Nov 9, 2022
To CSDev, and anyone else who's managed to produce character portraits for this game:

What's the trick to generating a set of different expressions and/or poses for the same character?

[snip]
As CSDev said, I've heard good things about inpainting, but only found the need to use it for one portrait in Patience.
Keeping the same seed while only changing the specifics of the prompt for the expression worked pretty much fine for me.

The portraits from Patience all have the metadata intact, so you can load those up and look at the prompts I used for various expressions, although like... the first half were made with NovelAI, and the second half with A1111, so they're a little different.

If you'd rather do it the easy way, you can download ComfyUI, and just use this workflow to generate the complete portrait set from your first image. It's a little rough, and out of date, but I don't have my refined version at the moment. I'll post that... Soon

Last edited:
Reactions: BigCut

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, I appreciate the very helpful reply. I love this game and want to fight superior species and bosses but everything after Loop 1 is mind boggling to me so I'm doing my best to learn more.

Should I be always trying to get one Tempt or Rampant in L1 so that I have a breaker for L2 or is that less important than high quality Forsaken?
Loop 2 isn't that much harder than Loop 1. It's fine to not have any Forsaken ready to go in Loop 2 and just use what you learned from your first Loop. It's also fine to try out a Forsaken to see what to expect. You'll get best results from one costing somewhere between 4-10 EE and hitting one Circumstance.

Reactions: Doctor Shark

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Is Undead Dignity break not implemented or what? I have done EVERYTHING but she still refuses to use her version of striptease!
It's definitely implemented but the circumstances they use it are different. I don't have direct knowledge of this from the code but my experience tells me they use it when they have EXPO level 2 (above 1000) and that they're more likely to use it when allies are taking damage. So treat them like you're building up for a big Orgy and then leave the Undead alone for a round or two with level 2 or higher EXPO. You might reduce her likelihood of using other Tactics by keeping those Circumstances somewhat low on the Undead.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
I don't know if it's the game or my computer since I recently got a computer with a higher resolution, but are the portraits super pixelated for anyone else? This is specifically in game, the portrait files themselves are fine.

anonimus_bell

Jul 18, 2019
It's definitely implemented but the circumstances they use it are different. I don't have direct knowledge of this from the code but my experience tells me they use it when they have EXPO level 2 (above 1000) and that they're more likely to use it when allies are taking damage. So treat them like you're building up for a big Orgy and then leave the Undead alone for a round or two with level 2 or higher EXPO. You might reduce her likelihood of using other Tactics by keeping those Circumstances somewhat low on the Undead.
I've done that already! She just uses distract instead!

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I've done that already! She just uses distract instead!
Try leaving her alone and instead deal a lot of expo damage to other chosen instead. In my latest loop the undead decided to do it without any damage from me. Brought the expo punisher to 1000% in a single battle.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
So I have to admit I think I spoke too soon about Megalomaniac being "easy" to trigger. Considering that for maximum benifit you have to do multiple second in commands and have to leave the previous one( Which could have quite possibly been one of your better forsaken), I would say it is more balanced than I thought. Especially in long term as the loops get harder. Now that I want to get an Angelic forsaken as second in command since I have found the "Main" Undead forsaken I wanna use, I actually have to play carefully in order to trigger megalomaniac on her because of the Hate/Plea/Expo T3 actions of Angels.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
There is something weird happening with my current save:
I have 2 in negotiation path, and another about to trigger level 3 inseminate
Im placing all 3 in an orgy so I can level hypnosis as fast as I can and... the morality breaks in a chosen, it assaults one of the negotiation ones and... IT COUNTS AS HAVING BEEN INSEMINATED BREAKING THE DISTORTION!

It was driving me nuts trying to understand why the distortion was getting broken

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
Started off, and just keeping the seed makes this stuff easy.
I'm using 2 Adetailers for the faces, yolov8n and mediapipe.
The fact that I never made this connection myself is shameful.

00003-(Masterwork,_High_Quality)_80's_anime_superhero_girl_portrait,_(sad),_green_braided_hair...png

Going for an "armored hero" look, for like a Chosen or a Rampage Forsaken or something.

00013-(Masterwork,_High_Quality)_80's_anime_superhero_girl_portrait,_(fear),_green_braided_hai...png

Last edited:

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
There is something weird happening with my current save:
I have 2 in negotiation path, and another about to trigger level 3 inseminate
Im placing all 3 in an orgy so I can level hypnosis as fast as I can and... the morality breaks in a chosen, it assaults one of the negotiation ones and... IT COUNTS AS HAVING BEEN INSEMINATED BREAKING THE DISTORTION!

It was driving me nuts trying to understand why the distortion was getting broken
No, that's normal behavior assuming the T3 break in MOR is on the Chosen with Core Morality. You'll need to actually activate the Negotiation distortion first on whichever has minor MOR to avoid this as it's been part of the game since T3 breaks were introduced, even before Distortions. If you do, you'll see an alternate version of the same scene, where things don't quite go so well for the attempted rapist.

So, that means--don't let the one that's got Core MOR do that T3 break. You must keep her surrounded at all times where she might decide to activate it.

On with the current game:

Loop 21 is kind of too boring for a play-by-play. Superior/Animalistic/Devil, without any of them adding very much in terms of new Punishers to my team. Going to make use of the fact that Temptation clears so much Trauma to get the Superior/Animalistic both Tempted, have them at essentially no Trauma, then start an Orgy to break everything before I Tempt the Devil.

Edit: Of course, they won't actually clear their Trauma until the Orgy. I always forget about the Castigation ability. CSdev I should note that there's no Castigation text for the Chosen that were Tempted but unable to do it because of the Devil, unlike the other times that this happens.

But this should be perfectly winnable anyway.

Last edited:

anonimus_bell

Jul 18, 2019
How late in the Loop is it? How many days left to go? A surprising thing that I found out when I was interested in this is that they're less likely to use it later in the loop.
It's actually in custom not campaign, As for the days i'm already past day 50 in my attempts to make her use it. She also done the other sinful actions after day 50, it's just the exposure one she dosen't do.
Try leaving her alone and instead deal a lot of expo damage to other chosen instead. In my latest loop the undead decided to do it without any damage from me. Brought the expo punisher to 1000% in a single battle.
I did that too.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
No, that's normal behavior assuming the T3 break in MOR is on the Chosen with Core Morality. You'll need to actually activate the Negotiation distortion first on whichever has minor MOR to avoid this as it's been part of the game since T3 breaks were introduced, even before Distortions. If you do, you'll see an alternate version of the same scene, where things don't quite go so well for the attempted rapist.

So, that means--don't let the one that's got Core MOR do that T3 break. You must keep her surrounded at all times where she might decide to activate it.

On with the current game:

Loop 21 is kind of too boring for a play-by-play. Superior/Animalistic/Devil, without any of them adding very much in terms of new Punishers to my team. Going to make use of the fact that Temptation clears so much Trauma to get the Superior/Animalistic both Tempted, have them at essentially no Trauma, then start an Orgy to break everything before I Tempt the Devil.

Edit: Of course, they won't actually clear their Trauma until the Orgy. I always forget about the Castigation ability. CSdev I should note that there's no Castigation text for the Chosen that were Tempted but unable to do it because of the Devil, unlike the other times that this happens.

But this should be perfectly winnable anyway.
I just discovered the same chosen is Detonating without his level 2 break because I got him to enought for a t3 break
Is this also normal?

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually in custom not campaign, As for the days i'm already past day 50 in my attempts to make her use it. She also done the other sinful actions after day 50, it's just the exposure one she dosen't do.
Ah so in that case she might not. That is something for CSdev to maybe look at because I think I remember a multiplier for their weight to do this action being final day/current day, or something like that. So if it's past the official end date there would be very little or no willingness to do this action.

So I have to admit I think I spoke too soon about Megalomaniac being "easy" to trigger. Considering that for maximum benifit you have to do multiple second in commands and have to leave the previous one( Which could have quite possibly been one of your better forsaken), I would say it is more balanced than I thought. Especially in long term as the loops get harder. Now that I want to get an Angelic forsaken as second in command since I have found the "Main" Undead forsaken I wanna use, I actually have to play carefully in order to trigger megalomaniac on her because of the Hate/Plea/Expo T3 actions of Angels.
Yeah, in early Loops, it's not getting breaks that's a bit hard--by later loops, getting the breaks is pretty much just as difficult, especially getting two T3 breaks, which you don't have to do for the other Distortions.

-----

Anyway, I've had a rousing success on the Temptation full ANGST clear in Loop 21:

Code:
Moppet:
-5.16G ANGST, -1.15G FEAR, -2.49G DISG, -473M PAIN, -1.04G SHAM (action resolves 40.0G ANGST, extra ANGST resolution converted to trauma resolution)
Total unresolved trauma: 0FEAR +0DISG +0PAIN +0SHAM = 0 added ANGST
Total ANGST: 0

Sphinx:
-1.54G ANGST, -227M FEAR, -617M DISG, -290M PAIN, -422M SHAM (action resolves 40.0G ANGST, extra ANGST resolution converted to trauma resolution)

Idol:
-2.59G ANGST, -528M FEAR, -913M DISG, -519M PAIN, -636M SHAM (action resolves 40.0G ANGST, extra ANGST resolution converted to trauma resolution)

+45 Evil Energy
So now I can do a really big Orgy since Idol has no damage resistance any more. Well, as soon as I can get Sphinx's to a weakness to PLEA or EXPO, anyway.

Last edited:

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I just discovered the same chosen is Detonating without his level 2 break because I got him to enought for a t3 break
Is this also normal?
Yep, this is why I usually trigger some distortions directly after getting an orgy. Even without having any breaks they can do the t3 action if they have the trauma for it. The t3 action is decided based on which of the trauma is the highest. So let's say you have a chosen on temptation path who has 150M Fear, 120M Disg, 130M Pain and 140M. She will do the t3 Hate action because fear is the highest unless you trigger temptation beforehand. Triggering a distortion will prevent any unrelated breaks from happening.

Or you can just try to control the highest trauma but that will be really hard to do.

anonimus_bell

Jul 18, 2019
Ah so in that case she might not. That is something for CSdev to maybe look at because I think I remember a multiplier for their weight to do this action being final day/current day, or something like that. So if it's past the official end date there would be very little or no willingness to do this action.
But that's the thing. I actually had NO tier 3 breaks on her prior to day 50 (Mostly because her EE drain plus other chosen i had as well as barely any items made it almost impossible.) But after i got past day 50 (And activated cheats.) I got the other three just fine. Maybe it's because all the girls in that team hate each other?

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
But that's the thing. I actually had NO tier 3 breaks on her prior to day 50 (Mostly because her EE drain plus other chosen i had as well as barely any items made it almost impossible.) But after i got past day 50 (And activated cheats.) I got the other three just fine. Maybe it's because all the girls in that team hate each other?
No, it's not. It's just Enervate that has that behavior that cares about how much is left in the Loop/City. The other breaks don't, so that's why you're noticing it not breaking since you're past when the loop is supposed to end.

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes