VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
Why were the nobles so obsessed with protecting their class structure? So much so that they ostracized and disowned anyone who married outside of it. What was at the root of their class tribalism?

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
Guys I think all those movies set in the past where a noble person falls in love and then marries a commoner have seduced me into thinking everything was perfect back then
I can't believe Hollywood lied to me
Wait a minute yes I can.
It's always been like this, going back thousands of years. It's still true today. There are few exceptions here and there, but the rich don't mingle with peasants. Marriage has been used as a tool to gain wealth, influence, status, create alliances, start/stop/prevent wars and probably more.

Hollywood lies/changes everything all the time even when movie is based on actual books and even real world historic events etc. I remember years ago watching Lord Of The Rings after reading the books and being disappointed with all the changes they made. I'm sure the latest LOTR series is even worse. I stopped watching movies maybe 10-15 years ago. Today it's even worse. Absolute trash.

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
Why were the nobles so obsessed with protecting their class structure? So much so that they ostracized and disowned anyone who married outside of it. What was at the root of their class tribalism?
Why not? Most people would like to move up not down.... it makes sense.

And it wasn't always about love. There were surely scammers who tried to take advantage of young naive boys / girls and scam their way into wealth.

Reactions: Jack Townsend

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
Protecting their class structure protected their power and wealth. In a society with nobility, a Bill Gates can’t rise up from nothing to challenge your power.

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
I normally hate being assertive.
But my future wife would just have to put up with Sally living in the same house as us
Or at least let me buy her a house close by

Besides I would keep it discreet
No one would ever know I'm in love with a servant.

Alternatively, the mc could find a noble who just wants to marry to get her parents off her back
Basically, our marriage would just be a charade lol

Either way I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Also, now I wish my high school taught history when I went there.
I don't know... If I fell in love with a servant girl, I would probably just take her away to some faraway village, stay with her there and forget high society.

I don't think I would want to deal with all the finger-pointing, humiliation and bullying. Most people would probably crack under pressure after a while.

Besides, this way you could check whether she's really into you or she's trying to get into your wallet ;)

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
As the old English saying goes "The rich man in his castle,/The poor man at his gate. God made them high and lowly" So basically to keep their status and privilege it brought, you can't go mixing your noble bloodline with inferior blood. Since god itself ordained your societal positions. Of course this all is pure nonsense, but during those times it was extremely effective way on controlling the masses and who gets to be at the top of society, and that lower classes should just be happy with their position and look up to their betters. You can see some traces of this even today in English society and the society of countries that share historical and cultural background, but instead of noble bloodlines, it's more about if you are rich, you get that position in the eyes of your lessers. But if you want even more detailed theories on the formation of class structure, then i would suggest you read up on the formation of early agricultural societies and about generational wealth, since the class structure formed even before writing was invented.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
View attachment 2758721

Side Character Reveal: Mary Shelley

Mary Shelley, best known as the author of Frankenstein, joins our ever-growing cast of characters. She is the first of three historical ladies who you will meet during the game.

Will you follow in the footsteps of time and take her virginity the way it happened historically?
Interesting. Now I hope for a cross-over with One Day at a Time. :)
PS. Mary and Shelly are two characters in that game.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have been replaying this recently.
And I have to say I really like Jane

And I can't remember if I have said it before
But the way the dev writes the characters is phenomenal
Evry girl has a distinct personality
not every writer can pull that off
but here it's done perfectly imo

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
Thanks! I'm glad more and more players like Jane, at some point I was seriously considering demoting her to a side character.
Tastes vary, but I find Jane to be the most attractive physically. What I really like about her, though, is that she has no ulterior motive to be with the MC. If something develops with her, I expect it would be the closest to a modern romance that the LIs offer. Not saying the other girls wouldn't love the MC, but all of the others stand to gain something (e.g., wealth, status, etc.).

Reactions: RewindWorld

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Tastes vary, but I find Jane to be the most attractive physically. What I really like about her, though, is that she has no ulterior motive to be with the MC. If something develops with her, I expect it would be the closest to a modern romance that the LIs offer. Not saying the other girls wouldn't love the MC, but all of the others stand to gain something (e.g., wealth, status, etc.).
Very true. And Jane is one of the only characters whose scenes and model haven't been updated and improved yet. I think she can be even more gorgeous.

Jane is the really the one i feel the most drawn to, personally.
The crazy thing is we have a monthly Courtship woman selected for a special render on Patreon. Jane and Sally never won, and Jane never even had a single vote yet!

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
The crazy thing is we have a monthly Courtship woman selected for a special render on Patreon. Jane and Sally never won, and Jane never even had a single vote yet!
It might in part be because Jane hasn't had any lewd moments yet. It might be premature to give up on her at this point.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
It might in part be because Jane hasn't had any lewd moments yet. It might be premature to give up on her at this point.
She was naked for a whole scene with her maid in Chapter I. Meanwhile Anne and Elinor have never been naked, and Princess Shirley and Eliza haven't even been introduced in the game yet, and they all won the poll at least once.

But don't worry I'll keep Jane as a love interest, I love her too much!

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
And now I've created a for the game. I'll use it of course to promote the game and keep players updated, but it has also always been a dream of mine to have a forum. I'm old school that way, what can I say. I'll also write post blogs about the Regency Era and history in general. The first one is and is about the peerage and titles.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes