Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
So basically, the average fen forums experience.
I've been there, I won't be surprised if everything I said got purged too.
I want to change colour of my text here!!! Honk honk

What's this POP game?

Y'all are talkin about out curiosity?

Is it "Pop! Pop! Pop!" or no?
Prince of Persia
Up to forgotten sands its pretty good, if you ask me.

Last edited:

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Okay, I have done almost ever quest, The Sleeping Naga showed up in wayfort one time for a nap, I naped also with them. and Never seen her again. Made a camp in the forest, and the other forest, still nothing. What am I not doing to trigger the event?

Alphonsocat

Apr 20, 2023
so what does the mod do? I read the change log but it doesn't explain shit. what does "patched out NTR with X and X characters" means? it was removed or added or fixed?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I find it weird CoC2 got modded before TiTS despite being way younger.
There was a mod for TiTS back in the day (called BOOBS iirc) which added back things like the frostwyrm incest and the kiro-kally incest (blood sisters not stepsisters) as well as some other stuff. But the modder disappeared before the conversion from flash to javascript

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
He got whacked.
Was this a joke, or do you have some knowledge of what happened to him? My memory of that time is very hazy, all I remember is he just sorta disappeared. But if there's info I'm not aware of, I'd like to hear it

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Was this a joke, or do you have some knowledge of what happened to him? My memory of that time is very hazy, all I remember is he just sorta disappeared. But if there's info I'm not aware of, I'd like to hear it
Nah I’m just kidding. I almost wouldn’t put it past some of these devs to order a hit on someone who modded their game, though.

Reactions: fdfggfd and Jollira

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Pretty sure he got served or dmca or w/e the crap it is. And if he did, he folded rather than be dragged into court, and publicly exposed ;/ Everyone would fold for that.

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
Btw, is the mod linked in the OP still being worked on or is it a dead end at this point?
The mod is dead while the game is an ugly, writhing mass that was once full of potential. The only way the mod will see work is once the game finally dies. Either by the devs getting too lazy and rushing it or abandoning it alltogether to work on the next game. That will take years, and who knows whether there will be any interest in making a mod at that point.

Jun 1, 2017
Guys....was this series ever good? Did we all just get tricked by looking at the pretty potriats into tolerating this games horrible writing?
View attachment 2800833
jokes and memes aside, imo the main thing about coc, fen games etc, is if you want enjoyment you always have to look at it as basically, a collection of short stories, or maybe like a series of "fan fics" based on the same series, or like comic book character runs. There's multiple writers that have done multiple characters, each with different interests, and they also have checkmarks for patron polls or, if they get through, writer desires or biases, which can lead to either characters you love becoming crap, or characters you hate getting another look, or a hypothetical poll winning so azyrran gets a minimal appeal scene like neglect play with liaden while you're tied to a chair and unable to do anything or cait gets another ntr roleplay because whales said so.

It's not made with a set vision and character personalities like most of the big visual novel/ adult games, so basically you get different levels of enjoyment out of characters based on who's writing, and what time they're writing them, unless they go entirely scorched earth and retroactively change or straight up drop
characters (Berwyn, harpy in tower supposed to have been much more important etc) and characters or groups of them there for incredibly long amounts of time may also be marked "done" and unceremoniously put on a bus (entire hawkethorne wolf family for example) for the New Hotness.

the easiest, harshest way I know to describe enjoyment of them is, it's like dumpster diving. Theres definitely something in them, most likely you can find something you like, but you'll have to wade through a lot to get there, and most likely nothing special is at the bottom. Several fun romantic moments, several fun evil moments, a lot of "so bad it's good" or moments where your character starts acting randomly like a strong edgy anime mc who in reality is just a weak willed "yes honey" ntr protag (the observer) or as if you always have the bimbo personality and are a purely feminine female (alypia) you can get a laugh out of or, the lions share of moments, get infuriated at (basically entire gweyr arc, lusamine cait weird ntr scene, jassira as a whole, gods not intervening hard to stop other gods messing with their domain (kitsune content) etc etc)

Tldr there *are* good moments in them, but there's also a lot of bad, like a seesaw. Longer is there's many other games that have the same stuff but less bad and more good at a time. Ntr games have the partner be more likeable so it hurts/gets some off better or is hotter to imagine being the bull and usually, in the east at least, the art is top notch with voice acting and various scenes. Brienne is great, kiyokos start is good, brint is pretty good, others are ok, but even specifically muscular minotaur wives with milk fetish the mc wrestles with have been done better in indie books on amazon. Kitsune romances in particular have been done far better multiple times, kiyoko pales in comparison to tamamo in mgq or fate, kohakuren in alchemy meister etc etc Male romances being done better wasn't even a competition until jstars work with tetsuya, it's at least something. They're just not very competitive in any field. The gameplay is ok. Moiras work is alright, better than adjathas proportions definitely. The story is serviceable but the mc is basically a glorified observer like in ff12, at best a delivery boy for kas while everyone else is special, strong, hottest man, hottest woman etc. No audio whatsoever. Coc2 has more cgs than the other fengames so they are at least competitive there, but usually have weird self inserts instead of having "faceless mc" or positions mc isn't directly shown so men or women can be more immersed. Very few characters are meant to be special they're just content obligations finished up on quota, so memorable characters are fewer and fewer by the patch. None of the fap scenes are good enough to make up for that, even mostly vanilla stuff like majikoi has better fap dom/sub/kink scenes.

If most characters were at least up to briennes attention and long term care and protection they might be able to pull off some surprising stuff, jstar seems like they care some and might be promising, but too much has been dropped at this point for it to really be good unless they straight up soft rebooted (not going to happen). Stuff like tobs just wanting to make a kinu story/princess maker knockoff, with savins cait personality being very weird and abrasive (even for a "free love"/open relationship type), her culture being the WHOLE can of worms but being written as if its actually pretty reasonable while she's one of the key characters, various stuff in game written similar to urtas content where characters banging others or basically cheating is wrote up as just a hot entry to a three way or mc to have a ntr fetish instead of any drama or anger or rewrites, I dunno, whole games rigged from the start.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes