GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
It's probably that.

Mr.C used a strict comparison to trigger the event :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is strict:WutFace:Couldn't there be a <6, or if level_of_nur == >6 *this action* instead? I have no clue about ren'py coding or py coding in general, but if my thinking is right, this would cause a lot less troubleshooting mayhaps?:unsure: All I know is basic config of C+/SQL for server scripts/databases(mangos WOW etc.):HideThePain:

Reactions: deviantfiend999

waltage

May 19, 2017
Or the corruption level of the nurses are too high, due to previously modding stats. My level was set to 9, lowered it to 6 to be safe. IIRC 6 or 7 is max as of v2.0:unsure: Edit: Cant be bothered to check what the max is for 2.05, as I am quite bored of Corruption atm. Might check back on it in 7-8 month though:coffee:
i did'nt use any cheat only for money

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
That is strict:WutFace:Couldn't there be a <6, or if level_of_nur == >6 *this action* instead?
Normally it should have been level_of_nurse >= 6 and someFlag is False ; one should never be strict with its conditions, especially in a game that offer so much possible options. More precisely, an author should never make assumption about what the player have done or not. So defining a minimal or a maximal limit is good, it permit to mark the progression of the events. But doing both at once, or using a strict value, is to avoid at all cost, because it will force the player to follow a strict order when playing.
By example, still in the hospital, there's the possibility to ask Doctor Anne about her mother, which open the lobby. But once Anne will reach her last level of corruption, the option disappear, and boom you can't enslave the hospital. This just because Mr.C assumed that the player have had all the time to ask the question and so surely did it.

This solution work for me :
Use for your save and change "level_of_nur" for 6 (set to 7 in my save before change)
If the console is enabled (my mod do it, but there's unren (Windows, ) for those who don't want to use it) there's a fastest way.
Open the console with SHIFT + o, the just write level_of_nur = 6 and validate with the RETURN key.
To exit the console, just press ESCAPE or right click on the mouse.

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
The error stems from the game itself, I believe, as my clean save shit the bed too.:WutFace: Or too much cheating either through the D.S. mod and/or yours, and it bugs out the persistent state upon loading a save from a previous version.:geek: Could be a mix of both too. :unsure: Edit: Also, resetting the hospital/nurses fixes some things too:unsure: PS; Easiest fix is just starting over, without modding anything, or replacing files though. ;) Eventough I uploaded the 2.0 renpy/lib for those who just do not want to start over.:HideThePain:
For me I have never used a mod on this game, so I can confirm my issues are not mod related, I also tried using the files from my v2.0 and v1.95, this did not help.

Hope this helps clear some things up. Hopefully the v2.05 bugfix gets added to the OP if it has not already been added.

Reactions: GamleErik89

Jaaru

Aug 21, 2017
<-anonfiles. For those who have
If I violate any terms with this, I'll leave it up to the mod(s) what happens. (TCMS is it acceptable? It's a "fix", if only a temp one.)

Edit: To clarify, this is just a temporary stopgap measure, as there is a few events that does not trigger correctly, or at all. It is better to wait for a proper hotfix or start a new CLEAN game.
Thanks for the lib and renpy folders. They work.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Wow, thanks that was useless! Its hidden behind a pay wall dude, and I ain't paying 20 bucks for a bug fix
If it's crash on load try this:

<-anonfiles. For those who have
If I violate any terms with this, I'll leave it up to the mod(s) what happens. (TCMS is it acceptable? It's a "fix", if only a temp one.)

Edit: To clarify, this is just a temporary stopgap measure, as there is a few events that does not trigger correctly, or at all. It is better to wait for a proper hotfix or start a new CLEAN game.
If it's the hospital event it's this, as the trigger is way too strict:
Or the corruption level of the nurses are too high, due to previously modding stats* My level was set to 9, lowered it to 6 to be safe. IIRC 6 or 7 is max as of v2.0:unsure: Edit: Cant be bothered to check what the max is for 2.05, as I am quite bored of Corruption atm. Might check back on it in 7-8 month though:coffee:

*edit; or a bug with the corruption system in a previous version that over leveled the corruption stat on the nurses. Still my bet is on one or more mods interfered with a previous game version in such a way that the over leveling could happen. IDK really, but it is a logical conclusion, but I also believe that it is due to a mishmash of both mod and game code doing some weird tango.
Normally it should have been level_of_nurse >= 6 and someFlag is False ; one should never be strict with its conditions, especially in a game that offer so much possible options. More precisely, an author should never make assumption about what the player have done or not. So defining a minimal or a maximal limit is good, it permit to mark the progression of the events. But doing both at once, or using a strict value, is to avoid at all cost, because it will force the player to follow a strict order when playing.
By example, still in the hospital, there's the possibility to ask Doctor Anne about her mother, which open the lobby. But once Anne will reach her last level of corruption, the option disappear, and boom you can't enslave the hospital. This just because Mr.C assumed that the player have had all the time to ask the question and so surely did it.

If the console is enabled (my mod do it, but there's unren (Windows, ) for those who don't want to use it) there's a fastest way.
Open the console with SHIFT + o, the just write level_of_nur = 6 and validate with the RETURN key.
To exit the console, just press ESCAPE or right click on the mouse.

3.70 star(s) 200 Votes