ApexGryphon

Dec 17, 2020
I've FINALLY nearly beat a Devil Chosen, or at least am on course to.

I still couldn't figure out how the hell to fight them, despite the helpful input I've received. No matter what I do, the Devil winds up with absolutely no weakness' to trauma or circumstance, and I just have to output so much raw damage that it still hurts her regardless.

That amounts to using my Undead Rampant's at their max strength every battle, and relying on Energy Raider to recoup the cost....

I really can't imagine this is how they are meant to be fought, but I can't find any other way.

aumhs

Dec 5, 2022
The Loops page on the wiki says that there are currently 5 bosses in the game, the Bosses page lists only 3. The bosses page is the correct one, right?

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
I've FINALLY nearly beat a Devil Chosen, or at least am on course to.

I still couldn't figure out how the hell to fight them, despite the helpful input I've received. No matter what I do, the Devil winds up with absolutely no weakness' to trauma or circumstance, and I just have to output so much raw damage that it still hurts her regardless.

That amounts to using my Undead Rampant's at their max strength every battle, and relying on Energy Raider to recoup the cost....

I really can't imagine this is how they are meant to be fought, but I can't find any other way.
Im gonna tell you how I finally did it
start a game from zero, and add custom forsaken
add a undead forsaken with this: Significant Innocence, Core Dignity
minor morality and significant confidence
why? because it will give this trait:
Notorious Publicist
Up to +200% own trauma damage per Parasitism performed"

now, when you meet this undead forsaken, tempt it, then later train it to cost between 3 and 9 EE, and to do inju and expo
when you finally meet the devils it should do around x11 trauma damage, and also it can change damage to tempt (wich does pleasure damage)
getting any chosen to 10.000 damage in whatever is a breeze

this was a tip from another guy from the forum, and it works wonders

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Im gonna tell you how I finally did it
start a game from zero, and add custom forsaken
add a undead forsaken with this: Significant Innocence, Core Dignity
minor morality and significant confidence
why? because it will give this trait:
Notorious Publicist
Up to +200% own trauma damage per Parasitism performed"

now, when you meet this undead forsaken, tempt it, then later train it to cost between 3 and 9 EE, and to do inju and expo
when you finally meet the devils it should do around x11 trauma damage, and also it can change damage to tempt (wich does pleasure damage)
getting any chosen to 10.000 damage in whatever is a breeze

this was a tip from another guy from the forum, and it works wonders
You can also add a normal chosen with Hardworking Publicist trait(Significant Innocence and Dignity+ Core confidence). Gives +1000% trauma damage to the victim. So when you get a Notorious publicist you can have a head start on damage.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ApexGryphon

Dec 17, 2020
You can also add a normal chosen with Hardworking Publicist trait(Significant Innocence and Dignity+ Core confidence). Gives +1000% trauma damage to the victim. So when you get a Notorious publicist you can have a head start on damage.
Wow, yeah, that is a lot of damage potential. Honestly, I've been completely ignoring the +Trauma% punishers since I couldn't see how a few small percentages would help at all.

Clearly I was missing a step or two there.

Imma keep at my current campaign just to see how far I can get, but when it fails I'll give the trauma% Chosen a try. Have made it to loop 14 so far.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
That I did too, I didnt tell because I didnt think it was that important.
My tempting forsaken has only a x11 (you have a x21)and I didnt have problems until the late partjust before judgement

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Wow, yeah, that is a lot of damage potential. Honestly, I've been completely ignoring the +Trauma% punishers since I couldn't see how a few small percentages would help at all.

Clearly I was missing a step or two there.

Imma keep at my current campaign just to see how far I can get, but when it fails I'll give the trauma% Chosen a try. Have made it to loop 14 so far.
Tempted Undead forsaken are one of the best right now because of their trait which recovers both stamina and motivation on trauma damage. With that punisher you pretty much get to deploy them every single day. That and they already cost low ee to deploy. Might be worth getting one in your current run if you can. I am thinking of trying out the Rampage ability of Angel too but I will only do it if I ever get 2 angels in one run.

That I did too, I didnt tell because I didnt think it was that important.
My tempting forsaken has only a x11 (you have a x21)and I didnt have problems until the late partjust before judgement
Yeah Notorious publicists by themselves can stack up enough. I just like to have a 3 ee undead tempted chosen which I can deploy day 1 because I get 3 energy from sacrifice achievement and focus is free with newspaper, so Hardworking Publicist helps with that. The punisher is also good if you wanna try some other species Tempt/rampage forsakens.

Btw unless I am mistaken the best self building forsaken would be a Minor Morality+ Significant Innocence+ Significant Confidence+ Core Dignity.

You get:
Notorious Publicist(200% self damage increase per parasitism)
Consuming Harvester(+10% self inju dmg increase)

I usually only add a hardworking publicist but I might add a chosen with this set up as well if I start a new game.

aumhs

Dec 5, 2022
Not sure if intended or bug: If you have Balance's Pantsu, then circumstance damage is still colored red or green even if the penalty from imbalanced trauma got neutralized completly.

1724767148755.png

1724767162041.png

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
So I finally got around to completing my old playthrough. Defeated Judgement with temptation and did a tempt and rampage on the angels to try out a Rampage Angel. Too bad I will have to redo this run because I don't like the temptation trait of Judgement. Will have to deal with those Rampages again.... The Angel hate punisher doesn't do any favors either.

Btw can Propaganda angst damage be shifted to after Angel check? The item is becomes useless against angels.

Last edited:

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Somehow did Negotiation on Judgement while getting Rampage and Temptation on the angels(Both angel had pre broken stuff so locked distortions).

Even by getting a 20 turn orgy you can't get enough angst on Judgement to trigger negotiation. Angel's Plea,Hate and Expo punishers can also ruin your day(Esp hate one since they use it when surrounded) Propanda is a completely useless item against Angels(Hence why I think it needs a buff). Even the end battle needed to be retried multiple times since I only had the courage to go for one negotiation (16% Appeal dmg) since energy was scarce.

When orgies failed me I started looking for alternate strats to deal the damage needed. And I think I find the perfect way to deal with an Angel/Devil combo but it might need Newspaper Upgrade to work most effectively.

Who needs orgies when you have Meglomaniacs?

Btw The Negotiation trait for Judgement is as follows:

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Somehow did Negotiation on Judgement while getting Rampage and Temptation on the angels(Both angel had pre broken stuff so locked distortions).

Even by getting a 20 turn orgy you can't get enough angst on Judgement to trigger negotiation. Angel's Plea,Hate and Expo punishers can also ruin your day(Esp hate one since they use it when surrounded) Propanda is a completely useless item against Angels(Hence why I think it needs a buff). Even the end battle needed to be retried multiple times since I only had the courage to go for one negotiation (16% Appeal dmg) since energy was scarce.

When orgies failed me I started looking for alternate strats to deal the damage needed. And I think I find the perfect way to deal with an Angel/Devil combo but it might need Newspaper Upgrade to work most effectively.

Who needs orgies when you have Meglomaniacs?

Btw The Negotiation trait for Judgement is as follows:
Question: what happens if you do maneuver on judgement while both of the angels are captured? one of them finally escapes, or are them eternally captured?

Edit : NEVERMIND Ididnt understand what you wrote correctly at first read
Now that I did, next question: can you do this earlier enought to distort all 3 of them ?

Last edited:

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Question: what happens if you do maneuver on judgement while both of the angels are captured? one of them finally escapes, or are them eternally captured?

Edit : NEVERMIND Ididnt understand what you wrote correctly at first read
Now that I did, next question: can you do this earlier enought to distort all 3 of them ?
Only one of the angel will be frozen in Judgement fight. One will escape at 2x speed andJudgement herself at 3x speed. So all orgies are 1/3 the turns they can be.

How early you can do this depends on how much energy your meglomaniac forsaken costs. I did this on day 7 or 8 because I got energy from Temptation and Rampage which allowed me to deploy a 70 energy commander + a forsaken(Newspaper upgrade). Used the commander on the two and then swapped to my Megolomaniac for max results.

You should be able to get distortions on Angels without this strat though. Using tempted undeads means free temptation for everyone. Frozen Angels are also free to break by surrounding their partners. So the main use of this strat is to get Judgement to use t3 moves and also get enough angst for Negotiation(I could tempt her just fine with undead forsakens). It also makes Victory easy to break. Victory and Judgement are the only ones who made me use this.

You can also get a good orgy going with this if you release when you have enough openings and circumstance while others are also open to surrounds.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Only one of the angel will be frozen in Judgement fight. One will escape at 2x speed andJudgement herself at 3x speed. So all orgies are 1/3 the turns they can be.

How early you can do this depends on how much energy your meglomaniac forsaken costs. I did this on day 7 or 8 because I got energy from Temptation and Rampage which allowed me to deploy a 70 energy commander + a forsaken(Newspaper upgrade). Used the commander on the two and then swapped to my Megolomaniac for max results.

You should be able to get distortions on Angels without this strat though. Using tempted undeads means free temptation for everyone. Frozen Angels are also free to break by surrounding their partners. So the main use of this strat is to get Judgement to use t3 moves and also get enough angst for Negotiation(I could tempt her just fine with undead forsakens). It also makes Victory easy to break. Victory and Judgement are the only ones who made me use this.

You can also get a good orgy going with this if you release when you have enough openings and circumstance while others are also open to surrounds.
Yeah I think I got one of the angels with judgement and I had to kill the other I was just curious how maneuver worked exactly (later I re-read and you clearly explained it, I was just reading it wrong, english is not my language)In my mind maneuvering judgement should freeze both angels, so I went with that explanation , until I reread it.
If you did that day 8, shouldnt you have enought negotiation to get it to 50% or more? (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12) or am I remembering negotiation wrong?

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Yeah I think I got one of the angels with judgement and I had to kill the other I was just curious how maneuver worked exactly (later I re-read and you clearly explained it, I was just reading it wrong, english is not my language)In my mind maneuvering judgement should freeze both angels, so I went with that explanation , until I reread it.
If you did that day 8, shouldnt you have enought negotiation to get it to 50% or more? (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12) or am I remembering negotiation wrong?
There are a few factors which make negotiation probably the second hardest to get on judgement(First being Despair).

-Angels drain majority of the angst which Judgement has. Which means unless I do this every other day I can't keep negotiating since that needs 1G angst on everybody seperately.

- Judgement has Plea punisher this round and unlocks Drain punisher after I do this. So next day she will again remove my forsaken's expertise possibly changing combat style while also drain stamina while I am trying to get openings on the angels.

- Because of Judgement being a devil, the energy generation is pathetic especially since all her angst keeps getting absorbed by Angels. This means deploying a strong commander is just not possible multiple times so I can't bypass Judgements's Stamina drain through The newspaper upgrade.

- Next day One of the angels will unlock Hate punisher which will limit this strategy by preventing me from effectively surrounding the other chosen.

I just decided to save up energy for final battle to get a good rampage and trigger tempt on Testament.
In the final battle I was saved by Rampages done by Blessing. I had to time rampages in such a way that I can get Judgement's resolve down before Rampaging can get Blessing's resolve down. Also had to use a couple of turns to tempt Testament.

Gustavfv

Formerly 'Lamyae'
Aug 10, 2023
I was trying to defeat Judgement breakless and I've come accross some weird behaviour, which I'm not sure is a bug or me misunderstanding some mechanics.

- First the amount of EE required to Despair seems wrong ?
Since Angels cost 150 EE per break to Judgement's 300 EE, my understanding is that the base Despair EE should be (700 + 600x2 + 1200) for a total of 3100 base EE, which my Level 4 Despair achievement should reduce to 1500 EE but the base cost for me was 2100 EE.

Notable, this amount would be off by 600 EE and my 2 angels came with MOR and INN pre-broken respectively (2 breaks each, 4 break total time 150EE each would total 600 EE) Maybe a it's a coincidence, since those should be the 2 free break each of them is allowed anyways...

- Second, breaking T4 DIG on each Angel I lost the ability to set their distortion plan (I had rampaged then broken the rampage on Union, but could still set the Distortion plan on her after this - this really seems linked to the T4 break.)

- Third, it seems like achieving punisher % required for T4 break on MOR and INN without actually breaking them still increase the EE cost of Despair as if it was a tier break (but does not render ineligible to Despair). Not sure if that is intended behavior.

I've included a save file that illustrates those behavior in case that helps. Loop 1-10 were on R55b and Loop 11-20 on R56d using the Suntorn Dawn roster in case that impacts anything.

I've also included my best attempt for fun, but I did not quite make it (2959 out of 3000 EE required). I'll probably attempt it again if it's confirmed that this is all intended behavior.

Thanks for the game ! It tickles the brain in a very satisfying way.

EDIT: fixed a typo "eligible" to "ineligible"

Last edited:

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I was trying to defeat Judgement breakless and I've come accross some weird behaviour, which I'm not sure is a bug or me misunderstanding some mechanics.

- First the amount of EE required to Despair seems wrong ?
Since Angels cost 150 EE per break to Judgement's 300 EE, my understanding is that the base Despair EE should be (700 + 600x2 + 1200) for a total of 3100 base EE, which my Level 4 Despair achievement should reduce to 1500 EE but the base cost for me was 2100 EE.

Notable, this amount would be off by 600 EE and my 2 angels came with MOR and INN pre-broken respectively (2 breaks each, 4 break total time 150EE each would total 600 EE) Maybe a it's a coincidence, since those should be the 2 free break each of them is allowed anyways...

- Second, breaking T4 DIG on each Angel I lost the ability to set their distortion plan (I had rampaged then broken the rampage on Union, but could still set the Distortion plan on her after this - this really seems linked to the T4 break.)

- Third, it seems like achieving punisher % required for T4 break on MOR and INN without actually breaking them still increase the EE cost of Despair as if it was a tier break (but does not render eligible to Despair). Not sure if that is intended behavior.

I've included a save file that illustrates those behavior in case that helps. Loop 1-10 were on R55b and Loop 11-20 on R56d using the Suntorn Dawn roster in case that impacts anything.

I've also included my best attempt for fun, but I did not quite make it (2959 out of 3000 EE required). I'll probably attempt it again if it's confirmed that this is all intended behavior.

Thanks for the game ! It tickles the brain in a very satisfying way.
"I don't think you can defeat her breakless." Edit: You can defeat her breakless with Despair. My apologies for my ignorance. It's my defining trait.

Either way great attempt though. I can see why people like using Rampage undeads. 100 ee free cost deployment with 100% effectiveness sure is wild. Still wondering if other forsaken are even worth using over undeads. Also you made me realise the true use of all punishers , I never considered how useful some of the other punishers could be . Need to think about more than damage numbers I guess. Should have tried using a +Angst punisher for my negotiation on Judgement.

Btw I am assuming you used drain on day 19 for max effectiveness?

Don't know about why the despair cost is that way but breaking t4 dignity means you should be locked in despair unless your chosen are eligible for Rampage/Temptation. That might be why you couldn't set distortion. Unless I am mistaken setting despair on Judgement again should place all on despair.

Also is inferno pepper upgrade not supposed to decrease energy cost? Shouldn't all forsaken cost 50 ee ? Or does it not stack with Broken psychometer making it useless if used together?

Last edited:

Gustavfv

Formerly 'Lamyae'
Aug 10, 2023
What if you wanted to defeat Judgement breakless but she said: "Resolve can't be damaged unless a T3 move has been used regardless of distortion."

I don't think you can defeat her breakless.

Either way great attempt though. I can see why people like using Rampage undeads. 100 ee free cost deployment with 100% effectiveness sure is wild. Still wondering if other forsaken are even worth using over undeads. Also you made me realise the true use of all punishers , I never considered how useful some of the other punishers could be . Need to think about more than damage numbers I guess. Should have tried using a +Angst punisher for my negotiation on Judgement.

Btw I am assuming you used drain on day 19 for max effectiveness?

Don't know about why the despair cost is that way but breaking t4 dignity means you should be locked in despair unless your chosen are eligible for Rampage/Temptation. That might be why you couldn't set distortion. Unless I am mistaken setting despair on Judgement again should place all on despair.

Also is inferno pepper upgrade not supposed to decrease energy cost? Shouldn't all forsaken cost 50 ee ? Or does it not stack with Broken psychometer making it useless if used together?
Honestly one of the reason I was attempting breakless to see if it would even work. That was not my initial game plan but when I got Demon's Food Cake a few loops before the fight I saw the opportunity to try. Assuming I managed it to reach the EE threshold but breakless blocked the win, I figured I could reload a few days before and just break anything on Judgement to complete the loop.

Rampage Undead with Inferno Pepper + upgrade worked really well for me this campaign:
- Rampage refund and Inferno Pepper are separate refund instances, so deploying for 10EE will have the rampage trait refund 9 while Inferno Pepper refunds 10 (with 10 items) giving a net gain of +9 before the Chosen even generate EE from breaks and downtime. Super useful against Devil/Devil/Angel or Devil/Angel/Angel.
- Fruit of Knowledge (Inferno Pepper upgrade) works the same as a 50% cost reduction, which means Rampage forsaken "see" your available EE as twice you actual EE. Somewhat amusing end of loop when you deploy for over 1000 effective EE, but really good early loop when you deploy for "4EE" (with 32% effectiveness) rather than 2EE (with 2% effectiveness)

As to if anything other than Undead is worth using... I'm not sure if that counts but I like Tempting the Angel partner of the (usually undead) Forsaken I use for Combat ? Perma-full Motivation and +10% damage is nice. Other than that, I've not yet tried to Tempt Devil for the stacking +5% damage (keeping them on Obedience training so they always remain over 40 Obedience) but it might be nice. What prevents me from really using any of them for battle is that the opportunity cost feels too high: with just Angel Achievement at level 2, every Angel or Devil Despair is +48 Evacuation requirement, or +48% extermination, and as Loops get higher, having those longer days really seem more profitable then the increase in combat power.

Honestly though, part of me is wondering if higher tier species are not made less attractive because the Trauma damage up on parasitize punisher is so strong, making low EE Forsaken very strong when that's where the EE cost reduce of Undead is the strongest. The utility of cost refund on UD rampage or infinite deploy on UD tempt then tips the scale even further.

Back to the save: I tried setting Depair off and on on Judgement, but Union would still not show to be on the Despair path. It's not that big a deal since in my experience you can Despair a Chosen in the final battle even if they are not on the plan, but that was behavior I thought was weird so I pointed it out just in case.

I was using Drain on Day 18 and 19, since the Drain "return" value is set on deploy (so deploy for 700EE on day 18, Drain to get 1400EE; deploy for 1450EE on day 19, Drain to get 2900EE) Sadly, FoK does not "double" the EE return of Drain: it is based on your actual Deploy value (but Broken Psychometer limits the expenditure to 100EE anyways.) I've not tested if FoK would reduce the return of Drain on a non-rampage "fixed cost" Forsaken, but if it does there might be a bit of anti-synergy there.

Broken Psychometer caps the final deploy value of Forsaken while FoK reduces the cost, which means a 300 base cost forsaken gets reduced to 150 (then capped to 100, so deploy for 100 cost in the end). While a 150 base cost would get reduced to 75EE cost and not interact with Broken Psychometer at all. Combining them is not useful for super high cost Forsaken, but in I've found that the fuctionnality of doubling the EE "available" for my Rampagers and reducing the cost of my other low cost Forsaken (making IP refund an even bigger portion of their cost, when not making them effectively free) was still worth the 50 Influence.

Reactions: Nobody032

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Honestly one of the reason I was attempting breakless to see if it would even work. That was not my initial game plan but when I got Demon's Food Cake a few loops before the fight I saw the opportunity to try. Assuming I managed it to reach the EE threshold but breakless blocked the win, I figured I could reload a few days before and just break anything on Judgement to complete the loop.

Rampage Undead with Inferno Pepper + upgrade worked really well for me this campaign:
- Rampage refund and Inferno Pepper are separate refund instances, so deploying for 10EE will have the rampage trait refund 9 while Inferno Pepper refunds 10 (with 10 items) giving a net gain of +9 before the Chosen even generate EE from breaks and downtime. Super useful against Devil/Devil/Angel or Devil/Angel/Angel.
- Fruit of Knowledge (Inferno Pepper upgrade) works the same as a 50% cost reduction, which means Rampage forsaken "see" your available EE as twice you actual EE. Somewhat amusing end of loop when you deploy for over 1000 effective EE, but really good early loop when you deploy for "4EE" (with 32% effectiveness) rather than 2EE (with 2% effectiveness)

As to if anything other than Undead is worth using... I'm not sure if that counts but I like Tempting the Angel partner of the (usually undead) Forsaken I use for Combat ? Perma-full Motivation and +10% damage is nice. Other than that, I've not yet tried to Tempt Devil for the stacking +5% damage (keeping them on Obedience training so they always remain over 40 Obedience) but it might be nice. What prevents me from really using any of them for battle is that the opportunity cost feels too high: with just Angel Achievement at level 2, every Angel or Devil Despair is +48 Evacuation requirement, or +48% extermination, and as Loops get higher, having those longer days really seem more profitable then the increase in combat power.

Honestly though, part of me is wondering if higher tier species are not made less attractive because the Trauma damage up on parasitize punisher is so strong, making low EE Forsaken very strong when that's where the EE cost reduce of Undead is the strongest. The utility of cost refund on UD rampage or infinite deploy on UD tempt then tips the scale even further.

Back to the save: I tried setting Depair off and on on Judgement, but Union would still not show to be on the Despair path. It's not that big a deal since in my experience you can Despair a Chosen in the final battle even if they are not on the plan, but that was behavior I thought was weird so I pointed it out just in case.

I was using Drain on Day 18 and 19, since the Drain "return" value is set on deploy (so deploy for 700EE on day 18, Drain to get 1400EE; deploy for 1450EE on day 19, Drain to get 2900EE) Sadly, FoK does not "double" the EE return of Drain: it is based on your actual Deploy value (but Broken Psychometer limits the expenditure to 100EE anyways.) I've not tested if FoK would reduce the return of Drain on a non-rampage "fixed cost" Forsaken, but if it does there might be a bit of anti-synergy there.

Broken Psychometer caps the final deploy value of Forsaken while FoK reduces the cost, which means a 300 base cost forsaken gets reduced to 150 (then capped to 100, so deploy for 100 cost in the end). While a 150 base cost would get reduced to 75EE cost and not interact with Broken Psychometer at all. Combining them is not useful for super high cost Forsaken, but in I've found that the fuctionnality of doubling the EE "available" for my Rampagers and reducing the cost of my other low cost Forsaken (making IP refund an even bigger portion of their cost, when not making them effectively free) was still worth the 50 Influence.
Oh yeah didn't think about the fact that the refund of pepper would be seperate and give extra energy, that's even more broken:unsure:. Hey more reason to use undead forsaken. Angels making rampage viable also helps with this.

Also cements inevitability as the worst item in the game. I also hate it now because of how I was forced to pick inevitability because of city choices(Chosen I wanted was there). What's even worse is how pointless the upgrade for it is(Which I got as a choice, what a waste of upgrade potential) It deals single digit damage with the four basic actions(Without inevitability active).

Yeah I was talking more about combat roles. Undead low energy cost means they will benefit more from anything you can put on forsaken by yourself. Animalistic and Devil chosen are supposed to be more "combat" oriented but there really is not much incentive to use them(Especially Devils because they drain 10% motivation while don't give anything unique in return). Though an unfocused style rampage Angel might be viable especially with a new item upgrade which octuples damage dealt by unfocused style.
As for tempt devils that will be luck based if you get many devils throughout your loop then it may be viable. But pre broken chosen are way too common right now.

Other than day 18 and 19 drain , all I can think of is trying to maximize surround turns and retreating every day to potentially get more energy. Which I assume you already tried.

One thing I found though is that you can trigger megalomaniac on Judgement for that +50 energy and then break expo or inju t4 for triggering despair instead. That +50 energy from Megalomaniac is probably the reason why Judgements trait for it is the worst trait in the game.

As for FoK and psychometer, I was mainly focused on forsaken which are 100+ to deploy. I guess it was a stupid comparison though. I can be quite dumb sometimes:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gustavfv
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes