throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I would say they copy pasted the engine from TiTs
That is precisely what they did, as evidenced by this string from the appearance screen before the 0.3.39 rework, if you set the exhibitionism stat to 100 via save editing:

Screenshot (636).png

Also, there are a bunch of leftover TFs and their flags from TiTS which are either unused or repurposed for CoC2.

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
If the TiTS engine is basically copy-pasted, could be far more easier to snippet and create a decent CoC "unofficial" game innit?

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
the game even it half decent it not worth if they were smart they will crate more than a decent characters and not half bake not decent character at least the mod made them half decent and crap lost potential

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Should not be that hard to port the code from Java to HTML5
if you mean as3 to javascript the main issue with attempting it using hgg as a base (the other one can screw itself for rn because of its UI choices) is all the fixes required by apache royale. Even with access to the as3 VM code here the conversion has many hickups.

These range from issues that can be fixed via search and replace to parts of the code which require actual research and studying of how both the game itself works and how the avm work in tandem with one another.
An example of what i mean by complex can be seen below.

Code:
            var xmlList:XMLList = describeType(ConsumableLib).factory.constant;
            for each (var item:XML in xmlList){
                if(consumables[item.@name] is Consumable){
                    testArray.push(consumables[item.@name]);
                    trace(String(consumables[item.@name]));
                } else {
                    trace("Not Added: "+String(consumables[item.@name]));
                }
            }
This part doesn't have a good apache royale analog and even in as3 is only really mentioned briefly.

describeType(ConsumableLib).factory.constant

its reference can be seen here but the page makes no mention of the constant property.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: King_Ogre

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
if you mean as3 to javascript the main issue with attempting it using hgg as a base (the other one can screw itself for rn because of its UI choices) is all the fixes required by apache royale. Even with access to the as3 VM code here the conversion has many hickups.

These range from issues that can be fixed via search and replace to parts of the code which require actual research and studying of how both the game itself works and how the avm work in tandem with one another.
An example of what i mean by complex can be seen below.

Code:
                } else {
                }
            }
This part doesn't have a good apache royale analog and even in as3 is only really mentioned briefly.

its reference can be seen here but the page makes no mention of the constant property.
That must be traces from flash code while porting. From my side could be more easy get the code and port it on pyton (less hassle with Java).

Another part could extract references and port them to HTML5. But by just watching the main code, it needs easy a couple months of just cleaning and debugging.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
That must be traces from flash code while porting. From my side could be more easy get the code and port it on pyton (less hassle with Java).

Another part could extract references and port them to HTML5. But by just watching the main code, it needs easy a couple months of just cleaning and debugging.
well I'm using this to port it to allow the code to remain as as3.

if you mean the fenoxo supported version the reason I gave up in that spot for now is because their UI is not just pure as3. to make any edits to it at all you need adobe animate or any other adobe flash supported product. hgg at least has a UI that is pure as3 which still isn't perfect but it does make any sort of port job theoretically easier.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: King_Ogre

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
If the TiTS engine is basically copy-pasted, could be far more easier to snippet and create a decent CoC "unofficial" game innit?
IMO, a flavoured-CoC theme created from scratch would have far more potential than a unofficial CoC2 port . I genuinely think a mod won't solve all the issues plaguing COC successor.

I worked for a bit on a CoC2 port using the MZ engine coupled to JS scripts. Initially, my motivation was nothing more than to do justice to the the wayfort, where players could turn a ruin into a place they could call their own, and over time, conquer the surrounding region.

On the technical side, the proof-of-concept was up to my expectations (Font-size, HD resolution, parser system, TF items), but when I realized I was constrained by Savin's storytelling , I lost all the interest I had for the project.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
IMO, a flavoured-CoC theme created from scratch would have far more potential than a unofficial CoC2 port . I genuinely think a mod won't solve all the issues plaguing COC successor.

I worked for a bit on a CoC2 port using the MZ engine coupled to JS scripts. Initially, my motivation was nothing more than to do justice to the the wayfort, where players could turn a ruin into a place they could call their own, and over time, conquer the surrounding region.

On the technical side, the proof-of-concept was up to my expectations (Font-size, HD resolution, parser system, TF items), but when I realized I was constrained by Savin's storytelling , I lost all the interest I had for the project.
Ever thought of making your own text-based game like this?

Fikedever

May 26, 2020
Should not be that hard to port the code from Java to HTML5
People continue to refer to it as the Java version as a shortening of JavaScript when JS is shorter and not ambiguous.

Java - made by Sun Microsystems, currently owned by Oracle.
JavaScript - interpreted language originally built for web browsers.
HTML5 - refers to a set of modern web technologies including the Living HTML Standard and JavaScript APIs.
Code:
                } else {
                }
            }

I recognize the part from Java (Oracle). The <factory> tag has "all instance properties and methods are nested inside this tag". The reason it doesn't describe anything in the attribute field is because this is dependent based on the passed input "value".

What this means is that "constant" is a tag/attribute of the returned XML based on the input "ConsumableLib" type/class object/constructor function. You might need to look at "ConsumableLib" for information on "constant".

"constant" itself also isn't necessarily an XMLList - describeType() just uses XML to represent the reflection of the passed in value so that you can write self-modifying code.

Does that help?

enumate

Jun 12, 2020

CoC2 fanbase sitting on the bench.
Savin hiding in the trees
KH1 is Cait genderbent content
KH2 is Kala genderbent added

Making this into a gif wasn't worth the trouble. Enjoy the content.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
People continue to refer to it as the Java version as a shortening of JavaScript when JS is shorter and not ambiguous.

Java - made by Sun Microsystems, currently owned by Oracle.
JavaScript - interpreted language originally built for web browsers.
HTML5 - refers to a set of modern web technologies including the Living HTML Standard and JavaScript APIs.

I recognize the part from Java (Oracle). The <factory> tag has "all instance properties and methods are nested inside this tag". The reason it doesn't describe anything in the attribute field is because this is dependent based on the passed input "value".

What this means is that "constant" is a tag/attribute of the returned XML based on the input "ConsumableLib" type/class object/constructor function. You might need to look at "ConsumableLib" for information on "constant".

"constant" itself also isn't necessarily an XMLList - describeType() just uses XML to represent the reflection of the passed in value so that you can write self-modifying code.

Does that help?
yes I just got frustrated after a while of trying to figure out whats the closest apache royale way of using reflection to find all instances of a class.

After I think 2-3hrs I figured out it was merely a way to get the names of all "consumable" items in the game without needing to handcode a list of all consumable items beforehand through the magic of reflection.

Reactions: Fikedever
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes