Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
This update was genuinely disappointing, though I admit I don't care for etheryn to begin with.
That's crazy. I may be hyper critical. But, in regards to content this game has gotten in ages, this quest was pretty fleshed out, had a large amount of contents with many variations of (non repetable) loss scenes, a few win scenes, multiple items (the boar being a bit unbalanced as a summon) tons of lore and a smattering of world building.

Like okay. You don't like Ryn dedick whatnot blah blah she''ll impregnate Elthara blah blah. Yeah yeah I'm there. But that's a different thing.

The quest itself was pretty well done. Contrast the shit you get up to here with the disaster that was Gweyr quest.

I must fucking suck, cause I'm playing on easy mode and the dungeon boss is absolutely steamrolling me and my companions
Alissa herself isn't very well balanced but neither is the game so just take manual control and fire off everybodies once per encounter after her 3 turn silence wears off and the fight will end right then and there in victory.

Reactions: Jaset

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
The fuck are you all on?
To be fair, the general level of understanding of trans people is that they aren't comfortable in their bodies and see themselves as the opposite gender. That's the foundation of what most people know (myself included). So in a game where the ability to change yourself is prevalent and easy to access, it becomes hard to justifiably put a trans character in that setting without it coming off as insulting or shoehorned in (like the TiTs character they made). So I believe that is where everyone is coming from. On that note, is Ryn even trans? Doesn't the fact that she is perfectly content with her body stop her from being transgender? Is that something that started here on F95 or has it been stated elsewhere? If I am wrong about any of this, please correct me. My knowledge about the transgender community is about nonexistent.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
Think I'll hold off until the next update. For such a giant part of the game, getting that dumb cage removed, and a clean version 0.6.0, I kinda expected a better response from everyone here!

Btw who is this dragon knight character?
She's a miniboss in the most recent quest, has a scene for if you lose to her and also a capture option if you built the dungeon in the wayfort with the promise of more content further down the line. Though no time soon from what they've said.

On that note, is Ryn even trans? Doesn't the fact that she is perfectly content with her body stop her from being transgender? Is that something that started here on F95 or has it been stated elsewhere? If I am wrong about any of this, please correct me. My knowledge about the transgender community is about nonexistent.
No, Ryn is not trans. People read too much into one or two lines about her feeling like a woman and decided that she was, author has gone on record multiple times to say she is not trans nor will she be changing her gender at any point in the future. As for if that started here or elsewhere I've no idea but it's a very persistent misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
To be fair, the general level of understanding of trans people is that they aren't comfortable in their bodies and see themselves as the opposite gender. That's the foundation of what most people know (myself included). So in a game where the ability to change yourself is prevalent and easy to access, it becomes hard to justifiably put a trans character in that setting without it coming off as insulting or shoehorned in (like the TiTs character they made). So I believe that is where everyone is coming from. On that note, is Ryn even trans? Doesn't the fact that she is perfectly content with her body stop her from being transgender? Is that something that started here on F95 or has it been stated elsewhere? If I am wrong about any of this, please correct me. My knowledge about the transgender community is about nonexistent.
Ryn isn't trans, she hasn't even been complaining about her body like these posters are ranting about. I don't even know why they are making these weird ass trans statements.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
People read too much into one or two lines about her feeling like a woman
Bit more than that. It'd be a bit much to minimalize something like that. The entire spiel is that when she says she feels like the MC's woman she means that she is a woman and she feels like "yours" as in a couple thing. This isn't the same as her identifying as half-sex and saying that she feels like she's a different gender i.e; a woman.

The intent can easily be gleamed via word of god but it still remains the most misleading sentence of the character and an uncharacteristic fuckup of somebody with Savin's pedigree.

But the other half of it is this subby buttslut elf is going to metamorph into a bigdick bitch breaker. And speaking of fuckups this epilogue is one as well, where the player is explicitly leg locked into choosing who their subby buttslut is going to rut with if they're not as into catching anal as Savin clearly is. No gently easing you into it either. No way to opt out of even knowing, you're going to pick.

As always the authors talents show out in the quest but his willingness to bludgeon you in the vain hope to open you to his sharing fetish remains as clumsy as ever.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
That's crazy. I may be hyper critical. But, in regards to content this game has gotten in ages, this quest was pretty fleshed out, had a large amount of contents with many variations of (non repetable) loss scenes, a few win scenes, multiple items (the boar being a bit unbalanced as a summon) tons of lore and a smattering of world building.

Like okay. You don't like Ryn dedick whatnot blah blah she''ll impregnate Elthara blah blah. Yeah yeah I'm there. But that's a different thing.

The quest itself was pretty well done. Contrast the shit you get up to here with the disaster that was Gweyr quest.

Alissa herself isn't very well balanced but neither is the game so just take manual control and fire off everybodies once per encounter after her 3 turn silence wears off and the fight will end right then and there in victory.
I'm just not interested in Ryn lore. The only part of this I found interesting was Gytha. Who doesn't have repeatable content yet.

I mean maybe if I could fuck alissa or something, y'know. Ryn is just not as interesting as Savin thinks she is. I would swap for her demon sister if I could.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
I'm just not interested in Ryn lore. The only part of this I found interesting was Gytha. Who doesn't have repeatable content yet.

I mean maybe if I could fuck alissa or something, y'know. Ryn is just not as interesting as Savin thinks she is. I would swap for her demon sister if I could.
Sure and I get that 100% even if I used to like the elf. But, the quest itself is more than just about Etheryn even if it the character relations revolve around her and Alissa. The dungeon is the largest one in the game thus far and has the most amount of content except maybe Winter City itself.

Admittedly the memory stone is a bit of a clumsy way to show a view into the past but I guess there ain't a much better way to show a slice of history with multiple character interactions then that so it is what it is.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
I imagine most people aren’t into loss scenes because they take control from you and usually include something going up your butt, win scenes vary wildly based on your tastes, same with items depending on how you play, and lore/worldbuilding is just filler unless you’re actually invested in the “story” that takes forever to progress. That’s even assuming you remember half the shit that gets regurgitated at you. It’s not that big of a mystery for people to be unsatisfied.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
But the other half of it is this subby buttslut elf is going to metamorph into a bigdick bitch breaker.
Well if that's your worry then yeah you can chill out. Nothing about post cage Ryn indicates she's suddenly going to go full chad thundercock, more's the pity. As for the post quest scene, expecting monogomy this late into development after everything that's gone before just seems like setting yourself up for disappointment. Click past the scene, from what others have said it doesn't even detail what happens, then go on as if it never happened.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes