VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
I tried this out quite a while back. Maybe when it was just a prologue or demo? I honestly forgot all about it. (Sorry, dev) I remember bits an pieces and I think I liked it? Gonna give it a shot! (y) Thanks for the update Professor Historian.
You're welcome! Yes, I had made a demo at first, I wanted to see if people would be interested in the story I wanted to tell. I hope you enjoy the full chapter!

Reactions: motseer

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Oh yes, ideally you had to marry up, and produce a male heir as soon as possible, because if you didn't have one you could lose the title and estate to a distant cousin, or even have it returned to the crown, which mean no more place to live for mom, your sisters, and your grandma.
It sounds like it was rough for love back then lol
I think I would have had to prune the family tree a bit
So I have no competion
Cousins are very sneaky.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
By the way guys, if you don't want to become a patron right now, which I understand perfectly, a good way to help me for free is to leave a review!
Shit. I don't think I've ever given a review. I usually end up dropping most games, so I never even thought about it.

Oh and before I forget again. I ran into an error when I tried out the path with Augusta. I guess there was a bj scene and it errored saying scene couldn't be found, but it's in the folder. I rolled back, saved, exited and checked. When I loaded it back up, no error, but no scene either. Go figure.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Shit. I don't think I've ever given a review. I usually end up dropping most games, so I never even thought about it.

Oh and before I forget again. I ran into an error when I tried out the path with Augusta. I guess there was a bj scene and it errored saying scene couldn't be found, but it's in the folder. I rolled back, saved, exited and checked. When I loaded it back up, no error, but no scene either. Go figure.
Oh thanks, I'm going to check it out right now!

It sounds like it was rough for love back then lol
I think I would have had to prune the family tree a bit
So I have no competion
Cousins are very sneaky.
Actually, the concept of romantic love and marrying for it is quite recent for mankind. It's quite fascinating actually.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I haven't been able to replicate it though. Not sure what happened. But, even doing a fresh restart and following the same things I did before, the actual scene in question never appears. Just goes to her saying that we know what to do and leaves.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Ok but Im still pruning the family tree I don't like competion
Especially from sneaky cousins, Brothers or fathers

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

Actually, the concept of romantic love and marrying for it is quite recent for mankind. It's quite fascinating actually.
Yeah I never really thought about stuff like that before
It's probably only really been the last 150 years roughly that marriage has been about love
Maybe even earlier?

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah I never really thought about stuff like that before
It's probably only really been the last 150 years roughly that marriage has been about love
Maybe even earlier?
Marriage isn't really about love that much anymore. It's more about opportunity these days as there is a huge rise in gold digging. You can see it everywhere. My nephew is in the dating scene and the most asked question is "What do you bring to the table" and if you're not wealthy, which he's not, women tend to end the dates. I told him he should ask them the same fuckin question. But I doubt he ever will. lol

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Marriage isn't really about love that much anymore. It's more about opportunity these days as there is a huge rise in gold digging. You can see it everywhere. My nephew is in the dating scene and the most asked question is "What do you bring to the table" and if you're not wealthy, which he's not, women tend to end the dates. I told him he should ask them the same fuckin question. But I doubt he ever will. lol
Yeah, I agree its rough out there
I thought when i was a kid growing up all women wanted a guy who would love them
And support them emotionally and treat them with respect
I have found thats not always the case lol

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, I agree its rough out there
I thought when i was a kid growing up all women wanted a guy who would love them
And support them emotionally and treat them with respect
I have found thats not always the case lol
Back in my day, women wanted men that were strong, confident and loving. Some still wanted the extreme Chad Be Bad guy though. Ones that walked all over them and tossed them away like last week's garbage.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Who is everyones favourite character so far mine is sally
But that could change once we see more of the other girls
And we get to see more of their personalities

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Who is everyones favourite character so far mine is sally
But that could change once we see more of the other girls
And we get to see more of their personalities
I'm on Jane's path. Looks-wise Anne is the hottest, but her personality is crap. She's another one that needs a good spanking.

Reactions: Joshy92

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I'm glad someone enjoys Jane's path. She's the only one who has never been mentioned by a player until you did.
You'll find out that I'm not the normal player. Plus, sometimes it seems like I contradict myself at times. But there's reasons for that. I'm also the guy who has a thing for childhood friends. The woman I'm with in RL now, was my childhood friend and then I moved away for uni.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

Like G.O.B. used to say, "I have made a huge mistake".

It seems that there was a bug when I released version 0.2.3 of Courtship, and as a result Augusta's lewd scene didn't work anymore. Since it's the only animated lewd scene of the episode, I corrected the bug and repackaged the game. Everything should work fine now. If you don't want to replay the game to find Augusta's scene, you can find it . A big thank you to Dark Silence for spotting the bug.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and to earn your forgiveness, let me give you the gift of Sally.

sally special.png

Last edited:

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
There are quite a few people on this thread that want to bang a mother in this game. Would they take Elinor's mother? And would Professor Historian consider making her an option for them?

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes