NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Thanks for the warning, thought admitingly whenever I bother with downloading an update I intend to start a new playthrough so I'll likely just let it all burn.

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
Also, is he as dumb as a brick!? Mobile version uses electron, but it wrapped into mobile friendly interface. And browser version is literally electron, but on server side only aka user downloads everything on each launch.
That is an insult to bricks, how dare you

• Haha
Reactions: Wrynn13

jkh115

Jun 11, 2021
Hi all, im trying to understand the Mirror Stance, so i copied a spell that requires me to lvl 10 or something, ccan i increase my lvl byond 7?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Also, is he as dumb as a brick!? Mobile version uses electron, but it wrapped into mobile friendly interface. And browser version is literally electron, but on server side only aka user downloads everything on each launch.
Actually, no, the Android version uses Cordova, not Electron. It's similar, but not the same thing. As for the browser version, electron is used on the server side, as you said, but saves are still stored locally, using the browser cache. This is different from where the downloadable electron build stores saves, which is likely why browser saves will be unaffected. So yeah, insult him for things he actually fucks up, but in this case he's accurate.

Last edited:

QuedzaDrake

Sep 14, 2022
Hi all, im trying to understand the Mirror Stance, so i copied a spell that requires me to lvl 10 or something, ccan i increase my lvl byond 7?
you can get spells you cant use yet
this includes spells beyond current max lvl
which is nice because you get to see what you will be able to use later, or you could save edit and mess around with it
but it also sucks because it bloats the power list with something you cant use yet

Reactions: NODOGAN

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Its effectively electron with some boiler code AFAIK.
It's a different platform/framework, aimed more at mobile devices compared to Electron. It does do effectively the same thing, and iirc you can run an electron environment inside Cordova (though that isn't what they're doing as far as I can tell from ripping open the .apk. All the Electron assets are replaced with cordova ones, and CoC2 makes like 0 calls to electron-specific functions anyway so they mostly just copy pasted everything without altering the code. Which, by the way, is why you can't run TiTS offline in a browser as an .html file - it makes 50+ calls to electron functions in its core files, while CoC2 makes 0 and can be loaded in a regular browser offline.)

But it's still definitively not Electron, and doesn't handle things exactly the same way as Electron. Hence why I defended Savin in this instance. As much as I dislike the man, he's reasonably accurate in the part of his statement you referenced. If you're going to call the man dumb, at least make sure he's wrong first.

Jun 1, 2017
you can get spells you cant use yet
this includes spells beyond current max lvl
which is nice because you get to see what you will be able to use later, or you could save edit and mess around with it
but it also sucks because it bloats the power list with something you cant use yet
Yeah, imo the mirror stance is just incredibly annoying, borderline bad game design. Firstly you have to defeat the giant and do convocation of mirrors dialogue tree every playthrough, (please god let us auto complete that and orb puzzles after doing them once) in particular before you fight synneva, who has the first missable power I'm aware of, the banshee wail. Then you have to have it nearly permanently equipped, to reasonably get abilities and avoid the few that so far are permanently missable. Even then you also have to avoid wrecking bosses too fast.

If you're a tank, it's a subpar tanking skill but it gets the job done ok, if you're not, then it screws with aggro and forces you to waste a slot for it. Tanks need ability stealing the least, too, they don't care about majority of damage abilities. Wiki isn't updated well, game consistently gets updates, so it feels like you always need it equipped so you don't miss out on something, unless you've already done all current content and are just end game grinding for money for the orphanage etc. Would be better off imo as like a drain ability rip off from ffx where you damage enemies lightly, maybe lightly heal and learn their stuff, more universal that way.

Ability bloat isn't *that* bad since they've got nice filtering tools, but I think they could have benefitted a lot from being able to upgrade existing cards instead of having so many side grades or abilities that ARE just straight up better. Like leveling a white mage would get you heal, then later a great heal that replaces it, instead of having both, multiplied for every ability. It can make people confused when instead of like the ff/persona style system of fire>fira>firaga, or an attack and very obvious upgrade, youve got like "smack", "tackle", "overbear". There's a lot of junk to sort through and at some point during gameplay updates, scaling is shown really weird. There's some abilities that scale with multiple stats that isn't communicated well, like some charmer abilities scale with presence but don't have the color representing that, so it makes capitalizing on stats more of a pia than it should be

Jul 31, 2018
i noticed that the wiki is kinda behind some new update so ill ask here if someone know....can Hethia the boreal elf get pregnant? Or better yet does someone have a list of all the NPC that can get pregnant? As i said i noticed that the wiki is missing some of the new content like Cassia for example

QuedzaDrake

Sep 14, 2022
IMO the skill card system is one of if not the weakest system in the game. It was just a bad idea from the start.
"Funny" thing about this system
its heavily stolen "inspired" by 4 edition D&D (which Savin, Garde and SKoW play/played)
4e D&D combat is considered bad and a lot of people despise it...
so of course they felt inspired and decided they had to have it

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes