carlomarko

Sep 26, 2019
8chan=/=4chan. 8chan pedo mod and its writers had nothing to do with slablands either. If you're as familiar with 8chan crowd as your comment indicates then you should be well aware that they hated 4chan even more than they hated F95zone, the reason why people left to 8chan in the first place.

Anyway, this thread is getting completely derailed
The reason that i lumped 4chan and 8chan together is because 4chan has completely dropped CoC, and have either migrated to 8chan or gone over to Fenoxo's crowd.
And just because they hate eachother doesn't mean that 8chan and 4chan crowds can't be similar in some ways.

bananaflyman

Feb 16, 2018
The reason that i lumped 4chan and 8chan together is because 4chan has completely dropped CoC, and have either migrated to 8chan or gone over to Fenoxo's crowd.
And just because they hate eachother doesn't mean that 8chan and 4chan crowds can't be similar in some ways.
Oh for sure. Both are very elitist for an example and fond of overusing racial slurs but as far as kinks go, I find that 4channers love the D as far as it's attached to a lady.

teddidiah

Mar 24, 2019
Fenoxo is a perfectly fine writer but a terrible manager and that's all that really needs to be said to summarize it.

cyberwolfx55

Mar 8, 2018
I thought 8chan was shut down. Is there another place they are at now? I really miss /hgg/

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
You obviously haven't interacted with 4cancer community much. They're obsessed with dickgirls and fembois. Just go to the archives, look at threads as old as decade at /d/ and it's 50% futa, newhalf and trap.
A subsection of them are on board with it but there's never one of those threads that isn't half-filled with the same banal arguments over how gay or not it all is.

And they used to bring that same attitude into Fenoxo's forums and chats and that's a large reason why so many of them got banned or disregarded. No one but them want to see that same tedious straight boi handwringing for the hundredth time.

also echoing the sentiment that most of Fenoxo's problems are with his project lead and editorial process. Most of them would clear up if he hired someone to organize things better than he can and establish some firmer guidelines/check over most of the approved submissions so that he isn't doing literally all of the heavy lifting when it comes to editing himself. TiTS moves at a snail's pace precisely because he can end up getting distracted doing some little bit of niche content for months at a time or editing someone's novel-length waifu himself.

So far CoC2 has done much better in terms of steadily moving forward while also branching out the existing content.

moohoo

May 13, 2018
He just wrote a character in this very update that you can both impregnate and get impregnated by...
No, Observer wrote a character you can impregnate and get impregnated by. For a fun activity, find all characters in the game you can impregnate and take a look at who they were written by. spoilers, its never Savin
I was going to say its always Observer but I think there might have been one during mayternity that wasn't.

Last edited:

moohoo

May 13, 2018
Oh for sure. Both are very elitist for an example and fond of overusing racial slurs but as far as kinks go, I find that 4channers love the D as far as it's attached to a lady.
/d/ loves D but /d/ is basically the futa channel so yeah they love futa. /vg/ back when it had CoC generals, was p sick of yet another fucking futa.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
No, Observer wrote a character you can impregnate and get impregnated by. For a fun activity, find all characters in the game you can impregnate and take a look at who they were written by. spoilers, its never Savin
I was going to say its always Observer but I think there might have been one during mayternity that wasn't.
The new tanuki witch is mostly Wsan, I think (or at least he seemed to mention working on her the most). There should be a good bit of preg content for those who think it's a good idea to get knocked up/knock up all your companions while on a journey to save the world but it won't be from Savin, that's for sure.

I actually haven't been into any Savin content lately; he's always had that whole casual degradation thing going but lately it feels like he's been leaning -really- hard into that along with bimbo cow stuff, something I've never been particularly into. I'm not a huge fan of The Observer, either, he desperately needs to find himself an editor he trusts. Most of his scenes, especially with the wolf family, will have them awkwardly summing up their situations at each other in ways that don't at all sound like dialogue or going off on long lore rants to the detriment of the scene's pacing. It's also slightly annoying that he'll write PC dialogue as prose. Quirks are one thing but something like that should be standardized.

Wsan's actually been putting out the best stuff for CoC2 and that surprised me. I wasn't a huge fan of his TiTS writing but all of his CoC2 stuff has been top shelf.

Reactions: B2B2

bananaflyman

Feb 16, 2018
Well the game at least says the writer was Savin. Don't know what's up with that

bananaflyman

Feb 16, 2018
A subsection of them are on board with it but there's never one of those threads that isn't half-filled with the same banal arguments over how gay or not it all is.

And they used to bring that same attitude into Fenoxo's forums and chats and that's a large reason why so many of them got banned or disregarded. No one but them want to see that same tedious straight boi handwringing for the hundredth time.

also echoing the sentiment that most of Fenoxo's problems are with his project lead and editorial process. Most of them would clear up if he hired someone to organize things better than he can and establish some firmer guidelines/check over most of the approved submissions so that he isn't doing literally all of the heavy lifting when it comes to editing himself. TiTS moves at a snail's pace precisely because he can end up getting distracted doing some little bit of niche content for months at a time or editing someone's novel-length waifu himself.

So far CoC2 has done much better in terms of steadily moving forward while also branching out the existing content.
Believe me, it's the complainers who are actually in the minority. I'd know since /d/ is the pretty much only board I find worth visiting nowadays with how shit the site turned(especially after 2016 elections). I'd rather trust my own personal experiences on this than someone who uses reddit terminology like "4chin".

Also as for Fen's forums, I see more people complaining about "preg shit" and begging for more dom futa NPCs, though I admit that CoC 2 is pretty lacking in dickgirls compared to the first one and TiTS. Think Savin mentioned that he agrees and will write more but with how fast The Observer puts out MILFs I doubt the other writers can catch up, not that I mind since I like both futa and preg.

MomijiH

Apr 17, 2019
I miss WedgeSkyrocket's writing, admittedly. I really liked his kitsunes, and I wound up making my Champion one too (if my icon wasn't a dead giveaway).

Jan 10, 2018
I miss WedgeSkyrocket's writing, admittedly. I really liked his kitsunes, and I wound up making my Champion one too (if my icon wasn't a dead giveaway).
Wait - your icon isn't a Mithra? The stripes on the face have deceived me!

(I always wanted to be a Kitsune in CoC, but... There were so many things I wanted to be, and you could only be one thing at a time, so I usually ended up staying one thing in any given playthrough... Which never ended up being kitsunes =\ .)

(Idly, I kind of wish that the game had had a hunger system so that you were strongly encouraged to eat something transformative at some point just for food, instead of just transforming into a single form that appealed to you and sticking with it - especially since that was the story behind a lot of NPCs, if I'm not mistaken)

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
(Idly, I kind of wish that the game had had a hunger system so that you were strongly encouraged to eat something transformative at some point just for food, instead of just transforming into a single form that appealed to you and sticking with it - especially since that was the story behind a lot of NPCs, if I'm not mistaken)
That'd have been a colossal pain in the dick all the more so given the wildly RNG nature of the tranformative system.

Jan 10, 2018
That'd have been a colossal pain in the dick all the more so given the wildly RNG nature of the tranformative system.
I never said it wasn't a wish made on a monkey's paw :p .

Yeah, there are very good reasons why it would be a terrible idea in practice, it's just... It kind of feels like I'm playing the game wrong when I won't use 90% of the transformative items because they don't mesh with what I want to be, and it would be nice to have something nudge me into playing it properly.

Nope; it's a kitsune boy.

I do have some Final Fantasy characters, but not a Mithra.
Ah, I even got the gender wrong...

I swear, though, those little pigtails are exactly the same haircut my old Mithra character as well. Totally could have been twins, though I guess the number of tails would have given it away if I saw the full body...

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Some of the CoC mods tried to put in a hunger system but it's one of those ideas that sounds better than it is.

I think Fall of Eden handled the transformation stuff best and I'm really glad Alder's making an effort to bring it back. In both CoC games the alchemy items feel a bit too meta, too disconnected from the setting to be as prolific as they are. Why are there all these items when no one is using them? Over there in Fall of Eden though the items play a big part in several storylines and have impacted the social scene of the setting.

Reactions: MomijiH

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Why are there all these items when no one is using them?
Because the people writing the NPCs are A) too lazy B) too lacking in imagination C) both to account for them. Though in fairness given that the games keep having transformatives added it's not hard to see why the average community author would go "yeah fuck that" for dynamism in that regard...

That said I'm vaguely bothered by the general lack of mix-and-matching of parts among the NPCs (doubly so given the randomness of most of the transformatives) - it's like the authors are constitutionally incapable of writing char designs outside the narrow box of very specific themes or something and as a result just about everyone in the world has exactly one animal theme going.
Lots of wasted creative potential there. (TiTS has a further issue with the overwhelming majority of the transformatives *and* motifs being strictly Earth-derived which is wasting a fair bit of the potential of the sci-fi setting...)

carlomarko

Sep 26, 2019
That said I'm vaguely bothered by the general lack of mix-and-matching of parts among the NPCs (doubly so given the randomness of most of the transformatives) - it's like the authors are constitutionally incapable of writing char designs outside the narrow box of very specific themes or something and as a result just about everyone in the world has exactly one animal theme going.
Lots of wasted creative potential there. (TiTS has a further issue with the overwhelming majority of the transformatives *and* motifs being strictly Earth-derived which is wasting a fair bit of the potential of the sci-fi setting...)
I honestly don't get the point of a sci-fi game filled with "aliens" when all those aliens turn out to be either furries, scalies, insect morphs or some flavour of slime girl. And for the few actual alien-like races in the game, there is usually only 1 npc of that race. It's really telling that one of the (relatively) more creative prominent alien races in the game, the Dzaan, are essentially just elven amazons with addictive cum.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes