Meblue

Jul 11, 2021
Wait hold on a minute, what difference does making Berwyn an Npc make? B has already written Berwyn to a point of completion, and has already begun to write a different companion. What's the point of making him an Npc if he's already finished as a Companion? I don't see any valid reasons for this decision that aren't flat out Malicious or Stupid.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Wait hold on a minute, what difference does making Berwyn an Npc make? B has already written Berwyn to a point of completion, and has already begun to write a different companion. What's the point of making him an Npc if he's already finished as a Companion? I don't see any valid reasons for this decision that aren't flat out Malicious or Stupid.
Probably because the devs didn't want to keep referring to him in every main quest.

If you hadn't noticed, almost every main quest has flavor dialgue dependent on your companion (like the or )

Bloep

Sep 2, 2020
I don't know if this is a coder fuckup or B fucked up, but this rework of Berwyn has cut a lot of his content for some reason.
As soon as he moves to the fortress, you lose access to of his sex scenes, talk scenes and the breeding stuff also disappears.
Unless you really want those threesomes or Berwyn with a vag, completing his quest is a huge downgrade.

Br9000

Mar 29, 2018
Berwyn getting removed as a companion seems like a not so subtle way of the devs killing off any potential future content with him. Very strange considering people like him quite a bit more compared to companions like Azy, Atugia, and Quint. And all 3 barely have any content which makes it even more weird. I guess it's because they don't want to write like 3 different scenes for him because of the gender changes and all that but they could've just... not had so many variations?

I'm not complaining that we got this much content, but is it worth killing the character over?
Savinco finding ways to do less for more money.

Meblue

Jul 11, 2021
Probably because the devs didn't want to keep referring to him in every main quest.

If you hadn't noticed, almost every main quest has flavor dialgue dependent on your companion (like the or )
That just sounds like they're lazy. If they can do that for every other companion then why not Berwyn?

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Does Berwyn have preg content now or going to?
No, and he lost his male/sire pregnancy content.

I don't know if this is a coder fuckup or B fucked up, but this rework of Berwyn has cut a lot of his content for some reason.
As soon as he moves to the fortress, you lose access to of his sex scenes, talk scenes and the breeding stuff also disappears.
Unless you really want those threesomes or Berwyn with a vag, completing his quest is a huge downgrade.
That is intended...

Last edited:

Bloep

Sep 2, 2020
No, and he lost his male pregnancy content.

That is intended...
Well what the fuck was the point of this update, then?
"Feature complete" they say after they cut a bunch of scenes and preg content from a character.
I really hope this is just a mistake.

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
i was honestly just going to ask if he had additional scenes that im missing because...well..
hes missing his old scenes from the INN

i wouldnt really call this an update if they took out more content than they added in -.-
but I suppose in the future they can use this as an excuse "okay new update is here! we put his scenes back in this month, it took 3 months of coding and 200 hours of checking the writing to make sure it was the same"

edit: where can I find this 'hundreds' of new pages of sex content <_<

Last edited:
Reactions: Amnelis and BlueOni

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Well what the fuck was the point of this update, then?
"Feature complete" they say after they cut a bunch of scenes and preg content from a character.
I really hope this is just a mistake.
No, it is intended. To scrub any remains of his old work and such. And I can not lie, loosing my favourite male companion, just a guy in general, really sucks. Still, I will go into this with open mind and see what the content actually contains.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
No, it is intended. To scrub any remains of his old work and such. And I can not lie, loosing my favourite male companion, just a guy in general, really sucks. Still, I will go into this with open mind and see what the content actually contains.
Respect for you my friend to keep an open mind after this tomfoolery from Savin
i dont hate B or anything his writing is very good especially on TITS but why he cant continue where HughAlright left off?
its almost seem that Savin want to erase his work from this game completely first that femboy forest elf and now berwyn
Fuck men if savin decompanioning Etheryn in the next update someone should try to cuck him in real life
(Yes im coping rn if y'all wondering):cry::cry:

Reactions: NODOGAN

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
The real world has/had literally all those things at a similar level of technology....except worse.

Eating peoples essence isn't really a huge deal....they specifically don't kill people, and it seems to be more of a minor inconvenience than anything.

Slavery is everywhere is any society in this time period, I don't see how it makes this world particularly corrupt.

And the child grooming thing is...well, nothing. Again, if we're comparing this to the real world? We would have those kids doing the same thing, except we didn't really do the "wait until 18" part. Heck, most of the excesses in this game, besides the glut of sex which nobody hugely minds, us sanitized compared to IRL history.

Kas wants a world where alraunes, corrupted bees, demons and goblin succubi are roaming the land. Kas wants a world where she doesn't stop at taking your essence, she drains your whole soul. In her world, kids won't be "groomed", because I doubt all the demons and whatnot will care about a kids age at all before they get started.

Literally everything Kas has done is a worse version of stuff already going on. And that's not counting the breeding experiments, the cult (which she doesn't directly control but is certainly the cause of), what she did to the Winter City (they didn't dwell on this, but the entire government and royal family of WC is dead now), or the fact that she's doing experiments that are ripping open the fabric of reality and letting in extra dimensional soul stealing monsters, which if Lumia hadn't been around for would have probably completely ended the Frost Marches and probably the world right there....

Besides the loads of casual sex, the world says Kass is pretty much just normal feudal society plus magic. There's really no comparison, Kas us going to burn the whole thing down.
- I can't really disagree with most of what you've said here
(especially the comparisons to the real world in the same time-periods)
- I can see both sides & still sympathise with Kas to a point (quite happy to do a Kas-relationship playthrough)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Please take the bit below with a grain of salt - my memory tends to be terrible - & I'm only going off that*
- Also, while it doesn't make the 'child-grooming' aspect magically acceptable -
- I would like to point out that AFAIK, in the real world (at the same stage as the game is set), the temples would take in orphans (or children the families couldn't afford to raise) (or in the case of ones with 'services' like Cait's temple, offspring) and train/educate them to be the next batch of temple (caretakers/priest-esses/monks etc (or whores in Cait's example)
Even the Catholic Church (after the Middle Ages at least) used the orphanages to recruit & train priests/nuns (Also Buddhist monks/temples)
- So in that light, that aspect of Cait's religion/temple isn't all that unusual for the time period
* but that still doesn't absolve what they're doing compared to 'modern morals'.

Reactions: Fiz1247 and NODOGAN

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
Please my dudes, let's not antagonize Fleep until i get my red musclegirl.

Plus, unless Cait spontaneously comes out of the inn for the first time in 34059348598345 days, it's not the worst deal. Chumps get to get cucked (possibly singular, Fleep blink once if it's a Savin commission), Champs get to cuck. I'll take it.
The expac is a commission, yeah, but the scene was my idea, not Savin's. I wanted them to have a focus on cuck content, and the same way some of you complain about the lack of content where you can fuck other people's girls, there are some who complain about the game not having that much "real" cuck content, so I wanted to do a "cuck or be cucked" thing for the characters. The scene itself is not something that would be up my alley as a player, but as a writer it was pretty hot to write. I guess it's because as a player you gotta be the Champion, but as a writer, you are an external being and can side with the bull instead. But yeah, it's pretty easy to avoid if you don't take Cait with you, or if you just don't click the "bet Cait" option, or if you just win the bet. You won't see the scene unless you actively want to.

Koiish

Dec 4, 2017
Obligatory "We waited nearly a month for this?"

I'm not sure where they're getting the whole 'blog comments are pretty happy' a quick peek shows most are pretty peeved or disappointed, and while i can't speak for patron or discord players considering most supporters started with "I was pretty apathetic about Berwyn to begin with..." i think they may just have rose-tinted glasses on.

Onto the actual meat of the matter, or the lack thereof, i can't help but feel this a real case of 'one step forward, two steps back' while it's nice for a companion to receive a resolution to their conflict and potentially grow as a character via event (something this game lacks in abundance) a lot of the weight, impact, and reward is lost by making them an NPC without good cause. Half the reason you'd care for a companion is due to sharing a journey and spending time with them, by stripping that status they've hurt those who have been with the game for a while/those who like the character and will now confuse new players as to why this '''NPC''' is getting so much focus and attention.

Also Savin's "Don't wanna burden someone with an extra companion" excuse is limp at best considering he's been working on what two, three companions before shucking responsibility? seeing as Berwyn was already barren in terms of story inclusiveness i don't see why just, not having him comment on the events is that big a deal? or just having Berwyn transition into a community based comp that any of the writers could write for on a whim considering this quest makes him 'feature-complete' it seems a little silly to demote him if you ask me.

tl;dr I don't see the merit in removing one of the few male comps that had a specialized role with a good chunk of fans and making Berwyn a NPC while also giving them a character arc/conclusion is bad planning/writing

P.S " Etheryn herself already stresses what we can and should do with a character you can bring with you. " go fuck yourself and do your job, next time realize what you signed up for before you start trying to do it.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes