Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Oh man, there's so many different complaints to simplify. I'll try and tldr the main ones: Because the game has a bunch of different writers, the MC is written extremely inconsistently which can really hurt immersion.

For a game about corruption and sequel to a game about corruption, there's not actually much corruption.

As said above, one writer tends to write very pretentious-sounded and long-winded scenes that, again, are wildly inconsistent in regards to how your character behaves. Sometimes they sound like a fucking genius of a scholar, othertimes they're a moron.

Because there's so many writers, some characters are dead-ended as their writers have left the project and nobody else wants to take over. One character, Berwyn, was a companion/party member and when the writer left they decided to remove him from that role (understandable imo as he would never get new content for quests and such), but in so doing removed a lot of his existing content including sex scenes.

Also, as someone who's been around since the old days, there's just been a loooot of bad behavior and shitty attitudes from the major players of Fen&Co that's resulted in a fairly poisoned opinion of them, regardless of their work.
hmmm ok im getting the picture.So the devs/authors whatever you want to call them care more for writing shitposting fan fic bout their fav fetishes than making a good game that their fan base that is giving them MONEY cough cough would enjoy.

Got that right?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
hmmm ok im getting the picture.So the devs/authors whatever you want to call them care more for writing shitposting fan fic bout their fav fetishes than making a good game that their fan base that is giving them MONEY cough cough would enjoy.

Got that right?
Well, not exactly. See, the people they consider to be the "fan base" tends to eat this shit up. You hear a lot of complaints on this site because there's an army of rabid fanboys on the official forums that rips apart anyone who dares to criticize. That's who they're pandering to. The people who've been sinking money into the game for so long that they'll cope with anything to avoid admitting the game is going to shit. And it works, they're still making bank as far as I know.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Oh plus quick question.I am only on the whole save Garret quest so pls dont spoil stuff but is cait being a slut that fucks anything due to one of the writers fetish?Like thats their thing?Or does it have some deeper lore implication i havent yet read?

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Well, not exactly. See, the people they consider to be the "fan base" tends to eat this shit up. You hear a lot of complaints on this site because there's an army of rabid fanboys on the official forums that rips apart anyone who dares to criticize. That's who they're pandering to. The people who've been sinking money into the game for so long that they'll cope with anything to avoid admitting the game is going to shit. And it works, they're still making bank as far as I know.
oh so the coomer bait worked and so they ponder to coomers because corpo greed.Shame

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021

Got that right?
The thing is also that their audience doesn't exactly hold them accountable either. Take a look:

1687712944722.png

With this much money, what reason do they have to be better?

Reactions: Runufiv

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
oh so the coomer bait worked and so they ponder to coomers because corpo greed.Shame
Pretty much, yeah

Oh plus quick question.I am only on the whole save Garret quest so pls dont spoil stuff but is cait being a slut that fucks anything due to one of the writers fetish?Like thats their thing?Or does it have some deeper lore implication i havent yet read?
That's just a Savin trademark. His TiTS character, Anno, is also an unabashed slut who will literally pick up random dudes in front of you. There is lore surrounding it, but it's pretty much just "she comes from a religion of sluts." (not spoilers, she's open about that)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Pretty much, yeah

That's just a Savin trademark. His TiTS character, Anno, is also an unabashed slut who will literally pick up random dudes in front of you. There is lore surrounding it, but it's pretty much just "she comes from a religion of sluts." (not spoilers, she's open about that)
a religion of sluts...A religion of sluts...?Ok im lowering my expectations for the future.Appreciate it!

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I don't get it with these people, they are okay with npcs doing horrible shit to the characters they created but abhor the idea of being given the choice to do the same thing back in an rpg. Can't they simply choose not to do it if they don't want to? That's the logic they'd use on us if we don't like content they like. Anyone here with a psychology degree or something can explain this please?
Double standards and assumptions like 'everybody doing X is bad because of Y, but I do it in Z way, so its not so bad now'.
The thing is also that their audience doesn't exactly hold them accountable either. Take a look:

View attachment 2723415

With this much money, what reason do they have to be better?
It was around 50k last time.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
a religion of sluts...A religion of sluts...?Ok im lowering my expectations for the future.Appreciate it!
Just get the minoguy then go south of the main city with him on the party and get him a new shiny set of armor. If you don't like what comes of it then might as well quit, cause that's as good as it gets.

Also if you meet a bunnyguy, drown him. He never gets better.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
So stay away from the foxes, gotcha.

Is this game all preplaned or is any of this procedurally generated?

If it's planned out, is there a walkthrough?

Also, can you give items to your companions?
everything is hand written by a large (dysfunctional) team of writers.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
Could never really stomach being a dickhead towards Lottie. The more extreme aspects of corrupt Sheila generally makes me steer clear or skip the intro of her re-introduction.
But for Lottie, she works both ways in the grand scheme of things given if you bop her values really high up there she turns into err... Unkind NTR content so fairs fair I guess. Anyways that particular aspect isn't a patreon thing given the bad ends these people have written.

As for Amily, you're way less hard on her than Alissa is on you in her bad end where the author makes you know the entire affair is somewhat painful.
That I've read legitimate panning for corrupt Amily by the exact same people who found Alissa's bad end hot is whacky considering what she does to you is way worse than what you do to Amily.

I'm sure there's supposed to be some parallels there but it was significantly more one sided. Where as for Amily you force feed her the 'be a slut now' potion and she becomes a willing slut for the MC. Keeps a bit of personality and still has will (not wanting to get sent to the farm and separated from the MC, cries when the character is genderless and tiny bouts of jealousy), she just has her moral compass flipped.

Way different than brutally and painfully sodomizing somebody into submission in CoC2, all the while verbally degrading them and forcefully TFing them into another mindwashed broken slave.
Though between you and me, the first Amily scene out of the three is generally too mean for me anyways, so I skip it.

I generally had/have to play on one of the mods where I can still be a corrupt asshole and have things like both demons but also get to keep pure Amily, sophie, jojo, etc.

It was around 50k last time.
That's not true
The highest it's ever been was 33k
It's remained rather consistent after hitting it's plateau.

Not a bad haul. And for what it's worth they do consistently release content. So it's well deserved. Usually
Less so this month. Imagine paying this month for 1 entire backer patch.

so ive seen MANY people have many problems bout CoC2.I just found out bout the game and i am very intrigued about what this whole dislike of the devs is about.Could a kind soul give me a tldr?
'Dislike' of the devs is a bit much of a descriptor. Some devs are prone to certain inclinations so you can make assumptions on content being released by whose name is attached to it.
Tobs kills all eroticism in a scene by overexplaining shit like the colors of drapes
Any futa/dickgirl Wsan writes will be a 'muh dick is my only defining characteristic' Futadom
Anything Bubs writes will be terrible.

As for the complaints on a project. It's panned as a sequel but is a very poor sequel that embraces nearly none of the qualities that people liked about the original game:
  • No extensive corruption content.
  • No player agency. No player choice in general.
  • Near no control over camp followers (companions in this game)
  • Most content has a single outcome
  • You choose between doing things 'the right way' and having no content.
  • The player character isn't a player character but instead a controllable mook with as much of the players 'voice' as the protagonist of a linear kinetic novel
  • Significantly less TF options
  • Significantly less TF based sexual content (you're a bipedal of some kind. Period)

In regards to the game itself, it comes to the content:
  • Centaur village was made in like year 1 and the corrupt path still isn't finished multiple years later
  • Spite project that won't be named #1
  • Corrupt hive gives up an entire companion and their associated scenes to get 1.5 scenes and no content instead.
  • Rival Kas is increasingly being significantly less supported in comparison to lover Kas with nothing in return.
  • Many large scale quests written by the project lead gives exactly 0 shits about anything that isn't one of his characters
  • Spite project that won't be named #2
  • The narrative hasn't pushed forward in like half a year
  • The narrative consistency is all over the place in regards to time, impact, scale, and urgency
The rest is little nitpicks. Kiyokos marriage is STILL missing it's CG in game. A moderate amount of typos and grammatical I submitted when I still cared are all still in years later. OC's will never be put in a disadvantaged positions.

The last is mostly about authors.
Not them personally but that you know what you're going to get just by who is writing the content. Some writers produce content for themselves and won't budge an inch for player enjoyment (including an increasing trend of one-time limited scenes in 2023. heh). Some are prone to leaving things in game half baked. A particular writer will gleefully kill all eroticism by dedicating 200 words halfway into the scene to overexplaining sterile inane environmental stuff.

Mostly? Year 1 when this game looked like it was going to grow up into something way different than what it is now.

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
Not just a religion of slut, a religion of sluts that groom children. Seriously.
Can't forget the slut weddings, which may come into fruition if you build the temple. Which your currently forced to do if your on Kas' love route. Because that's the only way you find out that she can have legitimate children and continue her quest. I find it hard to believe that a kid never stumbled upon one of those and wasn't affected negatively

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
The thing I've noticed about his self inserts is that he seems to write them as whatever he thinks is "cool". Takahiro is a complete loser and is rewarded for being one. Dude is drunk all the time and even before that when he was supposedly more awesome he still sounds like a loser,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

His other self insert Leofric is a wandering OP shonen harem protagonist, you know, just one of many people part of the club of being way more powerful than you and can defeat Kasyrra but just don't for some reason. He will knock your character out after enough fights with Lieutenant Jen (another silly girl in love with what's essentially a wandering fuckboy) unless a specific stat is high enough.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Could never really stomach being a dickhead towards Lottie. The more extreme aspects of corrupt Sheila generally makes me steer clear or skip the intro of her re-introduction.
But for Lottie, she works both ways in the grand scheme of things given if you bop her values really high up there she turns into err... Unkind NTR content so fairs fair I guess. Anyways that particular aspect isn't a patreon thing given the bad ends these people have written.

As for Amily, you're way less hard on her than Alissa is on you in her bad end where the author makes you know the entire affair is somewhat painful.
That I've read legitimate panning for corrupt Amily by the exact same people who found Alissa's bad end hot is whacky considering what she does to you is way worse than what you do to Amily.

I'm sure there's supposed to be some parallels there but it was significantly more one sided. Where as for Amily you force feed her the 'be a slut now' potion and she becomes a willing slut for the MC. Keeps a bit of personality and still has will (not wanting to get sent to the farm and separated from the MC, cries when the character is genderless and tiny bouts of jealousy), she just has her moral compass flipped.

Way different than brutally and painfully sodomizing somebody into submission in CoC2, all the while verbally degrading them and forcefully TFing them into another mindwashed broken slave.
Though between you and me, the first Amily scene out of the three is generally too mean for me anyways, so I skip it.

I generally had/have to play on one of the mods where I can still be a corrupt asshole and have things like both demons but also get to keep pure Amily, sophie, jojo, etc.

That's not true
The highest it's ever been was 33k
It's remained rather consistent after hitting it's plateau.

Not a bad haul. And for what it's worth they do consistently release content. So it's well deserved. Usually
Less so this month. Imagine paying this month for 1 entire backer patch.

'Dislike' of the devs is a bit much of a descriptor. Some devs are prone to certain inclinations so you can make assumptions on content being released by whose name is attached to it.
Tobs kills all eroticism in a scene by overexplaining shit like the colors of drapes
Any futa/dickgirl Wsan writes will be a 'muh dick is my only defining characteristic' Futadom

As for the complaints on a project. It's panned as a sequel but is a very poor sequel that embraces nearly none of the qualities that people liked about the original game:
  • No extensive corruption content.
  • No player agency. No player choice in general.
  • Near no control over camp followers (companions in this game)
  • Most content has a single outcome
  • You choose between doing things 'the right way' and having no content.
  • The player character isn't a player character but instead a controllable mook with as much of the players 'voice' as the protagonist of a linear kinetic novel
  • Significantly less TF options
  • Significantly less TF based sexual content (you're a bipedal of some kind. Period)

In regards to the game itself, it comes to the content:
  • Centaur village was made in like year 1 and the corrupt path still isn't finished multiple years later
  • Spite project that won't be named #1
  • Corrupt hive gives up an entire companion and their associated scenes to get 1.5 scenes and no content instead.
  • Rival Kas is increasingly being significantly less supported in comparison to lover Kas with nothing in return.
  • Many large scale quests written by the project lead gives exactly 0 shits about anything that isn't one of his characters
  • Spite project that won't be named #2
  • The narrative hasn't pushed forward in like half a year
  • The narrative consistency is all over the place in regards to time, impact, scale, and urgency
The rest is little nitpicks. Kiyokos marriage is STILL missing it's CG in game. A moderate amount of typos and grammatical I submitted when I still cared are all still in years later. OC's will never be put in a disadvantaged positions.

The last is mostly about authors.
Not them personally but that you know what you're going to get just by who is writing the content. Some writers produce content for themselves and won't budge an inch for player enjoyment (including an increasing trend of one-time limited scenes in 2023. heh). Some are prone to leaving things in game half baked. A particular writer will gleefully kill all eroticism by dedicating 200 words halfway into the scene to overexplaining sterile inane environmental stuff.

Mostly? Year 1 when this game looked like it was going to grow up into something way different than what it is now.
Pain sufferring and dissapointment then.my fav...

Well is TiTs any better or do the 2 games share the same fate?

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
TiTs has a little more freedom and you can somewhat cuck other people too to some extent which is way more than in COC2 where you are the only person that has the "privelage" to get cucked.
So bit more freedom but a lot of the uhh mistakes? bad writing choices? idk what to call it sry are shared between the 2 games?

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes