Jul 28, 2017
That's a nice conspiracy theory with zero proof.

On the other hand, if you did get banned from there, then I'm sure the real reason was because you insulted people, instead of posting constructive criticism.

I know I've seen people posting criticism on Fenoxo in the past. No one got banned just for that. But I'm sure that people dissing others and calling them "fucboi" would get punished. Even this forum bans trolls and deletes flamebait.
That forum is nothing but a circle jerk, you arent allowed to say shit except if it's to suck their dick.

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
I'm here to keep this discussion as anything but a complete negativity circle jerk. While I'll admit there's currently problems around Kinu arising from the lack of content for her. The transformation isn't that bad, Considering; that this content was just added. You do get some new and hot scenes with your fox wive; I imagine that we'll see new exclusive scenes in the future.

Reactions: Cerneu

Theratul

Jun 24, 2017
zero proof? I dont want bring back this whole shit again. all there is to said about criticism of fen was already was said and discussed on 8ch for more then 5 years.

and do be honest I actually like kiyoko and most of her personal content. the way her scenes cater for so many minor fetishes(like full Nelson pose).its just a way ow observer write his scenes that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. its like somebody like to drink their whiskey with ice, but put to many of ice in your drink and let it melt it taste will be muddled and blank. its same with his writing style - too many "water" so to speak.
edit:and dont forget that silly way her pregnancy work. why they bothered to add a virility stat to the game I dont know.

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
I find it really hard to believe that a forum created by the game creators themselves doesn't have a bias toward their own content.

Hell, the forum literally has a post by the moderator discouraging users from giving ideas. Warning them that it will either be ignored or mocked.

Last edited:

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
To be honest, they are not outside of their right to moderate their own forums as they see fit, but it's pretty much the sole reason I quite posting there. Hell, I don't even lurk there anymore.

Even the Revamp mod came under fire on a number of occasions, often for what seemed like immature reasons. On one such occasion, Savin openly threatened to shut the thread down and ban a number of accounts (including Kitteh's, the mod's dev) just because people were asking for additions to existing characters he had deemed essentially off-limits, even after those same request had already been addressed by other members. He later threatened to do this again after Kitteh reassured forum members he would simply host the mod elsewhere if that were to occur. It's no secret that Fen's crew seemed to merely and begrudgingly tolerate the mod for reasons I'm not entirely sure were ever properly announced. Supposedly Kitteh even had to get permission add in a placeholder Lethice fight and subsequent end-game because the official one hadn't been added yet and they didn't want people asking for a proper finish (which ended up happening anyways).

There's nothing wrong with moderating discussions to remove inflammatory or harmful statements, but there were a few times I can remember where it seemed people got threatened with bans and post/thread removals for simply questioning them in any way. And, I've got nothing against the guy personally, but he's kind of a smart-ass in my experience which doesn't really help either. Savin, again just my experience, is even worse in that regard. Doesn't make them bad guys, just isn't really how you encourage unbiased content.

Last edited:

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
I understand that they can have rather distasteful reactions, however we should try to maintain a degree of healthy skepticism. Not a state of total war against the developers. As I heard there several mods that were of abysmal quality that soured their opinion on a section of the fans. So them being a bit bitter is justified, to an extent. Also on making suggestions on any game. If you have a good idea, send it directly through to the developers instead of making a public post on the suggestion.

This game isn't in a bad state having been in development for two years. Having sat down and played through all of the content there's about 8 hours of gameplay if you go through all of the quests to their current ends. There's the feeling that what you do matters to the game's world as encounters are influenced by your efforts on frontier.

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
In regards to TheObserver, I can't speak about the quality of Kiyoko (I usually only play female PCs who don't wield a dick so she's locked to me) but I can talk about Garret, who I was super excited for at first. I like wolf-like characters and the addition of another masculine male that wasn't a one-off npc was nice (I fully realize I am not this game's main audience). But then I read the content and it just wasn't for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

His style of writing is not for me but he writes A LOT so it gets more annoying the more stuff I have to read with very little interaction or input from my PC. I realize I can skip it but then how can I properly complain I like to read so I go through it anyway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
Just to develop my thoughts on that first point, I think this is an issue unique to text-based games for some people. A video game, done in 3D, with a story such as this, would have cutscenes that'd likely have your character perform actions; that'd take just as long if done in text form.

On the second point, I do agree that this plot point is an issue of telling and not showing.

On the final two points, this I feel is an issue of personal preference unique to erotic games. One game I think of that partially solves this issue is Degrees of Lewdity which has several options in the beginning of the game to set your preferences. Even then on that game's thread you may find similar complaints around on how players would prefer their character to act in contrast to what is offered. The only thing I can say is that writers can't please everyone at once.

As someone who prefer monogamy, to a point, and likes playing masculine characters Kiyoko is just perfect for me. Perhaps, they'll add someone similar to Kiyoko for feminine characters in a future update.

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
From the glimpse that I saw of the forum, Someone (He who shall not be named) is thinking of removing Kiyoko from the game completely for everyone that tries to free her as a female MC and the literal reason given is just to piss people off.

Last edited:

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
You guys are upset at how becoming a kitsune has been handled, meanwhile I'm good with staying a human and fucking the kitsunes' matron/goddess/whatever and filling the next generations with our half-human spawn while I get all the favor from their god. And they can only sit there and take it while I fuck their priestesses and merchant too. If I'm going to be forced to swallow their bullshit I'm going to go full HFY on them.

Vincent654

Jul 1, 2018
I wish am Not the only one using female and trying to read the novel being impregnation, giving birth becoming a wife of someone or mother of the child, What I would say is... Totally corrupted.

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
Brint is pretty much the only long term masculine male companion (that seems interested in a full relationship with the PC) so far and idky but I was so shocked when they put in his genderswap. It's a fucking sin. To each their own I guess. This would leave me hopeful for other genderswaps in the future but I highly doubt they'd ever do that for the female npcs. Or hell, turning Berwyn back to the more masculine form he said he started with.

Reactions: Megumin.

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
Perhaps, they'll add someone similar to Kiyoko for feminine characters in a future update.
As a person that plays for most of the content, I can't help but feel there's something about the characters they're not saying. What they do/don't want them to do, what things they're allowed to say versus what might make sense. It's not all bad but you definitely might notice that looming feeling of some mutable desire to learn more where you'll find nothing.

Chocoboii

Nov 11, 2018
Is there any way to force specific random encounters? Or a way to save during an encounter? Like a cheat or command. It's annoying how for some you need to keep exploring then fighting over and over until you get the one you want.

Last edited:

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Is there any way to force specific random encounters? Or a way to save during an encounter? Like a cheat or command. It's annoying how for some you need to keep exploring then fighting over and over until you get the one you want.
Not really. Besides looking up the scenes to see what triggers them, no, you're best bet is to keep exploring until it happens and revert to a recent save should the results not be what you want and try again.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes