bloren

Sep 7, 2017
The correct choice would've been not putting something in the game if it's just going to sit there untouched for a year or more.
But you know, patreon drip feeding and shit.
Probably with a side of poor planning.
What makes this even more sad/frustrating is that I could've sworn they said CoC2 wasn't going to be like TiTS in this regard where content gets added for the sake of it and is never finished.

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
Well Berwyn transformations will be coming eventually so you will be able to make him a futa, also personally I think Arona is enough. She already has a dom/sub style path and full fills whatever needs a futa lover would want rather than bringing in more companions, she should just be expanded more.
That's a ridiculous statement akin to saying Cait is enough, and she just needs to be expanded more into the niches people want, like a pure wife rout or whatever. Some times you don't want a dom or a sub, but some one who's neither. Some times you don't want an orc. Some times you might just want two futas. Some times you might want a futa with two penises, fuck, who knows. That's such an assinine statement, no offense.

Wavering

May 26, 2021
What makes this even more sad/frustrating is that I could've sworn they said CoC2 wasn't going to be like TiTS in this regard where content gets added for the sake of it and is never finished.
I mean for the most part it isn't like TiTS; the community submitted content is much less than TiTS (due to CoC2 being newer I guess, but I also think the content submission is a lot more stringent).
Also, Savin has an official team for CoC2 (the majority of which are employed) that's actually larger than the official TiTS team.

So, I dunno where you get the "content that gets added for the sake of it and is never finished". As things go, Ahmri has pregnancy scenes that haven't been added to the game yet. The backlog the dev team has is pretty substantial; so I'd reckon not jumping to conclusions as such.
I'm pretty sure if you joined the official games forums and the public discord you'd actually see the progress that is going on; not chilling on a pirate site with limited information at your disposal.

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
Fun fact, Shar was supposed to be a companion at one point, unlike Tobs who got more interested in the Kitsune, so he dropped Garret, I have no idea why Savin dropped Shar. Add to that that she's on of those early game characters that have been completely forgotten, (I bet most people don't even remember there's an homage to Whitney's farm in Harvest Valley) yeah you're going to be waiting for a while.
Sorra was the one who made her an ugly duckling, so when she gets introduced you might be able to make her a swan. Sorra's not one of the big 4 gods so I'd wouldn't be shocked if they forgot that connection.
Also speaking of harpies, the harpy matron should of gotten an expansion considering she is, you know, the mother of all the harpies you see in the game.
He probably dropped Shar because he wrote her initial content when he was really into harpies. It's not just him who is like that either, so many of the writers interests change like the weather, that's why there's so many unfinished or rushed characters in all Fenoxo related games.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
That's a ridiculous statement akin to saying Cait is enough, and she just needs to be expanded more into the niches people want, like a pure wife rout or whatever. Some times you don't want a dom or a sub, but some one who's neither. Some times you don't want an orc. Some times you might just want two futas. Some times you might want a futa with two penises, fuck, who knows. That's such an assinine statement, no offense.
I get you you maybe I needed to elaborate more but the point I was going with is this game really dose not need more companions when the only ones with extensive content are Brienne and Cait. Its like a wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle type of thing in this game especially in terms of companions, when random wandering npcs have more content than Atugia who has been there for 2 years really annoys me.

They should add more npcs to fill roles/fetishes that people want but more companions will always just mean more half assed characters.

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
Garret was never explicitly going to be a companion; or at least if he was I've not seen it mentioned on the games forums (you know the site), nor is it mentioned in his publicly accessible character design document.

Savin dropped Shar because they write 3 companions already (Cait, Etheryn, Arona); and also writes other content for the game (aside from being the games Lead Writer, and managing the dev team etc etc). They're already struggling under the weight of writing 3 companions, and felt that writing a 4th companion would likely be suicide when it came to meeting deadlines (or so was implied).

Sorra is one of the 7 deities, alternatively known as "The Seven" (idk why you said "big 4" ?); where did you get the impression she wasn't? I doubt the devs would forget their own lore lol (you can literally read up a lot of the lore on the games wiki; although it is outdated in some areas due to being community maintained).

The Harpy Matron and Sorra will likely be expanded on in the near future (they said next year or so for Act 2); because Khor'minos is the next objective (Act 2) for the game. Same with Byvernia (she'll likely be expanded upon the more Foothills are expanded upon; as with Khor'minos); it seems that the content being expanded upon will likely shift to the direction of the map that is being favored (as seen previously with the Elven City and Kitsune Den being expanded upon when the focus was on the Frost Marches and Glacial Rift areas).
The big 4 refers to the deities that are gonna get the main focus. Keros, Lumia, and Nareva are all planned to have transformations tied to them, and as a result, they're going to be more interactable and get more focus, Mallach is a coin-flip, but he has fan-favorite Cait making sure he's always relevant. Tira, Sorra, and Velun are obviously going to be mentioned, they are just not going to be in the forefront like the other 4, that's what I'm referring to when I say "The big 4." I was joking.

I'm not the part of the writing team, so I have absolutely no idea when Shar when being written in relation to Cait, Arona, or Etheryn. Bear in mind, the game was being conceptualized years before we even got a release, all I'm saying was that Shar was planned to be a companion, she got dropped, but whether this has anything to do with Savin being overloaded or just not feeling a harpy companion, I don't know. It's fine, I know he's overworked. He's not exactly quiet expressing that some of his other stuff gets left behind because of that.

With Garret it was pretty obvious he was built up to be a companion. He's the son of your base of operation's patriarch, the game explicitly says he's has wanderlust and he needs to get it out of his system. And he's given a reason to want to explore (his mother). Again this isn't a problem, I know things change, and every writernot named Savin, only gets one companion. Tobs obviously wanted to use his one to expand on the Kitsune, which is well within his right.

Last edited:

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
Savin has stated several times that future harpy content is contingent on Wayfort content getting finished first. IIrc we're going to get a tower or rookery built into the fort that will allow harpies like Zhara, Shar, and the Matron to move in to our base. Sorra also hasn't been forgotten, she's got a nude bust in the game files.
Which is nice, the problem arise that that's entirely up to Savin when to write that. Don't get me wrong, he's probably the hardest worker in this game, except for maybe Tobs, but unlike Tobs who has one or two projects he can focus on, Savin is being pulled in multiple directions by all the stuff he's involved in.
Besides, the writers aren't subtle that they like to focus on what's more popular/ fun to write. Heck the reason Cait gets so much content is because writers to like write for her, not because she needs to be included. Which is obvious, yes, but definitely eye-opening if you like the more niche content in the game.
I don't think he's playing a big part in Khor'Minos, that might be an opportune time, but we'll see.

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
He probably dropped Shar because he wrote her initial content when he was really into harpies. It's not just him who is like that either, so many of the writers interests change like the weather, that's why there's so many unfinished or rushed characters in all Fenoxo related games.
Yeah, that's probably it. Which is fine motivation is key when writing. And if he just wasn't feeling writing Shar as a companion, that's fine.
And yeah that's not unique to Shar either, poor Lupine scouts who we don't even learn the name of and only exist to pad out the early game.

Wavering

May 26, 2021
The big 4 refers to the deities that are gonna get the main focus. Keros, Lumia, and Nareva are all planned to have transformations tied to them, and as a result, they're going to be more interactable and get more focus, Mallach is a coin-flip, but he has fan-favorite Cait making sure he's always relevant. Tira, Sorra, and Velun are obviously going to be mentioned, they are just not going to be in the forefront like the other 4, that's what I'm referring to when I say "The big 4." I was joking.
There's no "big 4" though. They've implied that we're going to meet all of the deities; as there's going to be options to sell your soul to each of them for specific boons or transformations. Hence why that assertion of "the big 4" is based upon opinion or assumption; and not substantiated from fact.

I'm not the part of the writing team, so I have absolutely no idea when Shar when being written in relation to Cait, Arona, or Etheryn. Bear in mind, the game was being conceptualized years before we even got a release, all I'm saying was that Shar was planned to be a companion, she got dropped, but whether this has anything to do with Savin being overloaded or just not feeling a harpy companion, I don't know. It's fine, I know he's overworked. He's not exactly quiet expressing that some of his other stuff gets left behind because of that.
Yes, I'm aware of how well in advance the game was planned out. But here's the thing, the development was actually stalled for a bit, something that you'd know if you dug through the posts on the official forums - hence why it was actually pretty up in the air of whether the game was actually to exist or not.
Development only really started back up on the game because the Lead Programmer created a framework for the game so they could learn JS - which is why when they did so all of the team came together again to actually begin creating the game.

This is why, when Savin approached the subject of writing 4 separate companions, they realized that one had to be dropped for their own sanity; as with being the Lead Writer and in charge of writing another 3 companions it was just too much.

And I don't know where you're getting that "He's not exactly quiet expressing that some of his other stuff gets left behind because of that." Do you, or any one on this F95 CoC2 sub-forum actually belong to the official forums; because it always seems weird seeing complaints here, but nobody actually detailing whether they've brought it up so that the people they're complaining about can actually respond.
In any case, it's been brought up on the forums before, and Savin even gets jibes about it in good faith by the other writers.

With Garret it was pretty obvious he was built up to be a companion. He's the son of your base of operation's patriarch, the game explicitly says he's has wanderlust and he needs to get it out of his system. And he's given a reason to want to explore (his mother). Again this isn't a problem, I know things change, and every writernot named Savin, only gets one companion. Tobs obviously wanted to use his one to expand on the Kitsune, which is well within his right.
That's quite the assumption there. I literally said that there's no information detailing as such on the forums (by the very writer of the character) indicating as such; nor is there indication of that mentioned in the character's publicly available google document.
If you actually look at his character from a lore perspective he wants to be an adventurer but is not quite cut out for it; something that is made very apparent by the quest to rescue him. The only time we actually see some competence from him is in his redemption arc in Fort Marrock.

TObs had every intention for Kiyoko to be their priority as a companion; as theyd'd planned her out for years before the game had even conceptualized. Sure, TObs did mention that if they were offered a second companion slot Garret would be their choice (aside from possibly re-instating Shar to companion status; although this was mentioned 4 years ago at this point); but the assertion that Garret was always intended to be a companion is something you're seeing.
It wouldn't make sense for that to take priority over TObs' entire Floofhaus plan that centered around Kinu.

Which is nice, the problem arise that that's entirely up to Savin when to write that. Don't get me wrong, he's probably the hardest worker in this game, except for maybe Tobs, but unlike Tobs who has one or two projects he can focus on, Savin is being pulled in multiple directions by all the stuff he's involved in.
TObs doesn't just focus on one or two projects though. Literally 0 of the content in the game is entirely mutually exclusive from one another from a writing perspective. Heck, TObs writes a lot of companion scenes for any content they add (such as Arona lines for going into Fort Marrock, as well as the collaborative effort for the Winter Palace Ball).
It's true that Savin is pulled in more directions than most, but that comes with the territory of essentially being the Project Lead, and Lead Writer.

Besides, the writers aren't subtle that they like to focus on what's more popular/ fun to write. Heck the reason Cait gets so much content is because writers to like write for her, not because she needs to be included. Which is obvious, yes, but definitely eye-opening if you like the more niche content in the game.
No, the reason why Cait has so much content is because she is literally the most integral character in the game from a lore perspective (i.e. the intro to the game; the mission that leads to the PCs quest), as well as the very first companion in the game.
The fact that she's fun to write is just an added bonus for some of the writers.

I don't think he's playing a big part in Khor'Minos, that might be an opportune time, but we'll see.
As mentioned before, writers generally write for every area or every major bit of content in some way. But yeah, I guess we'll see.

Yeah, that's probably it. Which is fine motivation is key when writing. And if he just wasn't feeling writing Shar as a companion, that's fine.
See above in this message.

And yeah that's not unique to Shar either, poor Lupine scouts who we don't even learn the name of and only exist to pad out the early game.
They have been mentioned by names on the forums, but the writer is focusing on other content at the moment (aside from being a programmer for the game).
They will likely be expanded upon at some point in time, but there are other priorities first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Junkinaster

CratorH8er

Mar 10, 2021
Do you, or any one on this F95 CoC2 sub-forum actually belong to the official forums; because it always seems weird seeing complaints here, but nobody actually detailing whether they've brought it up so that the people they're complaining about can actually respond.
The obvious answer to that question is "no".

Did you miss the several pages of people panicking over NTR content that was never actually going to happen?

A51

Jul 14, 2017
There's no "big 4" though. They've implied that we're going to meet all of the deities; as there's going to be options to sell your soul to each of them for specific boons or transformations. Hence why that assertion of "the big 4" is based upon opinion or assumption; and not substantiated from fact.

Yes, I'm aware of how well in advance the game was planned out. But here's the thing, the development was actually stalled for a bit, something that you'd know if you dug through the posts on the official forums - hence why it was actually pretty up in the air of whether the game was actually to exist or not.
Development only really started back up on the game because the Lead Programmer created a framework for the game so they could learn JS - which is why when they did so all of the team came together again to actually begin creating the game.

This is why, when Savin approached the subject of writing 4 separate companions, they realized that one had to be dropped for their own sanity; as with being the Lead Writer and in charge of writing another 3 companions it was just too much.

And I don't know where you're getting that "He's not exactly quiet expressing that some of his other stuff gets left behind because of that." Do you, or any one on this F95 CoC2 sub-forum actually belong to the official forums; because it always seems weird seeing complaints here, but nobody actually detailing whether they've brought it up so that the people they're complaining about can actually respond.
In any case, it's been brought up on the forums before, and Savin even gets jibes about it in good faith by the other writers.

That's quite the assumption there. I literally said that there's no information detailing as such on the forums (by the very writer of the character) indicating as such; nor is there indication of that mentioned in the character's publicly available google document.
If you actually look at his character from a lore perspective he wants to be an adventurer but is not quite cut out for it; something that is made very apparent by the quest to rescue him. The only time we actually see some competence from him is in his redemption arc in Fort Marrock.

TObs had every intention for Kiyoko to be their priority as a companion; as theyd'd planned her out for years before the game had even conceptualized. Sure, TObs did mention that if they were offered a second companion slot Garret would be their choice (aside from possibly re-instating Shar to companion status; although this was mentioned 4 years ago at this point); but the assertion that Garret was always intended to be a companion is something you're seeing.
It wouldn't make sense for that to take priority over TObs' entire Floofhaus plan that centered around Kinu.

TObs doesn't just focus on one or two projects though. Literally 0 of the content in the game is entirely mutually exclusive from one another from a writing perspective. Heck, TObs writes a lot of companion scenes for any content they add (such as Arona lines for going into Fort Marrock, as well as the collaborative effort for the Winter Palace Ball).
It's true that Savin is pulled in more directions than most, but that comes with the territory of essentially being the Project Lead, and Lead Writer.

No, the reason why Cait has so much content is because she is literally the most integral character in the game from a lore perspective (i.e. the intro to the game; the mission that leads to the PCs quest), as well as the very first companion in the game.
The fact that she's fun to write is just an added bonus for some of the writers.

As mentioned before, writers generally write for every area or every major bit of content in some way. But yeah, I guess we'll see.

See above in this message.

They have been mentioned by names on the forums, but the writer is focusing on other content at the moment (aside from being a programmer for the game).
They will likely be expanded upon at some point in time, but there are other priorities first.
Then it sounds like the issue is still writers jumping around or being non-committal. Intentions are great, but what matters is perception and presentation. People here are complaining, because of the content that is presented or their own perception of the game. If someone really likes a character and nothing has been done to them for a long time (like with the case of Shar), but new content and characters are constantly added, people get the perception of a character being sidelined or forgotten in some cases (not saying this is the case, but consumers/fans/players/etc. can see it as such).

And while people here could go make an account on Fen's forums and complain there, there's no guarantee that the dev's/writers will listen, or that the same issue hasn't been brought up before.

But this raises the question of why release a character as a teaser or super barebones if its reliant on further massive updates? Why not say "We've added a new location that contains a companion or NPC on par with other existing characters in terms of available content"? Smaller in-between updates can still be used for the usual bug fixing/tweaks as well as padding out some of the more bare bones characters or areas. I just think that introducing a character and then saying that no real update for that character is slated until years down the road is bad decision. I get games take time to make/write for, but at that rate why even include them at all?

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Smaller in-between updates can still be used for the usual bug fixing/tweaks as well as padding out some of the more bare bones characters or areas. I just think that introducing a character and then saying that no real update for that character is slated until years down the road is bad decision. I get games take time to make/write for, but at that rate why even include them at all?
To make you look forward to something mostly.Especially if they have content tied to future story progressions. Maybe content that is released then was all content that was planned at the time. Maybe the character was never meant to be anything major.
And just because character has a bust does not mean that they will be important.

Wavering

May 26, 2021
Then it sounds like the issue is still writers jumping around or being non-committal. Intentions are great, but what matters is perception and presentation. People here are complaining, because of the content that is presented or their own perception of the game. If someone really likes a character and nothing has been done to them for a long time (like with the case of Shar), but new content and characters are constantly added, people get the perception of a character being sidelined or forgotten in some cases (not saying this is the case, but consumers/fans/players/etc. can see it as such).
I agree to an extent, but that comes down to the fact that complaining on different sites, specifically sites that center around pirating games is not really going to help improve anything.
If one truly has an issue with the game(s) in it's current form, why not provide the developer some feedback so they can improve? Otherwise it largely comes across as a "circle-jerk" of trashing on something (essentially in an echo chamber), because there's nothing better to do.

Also, on a site like this, there is less information at ones disposal than if they were to actively be trying to follow up on the games progress. Why play something if you don't want to understand what's going with it, and why it is the way it is? You can't necessarily say it's fair to trash on it if you don't have all the information at your disposal; because then that's making assumptions to do so.
And while people here could go make an account on Fen's forums and complain there, there's no guarantee that the dev's/writers will listen, or that the same issue hasn't been brought up before.
True, I can understand this viewpoint. They do have a designated gripes thread that you can just chuck your grievances in; although you will likely interact with some people that do disagree with you to an extent.

In all honesty though; the community isn't that bad. There can be the presence of snark, and disagreements will likely occur; but that's likely experienced on every forum out there. So whether one wants to complain here or there just comes down to your decision I guess.

Generally speaking though, some of the devs / writers are somewhat open to feedback, as long as it's not "this sucks, why does it suck?".
But this raises the question of why release a character as a teaser or super barebones if its reliant on further massive updates? Why not say "We've added a new location that contains a companion or NPC on par with other existing characters in terms of available content"? Smaller in-between updates can still be used for the usual bug fixing/tweaks as well as padding out some of the more bare bones characters or areas. I just think that introducing a character and then saying that no real update for that character is slated until years down the road is bad decision. I get games take time to make/write for, but at that rate why even include them at all?
Yeah, I can understand that viewpoint.
As was pointed out previously there's likely some issues when it comes to definitively planning things; and determining priorities.

When content was pushed out initially it was likely that it was fully intended to be expanded upon (such as Shar and the other Harpies), but as development moved along they likely would of instead determined it was better to focus on Act 1 and the main quest; so that would then take priority.
Combat encounters and side characters are important to add to the game, but ultimately will be sidelined for main plot progression (or a lot of content) as needed; whether that appeases everyone or not.

There's a fine balance of having content in the game (as in content for specific characters like Shar), and not having the game feel "bare-bones". The unfortunate reality is that's not always going to be pleasing to some if a character they like isn't being expanded upon.

Although, to end off with, I'd say that Shar does actually have a bit of content in the church as well; although not outright sexing as many would hope. There is however a pregnant bust for her in the game files, so eventually that should be put to use (aside from the unfertilized egg(s) laying content*).

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes