Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Can I achieve this goal as a Female Champion yet?

enter wife.png

Am I the only one who's creeped out by "baby bag" because of its resemblance to "doggy bag"? It evokes images of babies stored for consumption and, uh, actually I'm pretty sure I've read a VN where people were eating babies once... :unsure:
And this is why I stay clear from any Japanese product with more than a dozen fetish tags

Last edited:

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
So did some of the Miko content, and gotta agree with a lot of others here. The southern accent is atrocious. I'm not talking about, "I can't stand redneck slang" atrocious I'm talking about, "Where in the south / countryside do they talk like this?" levels.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR - Another tick on the "theObserver's writing sucks" counter because he can't or doesn't know how to write dialog for a southern speaking / accented character. Every word doesn't need to be accented, just a couple staples.

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
Can I achieve this goal as a Female Champion yet?

View attachment 1224383

And this is why I stay clear from any Japanese product with more than a dozen fetish tags
If you're okay with a majority of them sporting tits or being futas then sort of, but not really. Most of the recent content has been on female NPCs with futas abundant. This is really something we may get in the Mino content, or expanded with the Orc and Centaur locations. Sadly, it isn't like CoC1 where we could influence the gender of NPCs we meet in the wild.

Reactions: Archaon11111

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
So did some of the Miko content, and gotta agree with a lot of others here. The southern accent is atrocious. I'm not talking about, "I can't stand redneck slang" atrocious I'm talking about, "Where in the south / countryside do they talk like this?" levels.
TBF there are places down here where the people sound 80-90% like her. I agree it's a bitch to read, though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: destroyerofassholes

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017

TLDR - Another tick on the "theObserver's writing sucks" counter because he can't or doesn't know how to write dialog for a southern speaking / accented character. Every word doesn't need to be accented, just a couple staples.
Miko's page on the CoC2 wiki says that her accent is anglicised Kansai dialect.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019

He's really just copying anime/manga translators. They tend to use that exact same writing style to convey someone being a country hick.

So it's the translators being dumbfucks, and Tobs just following them because the man is an undeniable weeb.

• Angry
Reactions: enumate

Sublop

Dec 5, 2018
I looked everywhere, and I absolutely cannot find any of the other kitsune reacting to Miko's pregnancy. The update claims they have dialogue for it but it sure as hell isn't in their talk screens.

D

Deleted member 3463984

I looked everywhere, and I absolutely cannot find any of the other kitsune reacting to Miko's pregnancy. The update claims they have dialogue for it but it sure as hell isn't in their talk screens.
i read somewhere that it's only after she's given birth

Reactions: EmptyHusk97

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
TBF there are places down here where the people sound 80-90% like her. I agree it's a bitch to read, though.
True. My main complaint is there is a good way to translate that to readable dialog. Dialog isn't separated from the first person much and gets wonky to switch my brain from reading proper grammar to the southern drawl, pronunciation and syntax.

Don't get me wrong, I find Miko and Mai's more country / southern dialog to be pretty endearing, but like you said it's a bitch to read and I end up skipping over most of it.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
And last but not least, we have a few stragglers to catch up on from May:

0.3.49 Patch Notes:

• There’s a new optional Good End if Infrith, Rags, and Hretha are all concurrently pregnant but Arona isn’t.
  • Elthara’s Appearance screen has been updated to account for pregnancy, with a new CG by AnonArts as well!
  • Zuzaan now finally has a pregnant bust.
  • Ryn has a new combat headshot and appearance CG for her queenly garb.
And that’s all, folks! Thanks for boatloads of support from all you new backers during May — hopefully you’ll stick around through June as we launch into our next zone and get the main story rolling again!

As always, you can become a backer and support the game’s development on…
!
!
… or !

Minipax84

Sep 26, 2017
Man while doing Miko's new content (which was average, it's really boggled down by Tobs's prose) I visited Kiyoko's home as I hadn't done in some time...and some "event" about state matters popped up.

It's 4 pages of exposition about shit I don't give half a fuck about. Many of the sex scenes in this game are far shorter than that.

Who in fuck plays this game to read about make-believe pseudo-weeb fox deep state ceremony traditions?
People have said this already but yeah some of the writers have become a bit too enamoured with their own setting and 'deep' OCs. Like Opala they seem to have forgotten people play this game to get their dick hard or pussy wet, any story or gameplay ought to be organized around this fact. No one is going to take your worldbuilding seriously when you're one click away from a futa gangbang or something

Reactions: Fig23

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
People have said this already but yeah some of the writers have become a bit too enamoured with their own setting and 'deep' OCs. Like Opala they seem to have forgotten people play this game to get their dick hard or pussy wet, any story or gameplay ought to be organized around this fact. No one is going to take your worldbuilding seriously when you're one click away from a futa gangbang or something
Too true, I used to like Kiyoko when I didn't know she just existed to give birth to scuffed Ciri Kinu.

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018

Not that I payed a lot of attention, but I just assumed the accent was Irish, for some reason?
And while an Irish accent can be sexy - I just thought it was an odd choice for japanese kitsune
(if I was wrong about accent - apologies)

• Haha
Reactions: DoctorSargePep

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Not that I payed a lot of attention, but I just assumed the accent was Irish, for some reason?
And while an Irish accent can be sexy - I just thought it was an odd choice for japanese kitsune
(if I was wrong about accent - apologies)
It's meant to be sound like the US South accent. It's the first thing that comes to mind for an American writer when they think of "countryside accent."

And that is supposed to represent Japan's countryside dialects.

It's just dumb all around.

Trteyewuwqiq

Jul 10, 2019
Miko's page on the CoC2 wiki says that her accent is anglicised Kansai dialect.
So they unironically chose to make her accent a western interpretation (a very bad one mind you) of a Kansai dialect? This is bad anime dub levels of stupid. If I wanted terrible dubs I'd watch modern Funimation products.

Reactions: AWetDream87

WaterH20

May 5, 2018
pc
apk

0.3.49 Patch Notes:

• There’s a new optional Good End if Infrith, Rags, and Hretha are all concurrently pregnant but Arona isn’t.
  • Elthara’s Appearance screen has been updated to account for pregnancy, with a new CG by AnonArts as well!
  • Zuzaan now finally has a pregnant bust.
  • Ryn has a new combat headshot and appearance CG for her queenly garb.
And that’s all, folks! Thanks for boatloads of support from all you new backers during May — hopefully you’ll stick around through June as we launch into our next zone and get the main story rolling again!

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes