Lucky_I

May 2, 2021
Dude outlined it pretty well, in this world of overpowered mary sues, self inserts and author favorites, the Champ is made weaker then them both in narrative and gameplay regularly.
I can't think of instances that are narratively like that, so I'll just take your word on it. I'm probably missing something.

But the gameplay part I don't get, what exactly is the complaint? That like farmer Dave can box you and 2 other party members and that you can't solo him or something? Cause that's an RPG thing, a lot of them are like just like that(I can name 5 off the top of my head) and that's generally the intention.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Hi do any of you know where Thalia's body is?
You can find find out where on the bookshelf in the far left, the cracked bookshelf to be specific.

As to where she is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unless they changed the location of Thalia's body in the bugfix update, I think it's random. So check the bookshelf.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Lucky_I

Basty96

May 4, 2017
More like the guy that submitted a less controversial way to get that corrupted ending.

Tackling that again is my next big project, once I'm done with my current one.
Controversial? the fuck is so controversial about it? that you suddenly get to have a corrupting/meaningful choice
or that you can fuck the lesbo Paladin or what? inb4 once reworked they accidentally slip into the honey without you doing anything to take away even more of what little player agency you have.

Her author is having issues they're working through. Once things improve, more content will come.

Still, this is not the place to discuss thst.
no this and the TiTS thread on here are the place to discuss that.

Probably due to gameplay balance.

CoC2 is not a power fantasy, so they don't write the PC as becoming ridiculously overpowered. Remember that soulbinding is an option, so you have to make the game challenging for players that choose to take it and those that don't.
man that's one of the shittiest justifications for making the player weak.

Basty96

May 4, 2017
I can't think of instances that are narratively like that, so I'll just take your word on it. I'm probably missing something.

But the gameplay part I don't get, what exactly is the complaint? That like farmer Dave can box you and 2 other party members and that you can't solo him or something? Cause that's an RPG thing, a lot of them are like just like that(I can name 5 off the top of my head) and that's generally the intention.
no we talking about shit like this 1711197633562.png
like why go on this quest to save the world if literally anyone is stronger than you anyway? and don't come in here with "yOuR sOuL iS sPeShUl" you can give it away and boom no speshul soul anymore

Last edited:

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
I finally got around to playing RynQuest and my god they're really bad at lore and world-building. The entire time I was playing through it I was just thinking to myself "This shit is BORING." I usually like reading about lore but in this case it's just like... why? It goes absolutely nowhere and is just there to be there. It doesn't add to the world-building in any meaningful way, it doesn't get you to feel anything, and it doesn't tell anything unique. Why bother including an entire life story for some cow soldier and his wife that I met 5 minutes ago? Why go on this entire lore dump about this dragon elf island when we stay there for 20 minutes only to never go back again? It feels like it's just there because the quest would feel short as fuck otherwise(which it is). And don't get me started on how the whole Alyssa and Ryn confrontation was just a shitty Luke vs Darth Vader moment. Ugh.

I really don't get why they're trying to take this game seriously when it just never works.

The Ryn uncaging scene was sweet, though.

Lucky_I

May 2, 2021
no we talking about shit like this View attachment 3471043
like why go on this quest to save the world if literally anyone is stronger than you anyway? and don't come in here with "yOuR sOuL iS sPeShUl" you can give it away and boom no speshul soul anymore
I mean, does the MC NEED to be the strongest at any given time in order to do anything? Is that really that big of a deal?

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
I mean, does the MC NEED to be the strongest at any given time in order to do anything? Is that really that big of a deal?
The issue is not the MC being weaker than other characters(objectively, anyway. Subjectively it could hurt someone's enjoyment). The issue is that these characters that are stronger than us do absolutely nothing to stop the threat to the world that is Kasyrra. Sanders, Gweyr, Garth, Leofric, all the gods, etc. have all been said by the devs that they're stronger than the MC. If that's the case, why are they not the ones trying to stop Kas? Literally all of these characters would know what she's capable of, yet they do nothing besides sit on their asses and there's no justification for it except for maybe Gweyr.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
to be fair, a lot of those guys are old as shit or crippled so they couldn't do anything now.
The devs explicitly said one or more of them would beat MC in a fight so yeah. Otherwise I'd agree with you. In fact I'd go so far as to saying MC is the most powerful mortal in the game so far, as there isn't really anybody stronger than us that we have evidence of or has accomplished more. Devs words be damned.

*Looks at Dragon Eve*

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
I finally got around to playing RynQuest and my god they're really bad at lore and world-building. The entire time I was playing through it I was just thinking to myself "This shit is BORING." I usually like reading about lore but in this case it's just like... why? It goes absolutely nowhere and is just there to be there. It doesn't add to the world-building in any meaningful way, it doesn't get you to feel anything, and it doesn't tell anything unique. Why bother including an entire life story for some cow soldier and his wife that I met 5 minutes ago? Why go on this entire lore dump about this dragon elf island when we stay there for 20 minutes only to never go back again? It feels like it's just there because the quest would feel short as fuck otherwise(which it is). And don't get me started on how the whole Alyssa and Ryn confrontation was just a shitty Luke vs Darth Vader moment. Ugh.
You took this long just to describe how the lore of this game is handled in general? I don't even bother anymore. If it has nothing to do with me or actual current events, I have no interest in exposition dumps.

Unobtainium

Nov 4, 2021
Why bother including an entire life story for some cow soldier and his wife that I met 5 minutes ago?
To be fair, they are the potentially your girlfriends parents and would have heard of them if you interacted with her enough before. Also you normally should be able to meet them before the quest, but Liv's kids are bugged cause this game is dogwater.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes