IcemanR

May 1, 2019
Amber, Haley, Orliath, and the one caravan centaur. You could go even further and lump the two non centaur horse ladies in Khorminos in with that group. That's Wsan's thing, dominant horsecock futas, and they're all remarkably similar.
Ah makes sense, I haven't touched those characters

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Sera is top tier character and the games could use more like her. Not to mention being the dedicked tables turned on dom posterchild that there should absolutely be more of.
Yeah, and dedicking was a relatively small part of her content. She was pretty well-balanced overall, and I feel she's a good example of how it should be handled.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
Yeah, and dedicking was a relatively small part of her content. She was pretty well-balanced overall, and I feel she's a good example of how it should be handled.
Eh, she was alright, her dom stuff was kinda shallow though. Can't really say I'm in favor of more in the same vein, I'd rather they focused on developing characters for their original audiences instead of going for the jack of all trades route.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Amber, Haley, Orliath, and the one caravan centaur. You could go even further and lump the two non centaur horse ladies in Khorminos in with that group. That's Wsan's thing, dominant horsecock futas, and they're all remarkably similar.
Don't forget bimbo siegwulfe.
I'd rather they focused on developing characters for their original audiences instead of going for the jack of all trades route.
They don't focus on developing characters in the first place so I mean...
Besides, this isn't just putting a fetish on a character because, "lol y not" such as Cait and Anno's entire characters. It directly plays into the character and power dynamics of them. There isn't really another way to scratch that kind of itch. That and we've already had enough of generic dommy futa in these games, we don't really need any more.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
Besides, this isn't just putting a fetish on a character because, "lol y not" such as Cait and Anno's entire characters. It directly plays into the character and power dynamics of them. There isn't really another way to scratch that kind of itch.
I'm struggling to see what makes it distinct from the usual degredation that could be played out on literally any character with an initially dominant stance with exactly the same result. By the same logic Brienne would only be enhanced by a dom futa route, since she already has a fairly submissive route.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Arona fans on suicide watch :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:. Nah but fr though, it seems like he's talking about Dom Arona and Brint stuffing the PC.
I'm struggling to see what makes it distinct from the usual degredation that could be played out on literally any character with an initially dominant stance with exactly the same result.
Because they don't have the thing that they usually use to make people submit to them anymore. It's a physical representation of their dominance being stripped away.
By the same logic Brienne would only be enhanced by a dom futa route, since she already has a fairly submissive route.
I'm not saying it's an enhancement, just a valid option the writers can use and have there be precedent for it. And yeah I don't see a problem with a route like that. It can be hot to turn a subby girl into a dommy mommy. It's fine for a character to have more than one niche, dude. Variety is fun, especially if it's a take we wouldn't usually see on the character. Especially especially if a certain niche is populated enough as is.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Because they don't have the thing that they usually use to make people submit to them anymore. It's a physical representation of their dominance being stripped away.
I think their point was "why these characters specifically when they could introduce some generic dom for this exact purpose". Not asking about what dedicking does in terms of dynamics.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
I think their point was "why these characters specifically when they could introduce some generic dom for this exact purpose". Not asking about what dedicking does in terms of dynamics.
Well it's not the same if the character is entirely designed around the concept. Often times that leads to it feeling rushed or fake. As if the character was a puppet controlled exclusively by that fetish. It feels much more organic when the character has the option of either or, because then it truly feels like you're either submitting to them or bending them to your will.

It's sort of like trying to avoid NTR in an NTR game. It can be fun and satisfying to subvert what the game expects of you if it allows for that.

That and the game is already EXTREMELY bloated with characters. We don't need to introduce a new one for every single niche and it's more efficient to give it to an existing character if possible. I see no reason why you should put it on another character when existing ones work just fine for it.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Well it's not the same if the character is entirely designed around the concept. Often times that leads to it feeling rushed or fake. As if the character was a puppet controlled exclusively by that fetish. It feels much more organic when the character has the option of either or, because then it truly feels like you're either submitting to them or bending them to your will.
The thing is, it needs to be obvious from the initial content that the character is designed for that. I mean, taking Evelyn for instance - this is a character that's been in-game now for two years. Her fanbase is composed of people who like her as she is. If you were to swerve her character into one that's broken down into a sub and make that the only path (obviously not whats happening - just an example) saying that that's what was always planned wouldn't fly at all.

You need to have some indicator of where the path is going with the initial content or you're just inviting hurt feelings all around. Compartmentalization of characters into different fetishes may feel less organic, but it also sidesteps several other problems.

That and the game is already EXTREMELY bloated with characters. We don't need to introduce a new one for every single niche and it's more efficient to give it to an existing character if possible. I see no reason why you should put it on another character when existing ones work just fine for it.
As you can see repeatedly from this thread alone though, people tend to get real mad even at the option of a character doing stuff they don't like.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
hey at least it's not brienne x arona :KEK:
As someone who agrees Daken9, I say that I do like idea of subArona and Brienne threesome, but it would be needed to handled carefully. Like have Brienne hold Arona down, maybe smothering her in boobs while champion goes to town on her. Now, of course, I think most people would not like the idea because Arona had a dick (even though I think both Cait and Azy already did damage to Briennes "only for you image") but it could work. But at same time, I can see why people are apprehensive. I do not trust the writing to make champion feel like most important person in that exchange since threesomes involving other characters ( especially if one of them has a dick) usually leave me feeling like a second fiddle. Evelyn and Jaelyn threesomes come to mind. Only exception really being old Berwyn and Cait scenes.

Still, I do not get why people would ship companions. They are supposed to find us the most amazing person on the planet, so this shipping thing never sit well with me. That

Reactions: Tatoba

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Still, I do not get why people would ship companions. They are supposed to find us the most amazing person on the planet, so this shipping thing never sit well with me.
I feel like this is an easy one. Companions have personalities. The PC is a block of wood with a face painted on it.

Shipping the former together is inherently more interesting than shipping anyone with the latter.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
The thing is, it needs to be obvious from the initial content that the character is designed for that. I mean, taking Evelyn for instance - this is a character that's been in-game now for two years. Her fanbase is composed of people who like her as she is. If you were to swerve her character into one that's broken down into a sub and make that the only path (obviously not whats happening - just an example) saying that that's what was always planned wouldn't fly at all.

You need to have some indicator of where the path is going with the initial content or you're just inviting hurt feelings all around. Compartmentalization of characters into different fetishes may feel less organic, but it also sidesteps several other problems.

As you can see repeatedly from this thread alone though, people tend to get real mad even at the option of a character doing stuff they don't like.
Personally I feel Having multiple paths for a character only improves them, even if I have zero interest in some of the paths. Sera and Arona are better for having both Dom and Sub content because it gives players options. Evelyn should absolutely have a sub route even if it's a one off scene that goes nowhere because that gives players that wouldn't touch her dom stuff with a 10' pole at least some interaction with the character. Having the option to say unruin ryn takes nothing from the people that like the character that way for some reason but drastically improves the character for those that don't.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes