Heremus

Nov 7, 2017
So I wanted to take a jab at this, because it feels like the evidence we could get will be lackluster. What are the odds of the God Wraith plotline ending up as "We get prayed to, so we take an infinitesimal amount of their soul with each prayer"?
Sounds pretty on brand, doesn't it?

Heremus

Nov 7, 2017
I stopped playing tits, who exactly are the fuckheads who board your ship?
Shizuya's crew. You get mistaken for one of their bounty targets, and disarmed without any skill checks. Ship is in disrepair, so you have to wait it out between the two crews, your own ship and theirs.
Course, it doesn't take into account anything that has been implemented since then, such as unique ships (Dr. Teyaal's Sidewinder).

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
Shizuya's crew. You get mistaken for one of their bounty targets, and disarmed without any skill checks. Ship is in disrepair, so you have to wait it out between the two crews, your own ship and theirs.
Course, it doesn't take into account anything that has been implemented since then, such as unique ships (Dr. Teyaal's Sidewinder).
How the hell would you mistake someone else's ship for your targets, did they even try contacting the ship before boarding to see if they go the wrong people or check identification since this is space? How the hell would you even get steamrolled without a check of any kind or accounting for different ships? This entire event sounds really contrived.

Heremus

Nov 7, 2017
"After responding to a distress signal, Steele is ambushed by Shizuya and her crew, having been mistaken for a contract target."
Said ship Shizuya has is a light freighter as described by the wiki, and the only other ship that's typed as a "light freighter" is Kaede's, but they're comparable in size to most player owned ships.
There's no way to really defend it, it leaves a sour sneer on my mouth.

Last edited:

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
"After responding to a distress signal, Steele is ambushed by Shizuya and her crew, having been mistaken for a contract target."
Yeah, but how, they are smart enough to somehow lure you into an ambush and somehow beat you but not verify they got the right target/ship? Wouldn't their initial target come with a description and the minute they get on board or see you think they might have gotten the wrong guy/gal? I guess you can argue modding makes that harder to do but... wouldn't your info be relatively up to date? Does it take into account your ship can change a lot cause that seems like a thing to account for.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Recruiting most of the people in Mass effect 2 and doing their loyalty mission is all optional. But, it explains your companions motivations and why they are capable of certain things.
This is the biggest take away with ME2. You don't have to do their loyalty missions. You don't have to recruit everyone, but guess what happens? People fucking die. You showed no investment in their character, and the character still has personal doubts and fears that eat away at them in the final mission so they mess up and get themselves killed. They can even get other people killed if you don't do their loyalty mission. Brilliant example, right there. Side content is often very important in well-made RPGs. It won't prevent you from getting the "You Winner!" screen if you don't do them, but you most likely won't get the best outcome either.

So I wanted to take a jab at this, because it feels like the evidence we could get will be lackluster. What are the odds of the God Wraith plotline ending up as "We get prayed to, so we take an infinitesimal amount of their soul with each prayer"?
Sounds pretty on brand, doesn't it?
It sounds on brand, but it would be something people would start to notice yknow? What I was implying was that as the mortal body died the wraith would scoop up the Qi/Soul bullshit thing and eat it. No one ever passes on to the afterlife anymore, because when you die you become Wraith chow. It protects their godly image of "Oh yeah we're totally not Wraiths" but also allows them to dine on them sweet, sweet life-juice bottles.

I'm very confused, can I get a brief rundown on all this Gods = Wraiths stuff means?
So a long time ago, Savarrah was in a golden age and everything was fucking awesome. Then some wizards at the Wizard College (TM) opened up a portal, but it went to nowhere. In that space between worlds live things called wraiths, and these wraiths came in. Tl;dr on the lore, the wraiths starting eating people's life force and basically steamrolled the world. Then, some wraiths gained sentience and decided that they did not want to be destroyers and pretended to be the Gods that everyone worshipped. They defeated the wraiths and then a few hundred yeats pass, and then Kas shows up. These wraiths are still pretending to be gods, and now you know

Also shout outs to Moneyman but it's all good. Skandranon lives for the debate, and so do I. They can disagree with me up, down, left, and right. It keeps the environment healthy because it doesn't become an echochamber. Although I wish I could get a better answer on why I should trust these abominations...

Edit: The only thing I actually extremely disagree with is the "Your character is not a blank slate" argument. If they weren't, I wouldn't be offered to choose a background/class/eye color/defining trait/dick size/race/etc. I would be John/Jane CoC2, here to finish the fight. But I'm not. I'm ImperialGuardsman, who wandered from a far away land, seeking answers on how the Blades could fail defending the Emperor. Instead, I've been burdened with the responsibility of saving a land I have no attachment to, yet as an Imperial Guardsman I cannot help but be there for any citizen. It's written into my AI, after all.

Last edited:

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
Yes, they were pretty much wild animals eating a shit ton of people until they randomly sprouted a conscious and then masqueraded as the missing gods. We still don't even know why the original 7 are missing/gone in the first place, it doesn't seem like they killed each other and there was no corruption yet.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
So basically, they are sort of Eldritch Abominations instead of actual Gods in the capital G sense.
Essentially, yes. They're also responsible for the demonic looking monsters in the Glacial Rift, not Kas. (Not saying the gods are, but the monsters are "Wraith Chimeras" not Demon Chimeras). In case you want to read more about the Godswar

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
So basically, they are sort of Eldritch Abominations instead of actual Gods in the capital G sense.
Depends on how the lore works out. Plenty of stories have people/things become gods because they are worshiped and not the other way around. Of course with this crew I'd bet nothing is actually planned/thought out and they just spout random bullshit.

Heremus

Nov 7, 2017
Man, being reminded of this story involving the wraiths makes it hard to not draw connections between the authors and/or potential malice towards the attempts of people making Modifications to their games.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Man, being reminded of this story involving the wraiths makes it hard to not draw connections between the author and/or potential malice towards the attempts of people making Modifications to their games.
Mind explaining for a 3head like me that can't understand?

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
Depends on how the lore works out. Plenty of stories have people/things become gods because they are worshiped and not the other way around. Of course with this crew I'd bet nothing is actually planned/thought out and they just spout random bullshit.
This makes me kinda sad, because this development team does have some good ideas every once in a while. I genuienly want them to put out a good game. But I feel like nothing is going to come of this lore, and like Skan is saying its just going to be a background detail that goes no where.

Heremus

Nov 7, 2017
Mind explaining for a 3head like me that can't understand?
I'm getting some sleep, but maybe someone here can explain how COC1: Unofficially Expanded Edition was viewed. Maybe it's already been talked about and just needs to be searched.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
I assume the devs took personal offense to modders doing a better job at making a fun game than they did
Only some of the devs. Fen gave the modders their own section of the forums. Savin however was incredibly toxic. Still is as he is tryng to code CoC2 to not be modable, or at least difficult.

teddidiah

Mar 24, 2019
You can't mod tits either, it's a shared view. That said, Savin had it kind of the worst, to relitigate mod-chat; as a reminder coc1 was a flash game, you could upload it to some site anywhere and play it in browser, no issue. So modded versions got uploaded and mistake for the real deal, with the biggest mod adding a really shitty hunger/thirst system, poorly written and unvetted content (remember, these goobs basically sucked up anything decent and added it as their business model, so any modded stuff was typically very dire) and, more importantly for savin, a bunch of poorly written content for helspawn while she was still like, ten.

unbelievably, someone adding shitty c/p for your grand love project and people constantly pestering him for questions or asking why he did it etc made it a very sore point for savin.

honestly there isn't much need to welcome mods either, given again the all-content-welcomed sort of mindset. most mods people try to push involve murdering characters they don't like for minor slights in some childish highschool power fantasy

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes