menatv

Dec 6, 2019
The update in itself I thought was well done. B. did a good job with the quest.

But am highly annoyed we lost a male companion. So now we're done to just Quin and Brint? Any others going to be added of the male-type gender?

What I also liked about Berwyn was he was a femboy who could be dom. Don't see that many places. And now probably won't see it at all in this game any longer (at least as far as companions go). Oh well.

You'd think maybe they could...oh I dunno...just hire another writer to handle Berwyn's companion story? But I suppose that would be asking too much from them.

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
Obligatory "We waited nearly a month for this?"

I'm not sure where they're getting the whole 'blog comments are pretty happy' a quick peek shows most are pretty peeved or disappointed, and while i can't speak for patron or discord players considering most supporters started with "I was pretty apathetic about Berwyn to begin with..." i think they may just have rose-tinted glasses on.

Onto the actual meat of the matter, or the lack thereof, i can't help but feel this a real case of 'one step forward, two steps back' while it's nice for a companion to receive a resolution to their conflict and potentially grow as a character via event (something this game lacks in abundance) a lot of the weight, impact, and reward is lost by making them an NPC without good cause. Half the reason you'd care for a companion is due to sharing a journey and spending time with them, by stripping that status they've hurt those who have been with the game for a while/those who like the character and will now confuse new players as to why this '''NPC''' is getting so much focus and attention.

Also Savin's "Don't wanna burden someone with an extra companion" excuse is limp at best considering he's been working on what two, three companions before shucking responsibility? seeing as Berwyn was already barren in terms of story inclusiveness i don't see why just, not having him comment on the events is that big a deal? or just having Berwyn transition into a community based comp that any of the writers could write for on a whim considering this quest makes him 'feature-complete' it seems a little silly to demote him if you ask me.

tl;dr I don't see the merit in removing one of the few male comps that had a specialized role with a good chunk of fans and making Berwyn a NPC while also giving them a character arc/conclusion is bad planning/writing

P.S " Etheryn herself already stresses what we can and should do with a character you can bring with you. " go fuck yourself and do your job, next time realize what you signed up for before you start trying to do it.
This is further proof they need a better project lead or editor. If there is even one there.

Another thing I don't understand is why are we gonna dump Berwyn who was already established just to add a new companion, who has no real back story, no involvement in the quest currently, and most players aren't going to be attached to them, since you know the new characters has not done anything yet? While I do know the new companion is going to be Vivian who we meet earlier, Berry has been more involved in the quest then her. I would much rather they continued developing Berry instead of bring Viv in at the 13th hour.

Plus we already have a bunch of big tittied girls to breed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bootyman

texxy

Aug 19, 2017
Finished the quest, and now Berwyn is just gone? The fuck, what was the point of letting us change him up, if you're gonna strait up banish the dude to void?

Reactions: DwingF9 and Amnelis

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Finished the quest, and now Berwyn is just gone? The fuck, what was the point of letting us change him up, if you're gonna strait up banish the dude to void?
Yes, mans usually do this after you turn him into woman.

Ramen Rena

Jun 29, 2017
I keep getting messages about resolve in combat when I play the newest version; though I love the auto feature for at-will stance powers. I don't get why I keep seeing resolve in battle.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
They're going to genderbend you too, no guy is safe in this game. :KEK:
WE CAN ALREADY DO THAT! (For real tho Kassyrra won't let ya sub without commenting if ya want a horse-vag, that being said at least she ASKS and respects your choice...oh my lord the literal Demon let's you have choices without erasing content.)

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
So, where is this "lot of new sex content" mentioned in the changelog?
No matter what ending you choose and how Bery looks, they are still the same 4 scenes, even the threesomes, with slightly different wording. There's now even less content then before.

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
So, where is this "lot of new sex content" mentioned in the changelog?
No matter what ending you choose and how Bery looks, they are still the same 4 scenes, even the threesomes, with slightly different wording. There's now even less content then before.
Just did a third run through of the quest. There is more in the dungeon. You can find a secret room with journals, notes and a love letter dedicated to Berry. Gives some more backstory on Mathila and Berry's grandfather. I'll give B some credit. He did put a decent amount of content in this update. I think he was trying to do Berry's character some justice despite wanting to write other things.

Which is a nice touch, but I'd still rather have Berry as a companion. <- This is pretty much my summary of this update as well.

Also I don't know how to get to that room, was just taking random paths to see if I could find anything new.

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Well this is really disappointing and really don't make a lot of sense, from reading the comments this is because there is beef with an old writer that did Berwyns original content? Really? There are a few companions I bet are way less used quint and Azyrran for example and looking at the wiki you can bring the kitsune? Had no idea because of how stupid all the interactions with the daughter was I just reloaded a save and pretend those characters do not exist.

Sigh in short this update kills my favorite companion for no good reason and it triggers me.

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
Just double checking before starting the new update. Am I right in saying that Berwyn who was the face for CoC 2 at one point is now an NPC?
Wouldn't it have been better to scrap another companion like Quint and get their writer to write Berwyn instead?
I can't see this as anything but Savin being super petty if true. I am just in shock to be honest. A major blow for F/M and M/M players.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes