mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I would've been fine with everything until this part. :KEK:
Believe me, she's a great gaslighter.
I think it is less gaslighting and more her being rewritten by different authors with malicious intent
its like a whole different character

read ahead though. i clarify that she shows different character later.
I went ahead and edited that line to make it clear it is only first appearance of being a sweetie.

Reactions: The the Guy

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
I remember Kiyoko as a sweetie as well, also I pretty much abbandon Kinu after they out of the orb and only talk to Kiyoko about fucking more babies into her and/or taking her as a party-member so I never noticed any assholery from her?

I pretty much just go to Kitsunes, kick their asses to complete Evergreen quest, refuse to elaborate further, get Kiyoko free and only visit treehouse to fuck/buy stuff from Kohaku, makes it somewhat enjoyable IMO.

Reactions: mrttao and Fiz1247

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
what bothers me about coc xianxia is that they half ass the xianxia.
its regular coc + xianxia on the side. there is 1 xianxia town. Xianxia is a foreign magic system transplanted into this world via an entire town getting isekaied into it, and it is an inferior force to the local magical system.

I wanted a total conversion
Yeah that bothered me about the xianxia mod but it seems the modders are planning to add more so thats nice

You forgot to mention what is wrong with kinu.

It is an explicit spite project

The kitsune are racial supremacists and general assholes, except kinu's mother kiyoko which at first appears to be a sweetie.
You develop romance with her, knock her up... and then she gives birth...

suddenly timeywimey happens and it is has been 19 years later. your daughter is now 19 years old. You missed her entire childhood.
Both her and her mother suddenly ascribe to kitsune assholish ways and view you as an inferior being. And are total cunts to you.
Kinu specifically hates you. and there are hints that kiyoko was an abusive mother.

Also, there is now an arranged marriage, and don't you dare try to intervene this is their superior kitsune ways.
You will also lose control over the MC to go through some emasculating scenes where you are blamed for things you didn't do and then take it and act like a little bitch.

she marries tob's SI who is an edgy fucker who talks down to you as you are a lesser species... or if you rock the boat enough some hick that is related to the first one.
tobs spend lots of money commissioning a fuckton of art featuring his SI railing kinu. Also made it his profile pic.

and it is chock full of flashbacks which are just garbage.
The entire thing is one big badly written spite project.
All the stuff with kinu and kiyoko bothered me a lot I'm ok with not doing incest with kinu but it would've been cool to be an actual parent and have an actual relationship with a love interest. Also the whole "you're not a kitsune you don't get a say in the arranged marriage" is even more annoying. The only kitsune a like now is rindo.

Last edited:

KloneZone

Apr 24, 2020

The kitsune are racial supremacists and general assholes, except kinu's mother kiyoko which at first appears to be a sweetie.
You develop romance with her, knock her up... and then she gives birth...

suddenly timeywimey happens and it is has been 19 years later. your daughter is now 19 years old. You missed her entire childhood.
Both her and her mother suddenly ascribe to kitsune assholish ways and view you as an inferior being. And are total cunts to you.
Kinu specifically hates you. and there are hints that kiyoko was an abusive mother.

Also, there is now an arranged marriage, and don't you dare try to intervene this is their superior kitsune ways.
You will also lose control over the MC to go through some emasculating scenes where you are blamed for things you didn't do and then take it and act like a little bitch.

she marries tob's SI who is an edgy fucker who talks down to you as you are a lesser species... or if you rock the boat enough some hick that is related to the first one.
tobs spend lots of money commissioning a fuckton of art featuring his SI railing kinu. Also made it his profile pic.

and it is chock full of flashbacks which are just garbage.
The entire thing is one big badly written spite project.
This is like a bash fic but even worse because they're getting paid for this.

Reactions: mrttao

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
This is like a bash fic but even worse because they're getting paid for this.
That's the thing though, iirc Tobs works for free. He requested to not accept payment in return for more autonomy in his writing and characters. That's why we get the Kitsune Den that has a ton of content while existing in its own special bubble and has jarringly out of place plots like Kinu POV chapters.

pinkcaitgang

Jun 28, 2020

Ye this post is why the superior way to play CoC2 is to avoid most things from Tobs, there is new talent on the team though and Savin consistently provides great content. I just wish there were more new authors coming in to replace the ones that have left, such as for the seemingly abandoned centaur village.

Dekkren

Oct 9, 2017
Wow... Reading the Devs response to modding was some of the most arrogant shit I've ever had the misfortune of being privy too.

" No game dev worth their smarts allowed modding until their game was well outside of development stages and mostly content ready " - BubbleLord *Dumbest Dev Quote of 2018*

Did anyone mention this nugget of retardism to Notch? The developer who created a billion dollar game who embraced modding and the community? And they want to add DRM? Are they intent to drive away any of their sane non-fanatical supporters? I have never seen a game succeed when the Devs are actively hostile towards their own player-base. Most good Devs cherish their community and the modders help to maintain interest in their games. Skyrim is 11 years old and still going strong because of its active dedicated community.

Remember running into Fen, Sav and the gang many years ago and to say they are full of themselves would be an understatement. Wiped my hands of their "creations/abominations" after witnessing first hand how toxic they are.

Kitty made a great expansion to CoC1 and should have been celebrated as someone was willing to breath new life into that abandoned mess, but Fenoxo couldn't even take a moment to descend his glorious golden throne to check out the mod and comment on it.

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
Wow... Reading the Devs response to modding was some of the most arrogant shit I've ever had the misfortune of being privy too.

" No game dev worth their smarts allowed modding until their game was well outside of development stages and mostly content ready " - BubbleLord *Dumbest Dev Quote of 2018*

Did anyone mention this nugget of retardism to Notch? The developer who created a billion dollar game who embraced modding and the community? And they want to add DRM? Are they intent to drive away any of their sane non-fanatical supporters? I have never seen a game succeed when the Devs are actively hostile towards their own player-base. Most good Devs cherish their community and the modders help to maintain interest in their games. Skyrim is 11 years old and still going strong because of its active dedicated community.

Remember running into Fen, Sav and the gang many years ago and to say they are full of themselves would be an understatement. Wiped my hands of their "creations/abominations" after witnessing first hand how toxic they are.

Kitty made a great expansion to CoC1 and should have been celebrated as someone was willing to breath new life into that abandoned mess, but Fenoxo couldn't even take a moment to descend his glorious golden throne to check out the mod and comment on it.
what was the CoC expansion?

Dekkren

Oct 9, 2017
what was the CoC expansion?
The Mod Author was Kitteh6660 and he/she put a lot of effort into cleaning up the code, fixing the game mechanics and adding new content. It was in my opinion the definitive way to play the game. Kitteh6660 had a post dedicated to the mod that was hugely popular on the Fenoxo Forums with a stretch goal to get Fenoxo to even try it. To my knowledge he never even acknowledged the mods existence.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Ye this post is why the superior way to play CoC2 is to avoid most things from Tobs, there is new talent on the team though and Savin consistently provides great content. I just wish there were more new authors coming in to replace the ones that have left, such as for the seemingly abandoned centaur village.
*Looks at name*
Yeah, this checks out.
I dunno about you but that poor shitty excuse for a DM isn't providing great and consistent content 'coz if he was, he would've already unlocked the Ryn cage.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
That's the thing though, iirc Tobs works for free. He requested to not accept payment in return for more autonomy in his writing and characters. That's why we get the Kitsune Den that has a ton of content while existing in its own special bubble and has jarringly out of place plots like Kinu POV chapters.
old news, he got into the paid crew a while back.

not only that but I believe he is a full member, so he gets paid more than just the wordcount metric.

Reactions: Walk Cycle and B2B2

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Have they added any corruption elements since the steam release ? (corruption elemenets that made CoC1 fun) Like that paladin who the demon gave a dick. Can we corrupt her further yet ?
CoC1 we got to do stuff as corrupt a local diety goddess, a monk rat, that bitch mouse. Turn a Harpy into a bimbo harpy etc etc.

One thing I hated about the game, is its leveling system made me feel so weak cause I would suck on my own. Do transformations give any benefits yet ? Can you aquire powerful stuff outside of the leveling ?

I last played it as steams release, and its was a shell of Coc1, no where near close. I agree exactly with the fox content being discussed, that was one BS of a questline. And im a big fan of monster/beast girls. Not even FMCs could get access to it cause the dev writing it refused to provide a way. I seen it being discussed in the steam forum too. Actually there was a scene in their with the mercanies that made me furious now that I think about, After beat that merc chick yet again, you get knocked unconscious from behind without able to do anything. Then she later recjoices her leader came to save her. Another bs thing.

My impression of CoC2 was it was worse and they didnt realize what made CoC1 more fun.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes