Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
Just double checking before starting the new update. Am I right in saying that Berwyn who was the face for CoC 2 at one point is now an NPC?
Wouldn't it have been better to scrap another companion like Quint and get their writer to Berwyn instead?
I can't see this as anything but Savin being super petty if true. I am just in shock to be honest. A major blow for F/M and M/M players.
Pretty much that's what everyone is saying. Even on Fenexo blog everyone is asking for Berry back, or confused about him not being a companion anymore. The only people who are happy are the people who hated Berry from the start.

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Oh and the new dungeon is awful aswell.....yay what is the trick? how do you do anything? Got teleported around for a while then a boss fight, assuming I am missing a lot of content here.

Reactions: fetishgirl

Laarix

Dec 6, 2017
Can anyone share a solution to this maze thing? Mysterious riddles like these remind me of old point and click adventure games which relied heavily on silly logic or simply a thinking process that is not shared with everyone in the audience.
Only difference with those games here, and an annoying one too, is that you can't brute force the answer as the shifting makes it hard to see the pattern or keep track of where you were before. If there's a hint im just not getting it.

Edit: Wandering around eventually led to a boss/event. You can brute force it but still, a mess of a dungeon.

Reactions: fetishgirl

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
Well that leaves us with only two male companions........... one that its author remembers exists every few years although I can't complain much about him because it seems that he is going to start adding content and the another is busy filling up a city and will be asked to write content for their female version first anyway.

I wonder what exactly they are going to do with the male content because quint is not even remotely able to satisfy the demand with the little content he has and brint even with all his content wsan is committed to finishing korminos and has to make content for brienne.... ....maybe the kitsune guy will become a partner but I wouldn't have much hope.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
I like how Berwyn's arc and the quest itself are all about taking down Matiha because she's evil as fuck, yet once she's actually defeated the narrative takes the most jarring 180° and suddenly it's about "saving her from herself."

Like, no longer a companion, okay, but at least make his send-off wholly about him and the Champion, rather than turn it on its head in the last act to make it about this new random villain and her relationship with him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all, can't say i'm any more into Berwyn than i was before. And that s/he won't be getting any more content doesn't help either.

But, at least this paladin was was cool from beginning to end:

1658933121506.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Still, musclegirl and i'm desentized to this shit by now, so guess now gotta wait for some content with her (in a few years time) and hope it's not all about taking it up the rectum.

Last edited:

Kuritzkale

May 27, 2022
I'm sorry, did I read correctly that we lost a mousegirl companion for fucking... vivian? Seriously? Talk about a massive downgrade... mousegirls are my favorite... Also, poor Berwyn. Seriously. I don't know much about the development of this game because I don't follow it closely, and therefor didn't even know hugsalright was no longer working on the game, which blows because I always thought their writing was pretty hot. Oh well, I like B too. And the new Berwyn art is, IMO, a downgrade. Bro just looks weird now.

The real question is, how the fuck do these jerkoffs make so much money each month and fans are content to just accept bullshit excuses like "erm it's too much work to write for this character.." like, maybe you should have thought about this stuff in the beginning? Or maybe you should use some of the obscene amounts of money you fuckers rake in every month to make sure this stuff doesn't happen? Feels like whoever is managing the team for this game is insane... It's a miracle we have good writers left at this point anyway. I hope that Fleep dude being on here doesn't cause drama for him or the team, and I wish other people working on the game would take time to interact with the community outside of the discord, I think it would temper a lot of the animosity towards some of them.

Last edited:

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Fleep really out here trying to make themself the most popular writer at this forum. I mean actually interacts and provides context for their writing? A+ from me bruh, even if I don't like being cucked. We aren't the dumpster fire the other writers say we are, we're a different kind of dumpster fire :KEK:

Also wtf is the point of giving Berwyn an update if you're cutting out previous content and removing his Companion status? At that point, just leave him alone. Now we only have 1.5 male companions, and one of them is a content void. (Sorry Brint, but as good a buddy as you are you're the 0.5 cause of Brienne)

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
Like, no longer a companion, okay, but at least make his send-off wholly about him and the Champion, rather than turn it on its head in the last act to make it about this new random villain and her relationship with him.
I think part of the problem was that there wasn't a whole lot of content with the player character for them to draw off. It was pretty much just his initial quest and then a bunch of sex scenes, making it about his only piece of major content (helping him deal with his teacher) makes a fair amount of sense. As for her being redeemed, eh there was a throwaway line about how the relic made promises to her so I guess the idea was that she was being influenced? It was kinda weak but I've never been one for going full doom marine in these games so I'm not that fussed.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
I'll admit that's not where my eyes usually go to.
I honestly didn't notice either, I was too busy looking at the chestplate and wondering "...Paladin?" Does not strike me as a paladin at all, what with the Hellenistic influence and all.

Not to mention that it's being held together by two very thin strings at the top...

So yeah, between all of that I was too distracted to notice the bulge lmao

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
Okay been reading some of the sex scenes for Berwyn and clearly the writer was tired of doing so many variations. I think this is some of the weaker sex scenes from B personally but I am not blaming them. Way too much variation. Would love to try all the variants but the dungeon is a complete shit show :FacePalm: even if you read the clues as you travel to follow the vines you can still miss content and swapping maps repeatedly has actually given me a headache with how jarring it is :WeSmart:. I don't have the will power to test out more variants for now. They should seriously change the dungeon though its one thing to have a maze its another to have flashing map everytime you take a step. I actually missed multiple rooms in my first attempt as Matiha hinted in her dialogue in the aftermath.

I actually don't mind some of the banter and while it may come across as a cheap 180 there are hints she is possessed by something. However the main problem is in the original confrontation with Matiha there were no hints at all so it does come across as contrived. Given the source material I think B did the best they could to make Matiha a more redeemable character. The lore I think wasn't bad but clearly B was burnt out with the sex scenes. Also to those interested you can keep Berwyn male. To give an idea of how much variation there is I will try to break it down.

1. First you choose if Berwyn has a vagina
2. Then the size of the dick.
3. Then if he has breasts
4. If he becomes a she (Wynne also doesn't really go into much detail why she picked that name specifically.)

1. Has vagina or no vagina
2. Has 4 options, No dick, 2 inch, 10 inch, original dick
3. Has 4 options, No breasts, small breasts, Huge breasts or massive (G cup)
4. Has 2 options as well and changes a lot of dialogue too. (However I was kind of disappointed by the genderswap it kind of happens because lol I like tits so much I wanted my own I also feel like a woman now because of reasons.)

As you can see an insane amount of variation way too much should of just stuck to 3 forms max. Original, Futa and Female. Futa is a mix of of 10 inch and small breasts. Female should have been no dick and E cup. Just keep it simple poor B must have lost their mind by the end of writing this content.

I might choose more variations when I regain the will to live and lose the headache from the stupid dungeon. Also if any CoC 2 writers are lurking please add more talking between characters whether it be romantic or dirty talk it helps to break up the paragraphs of description which makes the scenes flow better. It is why Wsan is my fav writer especially for smut.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
I think part of the problem was that there wasn't a whole lot of content with the player character for them to draw off. It was pretty much just his initial quest and then a bunch of sex scenes, making it about his only piece of major content (helping him deal with his teacher) makes a fair amount of sense.
Which is fine, and frankly how that was handled wasn't even bad for the most part. Companion going through stuff and needing the PC to support them, that's fine. The bad starts after the big fight, when the narrative just flips on its head and it becomes about saving this evil chick who was just evil for all of her time in the game. Like, why.

I guess if i cared more about Berwyn/Wynne then i'd be just ecstatic at the prospect of redeeming this generic villain and reuiniting him with his mentor that he's just admitted to loving above all else, but then again maybe not. Just feels shoehorned for threesome, so much so that dropping her to the Wayfort/Evergreen feels itself jarring because of Berwyn's whole speech right before. Can't even drop her to the paladins' without going behind his back.

hell at this point i'm looking every portrait up and down to not be surprised by another dickgirl
Very fair :HideThePain:

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
Okay been reading some of the sex scenes for Berwyn and clearly the writer was tired of doing so many variations. I think this is some of the weaker sex scenes from B personally but I am not blaming them.
Overall I'm pretty underwhelmed by this, the storyline was w/e, kinda just the same as his first quest but with 'higher stakes'. The maze dungeon could've been interesting but the context clues for the path were too vague IMO, vines seemed important but sometimes they weren't an option, there was a point where it took me back to his old room and seemed to hint towards the new exit, but it just sent me back to the start, eventually I stopped reading and just held down d until it gave me the pity win. The sex scenes seem like a downgrade overall, he lost his bad end scene, his titjob option, and the remaining ones seem to just be edits. His scenes with him on top seem to be edited versions of his previous inn scenes. Even the one where cait comes in but it's Matiha instead now. There's a decent number of mistakes too, mostly pronouns. There's also a scene triggered by dominance changes where it's implied he'll have more control from then on but it doesn't seem to change anything, like the trigger is bugged or something.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
They gone and murdered my big dong wolf boi. Fuck this gay world
If it would be gaym they would instead made a female character into a male only one. So for example to solve the Ryn issue she would then turned into a he. But instead a he turned into a she.

• Haha
Reactions: Cricco

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Don't forget that unless you are a part of their circlejerk. You do not matter View attachment 1949073
This really hurts my image of Wsan. Imagine seeing the deletion of so much content, replaced with only a fraction of it, and seeing it as an excuse to be upset. Guess he doesn't abstain completely from the company kool-aid.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes