MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Berwyn getting removed as a companion seems like a not so subtle way of the devs killing off any potential future content with him. Very strange considering people like him quite a bit more compared to companions like Azy, Atugia, and Quint. And all 3 barely have any content which makes it even more weird. I guess it's because they don't want to write like 3 different scenes for him because of the gender changes and all that but they could've just... not had so many variations?

I'm not complaining that we got this much content, but is it worth killing the character over?

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
Berwyn getting removed as a companion seems like a not so subtle way of the devs killing off any potential future content with him. Very strange considering people like him quite a bit more compared to companions like Azy, Atugia, and Quint. And all 3 barely have any content which makes it even more weird. I guess it's because they don't want to write like 3 different scenes for him because of the gender changes and all that but they could've just... not had so many variations?

I'm not complaining that we got this much content, but is it worth killing the character over?
Largely agree with you. I'm almost finished with the quest. (i'm confronting Mathila) I'm assuming this is where Berwyn's gender gets changed further depending on your action. If I was only given the choice of a girl or femboy Berwyn I'd be fine with that, as he was pretty much a permanet member of my party. I don't really need a dick girl variant (which I'm assuming is the third choice.) I'll give them props for at least making you have to solve a puzzle to get the dungeon. But with a maze type puzzle like this I wish they allowed you to mark the map. I also wish they allowed you to save in dungeons as I want girl Berwyn and I'm gonna be pissed if I get dick girl or stuck with base Berry and have to go through this again.

Reactions: NODOGAN and Wrynn13

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016

I think the idea was that he was getting benched regardless. He hasn't been added even to the conversations in quests or anything like that for over a year. And B has his own companion and a bunch of other projects.
So either dead end content or this.

Also, its not at all subtle, its straight up stated - the update says Berwyn is now feature complete.

In any case, I predicted no future content happening when I found out about the genderswapping in the first place. Too many variables always kills future content, companion or not.

Didn't think it was going to be official, though.

Reactions: Kalyadranoc
Oct 10, 2021
Does this mean they can start writing out the other companions? The temple finally has a point. Cait can run it all the time and obsessively wait at the portal while petting a smaller catgirl in her lap like an evil overlord. The rabbit loser commonly confused with the very lovely poster in this thread can spend all his time simping over that one prostitute.

neonclear

Feb 18, 2018
Where does Berry go after the new quest? They're no longer at the inn.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot that it's accessible from the camp menu.

Lance Lot

Sep 13, 2017
He's pretty much dead then, I pretty much do people's content and then sometimes interact with them when I notice them, which is never gonna happen cuz I never make camp.

Also, is there any character you can itneract with besides Matiha in the dungeon? I spammed buttons till I got straight to her but I wanted to know if I missed content because of that

Reactions: Fiz1247

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
He's pretty much dead then, I pretty much do people's content and then sometimes interact with them when I notice them, which is never gonna happen cuz I never make camp.

Also, is there any character you can itneract with besides Matiha in the dungeon? I spammed buttons till I got straight to her but I wanted to know if I missed content because of that
Pretty much complete the quest and you get to have sex with Mathila or Berwyn/Wynne. If you play as a character without a penis (so pretty much female champions) the game soft-locks when you try to sleep with Mathila so expect a hotfix later to day/tomorrow.

Last edited:

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Great. We were already told earlier that no new companions will be added due to some arbitrary deadline they set. So no Mousegirl.

Now after finally poor Berwyn gets some content....he is taken out of the game as a companion. Sheesh. And btw, I hate mazes too, so probably I will hate this Berwyn quest now too. Thanks, devs.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes