1651444029456.png
Fury:
1651444510308.png

What I'm supposed to do?
Thanks btw, I never got so far

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Man as much as I like the game, I really can't recommend it to new players in its current state. One of the main culprits being how easy it is to break T1 vulns when T2, T3, T4 all require specific actions. T1 just breaking whenever it feels like makes shit so inconsistent and obnoxious. I feel like it should really only happen at exactly 10k or whatever number. For a game that's all about controlling numbers, leaving that up to some invisible force was an odd choice. It's not like you can't cancel a surround/capture early by retreating.

A game shouldn't be balanced around needing to savescum and reroll starting characters to be consistently successful. Not only because it's annoying, but new players won't realize that and will think the game is just completely fucked if they have poor rng. It's not something previous experience with games like this would warn you about. I've had times where there's really no good girl to focus on and I know it would have been a waste to try to play that team. A new player doesn't have that luxury. I'm not sure how to fix that because of the girl rng creating difficulties sometimes other than rebalancing some of the team options.

The tutorial doesn't really help at all, I just ran through it again and it basically teaches you to play wrong. Tutorial seems to think using single Suppressor commanders is a good idea lol. The tutorial does make more sense now that I've had a dozen questions about the game answered for me outside of the game and actually understand all the terms and shit, but I can say from the perspective of a new player, it's pretty terrible atm. It's designed for people that already understand all the game terms and the gameplay loop basically. No wonder I didn't pick up a bunch of shit from it when I first started. I think I read the dev knows about new players being overwhelmed with info at the start, so hopefully they're already working on shit to help with that. I immediately ran the tutorial and read the guide before I started the campaign and could understand like 50% of the shit mentioned without experience with the game and a bunch of additional questions answered here by other players. The missing half will completely fuck new players.

I know as a game dev that understands how everything in the game works it can be difficult to see your game from the perspective of a new player and all, so I hope the dev can figure out how to explain the systems better to new players. Right now the tutorial and a lot of shit sets up players to create bad strategies and to not be able to understand why sometimes shit works and sometimes it doesn't. I think one of the major things that needs to be explained is exactly what all the traumas do. The circumstance multipliers should straight up be shown in the tutorial, not the guide. It's too important to be left so vague. I remember also not understanding the trauma levels just from the tutorial. Fear is explained properly in the tutorial, but the others aren't for some reason.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

like I'm 27 days in, with this:
View attachment 1787884
Fury:
View attachment 1787897

What I'm supposed to do?
One of the biggest mid game boosts imo is getting Networked Consciousness. Skill table here, the prereqs for it are Dominance and Casual Projection. I recommend trying to have it at least before day 25. It's a free turn on every surround that is the first upgrade to allow you to really reliably train multiple girls at the same time. Your second and third girl can be immediately captured and grinded and then exo damaged to massively improve the multipliers of your main girl and allow them to also continue being surrounded after their capture ends.

You're also breaking minors on a girl before her core/significant vulns, which is a common issue for newer players. That's not your fault given the tutorial and how easy T1's are to break, but yeah. I don't know the vulns of your other girls or how that game started, so it's difficult to recommend what you could have done better. Back here I kind of gave an example of how to play through a certain comp and when you might want to reroll your girls. Breaking minor T1's isn't the end of the world, but you should try to break T2-T3-T4 Cores/Sigs vulns before minors.

If you post the starts of all your girls right at the start, we could probably give you a viable strategy for them (Unless the team just sucks).

Last edited:
Reactions: Solsurvivor

Sublop

Dec 5, 2018
Is there a way to unlock cheats in the newest version? I just want to play around with the newest features right now, not go through re-unlocking everything.

guy231

Aug 4, 2017
Is there a way to unlock cheats in the newest version? I just want to play around with the newest features right now, not go through re-unlocking everything.
Go to the options menu and hit the "c" key.
like I'm 27 days in, with this:
View attachment 1787884
Fury:
View attachment 1787897

What I'm supposed to do?
If you go to your save file and export it, and upload it here, I can give you a strategy for your team. It's good that you got farther, but I would generally suggest breaking the girls core vulnerabilities before minors. Also, once you have broken T1 on one girl, try and switch to breaking T1 on the other girls before you move on. The more vulnerabilities you break the more EE you get, but the girls also get better and better moves. If you break too many vulnerabilities before you increase the girl's angst to a high level, you can end up in a position where you aren't earning enough EE to keep upgrading, and you'll stop being able to beat the girls. For example, I always try and make sure I have the girls ready to make 15 EE per turn once I break their tier 3's, because the powers they get when you break those will screw you over very hard unless you are able to bring a good commander.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
Noticed something odd, I have two chosen with both their T3 Confidence breaks all set up to pop when grabbed by a commander, so I'm taking a suppressor with multiple grabs and targeting the third chosen, thinking I'll work on her a bit for some trauma, then nab the other two when they show up right after each other before they can trigger detonate and nix all my charges. But as soon as I grab the first one who's ready to break, all my other capture charges instantly vanish, even though she hasn't triggered detonate. At first I just thought I forgot to buy a second capture, so I reloaded and brought four captures. Once again as soon as I grabbed the first chosen who was prepped to break, all the capture charges go poof and I can't grab the second, even though the first one I nabbed hasn't triggered detonate or even started charging it yet.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I have a bug with the negotiation distortion, my team is not at 1.0G angst yet but I can still use the negotiation distortion. Anyone know if it's something else? Save is the one called "negotiation".
I sent CSDev your message as well as the save and they've just uploaded the bugfix so the requirements are what they should be. Ty for posting this! Honestly I wasn't able to see the distortion on my own save until I saw yours and realized the guide had an error, CSDev also fixed the error in the written guide
so if anyone read the guide about the new distortion "violence" or t1 morality is okay to break, not t1 dignity.

here's the link for the bugfix as well:

guy231

Aug 4, 2017
Noticed something odd, I have two chosen with both their T3 Confidence breaks all set up to pop when grabbed by a commander, so I'm taking a suppressor with multiple grabs and targeting the third chosen, thinking I'll work on her a bit for some trauma, then nab the other two when they show up right after each other before they can trigger detonate and nix all my charges. But as soon as I grab the first one who's ready to break, all my other capture charges instantly vanish, even though she hasn't triggered detonate. At first I just thought I forgot to buy a second capture, so I reloaded and brought four captures. Once again as soon as I grabbed the first chosen who was prepped to break, all the capture charges go poof and I can't grab the second, even though the first one I nabbed hasn't triggered detonate or even started charging it yet.
If you are using a commander with suppressor/defiler/punisher upgrades, you can't capture again until the capture runs out on one of the chosen, since your body is busy messing with her. With the normal commander they end up surrounded by goons, so you can keep using it.
I sent CSDev your message as well as the save and they've just uploaded the bugfix so the requirements are what they should be. Ty for posting this! Honestly I wasn't able to see the distortion on my own save until I saw yours and realized the guide had an error, CSDev also fixed the error in the written guide
so if anyone read the guide about the new distortion "violence" or t1 morality is okay to break, not t1 dignity.

here's the link for the bugfix as well:
Mega
I was just about to comment on the official site about the guide, I'm glad you caught that. I changed my own guide when I noticed it was different than the website cause I check it for reference and it kept messing me up.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
All I can think of immediately that isn't a bug is that there are also T3 breaks that can give girls skills to reduce the amount of surround turns of their allies and destroy your capture count. Do your other girls have T3 Morality breaks? "Slaughter" is the skill to watch out for for surround turn reduction. I forget what the skill is called that destroys capture limits. Here's Slaughter fucking up surrounds:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you though.

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I think I follow what you're saying, I know that if a chosen's INJU is high enough they will detonate instantly, but from what you're saying it might be a bug, if you still have the save could you upload here so I can double check?

guy231

Aug 4, 2017
A quick question about forsaken for anyone that knows. Say I'm making an aversion distortion chosen. Is it better to distort someone with MOR/CON cores or not? Does it have any effect on the corruption values or damage output of the forsaken?

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
I think I follow what you're saying, I know that if a chosen's INJU is high enough they will detonate instantly, but from what you're saying it might be a bug, if you still have the save could you upload here so I can double check?
Ah, no need, I tried again and it worked. I must have seen the button disappear and forgot I needed to wait for her to actually pop before it came back or something.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Y'know, I'd really like an option to unlock Cheating from the beginning, so I don't need to go through 40 days of skipping just to rewind time when the girls kick my ass. Cheats on the Campaign mode would be pretty good too.

I really just want to get the Meguca as Forsaken so I can use them on the Yuusha, but it's kind of a pain to redo it every update.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Y'know, I'd really like an option to unlock Cheating from the beginning, so I don't need to go through 40 days of skipping just to rewind time when the girls kick my ass. Cheats on the Campaign mode would be pretty good too.

I really just want to get the Meguca as Forsaken so I can use them on the Yuusha, but it's kind of a pain to redo it every update.
Go to the options menu and hit the "c" key.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Early game it’s about 200+ angst to get the first threshold of 1+ EE, from there on it varies on how far along they are with their vulnerabilty breaks and relationship with the other chosen.
The guide says it's 200 of one type of unresolved trauma needed, not 200 total angst and that matches my gameplay experience.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018

You can. Go to options and press c

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
So how the hell do you make a fallen commander anywhere near comparable to a demon commander just content wise? They can't even rape.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
A quick question about forsaken for anyone that knows. Say I'm making an aversion distortion chosen. Is it better to distort someone with MOR/CON cores or not? Does it have any effect on the corruption values or damage output of the forsaken?
I may be late to this but distortion doesn’t really affect corruption values (except the newest one, negotiation) or damage output

but being a core/minor/significant value and how many vulnerability breaks you’ve done to them does affect the respective corruption value

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
So how the hell do you make a fallen commander anywhere near comparable to a demon commander just content wise? They can't even rape.
Expertise increases damage output and the bonus for distortions and superior chosen outweigh the demon commanders in many ways, also being able to capture as many times as you want is +

and a few updates ago forsaken can be trained to defiler actions with some unique perks and even defiler abilities that demon commanders don’t have like the ability to tempt

subli

Jul 30, 2020
My experience with forsaken consists of me getting a full team aversion, recruiting 3 forsaken, seeing that each cost more than 100 EE to deploy, and going "yeah, no."

Reactions: FruitSmoothie
3.80 star(s) 54 Votes