VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
I love Sally. His mother doesn't really care that he sleeps with the staff, but she won't accept anything more than hook ups...
Presumably he could keep Sally on staff after marrying an “acceptable” prospect and continue to sleep with Sally. Or was it more common for the new wife to select the staff?

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Presumably he could keep Sally on staff after marrying an “acceptable” prospect and continue to sleep with Sally. Or was it more common for the new wife to select the staff?
A new wife coming into the house of his husband would have to live with the staff already there; sometimes they had been there far longer than the owner of the estate himself. Often she would only bring her personal maid with her. Of course, if a member of the staff left or died, she could hire someone herself, especially if it's someone who would take care of her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Another interesting tidbit is that it would be okay for a man to have one or two mistresses, but more than that, and you would no more be considered a gentleman.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Not gonna lie guys, talking history with you is one of the highlights of my day. It reminds why I got in the field in the first place.

EDIT: I just opened a history channel for all of you history buffs who'd like to discuss the historic aspect of the game or history in general on .

Last edited:

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
preview 6.png

Side Character Reveal: Mary Shelley

Mary Shelley, best known as the author of Frankenstein, joins our ever-growing cast of characters. She is the first of three historical ladies who you will meet during the game.

Will you follow in the footsteps of time and take her virginity the way it happened historically?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 2758721

Mary Shelley, best known as the author of Frankenstein, joins our ever-growing cast of characters. She is the first of three historical ladies who you will meet during the game.

Will you follow in the footsteps of time and take her virginity the way it happened historically?
Huh, definitely didn't see that coming. I'm not sure what to make of this at all.

Reactions: EndlessNights

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I normally hate being assertive.
But my future wife would just have to put up with Sally living in the same house as us
Or at least let me buy her a house close by

Besides I would keep it discreet
No one would ever know I'm in love with a servant.

Alternatively, the mc could find a noble who just wants to marry to get her parents off her back
Basically, our marriage would just be a charade lol

Either way I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Also, now I wish my high school taught history when I went there.

• Star-struck
Reactions: TheMagicalGurl

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
View attachment 2758721

Looks a lot better than reality. As for her virginity, isn't that a bit morbid?
1688993294465.png

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
What would Percy Shelley and Lord Byron think? :sneaky:
Better not tell them ;)

Looks a lot better than reality.
True, but to be honest for an AVN game I think having good-looking women is a plus.

As for her virginity, isn't that a bit morbid?
Sure, it's kind of morbid. Personally that's not a kink that bothers me, I've seen way weirder stuff.

No one would ever know I'm in love with a servant.
Your love for Sally warms my heart :giggle:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Better not tell them ;)

True, but to be honest for an AVN game I think having good-looking women is a plus.

Sure, it's kind of morbid. Personally that's not a kink that bothers me, I've seen way weirder stuff.

Your love for Sally warms my heart :giggle:
I know we talked about Sally not being allowed to marry the mc
Would it be the same if the roles were reversed?
for example a noble woman wanting to marry a normal guy

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You have to remember that a normal person(Whatever tf that is) are different than servants. Normal is like the chick who stripped in the alley.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You have to remember that a normal person(Whatever tf that is) are different than servants. Normal is like the chick who stripped in the alley.
True I should have worded that better I don't even like the word normal
But yeah, what I mean is what if some noble girl wanted to marry some dude who works a standard 9-5 job
If they were around back then lol

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022

But a noblewoman marrying a servant or commoner? She would be ostracized, mocked and disowned by every family members, friends and acquaintances until the end of time.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
True I should have worded that better I don't even like the word normal
But yeah, what I mean is what if some noble girl wanted to marry some dude who works a standard 9-5 job
If they were around back then lol
It depends really. If he's the owner with lots of money and has at least mingled a bit with the snobs, maybe. But doubtful. Lower class people in general aren't accepted.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

But a noblewoman marrying a servant or commoner? She would be ostracized, mocked and disowned by every family members, friends and acquaintances until the end of time.
Thanks for the info :)
I wish we had history classes in my high school back in the day
I also feel sorry for what women had to put up with back then it sounds kind of restrictive

• Red Heart
Reactions: Professor Historian

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Guys I think all those movies set in the past where a noble person falls in love and then marries a commoner have seduced me into thinking everything was perfect back then
I can't believe Hollywood lied to me
Wait a minute yes I can.
The odds that your father chose someone who you genuinely liked, who was around your age and who shared similar interests to yours, who you found attractive, who treated you like a human being and not a baby machine, and who let you have hobbies and interests that were not typically female, were slim to none.

And like I said, your father or closest, oldest male relative would be the one who chose your husband.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The odds that your father chose someone who you genuinely liked, who was around your age and who shared similar interests to yours, who you found attractive, who treated you like a human being and not a baby machine, and who let you have hobbies and interests that were not typically female, were slim to none.

And like I said, your father or closest, oldest male relative would be the one who chose your husband.
I have learnt more about that time period in this thread then I ever have at any other point in my life
Thank you for answering all my questions.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes