VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Thanks for all the replies guys! I'll try to answer some questions.

- The tags I use are the ones defined here: https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2023-02-03.10394/. Sure, I can add a warning for the Harem tag saying it's not a harem with all love interests, but the problem is it's still a game in development and I might add it as a bonus ending just because my most vocal supporter since day 1 has asked me for one and I want to thank him for his unwavering support. The short answer is, I don't know yet.
- Yes, there will be pregnancy sex content, at least as an epilogue, and probably as a side story. Side stories will depend on how much patrons I can get though.
- Yes, lesbian content will always be avoidable. In fact, love interests content will be entirely avoidable if you don't want to interact with certain characters. None of them will be crucial to the main plot.
- No, you can't fuck your mother.

I hope this answer some of your questions!

Last edited:

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
In my opinion, an unused Mother character could marry her own son and control him, the power remains in the hands of the mother. Problem solved. Everything stays in the family.

Reactions: BangB420

Cforcer

Jan 26, 2019
Very nice game so far... I love the games from the past times... so refreshing beside tons of mothers and sisters romances.... :D I hope you'll be able to finish it, thank you for making it :p

• Red Heart
Reactions: Professor Historian

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
A nice surprise, really liked the game so far.
I think the most authentic game i played so far, which doesn't play in the modern era and the music fits nicely.

Elinor and Jane are my favorites so far, the dutchess seems interesting thought.
Curious if Augusta will be more than a gold digger.

Really hope we can marry at the end and may keep one or maybe two mistresses, i really don't want to give up on Sally.

Kind of hoped we will get a chance with a princess thought, hearing one was present at the funeral of the old man.
- No, you can't fuck your mother.
god bless :KEK:
What about cousins
Now that is way more interesting and wouldn't be out of place in ~1811 and the nobility.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
A nice surprise, really liked the game so far.
I think the most authentic game i played so far, which doesn't play in the modern era and the music fits nicely.

Elinor and Jane are my favorites so far, the dutchess seems interesting thought.
Curious if Augusta will be more than a gold digger.

Really hope we can marry at the end and may keep one or maybe two mistresses, i really don't want to give up on Sally.

Kind of hoped we will get a chance with a princess thought, hearing one was present at the funeral of the old man.

god bless :KEK:

Now that is way more interesting and wouldn't be out of place in ~1811 and the nobility.
Thanks, it's always great to read comments like yours!

It was pretty common at the time for a gentleman to have mistresses, so it will be entirely possible. As for Princess Shirley, she will join the story sooner or later, it all depends on how successful the game is, since her introduction will necessitate the palace and all that stuff.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 203Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Definitely an interesting debut. I love the premise and the characters show a lot of promise. The stat system is going to depend on the execution; I broadly understand what the stats represent, the question is if I'll need a guide to translate that understanding into a logical outcome. So far so good, but we'll have to see how it develops.

There are a few issues. The MC's room is exceedingly overlit in the morning, there are some typos and it looks like a variable with Jane wasn't set properly. I also thought the options not to kiss Sally or Jane were a little clunky; I get the MC is meant to be awkward, but the change of tack is so abrupt it feels artificial. Still, these are eminently solvable problems. Good luck on the game, I look forward to the next chapter!

Last edited:

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
I am willing to overlook many of the nitpicky shortcomings like a variable not being set, or a stray French word or two because of how good the writing is so far and practical nonexistence of period faithful stories.

Something that I think could use fixing is if you plan to add more branching choices that lock players out of content, make sure that it makes sense and is obvious, or at least, reasonable to the player. An example of that is you running into Jane which requires you to not help thewhatshername. I would not have seen that part of the game if I didn't intentionally go out of my way to check what being a douche nets me. While I don't have an issue with that particular turn of events (despite the fact that you kind of have to be a dick) it would make sense if we got to see by taking an "honorable" route, for example, that Jane gets discouraged from approaching you because you get to talk to that whatshername and is seemingly interested in her. As it stands the only reason to suspect that scene is even in the game is because Rebecca suggests Jane invites the MC today, which didn't happen.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
I am willing to overlook many of the nitpicky shortcomings like a variable not being set, or a stray French word or two because of how good the writing is so far and practical nonexistence of period faithful stories.
Thanks for the kind words!

Something that I think could use fixing is if you plan to add more branching choices that lock players out of content, make sure that it makes sense and is obvious, or at least, reasonable to the player. An example of that is you running into Jane which requires you to not help thewhatshername. I would not have seen that part of the game if I didn't intentionally go out of my way to check what being a douche nets me. While I don't have an issue with that particular turn of events (despite the fact that you kind of have to be a dick) it would make sense if we got to see by taking an "honorable" route, for example, that Jane gets discouraged from approaching you because you get to talk to that whatshername and is seemingly interested in her. As it stands the only reason to suspect that scene is even in the game is because Rebecca suggests Jane invites the MC today, which didn't happen.
I see what you mean, you have to be a dick to see Jane, but you have to be a good guy to get with Jane, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for the player. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the feedback!

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes