So if your other 2 Chosen can do a Defiler+ without ruining their distortions, then the Temptation Chosen can join them in an orgy without breaking the Distortion. But yeah, orgies or a very strong command is required to even get close to 100G in a reasonable amount of time.

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
What is the symbolism behind this anyways?

1706052348075.png

I get that it is from clear -> White -> Red... And not sure how characters progress... Can you max this?

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
What is the symbolism behind this anyways?

View attachment 3290314

I get that it is from clear -> White -> Red... And not sure how characters progress... Can you max this?
I want to say the symbols cap out at red highlight all #s, and if not I just haven't seen damage numbers higher than that. As for what the symbols mean, honestly I don't pay that much attention to them, they're just a visual representation of the same damage numbers the game has right next to it.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

EchoEater

Feb 15, 2018
Okay, I've got a weird corner case here. I have a small percentage for male and futanari chosen in my campaign and have male shifting set to be always on. I set a custom character as the bait, forgetting that all their named relations are Superior Chosen (only on loop 2). When I saw that the random male chosen I got was only a childhood friend, I went back to before choosing the new town, and set a character who had a random mother who was also a chosen as bait and got this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A female chosen who used to be male (they showed up with a Morality Break so that's a pretty cool detail that's internally consistent) who has children despite being a virgin (they could have adopted, but it still feels a bit weird, especially since she is stated to be enjoying new ways of having fun with a female body and is getting gangbanged on the regular). Additionally, despite being female, they don't have a bust size in their stats but do have a listed penis size. They also have thoughts on a hypothetical penis which mainly bothers me because I feel like it would make more sense for it to be "Attitude toward their lost penis" or "Attitude toward regaining their penis" or something like that.

So yeah, a really weird set of circumstances that came together. I'm more than happy to provide the save file if requested if it could help if the cause needs tracking down.

Last edited:

EchoEater

Feb 15, 2018
Two small suggestions:
1. It would be nice if you could set whether or not you wanted a Chosen's virginity to be preserved before you got psychic reading. I know it wouldn't come up that often but it just did for me thanks to a low cost Forsaken.

2. If male chosen can spawn, a setting to allow chosen to also potentially have fathers who are chosen.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Huh thats interesting. I dont even see how you could force create a chosen was male that is currently female. Does male shifting force it or something

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Two small suggestions:
1. It would be nice if you could set whether or not you wanted a Chosen's virginity to be preserved before you got psychic reading. I know it wouldn't come up that often but it just did for me thanks to a low cost Forsaken.

2. If male chosen can spawn, a setting to allow chosen to also potentially have fathers who are chosen.
I'm not sure if changing the setting would take effect mid-campaign, but if you go into settings and change the default treatment of virginity from taking it to preserving it, that might work to get around not having psychic reading yet (but again, not sure if changing that setting effects in progress campaigns).

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
What determines relationships between the chosen and the forsaken? Some are relatives, that is straightforward but others are childhood friends etc.. Is there a limit to how many there can be? Should I try to send each forsaken to each chosen one by one to determine this?

Moreover how can you induce bonding between forsaken and chosen? Sending Ambassadors seem to be futile even if the chosen is corrupted. The only exception is if they had some sort of a relationship prior to meeting as chosen and forsaken.

Are there plans to introduce game mechanics to mend rifts between forsaken? You cannot even force anything between them even when you can force them to do pretty much anything else with effort.

Reactions: wtfisthisname

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
What determines relationships between the chosen and the forsaken? Some are relatives, that is straightforward but others are childhood friends etc.. Is there a limit to how many there can be? Should I try to send each forsaken to each chosen one by one to determine this?
Family relationships between Chosen are generated along with the Chosen as far as I know. A chosen will generate with a possible number of mothers, siblings, etc. If a Chosen x has a mother y that has a mother z, z will show as x's grandmother, and this relationship holds for various levels (aunt, cousin) before devolving to "distant relative". As far as I know families are generated at campaign start. If the game needs to generate a relationship for someone whose actually related Chosen are all already created, it will make a "childhood friend" relationship with one of the new Chosen.

Moreover how can you induce bonding between forsaken and chosen? Sending Ambassadors seem to be futile even if the chosen is corrupted. The only exception is if they had some sort of a relationship prior to meeting as chosen and forsaken.
Instill Fixation training does this, I believe, but I'm honestly not sure if it's two-way or just one-way as implied. It causes a Forsaken to become obsessed with all 3 Chosen in the current loop (if used before the loop is complete). I've not experimented with it much because current mechanics reward making them hate each other just in case a Forsaken needs to be sacrificed. Also the cost in Deviancy is high since it's the only 150% Training action it'll always raise Deviancy which doesn't really have an upside (higher Deviancy only makes it more difficult to change Corruption stats through training and makes training actions grant less Expertise).

Are there plans to introduce game mechanics to mend rifts between forsaken? You cannot even force anything between them even when you can force them to do pretty much anything else with effort.
No such plans have been announced, so your guess is as good as mine.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes