CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
btw the animalistic one also has a bug

when the fight finish and you are hitting continue, to see downtime, there appears a "continue"without it giving you any information . sometimes it loops forever (I didnt try to replicate it, so this time Im reporting it from memory)
its funny that you consider it " quite a loop" because I got perfect capture in all 10 loops including Splendor
then it threw me a curve ball with "here, 2 devils in a platter have fun"
my last 2 loops I restarted because I wasnt beating the devils, I thought I needed some extra strategy training my forsaken and still it wasnt enought

I hate fighting animalistics with all my core of behind

btw I had a tempted undead forsaken. Dictum
Its just that she already was doing 1000 % pleasure and I didnt bother getting her tempting defiler
looks like getting a temtpting forsaken to do other damage than pleasure is just a better idea.
She also doenst have the extra trauma damage from publicist
I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, so if it happens again to you, it'd be useful if you could upload your save and keep track of the steps required to make it happen.
Question : Does anyone know what happens if you have a "powerful harvester =-789% to drain" and all of it adds to 1000% ? (for example with your achievements ) does that mean you can drain somebody inmediatelly? can you break a level 4 vulnerability without getting to 100 million damage?
It's multiplicative, not additive. So if you have -789% to Drain, your needed Drain is multiplied by .211. If you have the level 3 Drain achievement (-600% Drain PE needed), your needed Drain is multiplied by 0.4. So in this specific example the cost would be (1000)(.4)(.211) = 84.4% PE needed, which is less than the 100% that it begins with after T3 is broken.

I've never tried to get these to that level of bonus or peeked hard at that part of the source code, so I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly sure that you have to first break T3 even if you reduce Punisher Effectiveness needed below the 100% that they start with.
The way this works is that the internal calculation of how much the requirement is reduced works from the percentage above 100%. So the base requirement is 100% + 900%. With the level 5 Drain achievement, that becomes 100% + 150%. And then with the Forsaken Punisher bonus cranked up to maximum with the Limit Break item, the 150% gets multiplied by 20/900 and becomes 3%, for a final minimum requirement of 103% Punisher effectiveness. The endgame species will have slow enough T3 development (and short enough deadlines) that this should hopefully sometimes be worthwhile.
Okay so I think I found another bug which I don't know the workings of. I am unable to do any damage to Fortune with surround actions unless I get like level 4 expo on other chosen. View attachment 3757542

Here is the save file:
Thank you for the bug report! This is related to the Angel Chosen "Invitation to Heaven" move. It'll be fixed in tomorrow's release.
I am assuming the fact that undead tempted forsaken stop gaining motivation from trauma after reaching 100% stamina is not intended?
Oh, good catch, that is indeed a bug. I'll fix this one for tomorrow's release too.
On a side note, wanted to see item upgrades this campaign but I have reached loop 15 and still haven't gotten a single one. I haven't been skipping loops, maybe that's why?
They all cost 50 Influence, so anything that keeps you below 50 Influence would stop you from ever seeing them. If you pick high-value items, that would delay the heavyweights showing up. And yes, not using the warp routes also results in less Influence.
Edit 2: The angel thing was not a bug just me being dumb and thinking I had more disgrace forsaken than I thought. Still I am assuming the angel achievement bonus only works on future forsaken after level up?
That's right, Spared Forsaken bonuses are calculated based on the achievement level at the time you Spare them.
View attachment 3771210
so i got crash whenever i try use capture the second/third chosen come after I specifically release capture for first chosen. It only start crashing after I break their T3.
Thanks for the bug report, this one will also be fixed in tomorrow's release.
I was trying to see if using the meglomania item would let me "cheese" splendor by switching her from second in command but that didn't do anything(Even switched the position to Victory). I guess I will just have to deal with her normally. Will probably just go for despair on her untill more bosses get added.
Yeah, the extra trait flip on Splendor is tied to the usual scene that happens after you beat a boss Chosen. But the item does stop her from locking you out of using the Second-in-Command position (and you don't even need to put her back in the position to get the scene when you defeat another boss using Megalomania).

Fortunately, the next two bosses are coming soon, and once they're in, you'll finally be able to flip all four of Splendor's traits in the same playthrough.
Just noticed that some of the chosen have family members do we ever get to interact with them ?
In order to make them show up, you need to be playing in campaign mode and put the Forsaken with family members in the Bait position.

Reactions: Nobody032

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, so if it happens again to you, it'd be useful if you could upload your save and keep track of the steps required to make it happen.

The way this works is that the internal calculation of how much the requirement is reduced works from the percentage above 100%. So the base requirement is 100% + 900%. With the level 5 Drain achievement, that becomes 100% + 150%. And then with the Forsaken Punisher bonus cranked up to maximum with the Limit Break item, the 150% gets multiplied by 20/900 and becomes 3%, for a final minimum requirement of 103% Punisher effectiveness. The endgame species will have slow enough T3 development (and short enough deadlines) that this should hopefully sometimes be worthwhile.

Thank you for the bug report! This is related to the Angel Chosen "Invitation to Heaven" move. It'll be fixed in tomorrow's release.

Oh, good catch, that is indeed a bug. I'll fix this one for tomorrow's release too.

They all cost 50 Influence, so anything that keeps you below 50 Influence would stop you from ever seeing them. If you pick high-value items, that would delay the heavyweights showing up. And yes, not using the warp routes also results in less Influence.

That's right, Spared Forsaken bonuses are calculated based on the achievement level at the time you Spare them.

Thanks for the bug report, this one will also be fixed in tomorrow's release.

Yeah, the extra trait flip on Splendor is tied to the usual scene that happens after you beat a boss Chosen. But the item does stop her from locking you out of using the Second-in-Command position (and you don't even need to put her back in the position to get the scene when you defeat another boss using Megalomania).

Fortunately, the next two bosses are coming soon, and once they're in, you'll finally be able to flip all four of Splendor's traits in the same playthrough.

In order to make them show up, you need to be playing in campaign mode and put the Forsaken with family members in the Bait position.
The save that does the bug is the same one you said "this is quite a loop", instead of going for the devils you just need to go for the animalistic (I will try to reproduce it in a week or two)
From memory just play normally, (using the forsaken undead demon knight extensivelly) , when you get an orgy or a defiler plus, when the fight is over, and the vignettes are happening,or the part where the evil energy is gained, one or two of the animalistic has extra lines with nothing that makes you hit "continue".Sometimes this happens once or twice, sometimes the "continue"button keeps appearing again and again (I think I clicked in continue once about 11 times before I closed the game)
when you hit continue an extra line with nothing new appears with the separating lines
That bug in that save, against those animalistics happened to me at least 3 or 4 times

My save should have a lot of "-------------------------------------------"as a separator so I can see it better, maybe that could be the problem? (I have only seen this bug on that particular save, against those animalistics)

EchoEater

Feb 15, 2018
Is there an easier way to find out when Kalloi updates their pack other than scanning through the more recent posts here every so often? Honestly my favorite art pack for non-custom chosen so I'm looking forward to the next update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi
Mar 11, 2021
speaking of bugs, I'm finding one too. could be related to either cheats or single-play mode, but trying splendor's single-play the game crashes when I leave a fight where the second chosen appears, either retreating or full extermination both freeze

works just fine if I keep surrounding them until splendor shows up for some reason though

Last edited:

prandom

Sep 16, 2017
Is there any way to speed up the game's load times? Any time I click the Info or Data tabs, save or load the game, start or retry a battle, or purchase an upgrade, the game takes a minute to load and it's getting frustrating.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Is there any way to speed up the game's load times? Any time I click the Info or Data tabs, save or load the game, start or retry a battle, or purchase an upgrade, the game takes a minute to load and it's getting frustrating.
How many saves do you have? For whatever reason having tons of saves massively slows down the game, I personally wouldn't recommend having anymore than 2-3 pages of saves. If you don't have that many saves though then I don't know the problem, but usually "too many saves" is the answer for most of the game's performance issues.

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
Thing I noticed that I don't know if it's told anywhere directly
When you distort a saviour for the first time
The vulnerabilities that just needed to reach 10k via X action to break turn into their respective breaker version (the first vulnerability condition turns into the second vulnerability), as in, from "reach 10k injure with pummel" to "use sodomize"
It also protects you from activating the 100M+ breaks
I was scared about doing the 10 turn orgy for aversion but it prevented both of those things from happening

Omicronzeta

Nov 14, 2017
How exactly is influence calculated? I went to look this up on the wiki but that seems to be one thing not covered.

I did find a few things on the wiki.
* The cost of items in influence

Also mentioned on thiss forum.
* Warps grant bonus influence
* More difficult fights grants more

But beyond that I couldn't find any information, did I miss a source? Is there an easy way to see you current influence? Is it affected by anything besides the city choice? What is factored into the difficulty?

prandom

Sep 16, 2017
How many saves do you have? For whatever reason having tons of saves massively slows down the game, I personally wouldn't recommend having anymore than 2-3 pages of saves. If you don't have that many saves though then I don't know the problem, but usually "too many saves" is the answer for most of the game's performance issues.
No saves whatsoever, this was a fresh download of version 55 with no modifications or anything. The game also hung when I tried to do a Single Play Splendor fight: after the introduction of the second magical girl, the continue button didn't do anything.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
View attachment 3790819
got bug on loop 2 on new campaign. after the second chosen come and the fight over it just blank like this.
Download Release 55b, this is a r55 bug that is fixed in r55b.

How exactly is influence calculated? I went to look this up on the wiki but that seems to be one thing not covered.

I did find a few things on the wiki.
* The cost of items in influence

Also mentioned on thiss forum.
* Warps grant bonus influence
* More difficult fights grants more

But beyond that I couldn't find any information, did I miss a source? Is there an easy way to see you current influence? Is it affected by anything besides the city choice? What is factored into the difficulty?
The exact numbers are unknown, but influence is gained based on the "difficulty" of a loop, which is based on the Chosen species and loop modifiers, the stronger the species (for example, angels and demons give the most I think) and more extreme modifiers give more influence. Seeing current influence isn't possible I don't think.

No saves whatsoever, this was a fresh download of version 55 with no modifications or anything. The game also hung when I tried to do a Single Play Splendor fight: after the introduction of the second magical girl, the continue button didn't do anything.
Might be an issue with r55 then, try downloading r55b to see if that fixes things, if not then I guess wait until CSDev checks up on the thread and replies to you, since I have no clue what else could be causing it as the game really shouldn't be that resource dependent that your computer would be the problem (well unless you have an outdated Java version or something, maybe).

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
The exact numbers are unknown, but influence is gained based on the "difficulty" of a loop, which is based on the Chosen species and loop modifiers, the stronger the species (for example, angels and demons give the most I think) and more extreme modifiers give more influence. Seeing current influence isn't possible I don't think.
why do you guys say warps give more influence? fighting the forsaken in a warp is like 10 and a warp is like 20, but you fight the forsaken twice or more right?

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
why do you guys say warps give more influence? fighting the forsaken in a warp is like 10 and a warp is like 20, but you fight the forsaken twice or more right?
I personally don't do warps so I couldn't tell you where the extra influence comes from.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Numbers are known, actually. You can only see your current Influence value at the end of Loops that don't give you Items. Loops that give you Items will show your influence value after subtracting that Item.

Each City has a base value for Influence that is equal to:
Code:
10 + lowest Influence penalty amongst next cities - influence penalty of this city
The influence penalty for each city is based on the Chosen it contains. It is 1 for each standard Chosen, 2 for Superior, 3 for Undead/Animalistic, and 4 for Devil/Angel--sum those values. So in Loop 2, for example, both cities will have an Influence penalty of 3, for a calculation of 10 + 3 - 3. In loop 3 both cities will have an Influence penalty of 4, for a calculation of 10 + 4 - 4, but in that loop you'll be given an item at the start which will subtract from your (20 if no warp, 23 if you warped past Loop 2) influence at that time. Loop 5 is the first place where I've seen the penalty come into play: you'll get 10 Influence for fighting without a Superior Chosen and 9 Influence for taking on one with an Animalistic/Undead + Superior.

If you warp, skipping the fight, you get the following influence (hardcoded) which will always be higher than completing a battle, and I think will always be higher even then converting those Chosen to Influence (using the influence penalty above)

Skip Loop 2: 13 influence (vs 10 with 3 standard Chosen)
Skip Loop 4: 14 influence (vs 12 if a Loop 4 City has 2 Superior Chosen, don't know if it does tbh)
Skip Loop 6: 17 (vs 15 if a Loop 6 City has 1 Animalistic/Undead and 1 Superior Chosen)
Skip Loop 8: 19 (vs 16 if a Loop 8 City has 1 Animalistic/Undead and 2 Superior Chosen)
Skip Loop 9: 19 (vs 17 if a Loop 9 City has 2 Animalistic/Undead and 1 Superior Chosen)
Skip Loop 12: 22 (equal to 3 Devils/Angels, which I don't think you can fight more than 1 this loop)
Skip Loop 13: 22 (equal to 3 Devils/Angels, and I don't think you can fight more than 2 this loop)
Skip Loop 17: 25 (greater than 3 Devils/Angels)
Skip Loop 18: 25 (greater than 3 Devils/Angels)
Skip Loop 19: 25 (greater than 3 Devils/Angels)

(numbers and calculations come from using jd-gui on CorruptedSaviors.jar, Release 55, and I could be missing something)

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Numbers are known, actually. You can only see your current Influence value at the end of Loops that don't give you Items. Loops that give you Items will show your influence value after subtracting that Item.
I meant the exact number of how much each factor contributes to the amount of Influence you get. At least as far as I'm aware we don't know the exact amount of influence each species and modifier gives.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
My understanding was that you were gaining the number listed (it usually list 10 , 9 or 1x, at most I have seen 19) So I suppose I was understanding that incorrectly

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Killed chosen will come back with all vulnerabilities broken up to T2. Any broken T3 vulnerabilities are rehabilitated while they’re gone.
one thing, so if I want a tempted undead, I should break only the vulnerabilities for the tempt right? or they come with ALL vulnerabilities broken?

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I meant the exact number of how much each factor contributes to the amount of Influence you get. At least as far as I'm aware we don't know the exact amount of influence each species and modifier gives.
We do, though: A standard Chosen takes away 1 Influence, a Superior takes away 2, Undead/Animalistic subtract 3, and Angel/Devils subtract 4. The code line that calculates the influence value of your next city is just this:

Code:
(w.nextCities[n]).influence = w.influence + baseGain + lowest - influencePenalty[n];
w.influence is your current influence
baseGain is a constant that was set to 10
lowest is the lowest among the two cities' influence penalties (just the sum of their species modifiers)
influencePenalty[n] is the influence penalty of this particular city (again, the sum of their species modifiers)

In a later line, the item is chosen and that value is subtracted from nextCities[n].influence. Another few lines handle the subtraction of any items gained by warping past an odd-numbered Loop.

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes