Mar 28, 2018
First of all, thank you for this, it's really nice. I have a question though. It's only for replacing already existing code with other code? With the patcher there is no way to include new code, right?
All it does is replacing code, yes, nothing else, though you can get pretty creative and do some wild stuff if you figure out how to. Like adding new dialogue options for characters or modifying events and dialogue like I do with a couple of mods.
You can even add new functionality for events and such.
Right now I'm trying to figure out how to scale event outcomes through stats instead of checks, how to create a follower mod so that I can have people follow me, how to have npc only be in 1 place at a time, how to create new functions I can use within events, etc. I'll keep people updated on what is/isn't possible with the patcher as time goes on

sbycw

Feb 6, 2019
Alright guys. I was trying to reinsert all of the code changes I made to the game's previous version to fit the new version but I kept running into issues so instead I made a mod patcher so that I can automatically patch and depatch the game with all my mods everytime a new update rolls around. I'm not sure if a tool like this already exists, but I'll upload the game files with the patch tool with all the mods I use.

You guys can make your own mods too if you want.

Main Modding Instructions
1. Download KittyPatcher.zip
2. Put KittyPatcher.exe and the mods folder from KittyPatcher.zip in the main folder of the game, where CourseofTemptation.html is
3. Put the mods you want in the mods folder
4. Double Click KittyPatcher.exe to add the mod(s) to the game
5. Done

Alternatively, you can run KittyPatcher.py in the scripts folder but you'll need to download Python to run it:
Also, F95 registers KittyPatcher.zip as a Virus because I packaged it as a .exe file but it isn't a virus, but if you want to be safe just download KittyPatcherPy.zip. You'll have to install Python to run it though.

KittyPatcher.exe/py
This allows you to apply any and all mods you have in your mods folder to the game in a double click.
1. Put the mods in the mods folder.
2. Double click KittyPatcher.py
After doing these two steps, the patcher works by automatically replacing code in the HTML to modify the game code.
You need the latest version of python installed for it to work.

Mods Folder
Store mods here so the patcher can patch your game.

Create Mods Simple
1. old code 1~new code 1~~old code 2~new code 2~~old code 3~new code 3
2. Name file [yourmodnamehere].mod
3. Put it in mods folder

Create Mods Exmaple
1. Find the code you want to modify, for example:
{
passage: "EventQuadPartyGainCrush",
tags: ["quad party", "chat"],
frequency: 40,
crush: true,
},
2. Create a text document in any kind of software like Notepad
3. Enter the code you want to modify:
{
},
4. Then add a ~ symbol so the program knows where to separate the old code from the new code, then add the new code you want:
{
},~
{
frequency: 640,
},
This mod modifies the frequency of the gain crush event so that you're more likely to gain a crush at the Quad Party.
5. Save it as [Mod Name].mod. Must have a .mod extension.
6. Then put it inside your mod folder if it isn't already there.

Files Attached:
contains the Mod Patcher and the Mods Folder.
KittyPackagerPy.zip contains the Mod Patcher and the Mods Folder. Python, "safe" version.
KittyMods.zip just contains the mods.
Course Of Temptation v0.5.4e.zip contains the Mod Patcher, all the mods, and the modded game. (Outdated)

Tips:
1. You have to make sure there is only 1 instance of the thing you're trying to replace. If you try to replace frequency: 40, with frequency: 640, thousands of instances of frequency: 40, will be changed and you'll have to delete the CourseOfTemptation.html file entirely.
2. If you're creating mods, it's best to do so in Notepad++.
3. You can also replace dialogue, but it's very tricky.
4. Try to avoid putting spaces before or after the ~ key separator.

You should also be able to modify any other Twine HTML game with this but you'd need to change the HTML name in KittyPatcher.py.

Mods Included:
Add Faculty Contact Mod: Allows you to add Faculty as contacts in your phone so you can hang out with them whenever you want.
Faculty Delimiter Mods: Removes all Faculty restrictions.
Date Anybody Mod: Allows you to date anybody, including non peers. Further removes Faculty restrictions.
Booty Calls Anytime Mod: Allows you to get booty calls anytime you want. No longer restricts booty calls until after 6pm or the following day.
Dates/Hangouts Anytime Mods: Allows you to get dates anytime you want. No longer restricts date and hangout times until after 6pm or the following day.
Unlimited Dates/Hangouts: Allows you to have multiple dates a day.
Quick Sex Mod: Allows you to have Quick Sex anywhere with anyone that is present that you are normally able to have sex with. Can be buggy and show multiple Quick Sexes at times. One of my favorites.
Orgasm Limit Mod: Allows you to go another round.

Hangout At Your Dorm Mods: Allows hangouts to occur at your dorm instead of the other person's.
More Player Football Mod: Allows the Player to have more chances to shine in a football game. (Vanilla only allows player to make a move once every 10 games)
Party Events Mods: Allows for Party events more often.
Walk Events Mods: Allows for Campus walking events more often.

All other mods are personalized towards my specific playstyle and modify events to occur much more often than usual.
Add FBuddy/Exhibition Mod: Higher likelihood of getting a fbuddy and the fbuddy exhibition event.
Add Friend/Partner Mod: Higher likelihood of getting a friend and/or partner.
Phone Events Mod: Vastly increases the amount of texts, dates, and hangout requests you get.
Prof Events Mod: Increases likelyhood of Professor events.
The files cannot be downloaded
QQ20241016-122644.png

dinodick

Apr 24, 2019
The python zip doesn't seem to have the right file for patching, it just has the packager and reverse patcher, so i grabbed KittyPatcher.py from another zip. Took me a few tries to get the formatting just right but got it working, thanks!

Yeah, what Greppleson said. I'll add the download link for Python to the mod instructions to make this stuff more clear.

I updated the script so that it runs as a .exe without having to download python. It also allows for multiple replacements. You separate the old code~newcode this way and separate the replacements with ~~ this way:

old code 1~newcode 1~~old code 2~newcode 2~~old code 3~newcode 3

https://f95zone.to/threads/course-of-temptation-v0-5-4f-anthaum.190412/post-15049754

miawang

Sep 10, 2024
All it does is replacing code, yes, nothing else, though you can get pretty creative and do some wild stuff if you figure out how to. Like adding new dialogue options for characters or modifying events and dialogue like I do with a couple of mods.
You can even add new functionality for events and such.
Right now I'm trying to figure out how to scale event outcomes through stats instead of checks, how to create a follower mod so that I can have people follow me, how to have npc only be in 1 place at a time, how to create new functions I can use within events, etc. I'll keep people updated on what is/isn't possible with the patcher as time goes on
So actually it should be possible to make entire new clothing too right? I just have to choose the code lines of an already existing clothing item, replace it with the same code, but add code for new clothing items aftwerwards.

Kiyumi

Jun 26, 2022
Agreed, it carries many of the same problems as Degrees of Lewdity unfortunately. There's a lot of simulation being done, but the simulation is mostly just extra grind that gets in the player's way. Every little interaction does not need to be simulated for crying out loud, if it doesn't have a direct story impact it's just another click that the player has to sit through. It's not immersive to have to click your way out of a room, then out of the building, then to the next location, then into the building, then into the room (and yes the new shortcuts are helping but it's still annoying).

And despite the myriad of choices it feels like the player is fairly limited in terms of what they can meaningfully do to other NPCs. The various stats and inclinations just serve to change up the ad-libbed words in scenes. Things like anal or peeing or spanking with NPCs who don't have corresponding traits should result in the NPC stopping the encounter right there and freaking out at the player character, not merely trying to opt for something else. Ultimately it just feels like a game where the goal is to see procedurally generated ad-libs made with generic templates, and to do so you have to fight the UI and various stat juggling systems the whole while.
That's a fine opinion to have, but considering DoL is one of the highest rated games on this site, maybe this is just a personal preference thing?

I don't mind it personally, it feels immersive. The only thing that gets on my nerves (in both games) are the classes.

Mar 28, 2018
So actually it should be possible to make entire new clothing too right? I just have to choose the code lines of an already existing clothing item, replace it with the same code, but add code for new clothing items aftwerwards.
Yeah you can make new clothing, I just tested it. You should be able to make a lot of new stuff including sex positions as well as long as you integrate the new positions with the dialogue/user interface section.

You should also be able to add new events with their own dialogue and such. For example, if you wanted to make a Cuddle/Sleep Event Invite Event, you'd set it up in the Invites Event section, then duplicate the existing Hangout Event from the Dialogue/UI section, then change up the dialogue, set up the Cuddle/Sleep Event as a hangout option, then add the event. I'm still experimenting with what I can do with the game though. We'll see what happens

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018
The python zip doesn't seem to have the right file for patching, it just has the packager and reverse patcher, so i grabbed KittyPatcher.py from another zip. Took me a few tries to get the formatting just right but got it working, thanks!
Yeah, the problem is that windows automatically deletes unidentified .exe files, so after you extract the files you have to manually drag and drop the files that weren't extracted into the folder

Mar 28, 2018
Added 4 new mods.
1. Uncapped Skills: Removed the Skill Cap of 10. 2. Add/Remove Roommates: Allows you to Add/Remove someone as a roommate as long as you have over 500 Friendship, Affinity or Lust with them. 3. Add Starting Inclinations: Allows you to add inclinations in the Character Creator. 4. Nymphomaniac Inclination: Gives you the Nympho inclination.
Mods Link:

Ayam85

Sep 10, 2019
My mod wishlist:

1. Change an NPC's clothes, not just his/her/their styles. For example you can make a female NPC to wear a dress instead of T-shirt and jeans.
2. More food types in cafeteria menu. More seafood for example.
3. Public sex and how non-participating NPCs react if you get caught.
4. Free and unscripted threesome/orgy.
5. More roommate's reactions if he/she caught you doing live streaming or masturbation, depends his/her attitude towards you.

I could add more but these are the only I can think right now.

Mar 28, 2018
My mod wishlist:

1. Change an NPC's clothes, not just his/her/their styles. For example you can make a female NPC to wear a dress instead of T-shirt and jeans.
2. More food types in cafeteria menu. More seafood for example.
3. Public sex and how non-participating NPCs react if you get caught.
4. Free and unscripted threesome/orgy.
5. More roommate's reactions if he/she caught you doing live streaming or masturbation, depends his/her attitude towards you.

I could add more but these are the only I can think right now.
Thanks I'll add them to the Mod Additions document on GDrive

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
The Mods are great! I am having trouble with the last 4 though. Getting errors when I try to patch them into the game. I also noticed that there are lots of other Mods on the Google Drive that weren't included in those zip files from a few days ago. I'm getting errors there too. Are some WIP and thus should not be used?

Something about an unexpected token ~, setupdefault_kinkcontent is not a function of.. and cannot set properties of undefined.

Mar 28, 2018
The Mods are great! I am having trouble with the last 4 though. Getting errors when I try to patch them into the game. I also noticed that there are lots of other Mods on the Google Drive that weren't included in those zip files from a few days ago. I'm getting errors there too. Are some WIP and thus should not be used?

Something about an unexpected token ~, setupdefault_kinkcontent is not a function of.. and cannot set properties of undefined.
The kink content error should be from the Nympho mod. I'm guessing it shows up because the patch may have failed for some reason. Download the mods from GDrive instead, delete the all the mods from the KittyMods.zip file

phlore101

Jun 28, 2017
The kink content error should be from the Nympho mod. I'm guessing it shows up because the patch may have failed for some reason. Download the mods from GDrive instead, delete the all the mods from the KittyMods.zip file
Yeah, unforunately I've tried a lot of things including wiping it all and just using the (all of) the mods from GDrive. I just had a look at the log. If I have 42 mods, shouldn't there be more than 37 replacements made?

Mar 28, 2018
Yeah, unforunately I've tried a lot of things including wiping it all and just using the (all of) the mods from GDrive. I just had a look at the log. If I have 42 mods, shouldn't there be more than 37 replacements made?
Oh it's sounds like I didn't upload the updated Patcher, damn. I'll delete all existing Patchers and upload the one I've been using. Much thanks for the heads up.
Alright, I fixed all the uploads

Last edited:
Reactions: phlore101

twistyelf

Dec 8, 2018
This is a pretty good game. Enjoyable but I've got to vent a little bit here.

I'm trying to see what the harasser story line is like through submission on two saves. So far, I'm getting RNG blocked, at least according to the wiki. A required event isn't firing. That guest lecturer the wiki mentions is supposed to show up, but it's RNG. One save has gone through the Halloween events twice. No love on the guest lecturer showing up. The new save also has no love, but is only in frostuary. So only 4(?) in-game months. How bad are the chances of this RNG event showing up?

Is this what all future content is going to be like? Events locked behind what seems like punishing RNG? If a character meets the requires skill or trait thresholds I feel like the RNG shouldn't remind me of X-com 2.

But that's just me. I don't gamble for a reason. No luck here. With that said, what is up with this RNG?

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
This is a pretty good game. Enjoyable but I've got to vent a little bit here.

I'm trying to see what the harasser story line is like through submission on two saves. So far, I'm getting RNG blocked, at least according to the wiki. A required event isn't firing. That guest lecturer the wiki mentions is supposed to show up, but it's RNG. One save has gone through the Halloween events twice. No love on the guest lecturer showing up. The new save also has no love, but is only in frostuary. So only 4(?) in-game months. How bad are the chances of this RNG event showing up?

Is this what all future content is going to be like? Events locked behind what seems like punishing RNG? If a character meets the requires skill or trait thresholds I feel like the RNG shouldn't remind me of X-com 2.

But that's just me. I don't gamble for a reason. No luck here. With that said, what is up with this RNG?
Keep going to the MPL after 6PM, that helps a lot with the submission bar..
The lecture or the others events related to class for the Harasser can happen only during your main course, for that could take a bit..
How the hell the Halloween event fired twice? It can happens only in the last week of Gourtober..
There're 2 different contests in it, perhaps you meaning that?
Without a save is hard to say what is going wrong..

Wait. This game has wiki?
There's a Fandom one..

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 103 Votes