arcader000

Nov 13, 2019
"huh i's been several years since i played the original CoC i heard that there was a sequel i wounder how is- WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK!?" in a more serious note can someone give me the TL;DR of this hole drama and if this is even worth playin?
Some writers are bad, some are good and people on this forum get melodramatic as fuck lmfao.

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
"huh i's been several years since i played the original CoC i heard that there was a sequel i wounder how is- WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK!?" in a more serious note can someone give me the TL;DR of this hole drama and if this is even worth playin?
Savin is in full charge of developing CoC2.
If you are already familiar with bullshit done by Savin while original CoC was in development, multiply it by 10 for CoC2.
Like transformations being severely neutered compared to CoC. 99% of them are purely cosmetic, and you can't even turn yourself into a centaur. You know, transformations - the biggest selling point of original CoC, neutered into useless cosmetics.
Or cutting out chunks of content out of the game. They completely removed resolve system. And demoted Berwyn from companions to an average npc, removing all his companion-related content in the process.
Then there's personal beef among the writers. Like TOBS writing spiteful rape scene involving Wsan's character Brienne, without even notifying Wsan about it.

The list just goes on and on. One could write a full-blown dissertation about everything that is wrong with CoC2.

Unobtainium

Nov 4, 2021
Does anyone know how to trigger the so called interactions with the Hellhound children and Vatia children?
The notes said there was some but whenever I walk around the fort I either get forced into a breeding orgy with harpies or watch my lone hell hound daughter steal Liza's shit and vanish on her dog. And while the latter is both adorable and hilarious, I would really like to see the rest.
Also damn shame Mitra isn't included. I'm sure she would have a great time.

Reactions: JungleNuts

Clentryus

Nov 28, 2019
Savin is in full charge of developing CoC2.
If you are already familiar with bullshit done by Savin while original CoC was in development, multiply it by 10 for CoC2.
Like transformations being severely neutered compared to CoC. 99% of them are purely cosmetic, and you can't even turn yourself into a centaur. You know, transformations - the biggest selling point of original CoC, neutered into useless cosmetics.
Or cutting out chunks of content out of the game. They completely removed resolve system. And demoted Berwyn from companions to an average npc, removing all his companion-related content in the process.
Then there's personal beef among the writers. Like TOBS writing spiteful rape scene involving Wsan's character Brienne, without even notifying Wsan about it.

The list just goes on and on. One could write a full-blown dissertation about everything that is wrong with CoC2.
i'm not familiar with savin no i saw them on the credits of tits but thats about it, i mostly played that one modded version of CoC so not that familiar with their writing style besides like i said tits (which i guessn it explains why i fell off of it) but yeah this game looks like a ticking time bomb too bad i kinda liked the OG CoC even though it was modded

Tsubuhaza

Sep 28, 2020
Bias aside, it might be a curious play down the line when it's ready. Not in a good way, just a curious "so this is what all that Patreon money and random spite went into" way.

• Haha
Reactions: namelessone22

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Does anyone know how to trigger the so called interactions with the Hellhound children and Vatia children?
The notes said there was some but whenever I walk around the fort I either get forced into a breeding orgy with harpies or watch my lone hell hound daughter steal Liza's shit and vanish on her dog. And while the latter is both adorable and hilarious, I would really like to see the rest.
Also damn shame Mitra isn't included. I'm sure she would have a great time.
I only got it to trigger once by just walking around. I only just got that scene with Daliza so I think you'll just have to do that for awhile. The trigger rate is real low.

Reactions: JungleNuts

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
TLDR:
CoC was developed by fenoxo. who abandoned it to work on TiTs. (he later slapped a final boss in. claiming this means the game is "complete" despite all the WIP stuff everywhere)

One of the writers for CoC, called Savin, was given permission to use the CoC intellectual property to create a game called CoC2 without any involvement or input from fenoxo (the lead dev of CoC).

CoC2 is based on TiTs engine. It allegedly is based on CoC lore, but really does a piss poor job of adhering to it.
CoC stands for Corruption of Champions.
CoC2 stands for Cocks on Characters.

CoC2 does not allow for the player to become corrupted, nor does it allow for the player to be a champion.
The devs very vocally have a hateboner for "power fantasy" and make it very clear you are just a sidekick.

The world is not even the same world as CoC.
instead some rando fantasy world summons a single powerful futa demoness from mareth.
who is the BBEG, but is somehow less evil than the "gods of good" in this world.

Savin literally explicitly tries to coerce his writing team to only write "dickgirls" and nothing else.
Savin is extremely petty and engages in various spite projects that are detrimental to the game.
Explicitly admitting they are done out of spite, either spite towards the players or spite towards writers.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
TLDR:
CoC was developed by fenoxo. who abandoned it to work on TiTs. (he later slapped a final boss in. claiming this means the game is "complete" despite all the WIP stuff everywhere)

One of the writers for CoC, called Savin, was given permission to use the CoC intellectual property to create a game called CoC2 without any involvement or input from fenoxo (the lead dev of CoC).

CoC2 is based on TiTs engine. It allegedly is based on CoC lore, but really does a piss poor job of adhering to it.

CoC2 does not allow for the player to become corrupted, nor does it allow for the player to be a champion.
The devs very vocally have a hateboner for "power fantasy" and make it very clear you are just a sidekick.

instead some rando fantasy world summons a single powerful futa demoness from mareth.
who is the BBEG, but is somehow less evil than the "gods of good" in this world.

Savin literally explicitly tries to coerce his writing team to only write dickgirls and nothing else.
Savin is extremely petty and engages in various spite projects that are detrimental to the game.
Explicitly admitting they are done out of spite, either spite towards the players or spite towards writers.
Just to be a bit clearer.Savin not only based the lore of the coc2 in coc1 but he contradicted the story MULTIPLE TIMES.Breaking pre-existing rules and principles just cause.Somewhere in this thread theres a huge post i made talking about why the lore of the games so if you are interested to see how much savin fucked up feel free to search it up.

Raptor_RXN

Jan 20, 2024
TLDR:

Savin literally explicitly tries to coerce his writing team to only write "dickgirls" and nothing else.
Kas being the "bad guy" but also being hands down the best romantic path (especially with the aileh stuff) is the best twist and probably unintended, which makes it even better.

Raptor_RXN

Jan 20, 2024
It's really too bad you have to fund the groomer temple to see some of it.
apparently the non-groomer path is in salamanderopolis

I would argue kas is the best romance path not because she is a good character but because she has the most amount of content.
true, but it's also consistent and good quality she's the anti-cait and it's glorious

SacredBlack

Jan 14, 2018
Honestly CoC2 feel like playing/reading someone fanfiction/Ao3 than actual game for other people. Lack of choice and agency. NTR everywhere(most cait content are ntr). Futa content always added(if any girl is not a futa, there's great chance they gonna give u option to make turn into futa in some way). Lore dump on unrelated stuff that never relevant. Want to be kitsune? Give your soul to "god" which pretty much what we warned to avoid. Gave up your soul for cosmetic stuff and Nakano still act shit at u eventho u like partner with Kiyoko a high ranking Kitsune and father of Kinu he's dating. Also what's with Kitsune and pregnancy? Almost every kitsune girl can get pregnant. No one respect you eventhough u supposed to be "champion". So yea it's like compilation of ao3 story made into a game. Basically what I m saying it like each writer creating their own territory inside the game which is why it a mess. Well that's my opinion anyways.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes