Sacred_Lamb

Sep 15, 2024
'Ruff-talking slut' is fine if they're not another carbon-copy futa-dom, and this one differentiates herself because she tests you once, and the test doesn't involve any tricks, combat, or RNG, it's just 'pick one obvious dialogue choice' and you're done. After that, she's friendly and fuckable. Her being rough around the edges has the perfectly reasonable explanation of her being an orc skald.

For a nice and recent contrast, the Black Knight is a futa who you have to beat in combat to earn the right to sub to.
Thats like getting served shit, ordering something new but getting something served burnt. Its a bit better but its still crap.
Rather than her time as a travelling skald showing through her interactions n world view, she's just another "ruff girl" with vague lore that can get switched out with something else. She's just another ORC, no nuance or substance.

BrigadeD

Oct 5, 2020
Am I the only one who finds the fact that bosses and some enemies can heal their entire health bar in one cycle incredibly crazy for the combat? Healing seems to be getting outta hand.

Many of the 1v1 bosses really hammer in the play style of one round kill or stall and/or die.
Like by no means am a novice at rpg mechanics, but I really shouldn't have to min max just to see the fruit of a choice I made.

The latter half of this game is really starting to show cracks of the games balance. And I'm not even in it for the combat.

BrigadeD

Oct 5, 2020
Whaaat??? A DnD copied "inspired" system breaking at late game? who could possibly predicted that!
All I know is that I just want to pick some of the more interesting options in the game, and if dnd required me to min max every encounter that I liked I wouldn't play it. Not saying it's balanced but at least the broken part of dnd is in your favor

FurrBat

May 8, 2019
Am I the only one who finds the fact that bosses and some enemies can heal their entire health bar in one cycle incredibly crazy for the combat? Healing seems to be getting outta hand.
Oh I feel u, tried Coloseum and theres one or two enemy teams there that have healers that can throw the fucking team heals for either 1 person or themselves for 300-500hp. Made the mistake of running a retarded team composition of me atugia phoenix chick. I was specced for stalling, safe to say the "combat" was like two retarded bricks bashing into each other and we fucking stalemated, either side couldnt kill each other and after 5th fucking time my recharge skill missed i gave up and quit the game. Like the hit chance for some skills feel like im playing fucking xcom.

Peasantry

Apr 11, 2018
Thats like getting served shit, ordering something new but getting something served burnt. Its a bit better but its still crap.
Rather than her time as a travelling skald showing through her interactions n world view, she's just another "ruff girl" with vague lore that can get switched out with something else. She's just another ORC, no nuance or substance.
Ah, my bad for taking that as a question in good faith. If you were looking for an excuse to whine, did you really need to take the time to involve me?

Reactions: VPedge
Sep 2, 2018
Ah, my bad for taking that as a question in good faith. If you were looking for an excuse to whine, did you really need to take the time to involve me?
Welcome to the state of CoC2 ‘discourse.’
There’s several hundred more pages of non-sequiturs and strawmans over yonder, if you feel like backreading.

I actually kinda like Ylvid, and it’s telling about the state of the game when Savin’s the only one among the staff who can push out a good character these days.

Peasantry

Apr 11, 2018
Welcome to the state of CoC2 ‘discourse.’
There’s several hundred more pages of non-sequiturs and strawmans over yonder, if you feel like backreading.

I actually kinda like Ylvid, and it’s telling about the state of the game when Savin’s the only one among the staff who can push out a good character these days.
Yeah, seen enough that I probably should have known better, but oh well

Savin is a classic case of a broken clock being right twice a season day- a lot of the other writers are broken clocks missing both hour and minute hands

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
Though there's a couple of things about the new content that turns me off slightly.
What, the wolf TFing?

it’s telling about the state of the game when Savin’s the only one among the staff who can push out a good character these days.
Savin's not a bad writer.
Really, I don't think it's as dire as all that. I'm critical a bunch sure. But, the only legitimately half baked and frankly awkwardly bad character released in the last two months was Alante.

Gardeford, Jstar, B, and SKoW haven't been off their game for awhile. Most of my early in game complaints (except obviously the big one where corruption doesn't honking matter) haven't been poked in awhile.

Many of the 1v1 bosses really hammer in the play style of one round kill or stall and/or die.
Like by no means am a novice at rpg mechanics, but I really shouldn't have to min max just to see the fruit of a choice I made.

The latter half of this game is really starting to show cracks of the games balance. And I'm not even in it for the combat.
I'm a bit torn. On one hand it helps fights last a bit longer without getting alpha struck into nonexistence. Because everything is still dying in 2 turns that's not 1 arena boss.

But on the other hand, they clearly must see the issue with the 2 power, 1 encounter, 1 at-will (probably a stance), 1 ultimate approach, given enemy movesets since accessing the Windy Peaks look like this now;

I've got a lot to say on the topic of the games combat, balance, and character building...
But, hell who even cares. It is what it is.

Reactions: JungleNuts
Oct 10, 2021
Would it be better to have Willpower or Presence as your highest tagged skill? Seems like the skills are drifting more towards magic now so I was thinking of just rerolling. I was thinking of rolling a Wyld Elf for once. Do Wyld Elves/Black-White Mages get any cool scenes?

Also, does anyone remember what Cassia's gladiator outfit boosts? Was it raising strength and agility to presence levels? It was basically a way for Charmers to be able to become fighters, right?

Lucky_I

May 2, 2021
Would it be better to have Willpower or Presence as your highest tagged skill? Seems like the skills are drifting more towards magic now so I was thinking of just rerolling. I was thinking of rolling a Wyld Elf for once. Do Wyld Elves/Black-White Mages get any cool scenes?

Also, does anyone remember what Cassia's gladiator outfit boosts? Was it raising strength and agility to presence levels? It was basically a way for Charmers to be able to become fighters, right?
I say presence because presence also makes your party members and summons A LOT stronger.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017

They do get to summon a dragon chick in the Dracia quest, that's it right now (also hints that they'll be eligible for the mega orgy on Tychris if we ever get there)

Also I think the set increased either your agility or your presence so is not that good for Chrmer/Fighter Hybrid builds since your strength will still be crap.

Last edited:

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Ok so correct me if I'm wrong but does the new powers/weapons feel kind of...meh?

River's stance if I'm getting it right doesn't to much for Charmers since Temptation is just accuracy bonus for Tease attacks, not more power for Teases (that's sexyness) so you're better of with the Thief's stance that gives ya a bonus to sexyness (or y'know, just using Bolstering dance)

As for Garth's? who the fuck is gonna pick that slightly-than-average stance attack? Warriors have far BETTER stances already (if you're dual-wielding with the lightsaber you're untouchable, if you're two-handing then why the fuck waste stance on that thing when you could get Zo's stance to be IMMUNE to prone/disarming AND let us not forget that a Warrior's normal attacks can deal AoE damage, the BEST kind of damage, at level 7 so why bother with a damaging stance?)

As for the "new" weapons...really? All you doing is letting me buy the Hunter's Bow earlier, that isn't new, that was already in the game! you just removed abit RGN factor from the first few days! the Spellbook is new I'll grant you that, but again: that shit isn't increasing my spellpower, just my spell penetration, WHY would I pick it over the Bull Totem? hell WHY would I grab it over the Noble's Harp that gives me a boost in BOTH spell penetration and spellpower since day one?¡

...At least Ylvid is still hot, I guess there's that.

Oct 10, 2021
Maybe they forgot what the pre existing items do, since they flood the game with a lot of gear (and combat formulas).

Anyway, I guess a Charmer would want to be Maxed Presence (so human noble or some such), Agility, and... Cunning? Or should I drop Agility for Willpower for the sake of damage.

Sacred_Lamb

Sep 15, 2024
My guy YOU replied, smh, just because I don't agree with or placate your outlook doesn't mean I've answered you in bad faith, I'm not calling you names nor am I saying your opinion is shit. I am saying the character is crap for XXX reasons, she isn't much better than the other shit characters she is surrounded by either.

Savin's not a bad writer.
Really, I don't think it's as dire as all that. I'm critical a bunch sure. But, the only legitimately half baked and frankly awkwardly bad character released in the last two months was Alante.

Gardeford, Jstar, B, and SKoW haven't been off their game for awhile. Most of my early in game complaints (except obviously the big one where corruption doesn't honking matter) haven't been poked in awhile.
Nah bruv, dude is a bad writer, his characters have no goals or motivations, they don't grow otside "fuck me hard". Their personalities change depending on the mood he wants to set instead of having the characters' being themselves, just look at Kas for a prime example.

2.80 star(s) 106 Votes