wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
My experience with forsaken consists of me getting a full team aversion, recruiting 3 forsaken, seeing that each cost more than 100 EE to deploy, and going "yeah, no."
I haven't gotten to use them yet, do all of them cost that much or only the really powerful ones? If only the really powerful ones it might be good to have some cheaper ones, and then late game you can use the stronger ones.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
Also I thought I remember hearing somewhere the game has an auto update feature now? I could be mistaken, but if so how do you use it?

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I haven't gotten to use them yet, do all of them cost that much or only the really powerful ones? If only the really powerful ones it might be good to have some cheaper ones, and then late game you can use the stronger ones.
I didn't do anything special to mine, I was just trying to capture them all and clear the game and they were like 44-90 cost. So even the ones I probably fucked up were absurd enough that they can't really be used early/mid game and even probably a waste for most of end game. I don't know how useful they are but the cost seems nuts. They might be needed for like super high loops with the scaling difficulty or something, but I was pretty sad I couldn't use them really in the 2nd loop.

Started another fresh run anyways before I could see what they were like late game and then got stuck on something that might be a bug anyways lol. The 2nd loop and above stuff doesn't feel all that appealing to me, I'd rather just restart and make a fresh game so far. Maybe I'm missing something but the 2nd city doesn't really add anything fun since we can't use the forsaken really. They seem pretty underwhelming to me. I thought they'd allow different kinds of playstyles right off the bat and some new shit to play with. They have training that wastes days and they're too expensive to use most the time...So they just seem like a drain so far without any really noticeable benefit until maybe late game?

Last edited:

guy231

Aug 4, 2017
I didn't do anything special to mine, I was just trying to capture them all and clear the game and they were like 44-90 cost. So even the ones I probably fucked up were absurd enough that they can't really be used early/mid game and even probably a waste for most of end game. I don't know how useful they are but the cost seems nuts. They might be needed for like super high loops with the scaling difficulty or something, but I was pretty sad I couldn't use them really in the 2nd loop.

Started another fresh run anyways before I could see what they were like late game and then got stuck on something that might be a bug anyways lol. The 2nd loop and above stuff doesn't feel all that appealing to me, I'd rather just restart and make a fresh game so far. Maybe I'm missing something but the 2nd city doesn't really add anything fun since we can't use the forsaken really. They seem pretty underwhelming to me. I thought they'd allow different kinds of playstyles right off the bat and some new shit to play with. They have training that wastes days and they're too expensive to use most the time...So they just seem like a drain so far without any really noticeable benefit until maybe late game?
A forsaken with around 70% disgrace costs 9-10 EE to deploy, but will be much weaker than a forsaken with lower disgrace. Forsaken can require planning ahead to create but can be extremely powerful. I have found that generally it is easier to use forsaken if you plan them out during the campaign, and then use training to make small changes to corruption and to give them more experience. Making large corruption changes to forsaken without mindbreaking them is something I have had a lot of difficulty with. For example, if you use the tempt aversion on a chosen with dignity/innocence cores, you might only end up with a forsaken with around 50% corruption in each of those stats, and it can be hard to train them higher without runing the forsaken. If you tempt a forsaken with dignity/innocence minors, however, they can start out with 65-70% corruption. Tempting a chosen with dignity minor and confidence core is something I really like to do, because you end up with a really cheap cost forsaken that regens stamina very quickly and is useful to inflict pleasure/exposure in the early game. Aversion forsaken are the opposite, they usually hit like trucks but their stamina regens very slowly and they cost a lot to use.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
A forsaken with around 70% disgrace costs 9-10 EE to deploy, but will be much weaker than a forsaken with lower disgrace. Forsaken can require planning ahead to create but can be extremely powerful. I have found that generally it is easier to use forsaken if you plan them out during the campaign, and then use training to make small changes to corruption and to give them more experience. Making large corruption changes to forsaken without mindbreaking them is something I have had a lot of difficulty with. For example, if you use the tempt aversion on a chosen with dignity/innocence cores, you might only end up with a forsaken with around 50% corruption in each of those stats, and it can be hard to train them higher without runing the forsaken. If you tempt a forsaken with dignity/innocence minors, however, they can start out with 65-70% corruption. Tempting a chosen with dignity minor and confidence core is something I really like to do, because you end up with a really cheap cost forsaken that regens stamina very quickly and is useful to inflict pleasure/exposure in the early game. Aversion forsaken are the opposite, they usually hit like trucks but their stamina regens very slowly and they cost a lot to use.
Can you give some general training advice? I haven’t read the training guide but I plan to, but any info it doesn’t cover that can be explained?

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
Ohhh I see now! ty for the screenshots I can see what's what now.

The reason why light only has 1% resolve damage is from the "attack +" that's unlocked but the reason why the other chosen on the team has 4% is threaten +/impregnation break affects the other chosen on the team, not the chosen that you impregnated.

So when you impregnate Fairy, Light will have the resolve damage from threaten + like the others, and at the same time Reaper's resolve damage will increase again from threaten + since both of her teammates are now impregnated
sorry I’m late to respond to this, but why do some of my chosen have two categories of resolve that can be broken while light only has one? They all have at least one tier 4 break.

Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
sorry I’m late to respond to this, but why do some of my chosen have two categories of resolve that can be broken while light only has one? They all have at least one tier 4 break.
No worries! If things are still based on your screenshots then the reason is that t4 morality breaks affect the resolve damage of the other chosen on the team

Since you have all the upgrades unlocked including "Attack +" thats the 1% damage youre seeing Light

"Threaten +" on the other hand affects the other two chosen besides the chosen you impregnated
ie. Since Light is impregnated, Fairy and Reaper will take Resolve damage from threaten +, not Light.

If Fairy was the one impregnated though, Light and Reaper would take resolve damage from threaten + instead.

tl;dr Light's impregnation is why, it wont affect her personally, but it affects her teammates and that's what you're seeing besides the Attack + one

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Can you give some general training advice? I haven’t read the training guide but I plan to, but any info it doesn’t cover that can be explained?
One personal tip I would give to anyone playing campaign mode is on the first loop to try and t4 dignity break the chosen that has dignity as her minor vulnerability, if you do so and convert her to an forsaken she will have a really high disgrace (around the 65+ range) and from there, try to get her to a two damage fighting style like Wild (INJU/EXPO). if you're lucky she might come with that style already, otherwise train INJU and EXPO expertise on her as much as you can. Like guy231 said forsaken around 70% you'll get some low cost forsaken and for me that is really beneficial since you have an 4+ commander with decent damage as early as day 10 or sooner if you conserve EE in preparation of using the forsaken instead of early game upgrades.

Another thing for distortion forsaken, especially tempted forsaken, is try to promote a friendship with them and one or two of their teammates, this way you can train them without breaking them, or in tempted forsaken case, losing their bonus since they'll be more accepting in consideration for their friends. Its one of the reasons why I don't view positive relationship between chosen a bad thing like when I initially played the game, have to be more careful about who you sacrifice tho

Reactions: BerglorMan94

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Hearing your advice about tempting chosen with dignity minor and confidence core is really helpful! I've always wanted to do more with my tempted forsaken so I want to try this out myself ty! :D

Reactions: BerglorMan94

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
One personal tip I would give to anyone playing campaign mode is on the first loop to try and t4 dignity break the chosen that has dignity as her minor vulnerability, if you do so and convert her to an forsaken she will have a really high disgrace (around the 65+ range) and from there, try to get her to a two damage fighting style like Wild (INJU/EXPO). if you're lucky she might come with that style already, otherwise train INJU and EXPO expertise on her as much as you can. Like guy231 said forsaken around 70% you'll get some low cost forsaken and for me that is really beneficial since you have an 4+ commander with decent damage as early as day 10 or sooner if you conserve EE in preparation of using the forsaken instead of early game upgrades.

Another thing for distortion forsaken, especially tempted forsaken, is try to promote a friendship with them and one or two of their teammates, this way you can train them without breaking them, or in tempted forsaken case, losing their bonus since they'll be more accepting in consideration for their friends. Its one of the reasons why I don't view positive relationship between chosen a bad thing like when I initially played the game, have to be more careful about who you sacrifice tho
I apologize for asking so many questions, but the training guide didn’t seem to cover everything. When you say break them, what do you mean? Also, I’ve noticed when messing around in cheat mode to just get a feel for what training is like that no matter what I tried I couldn’t quite get anyone to high hostility or any of the other corruption values really high (I know higher isn’t better necessarily, I just wanted to try).
I’m still not sure I really fully get the training process. Definitely needs a comprehensive tutorial at somepoint.

guy231

Aug 4, 2017
Hearing your advice about tempting chosen with dignity minor and confidence core is really helpful! I've always wanted to do more with my tempted forsaken so I want to try this out myself ty! :D
Do you know what the obedience bonus for having a chosen with a friend is? I'm trying to figure out exactly how much deviancy I can give a tempted forsaken and still get them to learn the tempt defiler action.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Do you know what the obedience bonus for having a chosen with a friend is? I'm trying to figure out exactly how much deviancy I can give a tempted forsaken and still get them to learn the tempt defiler action.
It varies from how well you're treating their friends and their relationship beforehand, When they're at unbreakable friendship and just captured its 20+ obedience bonus per friend, if you treat their friend well that increases and if you treat their friend awful then it gives an obedience bonus because they want you to spare them, I need to go back to my other saves and see the max it will go but I know that sacrifcing their friend gives you -99 obedience debuff or something close to that range

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I apologize for asking so many questions, but the training guide didn’t seem to cover everything. When you say break them, what do you mean? Also, I’ve noticed when messing around in cheat mode to just get a feel for what training is like that no matter what I tried I couldn’t quite get anyone to high hostility or any of the other corruption values really high (I know higher isn’t better necessarily, I just wanted to try).
I’m still not sure I really fully get the training process. Definitely needs a comprehensive tutorial at somepoint.
No worries! I agree the training guide doesn't cover everything so I'm happy to share what I know from experience, maybe after I have some free time after working on the art pack and my mod I will try to make a forsaken training tutorial with some saves to help out

When I mean break them I mean like getting their vulnerability to the next tier when they were chosen,
ie. Inseminating a chosen for the first time is breaking their t2 morality, Broadcasting the chosen for the first time is breaking their t2 dignity, hypnotizing the chosen is breaking their t4 innocence, those sorts of things you do through your battle against them

If you want someone to have high hostility, you can get them at a high starting point if you break that chosen's t4 morality (break all their morality vulnerabilities, get them to do violence-t1, inseminate them-t2,get them to slaughter-t3,impregnate them-t4)
and the second thing is try to do this to a chosen who has morality as a minor vulnerability, this will guarantee some high values corruption values when they become a forsaken,

the same process can be used for the other corruption values like Obedience, Dignity, Deviancy, and their vulnerability counterparts Confidence, Disgrace, Innocence

From actual training, it may sound redundant but try to do actions that raise hostility only pick hostility based actions if you can, doing the last tier of training actions (the one's that gives the forsaken their defiler abilities) usually gives an high amount from the first action, but the third tier of training actions can do this pretty well also

Each training action you do has value attached to it like the Force Orgasm training action (70% Deviancy 60% Obedience)
If that value is way higher than the forsaken's corruption it usually increases that forsaken't corruption otherwise, doing other training actions that raise deviancy after forces orgasm will add on top of that 70% Deviancy, you can see all this in training menus where it says
"Current Intensity/Current Corruption"

Basically, raise the current intensity higher than the current corruption and you will typically raise their corruption values

Last edited:

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
I also ran into a situation where my Forsaken ran out of motivation to do anything and training them became impossible. Systems a little complex compared to the demon comanders tbh, who you just throw into a fight and they do ridiculous multipliers from the start.

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
Forsaken system is extremely repetitive, boring and slow, so I just kind of ignore it until it gets better.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Game could probably use a glossary at this point, that would help clear up some shit. Especially with all the new terms being added.

Reactions: tneer2

guy231

Aug 4, 2017
One thing about training is that it's much easier to use as something to round out a chosen that you made in campaign to be a specific way, rather than training a forsaken from scratch. For example, here is a forsaken I ended up with a while back:
Capture.PNG
You might think that this is a great result, but there's some issues:
1. This tempted chosen has no friend. Because of this, even if you raise her obedience to 39%, she can't learn the tempt defiler actions.
2. Deviancy is so high it's actually not possible for this chosen to be trained to increase her obedience or disgrace high enough to make up for the low obedience even if you could fight every single training action into one session.

So while this forsaken seems great, because of decisions made during the campaign it's actually not possible to train her to learn the special defiler actions. It's important to plan out your chosen during the campaign to end up with forsaken that are close to what you want, and then train them to round out rough spots. It's often not possible or at least not practical to train a forsaken into anything you want from scratch.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I know people have done early game guides before but it seems like there's an influx of new players so I figured I would start doing a day-by-day. I only had time to do through Day 3 for now but I'll try to add on when there's time if this sort of thing is helpful.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jun 24, 2017
Is Tempting bugged in the latest release? I have a Chosen who supposedly I should be able to Tempt, but I can't get it to trigger. Look at Paladin in this save. Also, I haven't tickled/sodomized her, but if I use a Suppressor/Defiler she detonates. Is confidence secretly broken on her or something?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Is Tempting bugged in the latest release? I have a Chosen who supposedly I should be able to Tempt, but I can't get it to trigger. Look at Paladin in this save. Also, I haven't tickled/sodomized her, but if I use a Suppressor/Defiler she detonates. Is confidence secretly broken on her or something?
EDIT: CSDev just sent a message after looking at your save and telling me the issue I had with tempted chosen was dealt with some time ago so disregard this post if you've read this lmao

I looked at your save and it looks like Paladin reached her angst requirements for PAIN at some point so you're right her t3 confidence is broken and now ready to break with commanders this kind of thing is something that's been the case for temptation ever since it was introduced but honestly its the only distortion that doesn't lock out forbidden t3 breaks (morality/confidence) like its supposed to, I sent message to CSDev on subscribestar about this and I'll let you know if this is intended or not

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 54 Votes