Gustavfv

Formerly 'Lamyae'
Aug 10, 2023
Oh yeah didn't think about the fact that the refund of pepper would be seperate and give extra energy, that's even more broken:unsure:. Hey more reason to use undead forsaken. Angels making rampage viable also helps with this.

Also cements inevitability as the worst item in the game. I also hate it now because of how I was forced to pick inevitability because of city choices(Chosen I wanted was there). What's even worse is how pointless the upgrade for it is(Which I got as a choice, what a waste of upgrade potential) It deals single digit damage with the four basic actions(Without inevitability active).

Yeah I was talking more about combat roles. Undead low energy cost means they will benefit more from anything you can put on forsaken by yourself. Animalistic and Devil chosen are supposed to be more "combat" oriented but there really is not much incentive to use them(Especially Devils because they drain 10% motivation while don't give anything unique in return). Though an unfocused style rampage Angel might be viable especially with a new item upgrade which octuples damage dealt by unfocused style.
As for tempt devils that will be luck based if you get many devils throughout your loop then it may be viable. But pre broken chosen are way too common right now.

Other than day 18 and 19 drain , all I can think of is trying to maximize surround turns and retreating every day to potentially get more energy. Which I assume you already tried. Either way I dont think despair can even be triggered without t3 break on Judgement .
One thing I found though is that you can trigger megalomaniac on Judgement for that +50 energy and then break expo or inju t4 for triggering despair instead. That +50 energy from Megalomaniac is probably the reason why Judgements trait for it is the worst trait in the game.

As for FoK and psychometer, I was mainly focused on forsaken which are 100+ to deploy. I guess it was a stupid comparison though. I can be quite dumb sometimes:confused:
Yeah this run was initially meant as a test on Inferno Pepper + UD Rampage. When I saw it worked this way, I just ran with it see how far I could get. Pleased with the result so far. If offered Soul Liquefaction (the invest EE item), I think you just become the Demon Lord of the Greater Sin of Investment Banking and corrupt the world through the power of compound interests (so, you know, regular Investment Banking.) I'm won't make a bold claim like "it's better than Tomorrow's Newspaper", but I've enjoyed it more, if that makes sense.

For Judgement Breakless Despair, there seems to be a unique trait for her in the Wiki now so it might be possible ? I'll take another crack at it when I have the time. Sadly Breakless would mean no +50EE from Megalomaniac (and yes, I was retreating for 20+ EE as much as I could to even get as far as I did. The Angel HATE punisher made timing retreats tricky but having them trigger HATE T3 is also the only way I found to bait out their INJU punisher, which I desperately needed to build for Drain...)

Going by the Wiki, the Judgement Punisher of preventing HATE and INN punishers for the loop would actually be really good for Despair if this is what it is. Since you can't T4 those breaks anyways, having the Despair targets trigger those move is only downside unless you really need the EE from the T3 break. Would be interesting with the Megalomania item that allows you to reassign 2nd in command to someone else that will presumably take care of the fighting for the rest of the loop.

Inevitability I've never tried. It feels like I've hardly used any of the base 4 move past the first few loops so I would not be thrilled to get it as a random item (for 30 influence too!). Would be +1EE refund on Inferno Pepper at least I guess.

Angel Rampage seems interesting with the x8 damage item indeed. I might test that if I get offered the item at some point.

The other Forsaken I'm interested in building is actually Devil Negotiation: it should have the same "can always deploy" upside as Tempted Forsaken, with FoK it could have Disgrace in the High-40s / Low-50s (around 100-110% base power) and cost in the 20EE range, which would get refunded more and more by Inferno Pepper as I progress through loops. The +150% racial bonus should allow them to pack a punch (do they still get the +50% PLEA and INJU on top of that ? I think so ?)

The big downside is of course the Motivation hit to everyone else on Deploy, but that can be solved either with a Megalomania Devil so there is no tantrum at least, or enough Spared/Despaired Chosen with Highest Disgrace to have enough passive Motivation regeneration that it is counterbalanced completely - though that would require at least 40% passive recovery to get other Devils stable, and even more for the next tier of Species I reckon. At least Angel don't get reduced Motivation recovery so the Tempted I use as support would be easy to keep happy.

Then again, Negotiation Forsaken can't be Parasitized, so no bonus Trauma trait when they are recruited. That alone might be too much to make the build worth it. Does anyone know if Hardworking Publicist (Parasitized Forsaken gets up to +1000% Trauma damage) and Notorious Publicist (Forsaken gets up to +200% trauma damage when Parasitizing others) are additive or multiplicative ? I've been trying to test this but honestly the values get so high I'm not sure I'm interpreting correctly.

And don't worry about the Broken Psychometer / FoK thing: I was hoping it would work the way you thought until I tested it too. Can't win'em all I guess !

Reactions: Nobody032

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Yeah this run was initially meant as a test on Inferno Pepper + UD Rampage. When I saw it worked this way, I just ran with it see how far I could get. Pleased with the result so far. If offered Soul Liquefaction (the invest EE item), I think you just become the Demon Lord of the Greater Sin of Investment Banking and corrupt the world through the power of compound interests (so, you know, regular Investment Banking.) I'm won't make a bold claim like "it's better than Tomorrow's Newspaper", but I've enjoyed it more, if that makes sense.

For Judgement Breakless Despair, there seems to be a unique trait for her in the Wiki now so it might be possible ? I'll take another crack at it when I have the time. Sadly Breakless would mean no +50EE from Megalomaniac (and yes, I was retreating for 20+ EE as much as I could to even get as far as I did. The Angel HATE punisher made timing retreats tricky but having them trigger HATE T3 is also the only way I found to bait out their INJU punisher, which I desperately needed to build for Drain...)

Going by the Wiki, the Judgement Punisher of preventing HATE and INN punishers for the loop would actually be really good for Despair if this is what it is. Since you can't T4 those breaks anyways, having the Despair targets trigger those move is only downside unless you really need the EE from the T3 break. Would be interesting with the Megalomania item that allows you to reassign 2nd in command to someone else that will presumably take care of the fighting for the rest of the loop.

Inevitability I've never tried. It feels like I've hardly used any of the base 4 move past the first few loops so I would not be thrilled to get it as a random item (for 30 influence too!). Would be +1EE refund on Inferno Pepper at least I guess.

Angel Rampage seems interesting with the x8 damage item indeed. I might test that if I get offered the item at some point.

The other Forsaken I'm interested in building is actually Devil Negotiation: it should have the same "can always deploy" upside as Tempted Forsaken, with FoK it could have Disgrace in the High-40s / Low-50s (around 100-110% base power) and cost in the 20EE range, which would get refunded more and more by Inferno Pepper as I progress through loops. The +150% racial bonus should allow them to pack a punch (do they still get the +50% PLEA and INJU on top of that ? I think so ?)

The big downside is of course the Motivation hit to everyone else on Deploy, but that can be solved either with a Megalomania Devil so there is no tantrum at least, or enough Spared/Despaired Chosen with Highest Disgrace to have enough passive Motivation regeneration that it is counterbalanced completely - though that would require at least 40% passive recovery to get other Devils stable, and even more for the next tier of Species I reckon. At least Angel don't get reduced Motivation recovery so the Tempted I use as support would be easy to keep happy.

Then again, Negotiation Forsaken can't be Parasitized, so no bonus Trauma trait when they are recruited. That alone might be too much to make the build worth it. Does anyone know if Hardworking Publicist (Parasitized Forsaken gets up to +1000% Trauma damage) and Notorious Publicist (Forsaken gets up to +200% trauma damage when Parasitizing others) are additive or multiplicative ? I've been trying to test this but honestly the values get so high I'm not sure I'm interpreting correctly.

And don't worry about the Broken Psychometer / FoK thing: I was hoping it would work the way you thought until I tested it too. Can't win'em all I guess !
Honestly depending on your items and tactics pepper might actually be better in some circumstances. Especially in your run where there is no actual need to use commanders.

My bad, wasn't really playing during the time despair and Judgement were introduced so didn't know about the "No Break" Vulnerability runs on Victory and Judgement. Gonna edit my comment to prevent misinformation. Also wasn't aware of the Intimidate move.

Btw newer version of the game is out on subscribestar. One of the bug fixes is the Despair energy difference you mentioned. So you can probably do it now.

Honestly only despair I have ever done is on splendor and co. Gonna go for a new playthrough to face Splendor properly.

There is the rampage trait of Judgement which gives her extra damage of 10% per tantrum by forsaken for the loop. Time to get stuck in a tantrum loop and start using negotiation devils. Even Splendor's motivation drain has a use now :unsure:. If you get the megalomania item you could increase Judgements damage even more.

No idea if it's multiplicative or additive either way more damage is always good.

Last edited:

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
New playthrough, same old Greater sins imminent. Weirdly enough this was triggered after getting inseminate on Chaos to get her to get +5 downtime. Both Zenith and Miracle were doing +10 ee generation before. Chaos on rampage, Zenith on tempt and Miracle on negotiation paths(not triggered yet).

At this point triggering this is like a "Right" of passage for me through the early loops.

1000134042.png

Last edited:

aumhs

Dec 5, 2022
New playthrough, same old Greater sins imminent. Weirdly enough this was triggered after getting inseminate on Chaos to get her to get +5 downtime. Both Zenith and Miracle were doing +10 ee generation before. Chaos on rampage, Zenith on tempt and Miracle on negotiation paths(not triggered yet).

At this point triggering this is like a "Right" of passage for me through the early loops.

View attachment 3985314
My bet is the following: Their disgust is close enough that they want to do a disgust-lowering downtime together. But Chaos doesn't have a T2 innocence break, so they downgrade to T1. That would be working as intended.

Ways to get the EE generation up again, doing one of them should be enough:
- Break Chaos innocence, so she can join on T2 innocence downtimes.
- Massively increase Chaos' fear, without increasing her disgust much, so she starts doing T2 morale downtimes instead.
- Make them hate each other, so they are less interested in grouping up for downtime.

Reactions: Nobody032

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Creating a new demon lord body to approach chosen/negotiate seems causes a freeza/crash on the newest version. Old bodies work just fine though.

My bet is the following: Their disgust is close enough that they want to do a disgust-lowering downtime together. But Chaos doesn't have a T2 innocence break, so they downgrade to T1. That would be working as intended.

Ways to get the EE generation up again, doing one of them should be enough:
- Break Chaos innocence, so she can join on T2 innocence downtimes.
- Massively increase Chaos' fear, without increasing her disgust much, so she starts doing T2 morale downtimes instead.
- Make them hate each other, so they are less interested in grouping up for downtime.
I am aware of how downtime works. SuperSkippy made a post about it after looking at the code.

Either way I am able to just replay the same day and get my intented results. Was just wondering if I am the only one who has this curse of getting Triple imminent sins in early loops without forsakens.

aumhs

Dec 5, 2022
I try to make them hate each other, for early bonus EE, so it doesn't come up as much for me. Depends a bit on my distortion goals for the loop though, and on pre-existing minor breaks.

Gustavfv

Formerly 'Lamyae'
Aug 10, 2023
My bad, wasn't really playing during the time despair and Judgement were introduced so didn't know about the "No Break" Vulnerability runs on Victory and Judgement. Gonna edit my comment to prevent misinformation. Also wasn't aware of the Intimidate move.

Btw newer version of the game is out on subscribestar. One of the bug fixes is the Despair energy difference you mentioned. So you can probably do it now.

Honestly only despair I have ever done is on splendor and co. Gonna go for a new playthrough to face Splendor properly.
I tested with version 57 and it turns out I was 850 over the threshold, not 50 under what I needed after all. Oh well it was a fun challenge.

However, it seems you were also right: entering the final battle with no breaks on Judgement does not let you use "Accuse" on her so there is no way to defeat her like that. I don't know if that is intended.

Also, I tried reloading a few days before the final battle and break DIG T3 on her and she can then be accused, but her trait is the usual devil "quadruple benefit" and she is sent to The Prisoners which give no benefit at all, which is a bummer.

I don't know where the Despair traits listed in the wiki come from, but I've not been able to trigger them in game (no clue if the fact I was using a R55-to-R56-to-R57 save might cause a bug that has anything to do with it.)

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I tested with version 57 and it turns out I was 850 over the threshold, not 50 under what I needed after all. Oh well it was a fun challenge.

However, it seems you were also right: entering the final battle with no breaks on Judgement does not let you use "Accuse" on her so there is no way to defeat her like that. I don't know if that is intended.

Also, I tried reloading a few days before the final battle and break DIG T3 on her and she can then be accused, but her trait is the usual devil "quadruple benefit" and she is sent to The Prisoners which give no benefit at all, which is a bummer.

I don't know where the Despair traits listed in the wiki come from, but I've not been able to trigger them in game (no clue if the fact I was using a R55-to-R56-to-R57 save might cause a bug that has anything to do with it.)
When I was trying to see her distortion traits through cheat+single player mode I also ran into the issue of her turning her trait into the normal devil ones. I did it again and then it turned into the break-despair one. There should be trigger for this bug. Maybe try getting all t3 breaks or a t4 dignity/Confidence break and see if it works?

As for the breakless despair one when I tried to get it in single player mode it also didn't let me accuse. I thought it was a problem with single player boss mode. Since I also ran into issues like: Bosses turning into Normal species,Getting stuck on downtime actions of forsaken forever, Despaired Forsaken not getting spared.

Its definitely unintended though. Probably wasn't reported since you are probably the first and only guy to do Breakless Judgement. I think her dialogue still changes. On a side note there might also be a bug with Megalomania unique Defiler for Judgement. I could only see Maneuver as the unique defiler even if I tried training Fixation or Assist Raid.

TheFakeOne23

Feb 9, 2020
I´ve noticed that meeting with my custom chosen/forsaken from v.52 in v.56 has them wearing two sets of clothes whenever the scene suggests that they pick out something to wear different from their base outfit. The one I made for them as their base outfit/combat clothes during creation, and whatever the game picks as their outfit for the meeting (Single runs, not in a campaign).
Anyone else encounter something like this?
I haven´t checked with an un-cheated save yet, since I currently don´t have much spare time, but I´ll propably give that a try once I have sufficient time for a proper playthrough.

Leks Darkmind

Jul 10, 2022
a review by a new player.
without wiki there's too many mysteries. (why opening counter don't go up? what to do to actually do anything in personal meeting?)
why the hell opening must be from several sources?! it should multiply up! (sins are singular and exclusive for a reason)
same problem with limits on team generation: why they must be different in weaknesses?!
did someone got their hands on source code? links?
did I mention useless cheats? where's stats, clothes, story editor? always surround, break buttons?

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes