chichong

May 7, 2020
Are there threesomes? And if yes, how do you trigger them?

Also is weird that you are in the room with the roommate, both awake, and the only interaction available is via phone.

riadhloch

Jul 1, 2018
I do want to say that despite my self-indulgent, verbose wall of criticism and suggestions, at the end of the day this game is impressive. There's a fantastic amount of content, as well as elements of UI/UX that speak to a degree of polish you don't often see in games on F95zone. Save for a few bugs here and there, that accomplishment is no small feat. Not by half.

The game that Dev Anthaum has created is not only worth playing, it's worth paying for. Given the expertise they've shown so far, I don't doubt they will successfully complete this game in a reasonable amount of time.

On the one hand, I get the repetition and the monotony of the day to day. It seems that the dev's intention is to create a simulation of an actual college and the slow progression of relationships, knowledge, skills, etc. On the other hand, it's mind-numbing, especially considering that in some cases there doesn't seem to be any indication of progress towards milestone events.

For example, with the best friend, the player is advised to "just keep going to the Friday parties, something will happen" but there's no matter how much the player progresses their relationship with their best friend there's no suggestion of its evolution. One day it's business as usual, then you abruptly have a new option at the party, you have a binary choice to make with the friend that'll determine whether you two become sexually active or not, and then later romantic or not.

And then it's.. business as usual. More like a semi-romantic fuck-buddy than anything else.

Please don't misunderstand: there's a lot of writing here, and a relatively complex system of managing relationships, and the autonomous actions and events going on regardless of what the player is about. Every NPC is off doing things. The world is progressing along with the player. That is a substantial amount of work and an impressive achievement in a simulation.

It's not unlike Maxis' The Sims on a college campus yet with a whole lot of lewd sex (rather than the pixelated kind). The problem is that The Sims makes its repetition quite a bit more fun.

I realize this is quite the wall of text, so allow me to get into the suggestions (although I realize what I propose is quite a bit more work):

1. Add more options to the singular monotonous tasks.

For example, at the QuickieBurger, instead of just 'work' maybe it's "work the register" or "wash dishes" to start or something like that, but as the player gains experience (which seems to be tracked for the QuickieBurger already) those options expand. Maybe in addition to "work the register" they could "work the drive thru" or "flip burgers." There are already a variety of texts reflecting that the player does a variety of actions, but even just a few things like this change-up the monotony a bit and give the player a bit more agency. In the places where this has begun to exist (e.g. working out at the gym) it's definitely more engaging, but even the gym could have more options (e.g. spin classes, yoga, aerobics, cross-fit, etc.)

2. Reduce clicks wherever possible.

For example, if the player wants to go to the pool they must do the following (assuming they already made the money to buy a swimsuit, went to the mall, bought the swimsuit, and created an outfit with the swimsuit).

- Travel to the gym
- Go to the locker room
- Visit their locker
- Put on the swimsuit
- Swim

And after:

- Exit the pool
- Go to the lockers
- Shower
- Put on other clothes
- Use the restroom

I understand the need, as there are triggers reliant upon the player changing in the locker room, but that doesn't always occur and instead it's just a whole lot of clicks most of the time. For much of this game there is sooo much clicking all to address a relatively small chance of crucial random events.

Instead, if the player has already designated outfits for swimming or working out, upon entering the gym they could choose to either go workout, or go to the pool, and it could be presumed they went to the locker room first. That would be where the interrupting random event could occur. Same upon exiting: prompt the player to shower as ending their work-out or swim -- unless there's some triggering event that requires the player's hygiene be filthy? -- shower or leave the building, I suppose.

3. More indications of incremental progress. As I mentioned above, in some cases there are notable indicators of increased skill or changes in relationship, but in many there are not. You just repeat and repeat and repeat until something magically happens someday. I advise avoiding this if possible. Build anticipation through visible progress. As the players gets positive feedback on their repetition they're more likely to repeat it, knowing something awaits them, even if they don't know what that is. The hints are good, but it isn't enough.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Are there threesomes? And if yes, how do you trigger them?
I encountered two scenes which don't appear to be repatable

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe there is more. In general the game already is quite rich in small surprising events
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As random events I would expect sharking and sex being captured with or without consent sooner or later. Also it seems logic to me that the "extra credit" tasks spread rumour around campus
- with fellow students knowing the triggerwords for hypnosis and
- our mc posing for fellow art students practicing in the park.

ClaudiaMinx_01

Apr 5, 2022
Jeez, those are amazing events that I have absolutely never heard of, specially the laundry one.

This game *really* needs a in-game tool to adjust that absurd rng.

Reactions: Sant3224

chichong

May 7, 2020
I encountered two scenes which don't appear to be repeatable

... snip...
Thank you for the response. I was hoping at something more... regulated (like the weekly tournaments).

That being said, I feel the opportunities of messing around are kind of lacking.
You need a lot of preparations for a 10 seconds scene (call x, set date/booty call, wait, meet with x). Only exception are the weekly parties where you can pretty much hook up non-stop and the pick-ups in bar.

However, like in every single game of genre there is zero assertiveness from NPCs. They call you to express their desire, and that's it. No invite to date, nothing. In sex scenes they demand oral while being fully dressed.

Honestly the most arousing scene I found was when my PC was the prize from tournament and lost. That NPC acted like a real horny character when interacted with my PC. Even with "dangerzone" seed, everyone acts way too civil and polite. Now to be honest I came here from DoL so I might be biased. But I feel like DoL and CoT are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Not sure if is a good or a bad thing.

Reactions: notajetfighter

jd0817

Oct 17, 2021
So how do you use the streaming equipment? Bought a camera, said it was sent to my dorm, but the text still states I am using my phone and the quality is bad.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
So how do you use the streaming equipment? Bought a camera, said it was sent to my dorm, but the text still states I am using my phone and the quality is bad.
You don't just need the camera. The eqipment consists of camera, microfone plus - but I don't know if this is necessary from start - an overhead camera. Quality gets better with better lighting and better equipment.

Reactions: jd0817

jd0817

Oct 17, 2021
You don't just need the camera. The eqipment consists of camera, microfone plus - but I don't know if this is necessary from start - an overhead camera. Quality gets better with better lighting and better equipment.
Thanks for the heads up. I thought I already bought a microphone, then went and checked and realised I didn't.:FacePalm:

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Well, there 'appears' to be "Futa's" already in game .

My character, had an 'collision' with one at the gym's pool .

The MC was exiting the pool via the ladder, and another FEMALE student, tried to rush up that same ladder .
In the process, the two characters collided crotch-to-ass, and it was described, that my character 'felt' a 'cock-like' appendage prodding her ass !

It continued to describe the 'futa' student, as trying to hide their growing erection, and apologizing to my MC, that she hadn't intended to have that happen . . . she was just 'excited' to meet my MC ! :unsure: (my MC's inner-thought, was she may have had a "crush" on the MC, and couldn't control her excitement , when she finally had an opportunity to approach her.) :rolleyes:

After-which, she ran away, trying to hide her erection, and her embarrassment !

PS - pretty-sure, the other student was NOT Trans-gen , (nor shemale either) , as she was described in the text . . . :confused:

My game was 'set-up' for a Girl-on-girl society . . . with only a few "males", for reasons . . .

So far, haven't seen any "Trans" of either type, show up . . .

I wouldn't actually mind if a few Trans-women made an appearance , but there is no way to include them currently, as far as I could figure . (when 'setting-up' the "World" ).

My world, does have a few "non-binaries" (?) . . . (but I honestly, don't know how to 'deal' with them, in the game :unsure:)

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
I think it would be awesome if they would add paper dolls the way DoL has. The character descriptions in CoT seem very similar to how the MC description is handled in DoL, and since everyone has a description in CoT, as opposed to just the MC in DoL, it would be cool to see everyone represented, even if just as a paper doll

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
So far, haven't seen any "Trans" of either type, show up . . .
A couple of hours after posting that statement, a Trans-woman appeared . . .

unfortunately, . . . she was fully transitioned, so, no partial transformation, as-in, just the genitals left, to be 'changed', (a dick left, or, having, (short-term) both, a vagina & a penis . . . :unsure: would make a surprise for the MC, in the 'heat' of a "girl-on-girl" sexual encounter ! :devilish: . . . "WoW, your strap-on feels so Real . . . " :love: :ROFLMAO:

4.40 star(s) 75 Votes