stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
View attachment 3899749 View attachment 3899750

Oh man! I love being at full health and suddenly dying for no reason!

Seriously what is this combat, lmao. This sort of turn based combat is fucked.
Maybe I'm just retarded and expected a bit more leniency on normal against a single enemy, but having two attacks per person on a turn is kinda a clusterfuck to keep track of when you know you're the one going first, but you have to account for that, but you're not able to plan out any attacks and hope your allies actually manage to contribute meaningfully. It's kinda painful.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017

In what difficulty & what level you playing at? also WHY you using a fire dagger on the goddamned hellhound? you could switch to dual-wielding the short swords my bro (btw you wearing heavy armor or something that doesn't let your warrior perk increase your damage?)

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019

Yeah, the combat in this game has always been kinda fucked. Especially since it's auto loss if the PC goes down. A random crit from the wrong move can chunk a whole ass health bar and there's nothing you can really do about it.

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
The combat is not perfect. But you losing, that is skill issue.
Alright, so me losing is just a matter of a skill issue. Do elaborate.

I've got good armor, a decent weapon, level 5 and still happen to be 1 turn crit hit just because I didn't use my ultimate on an enemy I didn't think needed it..? I'm assuming that's a skill issue too then because why else would it be like this if this wasn't the intended playing experience. Or maybe I'm just 'projecting' and really the meta was just playing on story mode. (I'm not going to do that but it really does just speak volumes that this is considered normal).

I'm not skimping on tactics or characters either, I do like Quin and Atugia, though Brint and Cait do just fine unless I need, or think I need, a lil extra spell casting or tease damage. In so far, threat just means either if they have AOE or single target high damaging attacks, I'm the likely recipient. So it's either defend, pull out the stops, or pop the breaks on their bullshit. Playing a fighter/warrior combo right now so maybe I'm just missing the 'only good way to play' somewhere else or some broken ability somewhere.

Edit, I did purchase different armor and weapons after so that did make a bit of a difference, but it definitely still rears its head anywhere near bosses or individually unique encounters when you don't just steamroll them with 2 - 3 people in your party.

Last edited:

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Alright, so me losing is just a matter of a skill issue. Do elaborate.

I've got good armor, a decent weapon, level 5 and still happen to be 1 turn crit hit just because I didn't use my ultimate on an enemy I didn't think needed it..? I'm assuming that's a skill issue too then because why else would it be like this if this wasn't the intended playing experience. Or maybe I'm just 'projecting' and really the meta was just playing on story mode. (I'm not going to do that but it really does just speak volumes that this is considered normal).

I'm not skimping on tactics or characters either, I do like Quin and Atugia, though Brint and Cait do just fine unless I need, or think I need, a lil extra spell casting or tease damage. In so far, threat just means either if they have AOE or single target high damaging attacks, I'm the likely recipient. So it's either defend, pull out the stops, or pop the breaks on their bullshit. Playing a fighter/warrior combo right now so maybe I'm just missing the 'only good way to play' somewhere else or some broken ability somewhere.
I mean, hellhound is not even that strong. Later there will be enemies one-shotting you without needing any crits, and having several actions per turn, while being repeatable random enctounter mobs.
The "balance" does not exist in this game. You either one-shot everything, or get one-shotted yourself.

Jaz0n

May 23, 2019
I mean, hellhound is not even that strong. Later there will be enemies one-shotting you without needing any crits, and having several actions per turn, while being repeatable random enctounter mobs.
The "balance" does not exist in this game. You either one-shot everything, or get one-shotted yourself.
And it's really easy to be the former. I mean... I'm the former, and I'm a goddamn moron to this game's battle mechanic.

Heck, I swear. Name me one person who plays CoC 2 for the gameplay and not the rpg mechanics.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
And it's really easy to be the former. I mean... I'm the former, and I'm a goddamn moron to this game's battle mechanic.

Heck, I swear. Name me one person who plays CoC 2 for the gameplay and not the rpg mechanics.
The weirdos who make all those overly-complicated min-maxxer character builds. There are a few of these on the fenforum.

Sep 2, 2018
Console commanding leycrystal grenades and throwing them around all day every day.
Ley grenades suck ass, though. If you don't like the combat, just open the console with ctrl+shift+i, and paste this

pc.hitPointsMaxMod = 9999999, pc.perks[0].values = [100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100], pc.actionPoints = 5;

Enjoy curbstomping everything with max stats, infinite health, and five attacks per turn, and it doesn't give the annoying edited save popup.

Or just play on Story

2.90 star(s) 108 Votes